Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

11 hours ago, fish44 said:

Well pulled the trigger now, and ordered all the parts. 16gb 3200mHz ram cost 230euro. Was hoping to put 32gb into the new rig, but will settle for 16gb for the moment.

Still a good step ahead, Ram does make a big difference, you made a good choice even if you only bought 16gb, at 3200, you should still see a significant performance increase.

Back in September when Old Bear was helping me out i had $2500 to work with, and i maxed out the ram to the limits of the Mobo that was also recommended, and this is what i got

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232297&Tpk=N82E16820232297

now this is also based on what was reviewed here https://techreport.com/review/31179/intel-core-i7-7700k-kaby-lake-cpu-reviewed/11

I got to tell you that ram and cpu combo among the other parts, seriously made a difference!

I had recently this past week chatting with a friend on my steams friend's list, how they uninstalled arma3 because what they were playing lagged, and anything they played lagged, they blamed it on the mods, and game.

Now after about 20min into the chat, i asked what were their computer specs, and they give me this ego trip like i have a $5,000 gaming computer, "im not poor" ect,.

so im like ok then lets find out why you lag, so give me your specs, so they post their specs, they are like 2 versions under mine.

They had 16gb of ram, and i asked whats the frequency of it, they go and look it up and come back with DDR4 1600, i told them theres your issue, your ram is your weak link in your specs,

up that to at least 3000 and you should be playing without issues.

RAM speed is very important to consider, but RAM timings are not less important.

For exemple you can buy 3600 MHz with 17-18-18 timings that will give you same FPS as 3200 MHz 14-14-14 and less FPS than 3600 MHz 15-15-15.

Because with timings like 17-18-18 you already have 3866 or even 4000/4133 MHz modules.

Even more important are subtimings.

Secondary, tertiary and quaternary timings.

XMP profiles are a nightmare to be honnest. They are meant to set timings and voltage to ensure your RAM will work on ANY motherboard and on a CPU with ANY IMC (integrated memory controller) exactly at specs that are stated on the box.

In order to do so - timings are loosen.

Imagine that there are different motherboards' brands/models/bioses' versions for different CPUs' brands/models/sockets/chipsets.

+ there are more or less discrepancies of quality within the exactly same models of mainboards/CPUs/RAM that come in play depending in which country, in which factory, on which day, at which line by which workers from which shift and with which quality control tolerances these were made.

By tightening all the timings and by upping the voltage you can gain up to 20-30% RAM read/write/copy speed at the same frequency if you have the knowledge and time.

Recently I managed to OC my relatively old i7-4790K to 5.0 GHz on air and passed full custom Prime95 run.

Temperature while playing ArmA never goes higher than 50-55°C @ 22-24°C ambient.

You can buy 2x the same mainboard.

Then...

1 motherboard:

- will heat more

- will require a higher voltage for the CPU

- will make the CPU run hotter

- will limit more CPU/CPU Cache speed possible on it

- will require a higher voltage for the RAM

- will limit more higher/lower RAM speed/timings possible on it

2 motherboard:

- will heat less

- will require a lower voltage for the CPU

- will make the CPU run cooler

- will limit less CPU/CPU Cache speed possible on it

- will require a lower voltage for the RAM

- will limit less higher/lower RAM speed/timings possible on it

It's sure good to buy a mainboard from a well known brand and a mid-range or a better one.

I'm not talking about how many USB/SATA/M.2 ports are available or is there a HDMI/DisplayPort, different on-board buttons or RGB bling bling.

But I'm talking about CPU power delivery circuitry, how cool/hot a mainboard runs, what is the chipset, which options for OC are available in the BIOS, how optimized the BIOS is and how often it gets updated.

If you're lucky enough, you can spot a good mid-range board that probably will run even cooler, require a few steps of voltage less for your CPU and run @ higher/lower RAM speed/timings than a gamer/high-end board from the same brand.

You can buy 2x the same CPU.

Then...

1 CPU:

- will require a higher default voltage

- will run hotter

- will limit more CPU/CPU Cache speed

- will limit more higher/lower RAM speed/timings possible using it

- will eventually run higher CPU/CPU Cache speed but at a substantially higher voltage that could be cooled ONLY by custom water cooling - not All-in-One

- will require more voltage steps between frequeneces

For exemple:

As much as +0.032V to go from 4.6 to 4.8 GHz instead of only +0.016V and even +0.064V to go from 4.8 to 5.0

- will scale less good/not that far

(When going from 4.6 to 4.8 GHz will require MORE voltage steps than when going from 4.2 to 4.4 and from 4.4 to 4.6 and even more to go from 4.8 to 5.0)

For exemple:

from 4.2 to 4.4 = +0.016V

from 4.4 to 4.6 = +0.016V

from 4.6 to 4.8 = +0.032V

from 4.8 to 5.0 = +0.064V

2 CPU:

- will require a lower default voltage

- will run cooler

- will limit less CPU/CPU Cache speed

- will limit less higher/lower RAM speed/timings

- can be cooled by air/All-in-One coolers

- will require less voltage steps between frequences

For exemple:

Only +0.016V to go from 4.6 to 4.8 GHz instead of +0.032V and maybe only +0.016V to go from 4.8 to 5.0 or not more than +0.032V.

- will scale better/farther

(When going from 4.6 to 4.8 GHz will equire SAME voltage steps than when going from 4.2 to 4.4 and from 4.4 to 4.6 and not more than +0.032V or even only +0.016V to go from 4.8 to 5.0)

For exemple:

from 4.2 to 4.4 = +0.016V

from 4.4 to 4.6 = +0.016V

from 4.6 to 4.8 = +0.016V

from 4.8 to 5.0 = +0.016/0.032V

Looking to buy a PC and I have the parts selected out, but wish to know if I should upgrade anything to get a better PC in the long run,

Motherboard: ASROCK Z370M ITX/AC
CPU:  I7-7800K 3.70 GHZ
GPU: GTX 1080 8GB
DDR4-3200 2X8GB
Processor Cooler: Asetek 550LC 120mm
Power: 750 Watt - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand
HD: 250GB SSD and 2TB. 
Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 24

Like I stated in the beginning, is there anything I need to upgrade? I know this will run Arma 3, but is there anything that hinders it from reaching maximum potential?

Welcome home :don16:

Well, something seems wrong at 1st sight ...

6 hours ago, GuthixAwesome said:

HD: 250GB SSD and 2TB. 

... this combo is is clearly not at the level expected at this level.A

A 500 GB SSD is the minimum.

Using a Samsung 500GB NMVe on the M.2 slot will probably be a solution if you are aware of temp issue.

Using a water-cooling system only deals with cooling the processor it implies to be concerned about the cooling of everything around it.

This can be a good opportunity to refocus on cooling the "Premium 60A Power Choke & Nichicon 12K Black Caps" and the SSD M.2 aswell ...

You can't get rid of an efficient active cooling fan here.

From my point of view, the high end miniITX Z370 are better built for gaming usage ... at a price, TANSTAFL!

Could you explain why you need a miniITX MoBo ?

15 hours ago, GuthixAwesome said:

Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 24

do you already own that monitor?

if not, i'd tell you not to buy it. simply because it's only full-hd and and the GTX1080 is (usually) able to provide good fps in WQHD (2560x1440) maybe even UWQHD (3440x1440).

and besides, i'd advise to get G-Sync (or freesync for AMD users), because it makes the images run smother.

if you already own the monitor, it's okay. you can upgrade  later.

Motherboard: ASROCK Z370M ITX/AC
DDR4-3200 2X8GB

i don't know if you would be willing to pay much more for RAM, but getting faster RAM should somewhat improve your PC's performance in Arma 3 (and other games).

if you stick to the MoBo this RAM should get the best results (CMR16GX4M2F4000C19). It's listed on the memory QVL of the mobo, and therefore should be compatible even with 4000MHz Ram clock.

when you decide to to follow Bear's objection and get a regular Mobo (ATX or even µATX), (what i'd advise to do, too btw) you should check the manufacturer's memory QVL for the right ram. 

SSD: 250GB can become to small, very quickly. if you have many mods, arma alone can use up more than 60GB, add windows an few other games and a reserve and you will hit the limits in no time.

you don't have to go for a M2 SSD, but you should definitely get more space.

the PSU is very good (80+ Titanium, fully modular, etc. ), but if you can afford, you might want to get one with the 80+ Platinum certificate. i think as long as you keep it for the next few setups (there are few reasons to change it anyways) you might save enough energy to break even in the long term. but please don't nail me on it, there are so many variables.

14 hours ago, oldbear said:

Welcome home :don16:

Well, something seems wrong at 1st sight ...

... this combo is is clearly not at the level expected at this level.A

A 500 GB SSD is the minimum.

Using a Samsung 500GB NMVe on the M.2 slot will probably be a solution if you are aware of temp issue.

Using a water-cooling system only deals with cooling the processor it implies to be concerned about the cooling of everything around it.

This can be a good opportunity to refocus on cooling the "Premium 60A Power Choke & Nichicon 12K Black Caps" and the SSD M.2 aswell ...

You can't get rid of an efficient active cooling fan here.

From my point of view, the high end miniITX Z370 are better built for gaming usage ... at a price, TANSTAFL!

Could you explain why you need a miniITX MoBo ?

I switched everything up and decided to use a different case, was speaking with a support team member about the case and they stated that it would require more fans(case can't fit anymore fans) to overclock the GPU.
Using the iBUYPOWER Element Gaming Case and changing specs around.
The GPU, CPU, Memory remains the same.
Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO
Processor Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H55 120mm
3 Fans that are 120mm.
PSU: 1000 Watts(A little overkill from what I've heard but was only 41$ more than a 750 watt).
HD: Should I make my HD 256GB SSD and 500GB SSD? And add a 1TB Data Hard Drive? Trying to save money while buying the hard drive but quite new to this.
Also thinking of changing my 1080 to a 1070 TI but I don't know if 58$ should make me change it.
Trying to make my price under 200$ a month as I tend to pay this out in increments over a year time using ibuypower.com why I wanted to use this site.
https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel-Z370-Element 
Editing my specs on this page^ If you find a better page or somewhere else I could have the same system or a little bit downgraded but cost less then please do tell me.

Trying to make my price under 200$ a month as I tend to pay this out in increments over a year time using ibuypower.com why I wanted to use this site.
https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel-Z370-Element 
Editing my specs on this page^ If you find a better page or somewhere else I could have the same system or a little bit downgraded but cost less then please do tell me.

the Ibuypoower Rig how the link has set it up for me:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-8700K Processor (6x 3.70GHz/12MB L3 Cache)

Mobo: MSI Z370-A PRO

RAM: 16GB Major Brand Gaming Memory DDR4-3000 Memory

upgrade to DDR4-3200 Memory +60$

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - 8GB

updgrade to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti EVGA GAMING 8GB +72$

or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 - 8GB (GDDR5X) (VR-Ready) +130$

Case: iBUYPOWER Element Gaming Case (Front & Side Glass Panel)

SSD: 250GB WD Blue SSD

upgrade to 500GB WD Blue SSD +41$

HDD: 1 TB Hard Drive -- 32MB Cache, 7200RPM, 6.0Gb/s 

PSU: 600W Standard 80 PLUS Bronze

Processor Cooling: Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid CPU Cooler

i assume you are from the US:

=1479$ (+tax?)

with max upgrades: 1710$

with +RAM and +SSD +1070TI = 1652$ (+8% VAT ca. 1785$)

why don't you build it yourself?

CPU: Core i7-8700k 370€

MoBo: ASRock Z370 Pro4 110€

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 16GB(F4-4133C19D-16GTZKW) 260€

GPU: for example MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Armor 8G 500€

Case (depends much on personal taste, but for example this one: Sharkoon VG4-V (ca. 35€)) 30-50€ (or more if you want)

SSD: Crucial MX500 500GB 130€

HDD: for example Seagate BarraCuda Compute 4TB 100€

PSU: for example Seasonic Focus Plus Platinum 750W ATX 2.4 (SSR-750PX) (80+ Platinum) 120€

(even 750W seems over the top for me with this setup, so no need to go for 1000W unless you want to use SLI)

Processor Cooling for example (be sure to get one that works with your case):

Water: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 ca 50€

Air: 10-40€ for  example: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo ca. 20-25€

you could save on getting cheaper RAM, but even going for the slower (and i wouldn't go below 3200MHz)

Kingston HyperX Predator (3200MHz) (HX432C16PB3K2/16) from the QVL it would only be 50€ (60$)

=1675€ including taxes (prices from german shops)

according to google that's 2051$ (i'm a bit shocked how strong the € got again)

maybe the components are cheaper if you buy them in the US , i don't know about that.

(they are for sure, if compare them with EU prices + shipping + US taxes)

overall the ibuypower offer seems okay, but especially the PSU (only 80+ Bronze) and the RAM (could be faster, especially for Arma) don't seem to good to me

10 hours ago, HaseDesTodes said:

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - 8GB

updgrade to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti EVGA GAMING 8GB +72$

or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 - 8GB (GDDR5X) (VR-Ready) +130$

PSU: 600W Standard 80 PLUS Bronze

overall the ibuypower offer seems okay, but especially the PSU (only 80+ Bronze) and the RAM (could be faster, especially for Arma) don't seem to good to me

Would 1000 Watts 80 Bronze+ like I originally stated be fine for Arma 3, never really focused on buying a power for I've been using a Laptop? Or does changing it to Platinum 750 make a big difference, as the 1000 Watt is fairly cheap? Building isn't something I can do currently.

Would there be a big difference between downgrading between the GTX 1070 Ti and GTX 1080 for Arma 3? As I could downgrade to the 1070 Ti and upgrade the power.

Also on the Monitor, I wish to buy one and the one I selected was the ASUS VG248QE 24, quite frankly quite new to buying a monitor(due to using a Laptop), and wish to know is there one to buy that's cheaper, as the monitor is what bumps up my monthly cost around 30$. Would there really be a big differnce between a 60Hz and a 144Hz for Arma 3, or is a little to no differnce.
Just wish to run Arma 3 with mods above 40 FPS. Without mods around 60.

My Laptop specs can't do so and it's erm...pretty bad specs. 5 year old laptop.

So you wish to play Arma3 at a nice playable level and you are more or less on a budget.

My advice would be the same as I have suggested before :

On 09/01/2018 at 2:16 PM, oldbear said:

IRL, It's probably something such as :

CPU - Intel Core i7-7700K
GPU - GTX 1080
Hard drive - 500gb SSD
Ram - 16 GB-3000MHz

Mobo -  Z270
PSU - 550/600w
OS - Win 10 64bit

ATM, the Intel Core i7-8700K looks like a "dream processor" not really available, and the needed Z370 is over expensive.

The i7-7740 performed all around the results delivered by the Core i7 7700K on a more expensive X299 board.

Even if this pack is not based on the last released hardware it will do the job quite well.

I am playing Arma3 more than 3 hrs a day on an i7-7700K/GTX 1060 6Go/16 Go DDR4 3200MHz/SSD 500Go [W10] + SSD 500Go [Arma*] rig and it's doing the job.

The display  is an Iiyama G-Master GB2488HSU @ 144 MHz  and the PSU is an oversized Seasonic 850W.

You can get a glimpse at its performances here ....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GuthixAwesome said:

Would 1000 Watts 80 Bronze+ like I originally stated be fine for Arma 3, never really focused on buying a power for I've been using a Laptop? Or does changing it to Platinum 750 make a big difference, as the 1000 Watt is fairly cheap? Building isn't something I can do currently.

Would there be a big difference between downgrading between the GTX 1070 Ti and GTX 1080 for Arma 3? As I could downgrade to the 1070 Ti and upgrade the power.

Also on the Monitor, I wish to buy one and the one I selected was the ASUS VG248QE 24, quite frankly quite new to buying a monitor(due to using a Laptop), and wish to know is there one to buy that's cheaper, as the monitor is what bumps up my monthly cost around 30$. Would there really be a big differnce between a 60Hz and a 144Hz for Arma 3, or is a little to no differnce.
Just wish to run Arma 3 with mods above 40 FPS. Without mods around 60.

My Laptop specs can't do so and it's erm...pretty bad specs. 5 year old laptop.

About PSUs:

The reasons for which i would go for (and for which i have) high efficiency PSUs are, 

1. (obvious) saving power: 

Lets say your PC hardware demands 500W

With a 1000W 80+ Bronze PSU (peak efficiency is 85% at 50% load=500W) your PSU will use 588W

Now you have 88W wasted and transformed into heat.

With a 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU (peak efficiency is 94% at 50% load) your PSU will use 532W

that might only be a difference of 56W so not much for a moment.

Let's assume you play 5h a day for a year (wishful thinking for a working person) and your PC needs those 500W when you do.

That would be 0.056kW*5h*365= 99.68kWh (not sure about prices in the US, but i found a price of 0.12$/kWh).

that would be a difference of around 12$ for a year of powergaming. now with a lifespan for a good PSU of about 10 years (i think my old one was about this age (maybe only 7 years, idk) and it still worked when i replaced it)

you would have a difference of 120$ between a Bronze and a Platinum grade PSU.

I have to admit, the numbers i gave you a (much) higher than what would be realistic for an average player, but it should make one thing clear:

The long-term savings can turn out so high, that you should take them into consideration.

2. heat

if we stick to the example from above you have a difference of 56W of produced heat inside your case.

a slightly weaker CPU has a TDP of 65W, so the wasted power is almost as much as a CPU at full load.

that heat will have to be transported out of the case or it will affect the other components. so it will usually mean either a higher noise level, or higher temperatures or even a bit of both.

BTW:

you said you were currently unable to build a PC. Why is that so, did you borrow your only screwdriver to a friend? because it shouldn't take much more than that.

PSU max power:

Core i7-8700k: 95W TDP

GTX 1080: 180W TDP

estimations:

Mobo: 20W

SSD+HDD: 20W

RAM: 10W

USB devices: max 30W (probably much less)

other devices (fans, lights, etc.): 15W

peak multipler (CPU,GPU,MoBo,RAM) : 1.2

OC multiplier (CPU,GPU,MoBo,RAM): 1.3 

total maximum power consumption:

OC+Peak load: (95+180+20+10)*1.2*1.3+20+30+15= 541[W]

OC, non peak: 461W

normal max. power: 95+180+20+20+10+30+15= 370 [W]

now. even with those REALLY high values+ multipliers you would not need more than 650W (so 1000W would be unreasonably high)

even a 500W PSU should be sufficient, because (good) PSUs can provide more power for a moment, so peak consumptions don't cause a system crash/shutdown.

on the other if you plan using more than one GPU in your system at some point; you will need a higher power PSU by that point.

Monitors:

144Hz alone will make no significant difference for Arma3 because you will rarely (if at all) get enough fps to notice the smoother image.

G-Sync: should make a much greater difference, because the image gets much smoother, especially at lower fps.

display resolution: with the GPU you plan buying you should be able to go for higher resolutions than 1920x1080 (full HD), but if you dont have the money you could also turn up the rendering resolution to 150%.

but as with the PSU, you should keep in mind, that a monitor will accompany you for many years, if you threat it well, so buying a worse one now, might mean that you will have to buy a new one in a few years, or live with an inferior model.

i know money plays a great deal, but going for such a good PC and then getting a low-midrange monitior doesn't seem reasonable to me.

Well, a "1000 Watts 80 Bronze+" is not the best option, I think that a 700/750 Watts 80 Gold or Platinium would be more relevant.

But the main point is about what you really need ?

From my point of view in order to play Arma3 you don't need the last CPU released.

The only point in favour of the i7-8700K is the "Max Turbo Frequency @ 4.70 GHz".

With Arma3 now with my gaming rig #1, I get often more than 100 FPS in game in MP on my Clan server, that's why I have switch to a 144Hz display.

3 hours ago, HaseDesTodes said:

Monitors:

144Hz alone will make no significant difference for Arma3 because you will rarely (if at all) get enough fps to notice the smoother image.

G-Sync: should make a much greater difference, because the image gets much smoother, especially at lower fps.

display resolution: with the GPU you plan buying you should be able to go for higher resolutions than 1920x1080 (full HD), but if you dont have the money you could also turn up the rendering resolution to 150%.

but as with the PSU, you should keep in mind, that a monitor will accompany you for many years, if you threat it well, so buying a worse one now, might mean that you will have to buy a new one in a few years, or live with an inferior model.

i know money plays a great deal, but going for such a good PC and then getting a low-midrange monitior doesn't seem reasonable to me.

So what would be a good monitor to get with G-sync under 300$? I made the power 750 Platinum like you and oldbear stating, however, I'd prefer not to buy my first monitor for over 300$, and I would upgrade it probably in a year to a year and a half.

I can't clearly understand why you want to use a G-Sync monitor in order to play Arma3.

Of course, if you are playing other games more GPU dependant ...

When I am looking for a monitor , my main concern is about display response time under 2 ms.

1 hour ago, oldbear said:

I can't clearly understand why you want to use a G-Sync monitor in order to play Arma3.

When I am looking for a monitor , my main concern is about display response time under 2 ms.

from my experience arma often suffers providing stable/high fps. (it might be my i5 4770k that is getting old)

the point with gsync and freesync is, that the image gets smoother, especially at low fps (or unstable frametimes).

i have the impression, that since i use a 144Hz freesyn monitor, arma feels (a bit) less slugish (especially in CQB), and since i don't have a ultra fast GPU+CPU, i don't think the 144Hz made the difference.

i guess i should experiment on how it feels with 60Hz+freesync and 144Hz+no sync

it might not be necessary with the i7 8700k, i can't tell.

3 hours ago, GuthixAwesome said:

So what would be a good monitor to get with G-sync under 300$? I made the power 750 Platinum like you and oldbear stating, however, I'd prefer not to buy my first monitor for over 300$, and I would upgrade it probably in a year to a year and a half.

under 300$? there is no G-Sync monitor i see below 350€. it's nVidia so you will have to pay extra money for that (but that aside, you can be quite sure every Gsync monitor is performing very well).

if you plan to upgrade the monitor anyways there is no need to go for a gsync right now.

47 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

from my experience arma often suffers providing stable/high fps. (it might be my i5 4770k that is getting old)

the point with gsync and freesync is, that the image gets smoother, especially at low fps (or unstable frametimes).

i have the impression, that since i use a 144Hz freesyn monitor, arma feels (a bit) less slugish (especially in CQB), and since i don't have a ultra fast GPU+CPU, i don't think the 144Hz made the difference.

i guess i should experiment on how it feels with 60Hz+freesync and 144Hz+no sync

it might not be necessary with the i7 8700k, i can't tell.

2 hours ago, oldbear said:

Should I focus on getting a  144HZ or a 60HZ for Arma 3? Both ones I have found are 1MS. The Sceptre E248W-19206C LED Monitor for 60HZ, or the ASUS VG248QE LED 3D Monitor for 144HZ. 
Aside from the monitor, is everything else looking fine? Changed the PSU to what y'all stated. Staying at the i7-8700k so I don't have to worry about upgrading that for awhile.

Arma3 is NOT a console game, you will never get a "stable FPS" level.

The playable level in Arma3 is over 30 FPS and the 60 FPS stable is something you can only dream of ... but only dream.

The best way to get a stable image is to have the best CPU you can afford and the best SSD you can get to host Windows AND Arma3.

You must remember that you can get "Ultra" quality on screen, on the kind of Full HD monitor you have on sight, with a GTX 1050Ti or an RX 470 if you can get one.

Due to the way Arma3 RV engine is working such GPUs will spend a lot of time waiting.

So the kind of instability you are speaking of has mainly nothing to do with GPU and monitor, it's only the result of the constantly changing simulation/rendering charge on CPU.

3 hours ago, oldbear said:

Arma3 is NOT a console game, you will never get a "stable FPS" level.

The playable level in Arma3 is over 30 FPS and the 60 FPS stable is something you can only dream of ... but only dream.

The best way to get a stable image is to have the best CPU you can afford and the best SSD you can get to host Windows AND Arma3.

You must remember that you can get "Ultra" quality on screen, on the kind of Full HD monitor you have on sight, with a GTX 1050Ti or an RX 470 if you can get one.

Due to the way Arma3 RV engine is working such GPUs will spend a lot of time waiting.

So the kind of instability you are speaking of has mainly nothing to do with GPU and monitor, it's only the result of the constantly changing simulation/rendering charge on CPU.

Are you talking to Hase or me?
What would you recommend currently for me to upgrade currently on the specs I've said.

Also, this is just for the monitor but should I save money and keep at a 60Hz since it won't effect Arma gameplay and upgrading to the 144Hz monitor cost quite a penny more. I'm perfectly fine with a 30-60FPS Frame rate using mods. Currently have a 20-30 FPS on my Laptop and have been playing like that. 

500 GB WD Blue SSD is the SSD with 1TB of Seregate I plan to use currently as a start out, and will upgrade in the future.
Don't plan to buy everything until around a month to month and a half from today.

@ GuthixAwesome : if I want to tell you something, I will do it that way.

As it is a forum and a not a private chat, the implicit rule is that what is posted is for everyone.

17 hours ago, oldbear said:

@ GuthixAwesome : if I want to tell you something, I will do it that way.

As it is a forum and a not a private chat, the implicit rule is that what is posted is for everyone.

You were speaking as if addressing a certain person by using "you" and I merely assumed, but it's not important.
Back to the original topic, do all of my specs look fine?

Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO
CPU:  I7-8700K 3.70 GHZ

16 GB [8 GB x2] DDR4-3200 Memory Module - GSKILL Ripjaws 
PSU: 750 Watts Platinum
HD: 500GB SSD and 1TB.
Monitor: Sceptre E248W-19206C LED
Fans: 3x 120mm case fans

You should be able to get 90+ fps with that 80+ easily, i'm just shy of the cpu and get 80+with full settings.

21 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

You should be able to get 90+ fps with that 80+ easily, i'm just shy of the cpu and get 80+with full settings.

Thanks, so say if I were to join a gaming community that uses a lot of mods I should have no problem?

5 hours ago, GuthixAwesome said:

You were speaking as if addressing a certain person by using "you" and I merely assumed, but it's not important.
Back to the original topic, do all of my specs look fine?

Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO
CPU:  I7-8700K 3.70 GHZ

16 GB [8 GB x2] DDR4-3200 Memory Module - GSKILL Ripjaws 
PSU: 750 Watts Platinum
HD: 500GB SSD and 1TB.
Monitor: Sceptre E248W-19206C LED
Fans: 3x 120mm case fans

You need one more item - a good watercooler to OC your CPU as close to 5+ GHZ has possible to keep up with mods. ARMA  is a pure CPU + RAM Bandwidth / Latency game... You should be good if you can do this. I suggest a 240 size or larger water cooler due all of your cores. Here is a thread about a good watercooler for your cpu:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1640479/best-cpu-cooler-i7-8700k-oc

2 minutes ago, Valken said:

You need one more item - a good watercooler to OC your CPU as close to 5+ GHZ has possible to keep up with mods. ARMA  is a pure CPU + RAM Bandwidth / Latency game... You should be good if you can do this. I suggest a 240 size or larger water cooler due all of your cores. Here is a thread about a good watercooler for your cpu:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1640479/best-cpu-cooler-i7-8700k-oc

Do you think a Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 240mm would work?