Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

What will Arma 3 run like on my laptop? 

I have an Asus M50S-V

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU t7500 @ 2.20GHz 2.20 Ghz

3GB RAM

300GB HD

NVidia GeForce 9500M GS Graphics card.

Windows 7 Home Premium

32 bit

Thanks in advance :) 

I have the following, would  be able to play ArmA 3?

Intel-i5

Geforce GT 620

4GB RAM

For some reason im not allowed to create a new topic, so I have to ask this here:

Im getting very low fps in Arma 3 when playing with friends in coop. 30-35 fps on average.

Unfortunately, lowering the graphic settings doesent seem to have a real impact. The only thing I dont want to mess around with too much is the view distance for gameplay reasons.

My system is quite old, but is there really nothing i can do?

i5 3570

HD7970

8gb ram

For some reason im not allowed to create a new topic, so I have to ask this here:

Im getting very low fps in Arma 3 when playing with friends in coop. 30-35 fps on average.

Unfortunately, lowering the graphic settings doesent seem to have a real impact. The only thing I dont want to mess around with too much is the view distance for gameplay reasons.

My system is quite old, but is there really nothing i can do?

i5 3570

HD7970

8gb ram

Yes you can:

1. Learn which settings improve/degrade performance

http://wiki.day0.com.au/ArmA_3_Performance_Tweaks_and_Settings_Guide

2. overclock your CPU as Arma is very CPU-dependent (like most other sims)

http://www.techspot.com/review/712-arma-3-benchmarks/page5.html

• Like 1

Hello, can anyone suggest the best settings to run arma 3 without any lag,

My laptop runs at a 2.4 ghz, Quad core i5.

Many Thank's :)

Yes you can:

1. Learn which settings improve/degrade performance

http://wiki.day0.com.au/ArmA_3_Performance_Tweaks_and_Settings_Guide

2. overclock your CPU as Arma is very CPU-dependent (like most other sims)

http://www.techspot.com/review/712-arma-3-benchmarks/page5.html

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I already tweaked my settings according to the link from 1)

Unfortunately, graphical settings do not seem to have a real impact on my FPS.

Ive never overclocked anything before, but I might give it a try. I just hope that I dont break something.

Check that your CPU is an i5-3570.

Because if it is a 3570 you're stuck, you can hardly overclock it, i.e. on you can only increase the FSB not the CPU multiplier

To be able to increase the CPU mulitplier your CPU needs to be a 3570k

On intel chips the K suffix indicates that the CPU multiplier is unlocked.

If so then your 3570 should overclock from 3.4 to 4.0 with ease (simply increase CPU multiplier from 34 to 40).

If you're lucky you might reach 4.2 without increasing voltage, in which case even the stock HSF should be able to provide sufficient cooling.

Beyond that you'll need an after-market HSF (don't bother with WC it's expensive and over-rated), e.g. Cooler Master: Hyper 212 EVO @ €30/$30.

If you want to learn more there are many guides on the web:

http://www.techradar.com/news/computing-components/processors/beginner-s-guide-to-overclocking-1040234

• Like 1

Check that your CPU is an i5-3570.

Because if it is a 3570 you're stuck, you can hardly overclock it, i.e. on you can only increase the FSB not the CPU multiplier

Oh now that you mention it: I have an i5-3570, not the k version. I remember reading that information about overclocking a couple of months ago. Damn. Well I guess I will have to focus on missions with low performance demands then.

I pass all all the minimum requirements but the recommended my cpu is bad can i still run it on low at least 30 fps in mutiplayer?

Gpu- gtx 750ti SC

Cpu- Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E7500

Ram- 4g

If i cant run it will an athlon x4 860k work fine?

Anyone here wondering if a 660 Superclocked can run Arma 3 will be pleased to know that after 1,700hrs of game-time it is performing fabulously.

Negative glock_

With an "ancient" dual core such as E7500 you will get around 30 FPS in SP, probably 20/25 FPS in MP and less on a "heavily modded" fancy server.

So with such a config you can only "enjoy" SP.

By the way, you need more than 4 Go DDR (DDR2?).

HP Pavilion 15-ak011na Gaming Laptop, Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 1TB + 128GB SSD, 15", Hybrid Green nvidia geforce gtx 950m 4gb

Hi guys I'm new to arma 3 will this laptop run arma 3 as I'm wanting to buy this game but only if the laptop can run it

Thanks

@ Drinkwater : I think this laptop can run it, but the way it will run it is linked to the i5 used in it.

HP Pavilion 15-ak011na Gaming Laptop, Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 1TB + 128GB SSD, 15", Hybrid Green nvidia geforce gtx 950m 4gb

Hi guys I'm new to arma 3 will this laptop run arma 3 as I'm wanting to buy this game but only if the laptop can run it

Thanks

It will run without major issues.

No doubts.

Hi guys. Ive been wanting to play Arma 3 for a long long time after watching countless videos on YouTube. I just want some options on whether I can actually play it with my machine. I believe it passes the minimum recommendations but after doing a lot of homework I realise my machine is probably a little old in the tooth.

So here goes...

AMD PHENOM II X2 555 3.20GHZ x 2

320GB Hard drive

4GB RAM

Windows 7

ATI RADEON HD 5450

So come on guys. Ruin myour day lol. Can i actually play this game? I money is quite tight and I've only got about £100 to spend on any improvements.

Many thanks

hello guys, i have a problem when i lunch the game a error appear " error compiling shader pssprecularalpha" 

please help me.

I'm thinking of taking the plunge on a high(er) end gaming PC. ArmA is pretty much the only game I ever play so would love to get some opinions on the Alienware x51 R3 series. I know ArmA is very finicky with performance so I figured feedback from the community would be really helpful.

The two models I'm looking at are:

1. Intel Core i5 6600k (6mb cache. Overclocking up to 4.3 GHz ). 8GB dual channel DDR4 at 2133 MHz. GTX 970 4GB GDDR5. 2TB (64mb cache) 7200 RPM SATA 6mb/s for $1,449.99.

2. Intel Core i7 6700 (8mb cache. Turbo boost up to 4.0 Ghz ). 8GB dual channel DDR4 at 2133 MHz. GTX 970 4GB GDDR5. 2TB (64mb cache) 7200 RPM SATA 6mb/s for $1,349.99.

Both are available for "free" SSD upgrades though they don't say which SSD they'd use.

Basically, these are a lot of money but I definitely don't mind as long as they are decent rigs that especially can run ArmA 3 very well. Does anyone have any experience or opinions on these?

I'm open to suggestions too! I'd prefer something pre-built not only because I know nothing about PC's and don't have the confidence to build my own but also because I like the idea of having some kind of warranty and someone to call if something goes wrong.

I'm thinking of taking the plunge on a high(er) end gaming PC. ArmA is pretty much the only game I ever play so would love to get some opinions on the Alienware x51 R3 series. I know ArmA is very finicky with performance so I figured feedback from the community would be really helpful.

The two models I'm looking at are:

1. Intel Core i5 6600k (6mb cache. Overclocking up to 4.3 GHz ). 8GB dual channel DDR4 at 2133 MHz. GTX 970 4GB GDDR5. 2TB (64mb cache) 7200 RPM SATA 6mb/s for $1,449.99.

2. Intel Core i7 6700 (8mb cache. Turbo boost up to 4.0 Ghz ). 8GB dual channel DDR4 at 2133 MHz. GTX 970 4GB GDDR5. 2TB (64mb cache) 7200 RPM SATA 6mb/s for $1,349.99.

Both are available for "free" SSD upgrades though they don't say which SSD they'd use.

Basically, these are a lot of money but I definitely don't mind as long as they are decent rigs that especially can run ArmA 3 very well. Does anyone have any experience or opinions on these?

I'm open to suggestions too! I'd prefer something pre-built not only because I know nothing about PC's and don't have the confidence to build my own but also because I like the idea of having some kind of warranty and someone to call if something goes wrong.

After doing some research, it would seem that these rigs really aren't even close to what I can get for the same money building my own. Yikes. Gonna have to pass on the Alienware. I think I'll just pay someone to help me build one. $1,500 is too much money to get a mediocre machine. And too much money to get this wrong.

Hi guys. Ive been wanting to play Arma 3 for a long long time after watching countless videos on YouTube. I just want some options on whether I can actually play it with my machine. I believe it passes the minimum recommendations but after doing a lot of homework I realise my machine is probably a little old in the tooth.

So here goes...

AMD PHENOM II X2 555 3.20GHZ x 2

320GB Hard drive

4GB RAM

Windows 7

ATI RADEON HD 5450

So come on guys. Ruin myour day lol. Can i actually play this game? I money is quite tight and I've only got about £100 to spend on any improvements.

Many thanks

Well pc arrived and as I thought Arma 3 ran like shite.  I was getting about 7 fps in multiplayer and with all the stuttering and freezes it was unplayable.  I do intend to get a better system when I can raise the cash but for now I spent £45 on a GeForce GT 730. Its not perfect but i can get 25 fps in multiplayer and while its hardly perfect i can play it without any freezes or glitches.  Im pleasantly surprised by what this cheap little card can do.  I can't however wait until I can buy a decent pc and run it on high specs. 

@ Dagger80 : I will suggest you to get a Windows 64bits and 8 Go RAM in order to get a better game experience.

Case: Corsair 900D Supertower

CPU: I7-5820K 3.3Ghz, 3.6Ghz (turbo boosted)

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S

GPU: ASUS GTX 980TI STRIX 6GB

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X99 TUF series

HDD: WD Black Caviar 2TB

SSD: Samsung Pro 850 256GB

RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperFuryX 2400Mhz

PSU: Corsair HX1000i

Fan controller: Thermaltake F6 Commander

Fans: 3 x Noctua IP67 NF F-12 120MM fans

3 x Noctua IP67 NF A-14 140MM fans

Considering you already play Arma 3 I'm going to go ahead and assume you're just trying to show off, trying to compensate for something with all those fans? 

• Like 2

The SSD: Samsung Pro 850 256GB seems not on par with the overall config level , I will suggest to use the M2 slot to host a 500 Go SSD in order to get Windows AND the Steam Library hosting Arma3 on the same high perf level disk.