Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

Hello I recently this asus:

Asus K550JK-XO002H

Technical Asus K550JK-XO002H

SCHERMO: Led 15.6†16:9 (HD 1366x768).

CHIPSET: nd.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4710HQ (2.50 GHz / 3.50 GHz, 4 core, 6 MB CACHE L3).

SCHEDA GRAFICA: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M 2 GB DDR3.

HARD DISK: SSD 850 samsung evo 250gb

RAM: 8 GB DDR3L-1600.

Windows 8.1

That is, I put all the parameters of the standard reading various guides I zeroed values ​​etc. and reach barely 28/30 fps .. I saw a video on YouTube where one with the same characteristics by putting everything on ultra reached 40 fps, however, he was mounting a full HD .. I ask advice on settings or if I have to change settings in the panel with nvidia.... It's normal this low fps with my setting?

Sorry for my bed English I'm Italian boy

My question is, which cpu will bring the highest fps in a multiplayer environment that is both script heavy and also modded? People say single threaded processors are the way to go, which by the link below would suggest the I7 4790k.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

I'm not really too smart with all this, but from what I've heard, arma doesn't utilize a lot of threads, so increasing the performance of the ones it does use should help, right?

Hi everyone.

I have a question regarding the CPU upgrade. Currently I have AMD x4 955. I think about buying a FX 4350 as it looks like the best possible option for me without changing mobo. It's also not that expensive.

I was going to go and buy it but then read a few comparison site and it looks like the difference between those 2 is minimal.

But I guess that is in general. Could you please advise me if it will improve the Arma 3 performance for me?

I have 12gb of RAM and Radeon 7870.

Thanks.

Hi all will my computer run arma3?

AMD A8-5500 3.2 ghz quad core

Windows 8.1

Hard drive 1TB

Memory 6 GB

Graphics card AMD Radeon HD 7560D + R5 235

Many thanks y'all

If you want better performance on Arma 3, use Intel.

Single Threading and Core Performance is what you need, and Intel does better in both categories.

Hello,

I'm looking to build a bang for the buck system mainly for Arma 3. I figure I can pickup everything I need for around £600. I already have:

Monitor/keyboard/mouse

96GB SSD

2 Terabyte drive

My research suggests the following should give good performance at 1080p. Is this correct?

INTEL CORE i5 4690K (OC 4.5Ghz X4)

ThermalTake Contac Ultra Silent Cooler

ASUS Z97-P Motherboard

CRUCIAL BALLISTIX Gaming/Performance RAM 8192MB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz

GeForce 970 GTX

I still need a PSU and a case, again looking for the best bang for the buck. Any suggestions? How much power will I need?

I might try and pickup a couple of cheap monitors later, what sort of performance can I expect running 3 x 1080p displays from a 970gtx? I don't mind trading some detail for a wider field of view.

Thanks

Mack

Swap the ram it for 2133 or faster if you can, it helps the engine unlock a good chunk of cpu performance at that sort of clock speed.

The rest looks good although if you're building it specifically to play arma3@1080p then a gtx660 pushes it along just fine, triple monitor would need more grunt though. Probably best to ask on the ocuk forums about the psu, as long as you don't scrimp on it you should be good :)

edit: if you don't mind buying second hand then a 2500k @ 4.5 plays it fine, if anything just as well as any newer Intel cpu.

Can somebody tell me what kind of performance to expect?

Core i7 6700 (3.4ghz)

Gtx 960 2gb

16gb ddr4

Edit: what can I expect in multiplayer? I play mostly tac realism, mcc's and operations (heavily scripted?)

The same as everyone else in the server as that will be limiting fps when push comes to shove, in open ground away from the cities you should be seeing around 50 to 70 I guess, but in a city firefight expect 20 to 30. As it's a non k processor your core speed will be the bottleneck.

The same as everyone else in the server as that will be limiting fps when push comes to shove, in open ground away from the cities you should be seeing around 50 to 70 I guess, but in a city firefight expect 20 to 30. As it's a non k processor your core speed will be the bottleneck.

What graphics settings do you think? 20-30 fps in a city firefight with medium/high graphics would be amazing haha.

What graphics settings do you think? 20-30 fps in a city firefight with medium/high graphics would be amazing haha.

You should be getting that sort of fps on very high or ultra with some tweaking of some settings, specifically reduce view distances to alleviate the cpu bottleneck. The graphics requirements are pretty low so you should be able to max out most things as the cpu will eventually drag it down whilst the gpu waits. Mp performance in busy areas is purely down to server speed and how well the mission is written.

edit: for reference I can run an 80+ Ai firefight free for all in a city using my 2500k@4.5ghz and the minimum fps is around 24, this is on very high settings with a gtx660.

You should be getting that sort of fps on very high or ultra with some tweaking of some settings, specifically reduce view distances to alleviate the cpu bottleneck. The graphics requirements are pretty low so you should be able to max out most things as the cpu will eventually drag it down whilst the gpu waits. Mp performance in busy areas is purely down to server speed and how well the mission is written.

edit: for reference I can run an 80+ Ai firefight free for all in a city using my 2500k@4.5ghz and the minimum fps is around 24, this is on very high settings with a gtx660.

Awesome! Now I'm really pumped, haha, too bad I have to wait another week and a half to pick up the PC. Thanks for the input.

Hi all. I'm in need of some advice on a good gaming laptop fit for traveling as a backpacker. I have been abroad in New Zealand for about 13,5 months, and soon I'm hopping over to Australia. I'm hoping to get a room in an apartment there for a few months so I can save up some money for traveling and a potential few-weeks long trip back home, but at the moment I'm really missing being able to play games like ArmA 3, and I'm also looking forward to XCOM 2 and stuff like Fallout 4. I've got a decent setup at home, but I won't be there for a long when I go for that trip, and after I return to Australia I will most likely be gone for another two years as I plan on spending a year in Australia and then I am most likely hopping over to Papua New Guinea to try and hitchhike home from there. So while I've got a laptop now, it is very limited to what I can do with it (HD4000 with 32 MB doesn't get you very far hehe), and I'm looking to buy an actual gaming laptop from NZ's tax return after I leave. 

I'm willing to spend around a 1000 dollars, though a few hundred more probably shouldn't hurt my wallet too much. The one thing however is that size is an important factor. I think that my current laptop is around 15.6 inches, though I can't find it at the moment and have nothing to measure it with. The laptop can be a little bit bigger I guess, but not by much otherwise it wouldn't fit into my backpack anymore. Similarly weight is an issue as well of course, as I am always hitchhiking and walking a lot with my backpack, which regularly weighs up to 25 kg with my tent, sleeping bag, gas cooker, pots, food, water, spare clothes and the laptop I've got right now, which I think is this one: http://www.snapdeal.com/product/lenovo-g5070-notebook-core-i3/634794471301 

Also, since I'm going to be in Sydney, if anyone knows of a good shop where I might buy a good gaming laptop, any tips for that would be greatly appreciated. I've got a job at the moment that gives me a lot of time to think, and I've got missions for ArmA 3 in my head that I can't wait to try and make it. I've made quite a few before ( https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/154418-sics-missions-sp-co-and-wip-thread), and would love to get creative with it again. Also, I had another idea for a mod that I haven't been able to work on since I left for to go traveling that I would really, really like to couple with the missions I've got in my mind. Unfortunately I don't know much about computer tech, so I hope you guys can come up with something suitable :)

Hi I am hoping for some help regarding my specs.

I'm not interested in maxed out graphics or anything like that(for now) I just want to know if I could run the game and still be able to get the Arma experience. I have comfortably ran Day Z Standalone back in the earlier stages of the game and can run Total War games easily.

If possible to run, would it be worth playing even if it meant setting the graphics to low or will it essentially ruin the experience of Arma?

Thanks in advance!

SPECS:

Processor: Intel® Core i5-4200M CPU @ 2.50GHz

Video Card 1: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M

Dedicated Memory: 2048 MB

Total Memory: 3.9 GB

Video Card 2: Intel® HD Graphics 4600

Dedicated Memory: 0

Total Memory: 1.8 GB

RAM: 8 GB

Screen Resolution: 1600x900

I have a choice between buying 2 different laptops I would like to have as close to 30-60fps on medium graphics or higher, of course.

Is it worth getting laptop 2 over 1? And will either of these get close to the results I want?

Laptop 1

Intel core i5-5200U 2.7Ghz

8GB DDR3L memory

1366x768 screen

Geforce 920m 2 GB

laptop 2

Intel core i7-5500U 3Ghz

8GB DDR3L memory

1920x1080 screen

GeForce 920m 2 GB

Hey guys,

I'm planning to buy a new pc shortly and would be happy if you could tell me, if this is a good configuration.

Especially for Arma 3 - every other game I play cauld be handled easily even by a toaster.

And I know for sure that the other things I do (recording / editing / mastering music, programming, everything for my mathematics studies) can be done with that machine as well.

https://www.mindfactory.de/shopping_cart.php/basket_action/load_basket_extern/id/652df52215993ad5e0cbc2bdadeb2f3bfa83b39b066d827f6ef

link to a german shop with a list of all my components,

Greetings, cephalea

i was wondering could a surface pro 4 entry model with core m processor and 4gb ram run ARMA3 smoothly.

So, while I don't have a question as to wether or not one or both of my pc's will run ArmA 3, I would like to note that I was able to start up arma 3 on the following rig and got a maximum of 30 frames per second.

CPU: Intel i-7 3630K 6 core processor turbo boosted to 3.8GHz

Memory: 16 GB of 1600 MHz DDR3 Ram

MBoard: Asus Sabertooth X79

Sound: Creative Labs SB Audigy SE

GPU: Nvidia Geforce 8600 GTS

And here are the general settings

No post processing (even caustics)

Object, terrain, shadow detail, etc. Set to low (or disabled where applicable)

Resolution set to 1400x900 (due to my monitor)

Rendering resolution set to 83% of screen resolution

It's pretty hit and miss as to whether or not the game actually starts. Sometimes it give me an error about there not being enough resources. Still, I'm entirely impressed that the 8600 GTS can get 30 frames out of this game at all, especially considering it turns 9 years old this coming April. So if anyone was wondering if Arma 3 would run on a 8600 GTS, yes. It will.

i was wondering could a surface pro 4 entry model with core m processor and 4gb ram run ARMA3 smoothly.

Not sure, I can however tell you that it works just fine on the i5 model.

Hi all just after some help please as wanting to play this game but not sure if my PC is capable -

Windows Vista

Intel Quad Core Q6700 @ 2.66ghz

8gb Ram

Nvidia GE Force GTX280

500gb Hard Drive

So would it play it and if not what would i need to replace along with any rough costs?

Thanks in advance, I'm UK based by the way if that helps at all.

I have a i5 3.4 Hz and GTZ 770, i get between 30-60 fps on ultra with view distance at 60%

Hey  coopsswfc 76, i think you can run Arma 3 with low-medium settings. I have an q9550 / GTX 260 / 8gb.RAM / W-7 64bits and, for example, can run "King of the Hill" 25-35 FPS (medium-low).

Overclock Q9550 @2,83 to 3,6Ghz. helps me with 3-4 frames, maybe.

Down a fhoto with a benchmark on test mission OPF mark:

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g377/josueps/Bench_zpsd9c882ff.jpg

Hi will my pc run the game its a bit old now but thought id check before i buy it

Amd phenom iix4 965 processor (4 cpus) 3.4 Ghz

6Gb ram

Amd radeon hd 5700 series

Thanks in advance