Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

I have a gtx 550ti with 8gb of ram and Petium 5 with 3.10GHZ am i able to play the game, if so will i be able to run multiplayer version with 60 fps on high or medium?

I have a gtx 550ti with 8gb of ram and Petium 5 with 3.10GHZ am i able to play the game, if so will i be able to run multiplayer version with 60 fps on high or medium?

Find a computer that can run 60fps in multiplayer unless the mission is very light and you'll be the new Jesus.. So no, not going to happen even with very high end computer unless you're playing small coop with a friend.

I have an Intel i5 4460 @ 3.20

8GB RAM (1600) getting more this week, probably up to 32GB

NIVIDIA GTX 730 2GB

I must be doing something wrong somewhere, as my game settings don't get me anymore than 20FPS,

my in game settings are

Very High for all, and distance view is under 4000M's, same with the objects and the bottom slider I think is 100.

I'd really like to max out terrain and texture, or at least get higher than 20FPS

I have an Intel i5 4460 @ 3.20

8GB RAM (1600) getting more this week, probably up to 32GB

NIVIDIA GTX 730 2GB

I must be doing something wrong somewhere, as my game settings don't get me anymore than 20FPS,

my in game settings are

Very High for all, and distance view is under 4000M's, same with the objects and the bottom slider I think is 100.

I'd really like to max out terrain and texture, or at least get higher than 20FPS

You must be trolling?

Very High and ViewDistance at ~4000Meters with a ridiculous slow 730GTX.. And then you asking where the frames are hidden?

No, sorry, wasn't trolling at all, I noticed that on some steam users pages, they had a similar card, and specs and were getting 30+ FPS, and to be honest, their settings were also mostly on ultra!!

Now that you've highlighted the GPU is pretty shit, it is a perfect excuse to get the 4GB GTX 960 along with another 32GB of RAM tomorrow when I'm down town :D thanks for highlighting my card couldn't run a bath never mind ARMA3  :D 

will my pc run arma 3 ok , so im new to pc gaming and just need to know what people think about my setup ...cpu:intel core i5 4690k cpu cooler :corsair h100i gtx water cooler mobo:msi z97gaming 5 memory:kingston savage 8gb x2 storage :western digital blue caviar 1tb x2 vidcard:msi radeon r9 e90 8gb case:nzxt phantom 530 red psupply:evga supernova nex 750w 80+gold certefied odrive:lg wh14ns40 osystem:mw 8.1 64 bit monitor:lg 24gm77 144hz 24inch keyboard:cooler master octane bundle

For what you need 32Gb Ram? Did you make Video-Editing? 8Gb is enough for Arma. I would not buy so much Ram only for Arma, the disappointment will hit you hard...

• Like 1

So no real need for more RAM? That's cool, I've got my sights set on the VGA MSI GTX960 Gaming 4G here in Thailand, where I live, price is reasonable, and it's in stock in the local PC shop, however, within my budget f I'm not buying more RAM is the VGA GIGABYTE GTX970 OC 4GB.

However I've read that there's not much difference in performance between the 960's and 970's.. I'm no expert, hence why I asked about my specs ealier.

What would you recommend ?

If you can you should stick to the 970. A 960 is very well known as a "half Gtx"

Here you can see some Game Benchmarks, clear to see how much faster the 970 is.

I have 2 GTx 970 in SLI, the performance is great.

gtx-960-benchmark-1vjsqf.jpg gtx-960-benchmark-23asy8.jpg gtx-960-benchmark-63tsph.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks, I'll go with the 970 then, appreciate your input, will be chomping at the bit to get it up and running tomorrow then!! :D

Thanks, I'll go with the 970 then, appreciate your input, will be chomping at the bit to get it up and running tomorrow then!! :D

Got to ask what Power Supply you've currently? Asking because your rig doesn't consume much so you might have bit low Wattage PSU for the GTX 970.

can i run arma 3? and if i can, what FPS at what setting?

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 720

CPU: Intel® Core i5-4460 @3.20GHz

Memory: 12GB RAM (11.93GB Usable)

Got to ask what Power Supply you've currently? Asking because your rig doesn't consume much so you might have bit low Wattage PSU for the GTX 970.

I have no idea mate, wouldn't even know where to locate it, I have a program called CPU-Z will that tell me?

I have an ASUS HM97M-E motherboard

8GB of Kingston 1600 DDR RAM

Can you tell I'm not a computer whizz?

So no real need for more RAM?

Yes. 8GB is fine for gaming, 16GB is top-notch and anything more overkill.

CPU-Z will that tell me?

Nope.

wouldn't even know where to locate it

Open your case and look for the thing where your power cable goes in (pull it out before opening the case) - that's the part commonly called PSU (Power Supply Unit), responsible for converting the 110/230V your wall outlet provides into whatever your computer wants.

On top of that box should be a label, look for the paragraph starting with 'Output' and tell us what written there - or even better, post a picture.

• Like 1

I might actually have the PSU box out in my shed, as the PC was built in the local shop, and they gave me all the boxes :D

it's a PLENTY super black 3

DC output says          +3.5V, +5V, +12V1, +12V2,-12V (that's the numbers along that line)

I never got to the Mall today, but will take my PC with me tomorrow, and they can sort it card wise for me :D

I also believe it's a 550W PSU?

I have a "Enermax Modu82+" with 525W. Its enough powerful for my System from Signature (4690K @ 4,5 Ghz / 970GTX Sli)

You should buy a PSU from a good company like Enermax or "be Quiet" or something like that. Dont buy PSU´s from NoName Companys

Edit: corrected typo

• Like 1

Yes, normally I would, but this was a custom built PC within a budget, the shop did all the building, I take it however that a 550W PSU is sufficient to run a 4GB 970 GPU though?

I also will up the RAM to 16GB, as RAM is cheap, and with the change left from the card, I'm tempted to try out one of these new SSD drives, and shift ARMA3 over to it.

Yeah 550W should be enough when PSU is from a good Company as described. But watch out when put all of Arma to a SSD, copy and paste will not work, you should google it how to do correctly.

• Like 1

Thanks to all for the help, I've now got a nice shiny new GTX970 4GB, but had to get a new PSU, took it to the shop I had it made, they upgraded for me, just waiting for my steam to update, and check it out :D

so now I also have 16GB RAM, but a really slow Internet connection sucks!!

can i run arma 3? and if i can, what FPS at what setting?

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 720

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4460 @3.20GHz

Memory: 12GB RAM (11.93GB Usable)

Hello!

So, I would like to use best settings for my laptop for Arma 3 but I'm not very good at customizing them myself.

GeForce Experience is also not very good, as its optimizing wants to set my cloud options at ULTRA? I mean, even if my laptop was good enough I probably wouldnt run clouds on ultra haha ;)

Anyways, heres my laptop:

Asus ROG G771JW

Processor: Intel i7-4720HQ 2,6GHz quad core with boost to 3,6GHz

RAM: 8GB

GPU: NVidia Geforce GTX 960M (not sure if 2GB or 4GB)

Ultra is obviously not a choice, but how can i setup my options to be the best at a decent frame rate so the gameplay is smooth?

Thanks for you answers

Not sure if Win10 has any big impact on performance, But if your CPU realy can run at 3,6GHz YOu should be OK with High settings.

I have I7 4790K 4x 4-4,5GHz  12GB RAM and GTX560, And i Run on High Settings with Wiev Distance Around 3km, on 40-60FPS.

Your GPU is much younger than mine, but your CPU is Weaker so try to get more load to GPU. Higher Settings will Utilize Your GPU more so the CPU will have lesser load wich is what you need.