Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

Well change that to Nvidia and INTEL combination , really the way to go.

This might be that day :D willing to change to Intel first. If i have enough cash i will replace my ATI card too. But its only 1 year old so would be a waste to replace it now.

what about this:

MSI B85-G43 Gaming

Intel Core i5 4460 Tray

Crucial BX100 250GB

My current GPU is Radeon R9 200

He doesn't need to OC, 3.4 is enough to get 60 fps. At that point it's the gpu that'd let you down.

Going from 3.4 to 4.4 should improve the performance by 8-10fps and every fps is a big thing when the engine bottlenecks the CPU.

Im am trying to figure out what settings i will be able to run ARMA 3 at. I have a AMD FX 8350 (processor) and a GTX 750 TI (gpu)

This might be that day :D willing to change to Intel first.

Intel is much more important for this game.

But its only 1 year old so would be a waste to replace it now.

If it's a R9 of some description, you'd need a high-end i7 to max it's capabilities anyways.

just upgraded from an R7 260x to a gtx 970.... fps increase is only minimal still floating around 40-50fps with tweaking of settings. the main benefits are in the improved filtering capabilities looking crisper etc

So is this spec any good?

MSI B85-G43 Gaming

Intel Core i5 4460 Tray

Crucial BX100 250GB

Radeon R9 270X

It will cost me max 450euros.

So is this spec any good?

Obviously not the best rig possible, but decent for its price and powerful enough to yield a enjoyable performance.

You might consider a i5-4470k and overclocking to get more fps/$ though.

It is a R9 270X to be precise. 2Gig GDDR5.

Do not replace for Arma 3, especially since your budget is quite small.

Obviously not the best rig possible, but decent for its price and powerful enough to yield a enjoyable performance.

You might consider a i5-4470k and overclocking to get more fps/$ though.

Do not replace for Arma 3, especially since your budget is quite small.

Good advice.

If you don't know how to overclock and aren't confident about learning but you have some budget remaining, grab an SSD.

Prices continue to drop:

256GB = €80

500GB = €150

I will stick to my current videocard. But will try the new setting. Dont and cant spend that much unfortunately. Cheers fellas.

Is it smart to use an ssd as c drive and data drive a regular harddisk? I have a pretty big disk of 600gb

[...] grab an SSD.

His proposed rig already contains a SSD, so I didn't mention it.

Is it smart to use an ssd as c drive and data drive a regular harddisk?

That's pretty much conventional wisdom if you don't want / cannot afford a all-SSD setup.

I have a pretty big disk of 600gb

No reason to not use a piece of hardware you already have.

But what about the installation of games etc? Still needs to be on the c? I usually use d: for games and c only for windows and small programs.

Still needs to be on the c?

If you want that game to benefit from your new SSD's superior performance, it obviously needs to live on the SSD.

Feel free to make multiple partitions on your SSD if that's the way how you organize things.

I have a 120gb ssd and a 1tb hdd, I have Windows, arma3 and solidworks on the ssd with steam and all other major programs installed on the hdd. No issues with space on the ssd, got around 50gb free still but I'm not planning on any other major installs on it.

For performance you absolutely want arma3 installed on the ssd, just create a separate steam library if you're concerned about your other steam libraries taking up too much space.

I have a 120gb ssd and a 1tb hdd, I have Windows, arma3 and solidworks on the ssd with steam and all other major programs installed on the hdd. No issues with space on the ssd, got around 50gb free still but I'm not planning on any other major installs on it.

For performance you absolutely want arma3 installed on the ssd, just create a separate steam library if you're concerned about your other steam libraries taking up too much space.

Good advice. I had to run like this with my first SSS (64GB). Things got better with my second (128) and I'm now comfortable with my third (256).

Ahh thanks, this is good information. This will help me :) now on to the waiting and assembling my new budget pc.

I have problems with my FPS in Arma 3. Mostly running with 20 FPS that are to low for good shooting and gameplay.

What is the best Hardware for Arma 3? Which graphics Card is the best? CPU? Is it better working on a SSD? I need some informiations how i can make the performence in Arma better.

I got a i7 4770k, R9 290, 16 GB and MSI Z87.G45 Gaming Motherboard. I want to play atleast with 40 FPS on a full Server. Are there more ways to increase the FPS in Arma?

A minimum of 40 fps on multiplayer is not going to happen on heavily populated servers, at times you'll get a lot more but you have to accept that at times and at certain places on the map the fps is going to dive.

Your system will play arma3 as well as any other, if you haven't overclocked the cpu then do so; 2133+mhz ram also helps to unlock performance.

Run the altis benchmark and see what average fps you get, adjust your settings till you get the quality/performance you desire. This will give a rough indication of what fps to expect in single player, multiplayer fps is still limited by the server so if you're always getting far lower than you would expect then try a different server/mission.

Hi anyone concerned...

I am looking to get a new PC just for ArmA 3...and gaming. I am so out of the Specs scene and have not kept up to date with any of PC component industries for a few years.

Money is a bit of an issue but I can get from a local supplier stuff at cost price. I need a no BS spec list on what will run ArmA 3 covering everythig from running unoptimised Mods to the possible expansion Tanoa FPS drop predictions.

run ArmA 3

What is your definition of running? Barely? 24fps? 40fps?

((Just forget 60+ outright, it's not gonna mix with the 'limited budget' part.))

...and gaming.

Graphics intensive or not?

Money is a bit of an issue [...]

What sort of budget are we looking at? 1000$? Below that? Above it?

Also, since we're talking about a limited budget:

Is overclocking and/or used components a option?

Does anyone have experience with overclocking their sdram with Arma 3, and did you actually get to see any improvements in fps for specifically Arma 3?

One can't simply take a look at the fps counter, so some careful testing would have to be done to see if there was any real apparent performance improvement or not.

Ideally, it would be nice if you were playing Wasteland and could relate to that.

I wouldn't expect fps in games to improve, but it would be nice.

I am thinking of switching from:

2 x 8GB DDR3 1600MHz (10-10-10-27-1T)

to

4 x 8GB DDR3 1600MHz (8-8-8-24-1T) and then overclock that

Not interested in mere opinions, only feedback from anyone having tested a ram upgrade.

Howdy, I need a new PC like soon so if someone knowledgeable on what's the best pc parts to use for ArmA build me a spec list or give me suggestions on what to spend more money on when it comes to ArmA's graphics knowing that some games preform better on certain specifications. I'm on a budget of $1,000 dollars for the build. Thanks ~ Shelton (scshilliday1975)

playing Wasteland

Alot of these Survival/Life servers are awful - make sure it's not the server capping you.