Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

ok i checked, the chart spikes when arma suffers a slowdown so, if i install an SSD hard disk Would be resolved the problem?

Installing arma on an ssd will alleviate that bottleneck and should stop the temporary slow downs; added bonus in that it will load much faster :)

I've got a 120gb ssd that I use for Windows and arma exclusively.

So I have ArmA 2 and Arma 3 and I can run Arma 2 perfectly fine at around 40-50 fps with my settings but Arma 3 I cant get above 25 or so fps no matter what settings I use in game. Can someone please tell me why this is or what component I can upgrade to fix this thank you!

Specs:

Win7

amd a86600k

amd radeon r7 200 series

8gb of ram

So I have ArmA 2 and Arma 3 and I can run Arma 2 perfectly fine at around 40-50 fps with my settings but Arma 3 I cant get above 25 or so fps no matter what settings I use in game. Can someone please tell me why this is or what component I can upgrade to fix this thank you!

Specs:

Win7

amd a86600k

amd radeon r7 200 series

8gb of ram

View distance, object distance & object_texture detail settings matter a great deal.

So, what's your view distance, rez & sample rate?

The r7200 is weak-ish, but Cpu is the main driver of this game. --So what's the vd, od & rez you running?

View distance, object distance & object_texture detail settings matter a great deal.

So, what's your view distance, rez & sample rate?

The r7200 is weak-ish, but Cpu is the main driver of this game. --So what's the vd, od & rez you running?

I play with 3600 vd 1000 od and 1680x1050 rez. I have the settings on ultra because I swear even if I change it to low I get a max of around 20 frames which is the same as ultra. Sample rate is set at 100 and I also have vsync off.

The view distance is causing the cpu to bottleneck the gpu. Drop the view distance to 1000 and see what the fps is, playing around with the graphics settings will now have more of an effect.

Get them set to how you want (recommend starting on high settings as a base line and adjust each to see how it affects performance) and then increase the view distance until fps starts dropping dramatically. Object distance is also cpu limiting so keep that as low as you can - it's a balancing act of hire far you need to be able to see and the level of detail that you need to be able to see it at.

The speed of the cpu will always be the limiting factor and will drag everything down to its level when the simulation is running heavily.

Intel® Core™ i5-4690K this one is a good CPU, though, it comes in a higher price. However, with a decend air cooler you could overclock it even more.

How well with a 4720HQ and 860m with 4gb gddr5 and 16gb of ram

How well with a 4720HQ and 860m with 4gb gddr5 and 16gb of ram

Is that 2.6ghz cpu on a notepad?

If so, it will struggle.

If so, it will struggle.

3.7ghz boost

3.7ghz boost

3.7ghz is in the sweet zone for sure..., least for intels that is;)

Glad i got intel then ;)

If so, it will struggle.

3.7ghz boost
Glad i got intel then ;)

Should point out at this point that the 4720HQ only turbo boosts to 3.6ghz, that only happens with a single core operating, as soon as any other cores are utilised the speed drops off to 3.5ghz for 2 cores active and 3.4ghz for 3-4 cores active. Basically it will run at 3.4ghz when playing arma3.

Should run it pretty well though :)

Should run it pretty well though :)

Asuming the cooling concept is good enough.

It's not overclocked, should be fine :)

It's not overclocked, should be fine :)

It's a notebook. There are ones with good cooling and ones who can't even keep the stock frequency (and anything in between).

It's a notebook. There are ones with good cooling and ones who can't even keep the stock frequency (and anything in between).

when benchmarked it doesnt drop the ghz i should be fine

source: got it today.

Hi, i have low knowledge about pc configs and all others things to increase my fps by changing settings, video cards settings and so on. And want to ask if somone could help and give some pointers becous my arma 3 run so bad its impossible to play :( but friends of mine can play ok , but have less pc than me.

What would be my best settings ingame what i could use, visible range, objects so on.

And what is best start up parametrs , becous thos i just take and coppy from forum but dont kow if its even work for my rig lol.

My Rig:

GPU Geforce GTX 770 lightning

CPU AMD FX(fm)-9370 eith-core processor

Memory 16gb ram(15,90gb usable)

Resolution 1920x1080, 60Hz

Operation system Windows 8.1

I hope somone could help. My avarage fps is 15-20 somtimes 25 from mornings but not for long. Its no playable :(

Hi, i have low knowledge about pc configs and all others things to increase my fps by changing settings, video cards settings and so on. And want to ask if somone could help and give some pointers becous my arma 3 run so bad its impossible to play :( but friends of mine can play ok , but have less pc than me.

What would be my best settings ingame what i could use, visible range, objects so on.

And what is best start up parametrs , becous thos i just take and coppy from forum but dont kow if its even work for my rig lol.

My Rig:

GPU Geforce GTX 770 lightning

CPU AMD FX(fm)-9370 eith-core processor

Memory 16gb ram(15,90gb usable)

Resolution 1920x1080, 60Hz

Operation system Windows 8.1

I hope somone could help. My avarage fps is 15-20 somtimes 25 from mornings but not for long. Its no playable :(

I have an AMD FX-6300, and GTX 960 with all the same specs as you and I can run it pretty well, with 40-50 FPS. I have my view distance (I think...) at about 1800. Make sure your "Overall" isn't too high either, because that will murder your FPS. All the other settings are at standard. I have clouds on low, because quite frankly I don't care about the clouds (and if it gets foggy and you have clouds at high you will get bogged down in performance very quickly). I know plenty of people want to play with the best graphics, but for most AMD users it's going to be a compromise. Which do you want more? Great graphics and crappy gameplay, or just regular graphics with great gameplay? I choose the latter. Hope that helps.

Hi ALL,

New here...

I have the following machine spec that I would like someone who can tell me if it's is OK to run ARMA 3:

Lenovo Ideapad Z500

Win 8.1 (x64)

2.5 Ghz Intel core i5-3210M

64 bit

Multi core (2)

6 Gb RAM

Cheers, neo

Hi ALL,

New here...

I have the following machine spec that I would like someone who can tell me if it's is OK to run ARMA 3:

Lenovo Ideapad Z500

Win 8.1 (x64)

2.5 Ghz Intel core i5-3210M

64 bit

Multi core (2)

6 Gb RAM

Cheers, neo

Intergrated graphics chip & a weak cpu. Minimum specs will start the game.

I don't think it will run at all well.

Opps..

Forgot to mention -

also has a dedicated GeForce GT 635M.

cheers neo

Still, the weak cpu will struggle.

I see the cpu will turbo to 2.9ghz on two cores, so it may be playable on some single-player missions.

The editor will allow you to create small engagements.

Multiplayer may be problematic, but with very low view & object distance settings, not impossible.

Good Luck!

I see the cpu will turbo to 2.9ghz on two cores, [...]

That notebooks' cooling is way to weak to sustain a full turbo and load on the GPU.

((Seriously, though, if you really want Arma 3 on a notebook, go for one advertised as gaming notebook - virtually everything else (except some business devices with Quadro/FirePro chips) won't net you it's full potential for long.))

I'm new to this forum and thinking of getting into PC gaming. Arma has been on my radar for a while now, looks amazing. Does anyone have any thoughts on AMD's new APU( A10 7870k )? Would it be a good fit for this game, or should I get a CPU with more cores, as opposed to one with an integrated graphics chip? I'd love to hear what everyone thinks about this.