Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

so i can run it?

Yep, will need to tweak your setting, but it will most certainly run.

Noticed it turbo boosts to 3.6ghz, better still.

You run any other newer games?

Edited by Ratszo

Yep, will need to tweak your setting, but it will most certainly run.

Noticed it turbo boosts to 3.6ghz, better still.

You run any other newer games?

no i dont run new games but prison architect has quite a high system requirements for what i heared and i can run that smoothly and how do i turbo boost it?

...but prison architect has quite a high system requirements for what i heared and i can run that smoothly...

MINIMUM: 
Processor:Intel Core2 Duo 2.4Ghz or Higher / AMD 3Ghz or Higher 
Memory:4 GB RAM 
Graphics:Nvidia 8600 / Radeon equivalent (2009 era) 
Hard Drive:100 MB HD space

In case anyone was curious. For a "modern" sim/strategy game its fairly mediocre specs.

no i dont run new games but prison architect has quite a high system requirements for what i heared and i can run that smoothly and how do i turbo boost it?

Turbo boost is automatic. It's a power saving feature.

Here's a settings guide for arma:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?164958-ArmA-3-Performance-Tweaks-and-Settings-Guide

thanks man only problem is i dont have windows 7 64 bits.

and also i dont know how to activate all my ram cuz windows sais i only have 2.21 gb available out of 4gb.

EDIT: i managed to install windows 64 bit i now have 3.19 GB RAM available instead of 2.21 out of 4GB

2.21/4 because the SO needs a continuous use of RAM. win7 needs 1GB ram to work. thats why you cant use more than that.

Upgrade your RAM, 4gb is so limited this days.

2.21/4 because the SO needs a continuous use of RAM. win7 needs 1GB ram to work. thats why you cant use more than that.

Upgrade your RAM, 4gb is so limited this days.

Upgrading your RAM would be a start, 8gb is the best for Windows 7.

Upgrading your RAM would be a start, 8gb is the best for Windows 7.

i will upgrade to 12 or 16

the incoming shit o games needs a lot of ram xD

Im am curious as to what is thought about these specs for my computer. Hopeing to play ARMA 3 on a higher setting to enjoy the game.

AMD FX-Series FX-6300 (3.50GHz)

8GB DDR3 1TB HDD

Windows 8.1 64-Bit

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2 GB

Thanks for any help!

Hello guys!

I'm thinking about getting PC with following specs:

i5 4460, 3.20 GHz,

8Gb RAM,

R9 290 4GB.

Will I be able to run multiplayer smoothly?

Thanks for answers!

Hello guys!

I'm thinking about getting PC with following specs:

i5 4460, 3.20 GHz,

8Gb RAM,

R9 290 4GB.

Will I be able to run multiplayer smoothly?

Thanks for answers!

I would not buy a 3.2ghz cpu --more powerful cpu = higher frames.

I would not buy a 3.2ghz cpu --more powerful cpu = higher frames.

thx for answer! and what cpu would you recommend?

Edited by ramazzz

A k series i5 with a decent motherboard to suit so you can overclock it :)

A second generation i5 2500k runs it just fine once overclocked to 4.5ghz .

As Forteh mentioned, K series i5 are 'unlocked', allowing for overclocking.

Look for an i5 in your price range, "Haswell" i5's are powerful cpus ..., think 3.5ghz or better.

Don't worry if the k series i5 you buy is only at 3.2ghz or so, with a good motherboard and psu it will overclock to the 4.2+ ghz that arma runs well at :)

Looking at the i5-4670K --3.4ghz..., turbo to 3.8ghz, unlocked, 'bout $50 dollars more here in Canada.

i5 K for the win

I´ve got an i5 3570K (oc 4.2Ghz)

No heat

No failures

K series are the best you can buy.

:yay:

Edited by HeadPop

New to forums. Just want to know if my PC will run most Arma 3 multiplayer servers on decent, usable settings (around 30 fps) and usable resolutions/graphical settings (as long as its better than a PS3 than I'm good!)

Amd(fx) 4100 Quad Core (3.6 GHZ)

Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

8 GB of Ram

Mainly looking to play some team deathmatches and Dayz/wasteland. Trying to itch a scratch COD never could

If any further info is needed, tell me please!

Thanks

Just want to know if my PC will run most Arma 3 multiplayer servers on decent [...]

Your rig will definitely run Arma3 at PS3 quality, though multiplayer performance is largely dependent on the server.

((As a general MP advice, try servers till you find one you like, and then stick with it.))

New to forums. Just want to know if my PC will run most Arma 3 multiplayer servers on decent, usable settings (around 30 fps) and usable resolutions/graphical settings (as long as its better than a PS3 than I'm good!)

Amd(fx) 4100 Quad Core (3.6 GHZ)

Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

8 GB of Ram

Mainly looking to play some team deathmatches and Dayz/wasteland. Trying to itch a scratch COD never could

If any further info is needed, tell me please!

Thanks

I´ve got the same GPU and works fine in the game.

With 8GB ram, perfect.

and the same for the proccesor.

You should play 60 stable fps. BUT, take a look to the game settings first. max object and terrain view, antialiasing, PiP...

Apart from that. The FPS not only depends in your PC. The GM and the server optimization is very important in this game.

I´ve got the same GPU and works fine in the game.

With 8GB ram, perfect.

and the same for the proccesor.

You should play 60 stable fps. BUT, take a look to the game settings first. max object and terrain view, antialiasing, PiP...

Apart from that. The FPS not only depends in your PC. The GM and the server optimization is very important in this game.

Except 80% of the time, when he/she get 30-40 fps.

No chance? None what so ever? Just because they occur to you on a certain mission doesn't mean that they will apply to everyone elses installation of arma3. By your logic, because I can play arma3 without stuttering then you must be able to.

I would imagine that TrapMacker is not running a heavily modded version of the game, more than likely vanilla as it was a test install on his dads laptop. Instead of posting unhelpful responses as to what could be causing the issue, why don't you offer advice or not bother posting at all?

Disregarding timewarps (non)advice above I would still suspect the hard disk to be the primary cause of the slowdowns.

Run resmon.exe (type it into the run command box) to open the windows resource monitor, click on the disk tab and look at the disk queue length chart. Run arma in window mode so you can see the resource monitor, if the chart spikes when arma suffers a slowdown then it is the disk streaming data, if the chart isn't spinking during the slow downs then you need to look at other sources of the problem.

It could also be to do with the cpu power saving mode, as it is a laptop it may be set to throttle the cpu as much as possible in order to save power. Check the power options in control panel and see if it is throttling cpu.

ok i checked, the chart spikes when arma suffers a slowdown so, if i install an SSD hard disk Would be resolved the problem?

Except 80% of the time, when he/she get 30-40 fps.

IMO the fps drop depends on the server in wich you play.

Not the same playing SP as playing in a 80 slot server.

And depends too in the proccessor. Horrible performance with AMD as everyone says.. :391:

Edited by HeadPop

IMO the fps drop depends on the server in wich you play.

Not the same playing SP as playing in a 80 slot server.

And depends too in the proccessor. Horrible performance with AMD as everyone says.. :391:

I know, i wrote those numbers for singleplayer.