Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

hello, i have a notebook. the notebook is a Aspire V5-573PG. the specs are:

- windows 8.1 64-bit

- Intel Core i5-4200U 1.6 GHz with turbo Boost up to 2.6 GHz (2 core processor)

- 8 GB DDR3 L Memory

- Nvidia Geforce GT 750M with 4 GB Dedicated VRAM

- 1000GB HDD

i play mostly singleplayer.

could my notebook run ArmA 3 fine in singleplayer ?

Of course! I would bet you should run it on medium/high or something closer to it.

Of course! I would bet you should run it on medium/high or something closer to it.

ok thanks and i have to correct one thing: seems like i have a 4 core processor instead of 2 core.

Can i run arma 3 with these Intel Core i5-3470 Quad 3.2GHz

Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 Asus ROG MARS Edition

2x Corsair 4 1600MHz DDR3 RAM

and if so does anyone have an estimate on settings and fps

hello guys i've a question currently i've a sapphire 7870xt i'll notice difference if i'll swap to a msi gtx 760 hawk ?

Sup guys,

I bought ARMA 3 few days ago and i already did a few tweaks, but would like to know if i can get a bit more FPS.

On some servers i have a decent FPS and it didnt lag, but on some i have a FPS drops (i think its server side then?), anyways, posting my settings and hope for some help:

First my Ingame settings:

Texture: ULTRA

Objects: HIGH

Terrain: HIGH

Shadow: ULTRA

Particles: HIGH

Cloud: LOW

Pip: LOW

HDR: LOW

Dynamic Lights: HIGH

V-Sync is off

AA & PP Section is everything off

Now, my Startup settings:

-cpuCount=8 -exThreads=7 -maxMem=4096 -maxVram=2048 -noBenchmark -noLogs -noPause -noSplash -world=empty

I think here i can tweak around a bit to match it with my system specs (following)

And here my Arma3.cfg:

steamLanguage="English";
language="English";
forcedAdapterId=-1;
detectedAdapterId=0;
detectedAdapterVendorId=4318;
detectedAdapterDeviceId=4519;
detectedAdapterSubSysId=282661986;
detectedAdapterRevision=161;
detectedAdapterBenchmark=126;
displayMode=0;
winX=16;
winY=32;
winWidth=1024;
winHeight=768;
winDefWidth=1024;
winDefHeight=768;
fullScreenWidth=1920;
fullScreenHeight=1080;
refresh=60;
renderWidth=1920;
renderHeight=1080;
multiSampleCount=1;
multiSampleQuality=0;
particlesQuality=2;
GPU_MaxFramesAhead=4;
GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=3;
HDRPrecision=8;
vsync=0;
AToC=15;
cloudsQuality=0;
pipQuality=1;
dynamicLightsQuality=2;
PPAA=0;
ppSSAO=0;
ppCaustics=0;
tripleBuffering=0;
ppBloom=0;
ppRotBlur=0;
ppRadialBlur=0;
ppDOF=0;

Alright, thats it, now my system specs:

Windows 7 x64

MSI GT70 0nd Laptop
750GB HDD (No SSD in there *sadface*)
Intel Core i7-3630QM
nVidia GeForce GTX 675MX (2GB GDDR5)
8GB DDR3 RAM

Latest drivers are installed etc.

As i said, game is running fine on some servers, just would like to know if i can tweak it around a bit :)

Windows 7 x64

1TB HDD [160GB FREE]

120GB SSD [25GB FREE]

AMD Phenom II X4 960T - 3.4 GHz

nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti (1GB GDDR5)

8GB DDR3

What would be my optimal settings? Assuming I could even run the game on low, because during the Alpha or Beta or whatever it was, I remember getting terrible performance.

Thanks a lot, any help is appreciated.

I need some advice on a spec for a laptop.

I'm fully conversant on desktop specs and server specs, but don't really have much of a clue on laptop specs as this will be my first ever laptop purchase and i've never really read up on the mobile processors and gpu's

Most stress on the laptop will be arma3 development and mission testing, not really for MP Playing as I have a good desktop for that.

Other uses for the laptop

CCNA Study

3D Modelling (Nothing too major)

Watching tutorial videos

I may also use it to run films on the TV (Maybe)

Nothing else that could be regarded as heavy

So I need to spec for decent graphics card \ cpu \ ram that I can run to test-develop up to a 50 player MP coop mission

I'm looking at buying a Dell, Lenova or Sony Vaio

What I don't know is

Minimum & Optimal for the following

1) CPU & Generation & Clockspeed

2) GPU

3) any I5 / I7 arguments, pro's, cons

4) any 15" / 17" screensize arguments

I have a budget of around £450, which I know wont buy me a new monster laptop, so I will be looking at buying a graded or used condition laptop on ebay

So I would appreciate any feedback on anyone who runs a laptop for their gaming that could suggest Minimum and optimal spec for CPU / GPU /RAM

Edited by Terox

Hey guys. I need a hand working out what my fps will be in arma 3 with 2 different cpus.

Here is the setup of the rig "currently"

Amd phenom ii x4 945 95w 3ghz

evga GTX 650 ti boost sc

4gb RAM

win 7 64bit

running off an external drive

Now this is the setup if i got the new cpu, its exactly the same exept cpu

AMD fx-8320

evga GTX 650 ti boost sc

4gb ram

win 7 64 bit

running off an external hdd

does anyone know the approx fps change? i usualy get a miniscule 20 fps in single and a 10 in multi with the first setup.

As you could guess from the topic, I'm trying to build my first PC and I would appreciate some help. I would like to be able to run ARMA 3 & 2 High settings with a budget around 600-650$. I have parts picked out already but i want to see if they will be able to do what I hope or know if I'm making a mistake. Here the the PC's Specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 760K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 45.0 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" SSD + Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270 2GB Dual-X Video Card

Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case

Power supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

The total cost of this build is 584$. I also want to keep it as low as possible but I also want to be able to play on good graphics. Thanks in advance!

There is no PC on earth which could run Arma CONSTANTLY with 50-60 fps. With my System from my Sinature i have mostly 20-30fps maximum. Maybe the devs should make a first step and start to optimize this Engine but i wouldnt bet on it they start it ever. They keep their one way lane in last weeks, mostly they reactivate old bugs which are solved since months.

The system which you have write in your Posting should be enough for usual Arma Frames (5-35fps, it always depends what you are playing atm)

Greets

With my System from my Sinature i have mostly 20-30fps maximum.

Are you using really long draw distances and object distances or something?

I'm running a TITAN so similar-ish to 770 or 2 and get a happy 40. I've never noticed any slowdown when looking at explosions etc or zooming into heavily dense areas etc.

Thats why i write there that such things "depends on the mission/whatever you playing"

And that Arma has some minor problems with performance is very well known in the world wide web^^ (WorldRecord Arma3 "most complains due sh*t performance" ever in Gaming History)

Are your 40 frames recorded that we could have a look on the graphs/min-Maxframes or is that a personal feeling from you that it runs "constantly" with 40 fps?

Id call it a personal feeling, I wont say it runs 40 permanently you and I know it doesn't work like that however when playing arma 2 I could always notice the slowdown in very obvious and annoying situations. Arma 3 is much better optimized in fact i believe it is well optimized. With the relevant hardware its a pretty damn consistent framerate really.

I'm sure I could obsess and pick out a moment where its dropped but what im getting at is that I have no need to, because its been smooth when played. Again Arma 2 on the other-hand was terrible very poorly optimized.

Well, a personal feeling doesnt matter here. Your "feeling 40fps" are in real not more than 25 maybe 30. The eyes will always try to fool a human. You talking about 40 fps without measuring it. Ridiculous.

@ z0mbiekilla98 : my first attempt in order to build a budget PC is based upon "i3-4130/HD 7770/8 Go/SSD 250Go".

The CPU is allowing a nice 2500 Visibility @ 30 FPS [infact in-game from 20 to 60 FPS], this GPU is allowing "High" settings.

So I have make a 2nd attempt using the same "i3-4130" and a "GTX 750", the Gainward non-OCed one model.

I am getting 45 FPS on Arma3Mark benchmark. I am playing now with Visibility = 2500/3000m on "Very High" over 30 FPS in SP and MP as well.

I must add that here also I am playing in the 20 to 60 FPS range, it depends on many factors, low FPS in MP in Pyrgos ruins with 100 AI fighting around [with tweaked view distance, grid and cleanup], high FPS as lone reco on Agios Panagiotis [with usual mission settings].

I have now throw all the stuff -"i3-4130/GTX 750/8 Go/SSD 250Go/HD 1To" in a Lian-Li T100 small case in order to get a "movable" PC.

I am quite satisfied with the results in SP and MP as well even if the rig is a bit noisy while playing Arma3.

If I had enough money, I will try to built a minimal rig based upon the "Intel Pentium G3258".

The though went after I had read the Pentium G3258 CPU Review from Tom's Hardware.

So back to your own build project, I will suggest to put aside the "AMD Athlon X4 760K" ... and the related mother-board, for this CPU is not well fitted to Arma* games needs, from what I know, any Haswell desktop i3 starting from the i3-4130 will get better in-game perfs.

Hello everybody,

I have the choice between :

- i5-4460 , 3,2 GHz quad core

-Geforce GTX 660 (2048 Mo)

-8 Go DDR3

-1To

and

- AMD FX6300, 3,5 GHz 6 cores

- AMD R9270X (2048 Mo)

- 8Go DDR3

- 1 To

From what I have managed to find the first one is more adapted to arma3, but it is also cheaper (??)

Do you have any advice for me, is it still better to get the first one or am I missing something ?

Win 7 Home Premium (64bit)

i5 650 3.2ghz (4CPUs)

12gb RAM

GTX 260

I am looking to upgrade GPU with a budget of around $300

If anyone can look at this page for me & make a suggestion i would be very grateful. They all look the same to me & some sites say my GTX 260 is better than some GTX750s?

http://www.umart.com.au/umart1/pro/Products_list.phtml?id=10&bid=5&id2=247

Thanks In Advance.

U need this from the posted website or are other sites allowed?

Without furthering information i would suggest you to save a bit more of money (not much, maybe 100-150) and buy a GFX which will be worth it. In my opinion you will be disappointed when upgrading from a 260GTX to a 750.

Dont get me wrong, there would be a difference. But not such big how expected for 300$.

And dont spend the cash only if you are hoping to get better Frames in Arma, this wont work

for $300 you can get a GTX 770.

In the website which he posted sadly not.... Hardware costs more in some countries. In Europe prices are mostly best (cheapest)

19xeyc.jpg

In the website which he posted sadly not.... Hardware costs more in some countries. In Europe prices are mostly best (cheapest)

http://abload.de/thumb2/19xeyc.jpg

Uh... its still cheap, according to that screenshot EVGA GTX 770 ACX is $405... thats like 280 euros, its more than $300 but its cheaper than in europe.

Imo save a bit more money and get a 770 or r9 280x, 750 isnt really worth it.

Edited by nocturna

Id call it a personal feeling, I wont say it runs 40 permanently you and I know it doesn't work like that however when playing arma 2 I could always notice the slowdown in very obvious and annoying situations. Arma 3 is much better optimized in fact i believe it is well optimized. With the relevant hardware its a pretty damn consistent framerate really.

I'm sure I could obsess and pick out a moment where its dropped but what im getting at is that I have no need to, because its been smooth when played. Again Arma 2 on the other-hand was terrible very poorly optimized.

I wouldn't argue the FPS is consistent when its 40 fps in the woods all alone and nothing to shoot at compared to max 20 fps in a town with a few targets (the use-case, why people buy games like Arma as opposed to paint and watch it dry).

Draw distance matters very little to my FPS, as long as I dont use some ridiculous ones like 12k view and 4k object distance (5 fps drop).

Difference between 1k metres view + object (the lowest) versus 3k view and 1.5k object (infantry standard) is something like 1-2 fps.

Rest of the settings might as well not be there, does F all for FPS.

Hi

I was recently considering buying a new laptop. Until now I played Arma 3 on my 15,9" Dell XPS, which went well but on minimal settings.

When I was checking the available options, I came across Lenovo Y50-70, which seemed like a pretty decent setup hardware designated for gaming purposes. Now, I'm not looking into stationary PCs, since I'm moving a lot for work and studies.

Does anyone have any experience yet with Y50-70? Do you know how well it would run the game ( graphic- or performance- wise on charger)? Is there something else you would recommend, in the similar price range ( 1000 euro-ish).