Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

320 sencond hand and refurbished i have checked it and it all seems to be working fine, would that play the game straight away before i upgrade it which i will soon

320 sencond hand and refurbished i have checked it and it all seems to be working fine, would that play the game straight away before i upgrade it which i will soon

It costs £320? I was expecting double new. Since ARMA is CPU-dependent you’ll probably be able to run the game smoothly on high or very high settings right away and then it’s all about how much you want to spend on a graphics card after that, if anything. An AMD card that matches the 770 (third most powerful card around) costs about £400 but I don’t know much about AMD cards and can’t say what an AMD card matching the NVidia 600-series would cost.

But I really don’t know if you will experience any bottlenecking. Maybe you’ll do great even without buying anything extra even. However some graphics card intensive games will likely do worse.

Anyways difficult to tell exactly how it will run because I don’t know how CPU-dependent ARMA really is but for £320 it would be a steal as long as it isn’t broken etc.

And the graphics card nearly matches the one I'm currently using.

Edit: A really quick check says the graphics card shouldn't hinder the CPU too much so it should run nicely.

Edited by Sneakson

$320?? I would double check to make sure all is fine and then buy it...thats dirt cheap for what you are getting.

$320?? I would double check to make sure all is fine and then buy it...thats dirt cheap for what you are getting.

Sorry i'm talking in £££'s so £320

Please tell me which of these systems are the better option

the pc was custom built by cyberpower systems (one of the best) pc still has 2 months warranty left, I paid just over 1000 pounds just for unit since then have upgraded graphics card and added water cooling to the cpu Also includes logitech 7.1 wireless gaming headphones (keeps the missus happy) also logitech g9x laser gaming mouse, also steelseris merc gaming keyboard, every driver disc including wins 8 disk, has a asus p8z77-m motherboard intel core i5 3570 cpu, 8 gig of kingston 1333mhz ram, 3 hard drives (yes 3 ) 2x1tb hitachi sata 3 32mb 6gbs running in raid 1 array also 500gb backup drive (pulls out of front on caddy), 700watt power supply, wireless 300mps card, 24x sony dvd rewriter, watercooled cpu block with rad maintenace free, wireless xbox controller. £350

Or

Chassis/Case is an Aerocool Strike X, this boasts an impressive 3 bay hot swap, water cooling support, 1x 20" red LED lit case fan, 1x 12" red LED lit hard drive/PSU bay fan.

Motherboard:

ASRock G41M-LE, FSB 333, Dual Channel DDR2 1066, Fully Overclockable

4 x SATAII onboard slots.

Graphics Card:

Radeon HD 5450 - 1 GB DDR3 - PCI Express 2.1 (VX5450 1GBK3-HV4) + 1.4 HDMI male + Female HDMI Adapter + Female VGA\\Specs:

Specs:

Core 2 Quad Q6600, (one of the most sought after processors by over clockers due to it's high over clocking abilities and it's stability

2.4GHz, 2 GB DDR2 RAM, (max 8GB)

250 GB Hard Drive

Scythe, "Samurai" LGA775 custom cooler.

The hot swap bay is capable of accommodating 3x 3.25" Sata/SataII hard drives.

Also 2.5" Sata capable due to unique tray design.

3 Position case lid for setting cooling angle of 20" fan, also for ease of access.

It has 3x 5.25" bays, (currently have CD\DVD-RW-DL installed in one).

The aerocool case has a wide range of accessories available for this particular case, including touch screen fan controller

This is an absolutely gorgeous machine, Dual booting OS X Lion and Windows 7 64 bit.

Very powerful and very fast. £350

Thanks guys

the pc was custom built by cyberpower systems (one of the best) pc still has 2 months warranty left, I paid just over 1000 pounds just for unit since then have upgraded graphics card and added water cooling to the cpu Also includes logitech 7.1 wireless gaming headphones (keeps the missus happy) also logitech g9x laser gaming mouse, also steelseris merc gaming keyboard, every driver disc including wins 8 disk, has a asus p8z77-m motherboard intel core i5 3570 cpu, 8 gig of kingston 1333mhz ram, 3 hard drives (yes 3 ) 2x1tb hitachi sata 3 32mb 6gbs running in raid 1 array also 500gb backup drive (pulls out of front on caddy), 700watt power supply, wireless 300mps card, 24x sony dvd rewriter, watercooled cpu block with rad maintenace free, wireless xbox controller. £350

something is wrong here mate, the 3570 is over $200 alone and he selling the whole rig for 350 qwid, ontop of the fact that im not a fan of cyberpower as there PSU's dont have the best rep plus what video card?

Or

Chassis/Case is an Aerocool Strike X, this boasts an impressive 3 bay hot swap, water cooling support, 1x 20" red LED lit case fan, 1x 12" red LED lit hard drive/PSU bay fan.

Motherboard:

Graphics Card:

Radeon HD 5450 - 1 GB DDR3 - PCI Express 2.1 (VX5450 1GBK3-HV4) + 1.4 HDMI male + Female HDMI Adapter + Female VGA\\Specs:

Specs:

Core 2 Quad Q6600, (one of the most sought after processors by over clockers due to it's high over clocking abilities and it's stability

250 GB Hard Drive

3 Position case lid for setting cooling angle of 20" fan, also for ease of access.

The aerocool case has a wide range of accessories available for this particular case, including touch screen fan controller

This is an absolutely gorgeous machine, Dual booting OS X Lion and Windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks guys

5450....a little weak plus how versed are u in overclocking? its not for the faint of heart :) your second choice seems to fit the price range for it age but i would still suggest something newer, are you trying to sty around 400 qwid?

---------- Post added at 23:03 ---------- Previous post was at 22:20 ----------

@geordiegaz ,I did a quick spec at ebuyer in the UK and this is about as good as its going to get for 400 qwid, some one might spec you an intel rig but you will most likely be limited to the I3 series due to cost constraints.

Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 Socket AM3+ 7.1 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard 50 qwid

AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz Socket AM3+ 14MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor 95 qwid

Antec 520W High Current Gamer PSU 56 qwid

Corsair 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Memory 25 qwid

PowerColor HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Graphics Card 75 qwid

Seagate 500GB Barracuda Internal Hard Drive 40 qwid

Lg Internal 24x Bulk Dvdrw 13 qwid

Casecom CB-171 Mid ATX Tower Case 13 qwid

is there a max amount you wish to spend?

Or

Motherboard:

Graphics Card:

Specs:

250 GB Hard Drive

Thanks guys

The Cyberpower one could be great depending on what graphics card it uses. Not a very elegant build but the CPU is great, about £160 new today and it comes with everything you could need except for an SSD disk.

Second one is weak.

And naturally I don’t know where you’re seeing these ads so stay safe and pay through eBay, PayPal or something… I wouldn’t just transfer more than £100 randomly with all the scammers you read about nowadays.

Thanls for ur reply guys, yeah i'm looking around ebay and such and only looking at sellers with strong positive feedback or ebay stores, trying to stay around the £400 mark for now then plan to upgrade parts bit by bit over time,

Seen this 1 too, any good?

Processor: AMD FX4100 3.6ghz

Motherboard: ASRock N68-VS3 FX

Ram: Kingston Hyper X 8gb DDR3

Hard Drive 1: 160GB Western Digital 7200rpm

Hard Drive 2: 160GB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon AX-6670 2GB

DVD/RW optical drive

DVD optical drive

Power Supply: Antec VP450P 450w

---------- Post added at 07:51 ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 ----------

Gaming PC

MSI 760GM-P23 FX http://uk.msi.com/product/mb/760GM-P23--FX-.html

Socket AM3 Athlon II x4 630 4 x 2800Mhz http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K10/AMD-Athlon%20II%20X4%20630%20-%20ADX630WFK42GI%20(ADX630WFGIBOX).html

4GB Kingston HyperX 1333mhz (2 x 2 GB KIT) httpwww.comx-computers.co.zaKHX1333C7D3K2-4GX-Kingston-KHX1333C7D3K2-4GX-4GB-1333MHz-Buy-p-44855.php

NVIDIA eVGA GTX280 http://www.evga.com/articles/414.asp

Zalman Z7 Case http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zalman-Z7-Mid-Tower-Computer-Chassis/dp/B003BODWY8

160GB SATA HDD (boot)

320GB 2.5 SATA HDD (for Storage)

Windows 7 Ultimae 64bit will be installed along with up to date drivers

The pc will come with a motherboard manual and driver/utilities cd

the buyer is welcome to collect from the weymouth dorset area

Paypal and UK only please

---------- Post added at 08:04 ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 ----------

This next 1 costs £450 plus £30 postage, could possibly strectch to that if it gets me playing arma3 straight away?

I have decided to sell my newly built PC as space is becoming a issue so im going to get a laptop.

Specs:

AMD 970 Chipset motherboard, usb 3

AMD FX-6 6300 processor running at 4ghz.

Sapphire Radeon 7770 Vapor-X 1GB gaphics cards running overclocked too 1200mhz

Scandisk 64GB Ultra plus SSD. running OS

8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport RAM running at 1600MHZ

500GB HDD for media.

300MB wireless card

Novatech gaming case

21" AOC TFT screen

Logitec wireless keyboard and mouse

Currently running windows 7 ultimate I will leave it on, there is no disk included though

CD/DVD rewiter

750 Watt gaming PSU

I will throw in my Windows Xbox controller, Tomb Raider, FIFA 13 and Need For Speed Most wanted(new one)

Hello all. I'm VERY interested in getting Arma 3 but i'm still reluctant in doing it due to my machine's age (mostly the CPU).

Since the game seems to be more power-hungry in its online component (and that's what i'm interested about: Wasteland mod!) i need to know how my machine will behave.

My system specs are:

CPU: i7 920 @3.4ghz

GPU: Gtx 570 Twin Frozr 3 OC Edition

Ram: 12 gigs

Resolution: 1920*1080

Thank you so much for your time and happy gaming!

Hello all. I'm VERY interested in getting Arma 3 but i'm still reluctant in doing it due to my machine's age (mostly the CPU).

Since the game seems to be more power-hungry in its online component (and that's what i'm interested about: Wasteland mod!) i need to know how my machine will behave.

My system specs are:

You should be fine!

This next 1 costs £450 plus £30 postage, could possibly strectch to that if it gets me playing arma3 straight away?

I have decided to sell my newly built PC as space is becoming a issue so im going to get a laptop.

Specs:

500GB HDD for media.

300MB wireless card

Novatech gaming case

21" AOC TFT screen

Currently running windows 7 ultimate I will leave it on, there is no disk included though

CD/DVD rewiter

750 Watt gaming PSU

I will throw in my Windows Xbox controller, Tomb Raider, FIFA 13 and Need For Speed Most wanted(new one)

did you see the specs i provided? 2 things you need tobe careful of is A. the OS does it have a valid key? and B. what kind of PSU? a cheap PSU is a good way to fry your entire rig.

---------- Post added at 13:53 ---------- Previous post was at 13:52 ----------

My system specs are:

as stated , your fine start playing :)

did you see the specs i provided? 2 things you need tobe careful of is A. the OS does it have a valid key? and B. what kind of PSU? a cheap PSU is a good way to fry your entire rig.

---------- Post added at 13:53 ---------- Previous post was at 13:52 ----------

as stated , your fine start playing :)

thanks for the reply. But i was looking for more detailed info, maybe from someone with similar specs, as how they run the game. Medium---low maybe high.

Thanks once again for the fast and helpful reply.

***** FREE HUGE 2GB Graphics Card Upgrade! *****

AMD Bulldozer FX 4130 Quad Core Processor / CPU running at 4.0Ghz

16GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM

AMD / ATi HD 6450 Graphics Card With 2GB Dedicated DDR3 Graphics Memory

1TB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive

CD / DVD-RW Optical Disc Drive

MSI 760GM-P21-(FX) uATX Motherboard (Full specifications of this board can be found here)

500W Quiet Power Supply featuring large 120mm fan

High Quality Vantage BLUE Desktop PC Gaming Case

Fast Ethernet 10 / 100 LAN Port

6 X High Speed USB 2.0 Ports on Back PLUS Additional 2 Ports On Top of Case

8 Channel HD Audio

4 X SATA II 3GB/s Ports

1 X PCI Express X16 Slot

1 X PCI Express X1 Slot

1 X PCI Slot

2 X PS/2 Port (For Keyboard / Mouse)

1 X VGA Port

1 X DVI Port

1 x HDMI Port (With Audio)

Dual Monitor Support

Includes UK Mains Power Cable

Includes All Relevant Driver Discs & Manuals

Are those specs any good can buy it now but dunno if it will play cost is £400 but will need to buy an os too, the system is brand new

Yeahh , the game will run quite well at medium settings I guess. If you disable AA and PP then I see a big chance of running good.

Put Object detail to Standard for better frames.

Yeahh , the game will run quite well at medium settings I guess. If you disable AA and PP then I see a big chance of running good.

Put Object detail to Standard for better frames.

Was that to me?

My system specs are:

You'll do nice. About high settings straight away.

Yes :)

Was that to me? This next 1 costs £450 plus £30 postage, could possibly strectch to that if it gets me playing arma3 straight away?

Specs:

500GB HDD for media.

300MB wireless card

Novatech gaming case

21" AOC TFT screen

CD/DVD rewiter

750 Watt gaming PSU

Humm, I think I lost some text here but the third out of the last 4 you've posted looked the best, geordiegaz. (£480 shipped)

Anyways are you in a hurry or something? The more patient you are the more likely you're to run into something really nice.

Basically what you want is:

Nice CPU

Decent GPU

4GB 1333 MHz RAM or better yet 8GB 1600 MHz

64GB or bigger SSD is a big bonus

500GB+ HDD (You can do with a lot less but more is better)

Motherboard and PSU doesn’t matter too much as long as the computer works

And then there’s Windows, DVD… mouse, keyboard are nice bonuses.

What do you own already? What size is your monitor?

Compared to 1920x1080:

1920x1200: 90% performance

1680x1050: 133% performance

So screen size matters.

TN = worse image, IPS = better image. 60 Hz = normal, 120 Hz = super smooth.

The things above are not too difficult to look after.

What’s tricky is CPU and GPU, use these easy-as-possible sites:

http://cpuboss.com/

http://gpuboss.com/

Compare to my specs:

CPU: Q9550

GPU: 560 Ti

That’ll run medium-high settings at 60 fps.

And compare to some of the best affordable things the market has to offer today:

CPU: 4670k or 4770k

GPU: 770 or Titan

CPU is more important than GPU in ARMA. I’m not sure exactly what the balance should be but you probably won’t need more than a 7-something rated GPU according to that site. An 8-something CPU would be great I guess.

By the way a 2GB GPU is a lot better than 1GB too. If a card is called GTX 770 2GB or something such the graphics card has 2GB memory itself and more memory helps when playing higher resolutions and 2GB has full HD covered.

By the way I noticed my current graphics card only has 1GB memory so that should work too.

Anyways try to see if you can find something where both parts are better than 7.7.

If you buy new parts for £550 you can get a computer with about 7.7 CPU, GPU, 8GB RAM, 1TB (1000GB) HDD and a motherboard and power supply to hold it all together. So really I guess it’s something like that you should be looking for but preferably with an SSD and some bonuses too. I still don’t know if you should be looking for something even better though. Used parts are used after all then again not being able to build a computer yourself means you’re going to have to settle somewhere.

So anyways, try using those sites and compare to see if you can see a CPU 8.0 or higher and GPU around 7.0 as well as the other things.

You'll do nice. About high settings straight away.

Thank you so much! ^_^

Hi Guys. I'm thinking of buying Arma III but would like to find out if I will get satisfactory FPS first. I am aiming for 60+ FPS (this is what I find smooth), I'm using a 120hz screen so I will be playing with vsync off (tearing is not an issue as I don't think I'll be getting over 120fps). If you could chime in with the fps I can expect on mid-high settings that would be great. I don't need to run everything maxed out/ultra, just mid-high would be fine.

i7 3770k OC'd to 4.2ghz @ 1.08v

MSI GTX 560ti 448core OC edition 1.28GB (close to a stock 570gtx)

8GB DDR3 Kingston Hyper X 1333mhz

Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

120hz Iiyama 1920x1080

I can install on either my SSD (sandisk extreme, pretty decent ssd) or my mechanical 1TB Samsung 7200rpm. Depending if I will get much benefit in fps from the ssd. I know load times are the main benefit, but some games do actually keep a more consistent fps when installed on SSD.

As I say I'm aiming 60+ FPS in most if not all situations.

Regards.

Hi Guys. I'm thinking of buying Arma III but would like to find out if I will get satisfactory FPS first. I am aiming for 60+ FPS (this is what I find smooth), I'm using a 120hz screen so I will be playing with vsync off (tearing is not an issue as I don't think I'll be getting over 120fps). If you could chime in with the fps I can expect on mid-high settings that would be great. I don't need to run everything maxed out/ultra, just mid-high would be fine.

i7 3770k OC'd to 4.2ghz @ 1.08v

MSI GTX 560ti 448core OC edition 1.28GB (close to a stock 570gtx)

8GB DDR3 Kingston Hyper X 1333mhz

Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

120hz Iiyama 1920x1080

I can install on either my SSD (sandisk extreme, pretty decent ssd) or my mechanical 1TB Samsung 7200rpm. Depending if I will get much benefit in fps from the ssd. I know load times are the main benefit, but some games do actually keep a more consistent fps when installed on SSD.

As I say I'm aiming 60+ FPS in most if not all situations.

Regards.

No reason to be shy with a 3770k. It will max out everything except for visibility.

The 560 Ti is average though. I would love to hear if you experience any bottlenecking.

Apparently MSI Afterburner can display graphics usage and if it’s nearly full then it’s upgrade time.

Hi, new poster here. I just ordered this:

i5-4670k with a H100i

GTX 760

ASUS Z87-A

8GB RAM 1600mhz

120GB SSD Intel 520 series.

Corsair PRO series 750w PSU Gold certified.

I'm hoping to play smoothly in 1080, if they continue tweaking post release i'll be hoping to ultra it with decent distance settings!

Samsung 840 Evo will be replacing Samsung 840 as the ideal consumer SSD next month apparently.

Hi, new poster here. I just ordered this:

i5-4670k with a H100i

GTX 760

ASUS Z87-A

8GB RAM 1600mhz

120GB SSD Intel 520 series.

Corsair PRO series 750w PSU Gold certified.

I'm hoping to play smoothly in 1080, if they continue tweaking post release i'll be hoping to ultra it with decent distance settings!

Should run smoothly indeed.

intel core i5 2320 cpu @ 3.00 ghz

gefore 530

6g ram

motherboard no idea

Are my current specs, and i really would like to upgrade to be able to play on max settings and stream. Would it be worth replacing parts if so please link what you would recommend, or would it be worth to just buy a new PC.