Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

i'm not good at tweaking arma, but if you eventually switch over: An i5-4670k does the trick. I just bought it and it runs really really well on a mix of high/ultra settings.

Be sure to pick the right motherboard, with a good one you can clock that i5 over to 4.5 ghz ( i haven't even done that yet)

what is your fps ?

is my cpu- Number of cores 4 (max 4)

Number of threads 4 (max 4)

Name AMD A8-5500

Codename Trinity

Specification AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics

Package Socket FM2 (904)

CPUID F.0.1

Extended CPUID 15.10

Core Stepping TN-A1

Technology 32 nm

TDP Limit 65 Watts

Core Speed 3493.3 MHz

Multiplier x Bus Speed 35.0 x 99.8 MHz

Stock frequency 3200 MHz

Instructions sets MMX (+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, SSE4A, x86-64, AMD-V, AES, AVX, XOP, FMA3, FMA4

L1 Data cache 4 x 16 KBytes, 4-way set associative, 64-byte line size

L1 Instruction cache 2 x 64 KBytes, 2-way set associative, 64-byte line size

L2 cache 2 x 2048 KBytes, 16-way set associative, 64-byte line size

FID/VID Control yes

Bottlenecking my GPU?-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Revision A2

Codename GK104

Technology 28 nm

Memory size 2 GB

PCI device bus 1 (0x1), device 0 (0x0), function 0 (0x0)

Vendor ID 0x10DE (0x10DE)

Model ID 0x1183 (0x1000)

Performance Level 0

sorry if the info is not whats required I don't really consider myself a tech savy guy

Hi.Ä°m Buying myself a new pc. And i want to know that can i play arma 3 at ultra settings?.Here's the system on my mind;

ASUS GTX660 Ti DirectCU II GDDR5 2GB 192Bit Nvidia GeForce DX11 Graphic Card

GIGABYTE Z77X-D3H Intel Z77 Soket 1155 DDR3 2400MHz SATA 3.0 USB 3.0 DVI&HDMI Motherboard

Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4 GHz 6MB 1155p HD4000 VGA

CORSAIR 8GB Vengeance LowProfile DDR3 1600MHz CL10 Siyah SoÄŸutuculu Ram

Thanks for the help...

What's does it cost?

Solid parts anyways and you should be able to run it on some mix of very high settings smoothly and probably Ultra maybe depending on what visibility range you want. Maybe even run default Ultra.

Not the newest components but they should work well for ARMA3. ARMA wants a strong processor and less strong graphics card and that’s pretty much what you’ve got right there.

ok so i have been having horrible fps issues with my system and i have a amd fx 8120 and a 7970. and im getting horrible fps with no matter what start up options i use or settings i change in game. as i can can run on low to ultra and see almost no difference in the fps. and i was going to see if any body could help out with this before i switch from being a amd guy over to a i7 4th gen k cpu and new motherboard

I'm no AMD guy, but in a quick comparison it seems what you've already got should be stronger than what I've got by some 10-20% and I'm running in on a standard-high mix in about 50 fps.

If you're having issues then reinstall the game, update your drivers, make sure everything is plugged in okay, clean your computer or reinstall your OS.

Unless there's some obvious AMD issue I'm missing I'd say something is wrong becuase your gear doesn't look so crappy.

How do other games work? Maybe some component is broken.

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:32 ----------

is my cpu- Number of cores 4 (max 4)

Number of threads 4 (max 4)

Name AMD A8-5500

Codename Trinity

Specification AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics

Package Socket FM2 (904)

CPUID F.0.1

Extended CPUID 15.10

Core Stepping TN-A1

Technology 32 nm

TDP Limit 65 Watts

Core Speed 3493.3 MHz

Multiplier x Bus Speed 35.0 x 99.8 MHz

Stock frequency 3200 MHz

Instructions sets MMX (+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, SSE4A, x86-64, AMD-V, AES, AVX, XOP, FMA3, FMA4

L1 Data cache 4 x 16 KBytes, 4-way set associative, 64-byte line size

L1 Instruction cache 2 x 64 KBytes, 2-way set associative, 64-byte line size

L2 cache 2 x 2048 KBytes, 16-way set associative, 64-byte line size

FID/VID Control yes

Bottlenecking my GPU?-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Revision A2

Codename GK104

Technology 28 nm

Memory size 2 GB

PCI device bus 1 (0x1), device 0 (0x0), function 0 (0x0)

Vendor ID 0x10DE (0x10DE)

Model ID 0x1183 (0x1000)

Performance Level 0

sorry if the info is not whats required I don't really consider myself a tech savy guy

Yes, that CPU is apparently quite weak... doesn't look terrible but some guys say it is and I can't argue otherwise. Like really weak probably.

Seems you should get at least a somewhat stronger CPU but then again ARMA is CPU-heavy and there's no reason to make a small upgrade so I would recommend making a big one to i5 4670K which is only like $275 and no GPU in the world will bottleneck you.

You're probably going to need a new socket motherboard too but you can keep the graphics card, then make sure you have at least 4GB RAM and you'll run the game like a boss most likely.

Edited by Sneakson

it cost me 1200$ i bought the system today.

Hm, okay. A complete, already built and working computer I guess?

What else did you get? Depending on what else you got it sounds a bit on the expensive side by about $200 but it’s still $300 less than what most people buy to run the game well so if it runs well then it’s nice.

ok so i have been having horrible fps issues with my system and i have a amd fx 8120 and a 7970. and im getting horrible fps with no matter what start up options i use or settings i change in game. as i can can run on low to ultra and see almost no difference in the fps. and i was going to see if any body could help out with this before i switch from being a amd guy over to a i7 4th gen k cpu and new motherboard

I agree with Juicy87 and Sneakson, if you can't fix the FPS issues and decide to get new CPU, i5 is enough. The only difference between i5 and i7 is Hyper-Threading technology (HT), that creates a virtual core for each physical core. Games can't use it at all in practice, but the i7 variant of the processor is often +$100 / €100 more expensive. i5-4670k with LGA1150 motherboard or i5-3570k with LGA1155 motherboard is cost-effective choice. If you want to max your FPS, you should also overclock the CPU. If you decide to OC, make sure that you get motherboard that can handle the overclocked CPU and proper aftermarker CPU cooler (some good ones have been mentioned a couple of posts earlier).

Mate .Ä° bought a whole new pc.From the beginning.Normal driver, SSD driver, and i had to change my motherboard cause i couldnt find what i wanted.i changed it to Z77A G43. intel core i5-3570k. gtx 660 ti, and 8b ram and 700w thermaltake. they are putting it together right(the shop i bought the pc) now.Ä°m gona take it and test it after 8:00 pm or somethink i bought the arma 3 beta today.i hope it Works.then congrats i have a new pc..

Check out my settings for tweaking tips.

Textures: Very High doesn't cost much at all.

Objetcs and Terrain: High or higher draws a lot of juice.

Shadow: Change to HIGH immediately. For many users LOW cuts more framerate than HIGH does because of how the load is balanced between cpu and gpu.

HDR: Change to high. Otherwise the sky will be completely white and the colours will be all messed up.

1600/1300 visibility is good. Don't change Shadow. In my testing lowering it did not increase framerate and increasing it did lower framerate.

I would recommend all blur and depth of field on because they didn't impact performance for me and decrease temporal aliasing and even spatial aliasing to some degree.

SSAO should be off. Never found out what Caustics does though but I think it only works underwater.

Anisotropic filtering should be Ultra but it really doesn't matter... all that matters is on/off both for appearance and performance. It's a strange setting really.

Thanks a lot Sneakson!

Changing Textures and HDR to Very High/High gets me 60FPS. But when ever I try to slide Obejct and Terrain to High it drops down to 30 immediately. Same goes out for HDR and the High-setting, so i turned that one still off.

I am ust still wondering, why only one of my two GT750s is working :/

I will have to fiddle around a little more with this here :

Thanks a lot Sneakson!

Changing Textures and HDR to Very High/High gets me 60FPS. But when ever I try to slide Obejct and Terrain to High it drops down to 30 immediately. Same goes out for HDR and the High-setting, so i turned that one still off.

I am ust still wondering, why only one of my two GT750s is working :/

I will have to fiddle around a little more with this here :

Oh, so this thread is where I saw someone with SLI issues, right! Update your drivers. ARMA3 got NVidia SLI support only days ago.

At least I think that's how it works.

40 fps.At very high settings.and its beta.Ä° think original version will be better.Thank you bohemia :)

my specs are as follows

intel® pentium® cpu b960@ 2.20ghz 2.20ghz

8gb ram 1tb hd 64-bit os x64 based processer

windows 8

is this not enough?

my specs are as follows

intel® pentium® cpu b960@ 2.20ghz 2.20ghz

8gb ram 1tb hd 64-bit os x64 based processer

windows 8

is this not enough?

Weak CPU... what graphics card? You may be looking at standard settings though unless your graphics card is even worse.

can a laptop play this game easily if it were high spec?

for example www.cyberpowersystems.co.uk (or.com)

you can build pc's and laptops im thinking of a laptop

even though I have a water cooled pc in my room with the best cpu and gpu but fancy sitting in the lounge watching tv playing arma ;)

are you getting these issues on public servers ? showcase? where? i get 15-28 FPS on some pub servers and 40-60 on others , but on showcase (helicopter) i get around 28 on ultra/high.

would this be any good guys thinking about getting a new 1 but only got around £450 to play with??

Intel Core i3 dual core 2130.

Processor speed 3.4GHz.

4GB DDR3 RAM.

Hard drive:

500GB SATA hard drive.

DVD optical drives:

Graphics:

Dedicated graphics.

Intel with H61 graphics card.

---------- Post added at 16:00 ---------- Previous post was at 15:52 ----------

or this 1?

CPU and Memory:

AMD dual core A4 3300.

Processor speed 2.5GHz.

4GB DDR3 RAM.

Hard drive:

500GB SATA hard drive.

DVD optical drives:

Graphics:

Shared graphics.

On-board graphics memory.

AMD Radeon HD 6410D graphics card with 2048MB memory.

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4130 Black Edition 3.90Ghz

8GB 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM

MASSIVE 1TB Hard Drive Storage Space

ATI Radeon HD 5450 1GB Graphics Card HDMI, DVI, VGA

150MPS WIRELESS WIFI CARD

or thst 1? will all 3 work and which 1 is best they all diffrent prices and from diffrent shops

Edited by geordiegaz
a third choice

can a laptop play this game easily if it were high spec?

for example www.cyberpowersystems.co.uk (or.com)

you can build pc's and laptops im thinking of a laptop

even though I have a water cooled pc in my room with the best cpu and gpu but fancy sitting in the lounge watching tv playing arma ;)

A £10k laptop should run it really nicely but if you're unsure just Google for benchmarks.

would this be any good guys thinking about getting a new 1 but only got around £450 to play with??

Processor speed 3.4GHz.

4GB DDR3 RAM.

Hard drive:

500GB SATA hard drive.

DVD optical drives:

Graphics:

Dedicated graphics.

or this 1?

CPU and Memory:

AMD dual core A4 3300.

Processor speed 2.5GHz.

4GB DDR3 RAM.

Hard drive:

500GB SATA hard drive.

DVD optical drives:

Graphics:

Shared graphics.

8GB 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM

or thst 1? will all 3 work and which 1 is best they all diffrent prices and from diffrent shops

£450 is tight... save another £50 and check:

Corsair Carbide 200R, solid chassis.

Corsair CX500M, solid power supply.

Corsair Vengeance 2x2GB 1600 Mhz, great memories but not a lot of gigabytes.

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB, big quality hard drive.

And the tricky part:

Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (many recommendations)

Intel Core i3 3220 (almost guessing)

Asus GeForce GTX650-E-2GD5 2GB (guessing)

That's the cheapest Intel way. The graphics card should be a GTX650-660 Ti/not Ti or something such probably...

However you can go lower with AMD. I’m no AMD guy though so someone else would have to recommend a motherboard, cpu and gpu in that case.

All of that comes down to £500 in Sweden.

Current gen components is out of the question under £700 and this is the cheapest I can easily recommend however at your price point I would definitely search for used computers selling in your area on ad or auction sites.

If you're willing to build.

If you're not willing to build or have someone else do it and only want to buy one of those three I'd say you're going to waste money… building is always cheaper.

Out of the three I’m not sure. Third one has a decent processor really and so does the first and both 4 or 8GB RAM and 500GB or 1TB HDD is nice but the third one has a crappy graphics card and it doesn’t say what graphics card the first one has if I’m not mistaken… only that it’s a “H61†graphics card which doesn’t say anything to me really lol…

The 5450 card can play year 2010 games in 1024x768 at like 30 fps ew… what monitor size do you have anyways?

It’s difficult for me to compare such old parts but I think buying my recommendation and having someone build it would probably let you play decent settings in most new games at 1920x1080…

So anyways: if you can't buy separate components and put together definitely look for someone selling an used computer and for £500 you should get something even better than all of this.

Edited by Sneakson

thanks for the insight.. i wont be spending 10k on a laptop when a gaming rig in my room acts like a radiator for the whole of upstairs hehehe

i suppose all the laptop would need would be a nice cpu (probably the best) and the GTX760 and 8gb ram maybe an SSD if it was compatable on the laptop sorrrrted

thanks for the insight.. i wont be spending 10k on a laptop when a gaming rig in my room acts like a radiator for the whole of upstairs hehehe

i suppose all the laptop would need would be a nice cpu (probably the best) and the GTX760 and 8gb ram maybe an SSD if it was compatable on the laptop sorrrrted

I wasn’t saying you’ll have to spend 10k. I have no idea really. If you’re willing to spend 10k right away then you’ll definitely make it though but you may also make it with only £750 or something if you want to run high settings.

I’d rather recommend standard-high settings for a laptop though in which case you may be able to get away even cheaper, what do I know.

Quickly googling gives for example the Scan 3XS Graphite with an i5 and 650M that does 55 fps average in Just Cause 2 playing in 1,366x768, 4xAA, 16xAF, High Detail... sounds small (only 11â€) but powerful.

At £590 according to the site but not for sale in Sweden at all so I don't know how that price looks currently.

Edited by Sneakson

fancy sitting in the lounge watching tv playing arma ;)

Tell you what, it looks great on a 42", my own scenario/missions with no more than a 150ish AI, not all engaged at once mind, but can handle 50-60 AI engaged together, not a great problem, better if its around the 40ish mark though.

I don't use more than around 120 AI on the terrain anyway, smaller skirmish type missions are my fav, although they are only testing type things at the moment, can't be playing with the AI, too silly at present.

Processor speed 3.4GHz.

4GB DDR3 RAM.

Hard drive:

500GB SATA hard drive.

DVD optical drives:

Graphics:

Dedicated graphics.

or this 1?

CPU and Memory:

AMD dual core A4 3300.

Processor speed 2.5GHz.

4GB DDR3 RAM.

Hard drive:

500GB SATA hard drive.

DVD optical drives:

Graphics:

Shared graphics.

8GB 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM

i did this spec a while back but the 965 is not available anymore :( the 6300 would replace it http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113286

here is the original post $500

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147391-Will-my-PC-run-this-What-CPU-GPU-to-get-What-settings-What-System-Specifications&p=2389735#post2389735

I have a:

MSI 660 TI

AMD 8120

16gbs RAM

and I was wondering what the optimal system settings were?

Thx!

At least start off by setting everything to all maximum settings except Visibility 1600/1300/100, Objects & Terrain Standard, Shadow High, SSAO Disabled, FSAA & ATOC Disabled and all post processing at 100.

Now start increasing Objects & Terrain, Shadows, SSAO, FSAA, ATOC and Visibility one step at a time until your average framerate drops to about 50-60. These 7 settings are the most important.

Start with Objects & Terrain to High, then SSAO to Standard. Then either start increasing your Visibility or turn on anti-aliasing or whatever until you’re happy. Visibility and anti-aliasing are the most demanding settings obviously.

Both your graphics card and processor are one big step above mine so you will probably be able to run some very nice settings.

I'm playing 1920x1200. 1920x1080 means up to 10% better framerate, 1680x1050 up to 30% better probably.

Use Fraps to monitor your framerate and start up either Showcase: Infantry to see your framerate in small battles and the showcase where you start off in a helicopter and attack a base with lots of ai allies to test big battles.

Use Fraps "MinMaxAvg" to record your average framerate while you play an entire mission for a more accurate reading than just looking at the framerate counter yourself.

Hi guys thanks for your reply, as i'm not really a techie most of it is gobbledy gook to me lol but have been looking at some systems and would like to know if this 1 would be any good?

VERY VERY HI SPEC GAMING PC

FX 8320 3.5 GHZ 8 CORE CPU

ASUS M5A99X EVO

6GB DDR3 TRIPLE CHANNEL GAMING RAM

120GB INTEL SATA HD

3 X 500GB SATA HD

2 X SATA DVD RW

850WATT PSU

AMD RADEON 7770 2GB DDR5 PCI-E HDMI GRAPHICS CARD

XPREDATOR ULTRA ATX GAMING CASE

2 X 20 CM ORANGE LED FANS

5 X 12 CM ORANGE LED FANS

LOGITECH G15 GAMING KEYBOARD

RAT 9 GAMING MOUSE ( NOT IN PIC )

JOYTECH XBOX 360 CONTROL PAD FOR WINDOWS

Hi guys thanks for your reply, as i'm not really a techie most of it is gobbledy gook to me lol but have been looking at some systems and would like to know if this 1 would be any good?

VERY VERY HI SPEC GAMING PC

FX 8320 3.5 GHZ 8 CORE CPU

ASUS M5A99X EVO

6GB DDR3 TRIPLE CHANNEL GAMING RAM

120GB INTEL SATA HD

3 X 500GB SATA HD

2 X SATA DVD RW

850WATT PSU

AMD RADEON 7770 2GB DDR5 PCI-E HDMI GRAPHICS CARD

XPREDATOR ULTRA ATX GAMING CASE

2 X 20 CM ORANGE LED FANS

5 X 12 CM ORANGE LED FANS

LOGITECH G15 GAMING KEYBOARD

RAT 9 GAMING MOUSE ( NOT IN PIC )

JOYTECH XBOX 360 CONTROL PAD FOR WINDOWS

What cost?

The CPU isn't amazingly great... the SSD could be bigger... three HDDs instead of one really big one sounds complicated… 7770 isn't great at all... the case is really big so I hope size doesn't matter...

More memory than needed though, generous hard drive space still, actually redundant power supply unit, a near ton of fans, advanced keyboard, great mouse and nice 360 control.

It all depends on the cost I guess. CPU is only about 20% slower than the best ones however the graphics card is weak. It’s 70% slower than what I would expect. I would really recommend buying it and then changing the graphics card really.

So what does it cost?