Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

CYBERPOWERPC Black Gamer Ultra GUA430 Desktop PC with AMD FX-4130 Zambezi Processor, 8GB Memory, 500GB Memory

will this be able 2 run Arma 3 at high or very high settings?

Hey ppl, here my rig:

Windows Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition, 64-bit

Processor: Intel® Core i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz

Graphic Card: nVidia GeForce GTX 680 - EVGA

RAM: 16.0 GB Corsair

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V

What u guys think about?

You shouldn't have any problem on high settings.

Hi

CPU: Intel Dual Core E6850 3.00Ghz

GPU: ATi 6950 2GB

RAM; 6GB

Anyone report on how a Dual Core runs the game?

I'm no expert but since the game is not geared for multicore/hyperthreading I should be okay right?

- Strannix

Hi My Specs are

Processor: AMD FX-4100 Quad Core Processor ~3.6GHz

Memory: 8GB RAM, DirectX 11

Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 9800 (512MB)

I recently got my new graphics card, GTX9800 but i didn't make it in time to test it out on the Alpha lite version of Arma 3. If i play it on all low, but with a resolution of 1920x1080. Will i get a good performance?

That graphics card looks weak to me...

I have your same CPU, and managed to OC it @ 4.3Ghz... If you have a decent cooling unit I'd try that to gain some FPS...

Yay!

Sorry if this is the wrong section, I'm new to the forum and completely lost, I wanted to know if I could get someones knowledge and see if my computer could run the game, or atleast at lowest settings, here are my specs;

Windows Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (build 7600), 64-bit

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO

Total RAM: 3.9 GB

There's a sticky in this section of the forum.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147391-Will-my-PC-run-this-What-CPU-GPU-to-get-What-settings-What-System-Specifications

I don't think your gpu is capable of running the game. And your cpu is a little slow. I'm not sure though, best to check through the thread I linked. Although your general specs do seem rather low which could make the game nearly unplayable. Do you have Arma 2? does that run well?

Hi everyone.

Thanks to you again Sneakson for your input!

Though I am coming from the console player side I am not into fancy ultra HD graphics and/or 60 fps. I just want to play my beloved Arma series again I thought, and as I need a new laptop till end of july anyway I thought of getting a rig that can handle Arma3.

Now I found out the Y500 gets a successor, the Y510 with following spec:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 4700MQ at 4x 2,40 GHz

GPU: Dual NVIDIA GeForce GT750M SLI with 2x 2048 MB

RAM: 16 GB

This machine is available at my country for about 1099€. The older Y500 thingy now of course gets cheaper.

So would you recommend to go with the newer model or take one of the older models?

kind regards and thanks in advance

Ops, a bit late now. I would register at any overclocking forum and ask in the laptop section. Overclockers usually know what they’re talking about and you should be able to get a lot of expert advice from people who do nothing but buy new laptops all the time there. I really can’t say exactly how laptop components perform and really don’t know anything about if there are other better, cheaper, better and cheaper or more price effective laptops on the market.

I would recommend buying the cheaper one, trying it out and returning it if it doesn’t suit you. Most stores give you 14 days, right?

With this configuration, it will be possible to play in good conditions ? ( maybe 30+ fps ?)

CPU : Intel Core i5 3570k

GPU : Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2Go

RAM : 8Go

O.S : Windows 7 64 bits

Will, i think that i have the most amazing PC in the world according to the results that already posted up to mine ^_^

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Processor : CPU INTEL CORE I7-990X EXTREME

Memory : 16GB(4X4GB) CORSAIR DDR3 RPM 1600 MHz

Hard Disk : 120GB OCZ SSD

Video Card : Nvidia Quadro 5000 :yay: ( I'm an Architect BTW !! ;) )

NOW TELL ME IF THAT'S COOL OR NOT! :cool:

Will, i think that i have the most amazing PC in the world according to the results that already posted up to mine ^_^

But does it Crysis? :confused:

£1000 processor ugh... what's it clocked to?

And £1500 card too, no shit you're an architect.

Indeed only professionals have rigs like that.

still a decent system, quadro 5000 is roughly equivalent to gtx570, 990x is still a good cpu, kind of a waste to buy an xtreme ed cpu imo, especially if you run it stock.

But does it Crysis? :confused:

£1000 processor ugh... what's it clocked to?

And £1500 card too, no shit you're an architect.

Indeed only professionals have rigs like that.

yeah budy, it did cost me alot!

But hostilely! it worth it as far as now in my opinion! :cool:

As u can see, my PC have been Build up for doing Graphics more than Playing video games on it! such as rendering and Designing 3D model things as buildings by using Graphics programs like Autocad, 3D Max, etc..

And the video games works perfect too on it .. witch is amazing thing!! :D

still a decent system, quadro 5000 is roughly equivalent to gtx570, 990x is still a good cpu, kind of a waste to buy an xtreme ed cpu imo, especially if you run it stock.

I don't think you were fair when u start comparing Graphics video card to poor Graphics-gaming one ! i know some ppl who have gtx570, and they are complaining about the speed and the resolution "Quality" in rendering their "BIG SIZE FILES" projects and doing 3D Animation ...

Believe me my friend! I did try a lot of video cards and different types of it! i tried AMD and Nvidia ... and i even ask a lot of Professional ppl ... my choice was right 100% when i made it a year ago till now i believe ...

gtx570 is OK! that's right and i do agree! but it didn't build for specialized Graphics programs, Especially for rendering programs such as 3D max and maya, artlants, etc ....

the components of my PC all work together perfectly.. one thing i forgot to mention! the motherboard! it's RAMPAGE III EXTREME-ASUS ..

thanks for sharing your opinion still! and i do respect it as well :)

Quadro cards have special drivers to be extremely dependable and consistent in programs like maya and various 3d cad software. The hardware is almost identical to a 570, in games it'll perform worse because the driver isn't updated for specific games and the clocks are lower (for stability).

extreme ed. cpu's are always "the fastest" cpu's, but usually they're only marginally faster (due to a slightly higher clock) and much more expensive than other cpu's. Not recommended unless you have lots of money to burn.

This topic is about hardware advice. Arma is a game series that doesn't multithread that well, so the best peforming cpu now is the i5-4670K due do very high per-core performance. Ok, i7 variant peforms 3% better, but it's 50% more expensive, so I don't recommend that one, also, if you overclock there will be next to no difference. If budget doesn't allow for a 4670K the FX6300 has the highest price/performance.

For graphics cards arma isn't that demanding. anything from $150 will easily cope with fullhd if you change the settings, if you want to go all out with antialiasing and ambient occlusion you're going to need something more powerful though.

Arma3Mark v0.51 - Max Settings Run

* Note for some reason I can't select ULTRA terrain detail - Very High only shows up. Not sure why....

Avg. FPS: 25

SETTINGS SCREEN SHOTS

Chassis: Silverstone SG06-450 Mini ITX 450W

MB: Asus P8Z77-I Mini-ITX Intel Z77 Chipset

CPU: i7-3770K @ 4.2Ghz (stock Intel cooling)

GPU: Zotac NVIDIA 660Ti 4GB (stock clocks)

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz

SSD: Plextor 256GB

Not bad results with a mini-ITX system built to be silent and discrete (not a monster gaming rig). I'd like to see some more max settings runs!

My System-Settings:

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/6933/yv8b.jpg (224 kB)

My System:

- Windows 8.1 Pro Preview with Media Ceter

- 3770k @4400MHz

- 16GB (4x4GB) G.Skill @2133MHz

- Intel 520S 240GB SSD (OS + ARMA-3)

- 2x Gigabyte GTX680-SOC-2GB (LN2-BIOS activated and further OC, as shown in the Screen-Shot above)

- GeForce v326.01

- Screen-Resolution: 1920x1080

SLI:

- maxed-out Settings = average 29 fps

- auto-detected Settings = average 40 fps

- Ultra-Settings = average 40 fps

- Very-High-Settings = average 52 fps

- High-Settings = average 69 fps

- Standard-Settings = average 92 fps

- Low-Settings = average 125 fps

- Lowest-/Disabled-Settings = average 168 fps

Single GTX680-SOC-2GB (LN2-BIOS activated and further OC, as shown in the Screen-Shot above):

- maxed-out Settings = average 28 fps

- auto-detected Settings = average 39 fps

- Ultra-Settings = average 39 fps

- Very-High-Settings = average 51 fps

- High-Settings = average 69 fps

- Standard-Settings = average 96 fps

- Low-Settings = average 127 fps

- Lowest-/Disabled-Settings = average 180 fps

As you can see, it's not worth it to run a SLI-Setup.

PS: The further OC of the GPU's doesn't change a thing.

PPS: The Beta-Benchmark-Thread can be found here: Click

:)

Will my PC run this on high without blowing up? It sounds like its about to overheat on low..

Intel® Core i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz

GeForce GTX 560 Ti

and 8gb ram

Tell me if i'm missing anything :D

Will my PC run this on high without blowing up? It sounds like its about to overheat on low..

Intel® Core i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz

GeForce GTX 560 Ti

and 8gb ram

Tell me if i'm missing anything :D

Everything high - no. But a mix between Standard, High, Very High and Ultra yes. Especially Visibility will have to be lower than high.

Check my signature for my specs and settings.

If you can candle my settings well then increase Visibility to 1600/1300/100, Objects & Terrain Quality to High, SSAO Standard then either increase your Visibility even more or try FSAA x2 which drains a lot of juice though so increasing your Visibility is probably more worth it.

Don’t go any lower than average 30 fps in big battles and average 40 or 50 fps when there’s little or no action such as in Showcase: Infantry which is pretty relaxed.

Now about your potential overheating… the 560 Ti is very warm and more importantly sounds like a fucking jet plane. Download MSI Afterburner, GPU-Z or any other program that lets you monitor internal temperatures and see how hot it gets while playing.

Ideally it shouldn’t be more than 50-70 degrees Celsius when playing and absolutely not more than 100 degrees.

Make sure your computer has plenty or breathing room and don’t keep it in a locker unless the locker is ventilated.

I had to buy three different 560 cards before I got one that worked properly. If your card seems unreasonably hot you may have a bad card and should try getting another one on warranty and seeing if it is also hot. You may have to downclock your card slightly and adjust the voltage though that is not something you should do unless you know about overclocking.

Now if you want your 560 to both drop temperature by like 20-50 degrees and be so quiet you will never hear it again even when it is spinning at maximum capacity buy this magic machine:

http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/vga/554/accelero-xtreme-iii.html?c=2182

For only about $100 it works wonders. I remember the 560 sounding like a hair dryer at 50% fan speed and now I can’t hear it at all over the other fans in my computer.

It takes some knowing to apply it – you have to paste some metal parts onto this thing and then screw it to your card or something such but you can probably find a guide somewhere and it’s no more difficult than LEGO.

By the way screen resolution and OS is always pretty relevant when you're posting specs.

Sorry if this is the wrong section, I'm new to the forum and completely lost, I wanted to know if I could get someones knowledge and see if my computer could run the game, or atleast at lowest settings, here are my specs;

Windows Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (build 7600), 64-bit

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO

Total RAM: 3.9 GB

I think your system will struggle with any kind of modern game, especially because of the graphics card. The 128 Mb of video RAM is really a small amount. Your processor could probably pull off lowest settings, but I would upgrade the graphics card. Any kind of video card upgrade would help if you are only going for lowest settings. And throw in 4 gb extra RAM as well while you are at it.

You may not know that, but there are gift trial installs to be had if you know someone who plays A3 already. That could let you test out your current system

You may not know that, but there are gift trial installs to be had if you know someone who plays A3 already. That could let you test out your current system

They actually stopped on the 25th June.

quadro cards have special drivers to be extremely dependable and consistent in programs like maya and various 3d cad software. The hardware is almost identical to a 570, in games it'll perform worse because the driver isn't updated for specific games and the clocks are lower (for stability).

Extreme ed. Cpu's are always "the fastest" cpu's, but usually they're only marginally faster (due to a slightly higher clock) and much more expensive than other cpu's. Not recommended unless you have lots of money to burn.

This topic is about hardware advice. Arma is a game series that doesn't multithread that well, so the best peforming cpu now is the i5-4670k due do very high per-core performance. Ok, i7 variant peforms 3% better, but it's 50% more expensive, so i don't recommend that one, also, if you overclock there will be next to no difference. If budget doesn't allow for a 4670k the fx6300 has the highest price/performance.

For graphics cards arma isn't that demanding. Anything from $150 will easily cope with fullhd if you change the settings, if you want to go all out with antialiasing and ambient occlusion you're going to need something more powerful though.

i do agree wit you now ;)

I think your system will struggle with any kind of modern game, especially because of the graphics card. The 128 Mb of video RAM is really a small amount. Your processor could probably pull off lowest settings, but I would upgrade the graphics card. Any kind of video card upgrade would help if you are only going for lowest settings. And throw in 4 gb extra RAM as well while you are at it.

8GB RAM? I'm on 32-bit Windows and have 4, so that's 3.25 usable and when playing only like 2 is ever used... I don't think ARMA uses a lot of RAM at all.

are you on Windows 7 or xp?

Please remember XP is not supported for Arma 3.

are you on Windows 7 or xp?

7. I could be wrong but looking at my readings from a lot of play yesterday I didn't see full memory usage at any time though maybe that's not possible because of some other factors. I saw someone write that less still than 3.25 is actually available in practice.

But I also get 0% performance difference when running several background programs which also would support that ARMA doesnt use a lot of RAM.