Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

Hello,

I really like to play the game, but I'm unable to play it smoothly. I want to upgrade my computer a bit, to make it run games more smoothly.

I run the game on the lowest graphics possible and get about 20 fps. So I'm wondering how I could make it better, what to buy to make my pc run games better.

This is not only specificly for Arma 3, I'd just like to know if someone knows what hardware I have to change to run (new) games on higher graphics smoothly.

My pc specs:

Machine name: GEBRUIK-381ZH27

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_ldr.130318-1533)

Language: Dutch (Regional Setting: Dutch)

System Manufacturer: System manufacturer

System Model: System Product Name

BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/14/11 11:04:19 Ver: 08.00.14

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 3584MB RAM

Page File: 1994MB used, 5167MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16418 32bit Unicode

Videocard: AT Radeon HD 4600 Series

Edited by PurePassion
Moved. Please search before posting. Thanks!

Hello,

I really like to play the game, but I'm unable to play it smoothly. I want to upgrade my computer a bit, to make it run games more smoothly.

I run the game on the lowest graphics possible and get about 20 fps. So I'm wondering how I could make it better, what to buy to make my pc run games better.

This is not only specificly for Arma 3, I'd just like to know if someone knows what hardware I have to change to run (new) games on higher graphics smoothly.

My pc specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_ldr.130318-1533)

try to overclock your cpu (but what I see it is laptop !?)...

Can somebody please help me?

I want to build a gaming PC but have no experience, also i am on a budget of £400 ($604) maybe can push to £500 ($756) if i have to go a little over say £40 ($60) i may but lets say £400-£500. I obviously need everything. So

CPU Quad core

GPU

HDD looking for 1TB with at least 7200 rpm so i can use Dxtory

RAM 8 GB

PSU

Motherboard

DVD Drive

Case

Obviously i can pick the case myself but if you could show me a site with one that will fit all components, that would be great. I think that's all i will need but correct me if i am wrong.

Obviously i would like it to run Arma 3 and DayZ quite well. I did ask other places but with no answer i thought you guys would know best. I was looking at the Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz Socket 1155 8MB at £260 obviously that's a big chunk out of my budget straight away, but what do you think? is there better options or can you give me a full list of components that will all work together well for the price im giving. Don't worry to much about the case as part of the budget and don't worry about mouse or keyboard. And one last thing, would i be able to run it on a 40" 1080p TV? If you manage to help me out thank you very much and if i ever see you on DayZ i will give you beans?

I spec'd for someone who was on a $600 budget, but if you can go up another $150 we can change the video card to some thing much better.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147391-Will-my-PC-run-this-What-CPU-GPU-to-get-What-settings-What-System-Specifications&p=2389735#post2389735

---------- Post added at 15:35 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

Hello,

My pc specs:

some people here may disagree but I think your rig is to dated to upgrade, perhaps it is time for a "new" rig.

Edited by ric

Yeah you need to upgrade so much id just save up the money and get a new system.

i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz

8GB RAM

Integrated Intel HD 2000

I can run this game on minimum settings with around 25-35 frames....anything I can do to increase FPS?

P.S. Would using a Radeon HD 7570 improve fps greatly compared to using Intel HD 2000?

Hello guys,

I have an qeustion!

I was thinking about upgrading my CPU, because i want to enjoy and see the beauty in Arma 3 that Bohemia Interactive give to us!

Here are my specs right now

AMD Phenom x2 965 4x 3,4ghz (overclocked to 4.0ghz) Black Edition

AMD HD 7970 1GHZ edition 3gb

16 GB DDR3 1600mhz vengeance corsair

New motherboard ASUS (forget the model, but i was last year one of the newest)

600w RECOM power supply

1 SSD Vertex 3 (main OS)

1 SSD Intel 520 (Arma 2 + Arma 3)

This is the setting i have right now in Arma 3!

http://s24.postimg.org/5uq0hymth/image.jpg (133 kB)

http://s23.postimg.org/owlyosxyz/image.jpg (131 kB)

http://s23.postimg.org/5vh491e63/image.jpg (127 kB)

Its not bad, but i want it higher, i get 20 á 35 FPS. My memory or GPU shouldnt be any problem, but my CPU is to slow to put everything on ultra. This summer i'm going to get an high resolution screen (higher then 1920x1080).

I5 or I7 are better, i understand but i don't want to change my motherboard and buying windows 8 license all over again.

So my qeustion is, what AMD CPU is the best choice for Arma 3 to put the settings higher, or maybe ultra?

Does anyone has any experience with this? Arma 3 is runs very good, but i want it higher and enjoy Arma 3 at its highest when its released (full game).

Maybe little offtopic, but i'm doing also 5k photographic landscape and nature, and i'm going to start (when the 4k's screens drops in price) 4k video recording. It must also be an good CPU that runs great for about 2 á 3 years!

Edited by DeAdSeYe

I run the same CPU (by the way, it's x4 - with 4 cores) overclocked to 3.8. How is that 4.0 overclock, is it stable? And did you touch voltages or simply used CPU multiplier?

You have also mentioned that you would need to buy Windows 8 licence if you changed the motherboard - that is not true. Also, while not really a suggestion, if you really want the best - go for the new Intel Haswell processors with a new MB (they were essentially announced just a couple of days ago).

I got the OEM version, if you install it, the license will bound to your mainboard. I build PC's myself, so i need to use the OEM version.

I use the AMD VISION Engine Control Center (amd catalyst) to overclock my CPU, it runs very stable. I only turned it on when i'm gaming. I use also an case that is build for an good airflow and i use the CNPS 9900 from Zalman and it's working very great. It doenst get warm and runs very stable.

1 time i had an blue-screen, but after upgrading my memory to 16gb, it never happend again!

Edited by DeAdSeYe

i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz

8GB RAM

Integrated Intel HD 2000

I can run this game on minimum settings with around 25-35 frames....anything I can do to increase FPS?

P.S. Would using a Radeon HD 7570 improve fps greatly compared to using Intel HD 2000?

Your cpu is quite fast, the intel hd2000 is a terrible integrated gpu, so any dedicated gpu will be a massive improvement

a 7570, while impressive compared to a 2000 is still a pretty weak card. Do you have a decent PSU in that rig? are you able to upgrade it? (if it's an atx formfactor psu it should be easy) If possible I'd go for at least a 7790 / 650Ti or 7850 / 7870 / 660 / 660Ti if you have the money to spend and the psu to handle such a card.

I'd say get a FX6300, they're pretty cheap and should outperform a quad phenom II if you overclock it a bit.

I've never had a problem reactivating windows with another motherboard, microsoft is pretty lenient with that. And I afaik all of my keys are OEM versions.

I wouldn't expect to run much higher settings to be honest, viewdistance and object viewdistance will bring down any cpu.

a fx6300 would bottleneck a 7970ghz ed. very hard, get 8350, anything else is money thrown out off the window. but an fx 8350 will still struggle pretty hard if it gets to highest settings, only intel cpus can crunch decent scenarios on highest settings, and that only if you overclock them quite ab bit.(reference: gits evolution in lan, 3km viewdistance,2.5km object distance)

a fx8350@ 5ghz should be able to be on par with an 2700k@4ghz, start imagine an i7 3770k@4.6ghz or i7 4770k@4,5ghz can do. next real amd high end cpu is anounced by amd for the timespace 2015-2016, so amd plattform is pretty death until then for high end gaming in sims like arma 3, unless you stick to stock singleplayer scenarios and campaign in the final game.

in photo and video editing the fx8350 beats almost all 4core/8thread intel cpus, but it should be done on gfx card by any decent programm unless totally outdated.

Arma doesn't scale that well with cores, the difference between FX6300 and 8350 running at the same speeds will be pretty much nothing.

FX6300 is really cheap and fully overclockable.

DeAdSeYe, you have a good system, wait till the final release before you do anything.

Arma doesn't scale that well with cores, the difference between FX6300 and 8350 running at the same speeds will be pretty much nothing.

FX6300 is really cheap and fully overclockable.

Agree'd. Until they implement a multithreaded scripting environment, more cores will never be better than pure speed.

Thanks for the advice guys, i will wait till the full release when it's more optimized. Problem is, their aren't really good CPU for AMD right now. If i'm going to buy an Intel CPU, i need to buy an new mainboard, and new windows license. I did search it, and you can only activate Windows 8 on 1 PC, and i will bound to your mainboard.

So, i'm going to wait till full release, or till end this year and see what els is on the market.

i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz

8GB RAM

Integrated Intel HD 2000

You got that good processor but you're using integrated graphics. Even though Arma is CPU heavy it still needs at least decent graphics card :D

Hey all,

I recently bought ArmA 3 for my old computer, since that time my computer unfortunately broke and is not worth fixing (fell in the pool, don't ask). I just bought a new computer but I am unsure how optimized it would be for ArmA 3. It has the following specs:

Intel® Core™ i7-3770 processor, 3.40 GHz,

16 GB DDR3 1600MHz,

2 TB SATA 7200 rpm,

1 GB NVIDIA® GeForce GT 620 graphics,

Microsoft® Windows® 8 64-bit version.

I know the specs are fine except I am unsure about the graphics card, would the game still be playable because I know some games are unplayable without a decent graphics card, is such with ArmA? Moreover would I be able to get over 25fps? Also, is there any editing to the config or otherwise that would boost my FPS in ArmA?

Thanks in advance.

Is there a SSD in there? If not, I would suggest adding one (for Windows 8 and for Arma 3) or create a RAMdisk/"RAMdrive".

As far as the graphics... ehhhhh. I don't think it'll look pretty (did you get an Alienware X51 or something?) but at least there's a good CPU in there, and the series is more notoriously CPU-bound anyway.

Is there a SSD in there? If not, I would suggest adding one (for Windows 8 and for Arma 3) or create a RAMdisk/"RAMdrive".

As far as the graphics... ehhhhh. I don't think it'll look pretty (did you get an Alienware X51 or something?) but at least there's a good CPU in there, and the series is more notoriously CPU-bound anyway.

Okay, Thanks a lot Chorties I really appreciate the quick response and all the info. It's not Alienware but it is from Dell. It's an XPS 8500 pretty good bang for your buck, only $900 CAD. There is no SSD that I am aware of, but I'm willing to add one. Thanks again, see you on Stratis.

Edited by PurePassion
Moved. Please search before posting. Thanks!

Attempting a RAMDisk install for Arma 3 is cheaper than getting a SSD, the SSD would be if you also want an OS on it (but I have no idea how well trying to install OEM Windows 8 onto it after the fact would work out) or certain other programs that would benefit.

Okay, Thanks a lot Chorties I really appreciate the quick response and all the info. It's not Alienware but it is from Dell. It's an XPS 8500 pretty good bang for your buck, only $900 CAD. There is no SSD that I am aware of, but I'm willing to add one. Thanks again, see you on Stratis.

FYI, Dell own's Alienware