Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

Processor 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3770 processor (3.40 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.90 GHz)

Operating System Windows 8 Pro, 64-bit, English

Memory3 32GB4 at 1600MHz

Hard Drive 2TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive 6.0 Gb/s + 256GB SSD SRT Enhancement

Monitor NA

Optical Drive Blu-ray Combo Drive (BD-R, DVD+/-RW), Write to CD/DVD

How well will this Work?

Unfortunately I don't think you're going to have much luck with onboard video. Sorry, man.

---------- Post added at 07:25 ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 ----------

Hi

will arma 3 alpha work on my pc? Will i be able to run it on low or medium and with how many fps? I know no one can say for sure, but at least some estimates.

I have c2d E6550 ocd to 3 ghz, 4gb ddr2 and gtx 650 1gb (non ti). I play on 1920x1080.

I was a huge fan of original ofp and i played it for years. Didnt buy arma 2 because my pc couldn´t handle it, so i hope i can get arma 3 with reasonable fps. I have no intentions to upgrade my pc in a near future, so if its like 20 fps ill skip it for now,

which i hope wont be the case.

I'd say that you'd be looking at a mixture of low/medium settings at passable framerates without your processor bottlenecking you. Unfortunately I think you are going to see some serious chug with that CPU. Decent quad processors are pretty cheap these days and aren't hard to install, though I'd have to see your motherboard info before recommending that kind of purchase. Food for thought, eh?

Sorry - its not going to run well. The 555M will probably be your bottleneck, my 650M is the bottleneck for my system below and its 67% faster than your card.

Finished setting it up this morning. It's running fine. Sure, I'm not running it at a million draw distance, but it is perfectly playable if I turn some of the fancies down a little.

The air coming out of the cooling vent is hot enough to cook on mind. :)

Hi guys,

Just thought after reading a lot of posts about game performance i would quickly post this.

My system is about 3 years old and was only just running Arma 3 to acceptable levels on standard.

Old system:

CPU : i7 X980 @ 4Ghz

Motherboard : X58A-UD3R - Gigabyte

Ram : 12 gigs

Drives : 1 X SSD "System" 1 X SSD "Games"

Video Cards: ATI HD5870 X 3 in crossfire

Sound card : Soundblaster Xfi "fatality"

Power supply : 1200 watt

After struggling to run Arma 3 in standard mode i pulled out all the ATI cards and replaced it with a G-Force GTX 680, the change was huge.

Now Arma 3 runs smooth with very high frame rates (35-50) "online" and "single player" on Ultra.

TLDR : out with the old crossfired 5870s, in with the GTX 680.

metsrule08: That is a nice spec for a laptop - you should be fine on at least medium settings. The best thing you can do for your A3 experience will probably be to install Arma3 on the SSD. It gives such a good flow, no stutters when looking around fast and all that.

Having an Intel CPU instead of AMD makes a HUGE difference.

I swapped my AMD Phenom II X6 1100T for an Intel i7 2700K and it's night and day, the game runs much better.

What about this config, will it run the game in high/ultra?

CPU : i5 2400 @ 3,1Ghz

Motherboard : DH61WW - Intel

Ram : 8 gigs

Video Cards: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 Dual-X 2GB GDDR5

eussian guys have made very good comparsion about all know cards and cpus in arma3

Hi guys, I am new here! Liking the article purkka_FIN linked, it's very informative. One thing I'd like to ask, anybody here has a new AMD Radeon HD7790 graphics card? If yes, could you report on its performance in ARMA3, please! I am aware it's not a high-end GPU, but I'd like to know how it performs :) Thanks in advance!

Hello, I am wondering if my Laptop's Specs would be able to run ARMA 3:

Windows Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

Processor: Intel® Core i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz

Graphics Card: GeForce GT 420M

Total RAM: 7.7 GB

Thank you for you time!

Currently running:

AMD FX-8150 Eight Core @ 4GHz

16GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz

GTX 670 2GB @ Stock

What settings would you recommend for the above?

Hi All,

I am building a new rig with this game primarily in mind.

So far I have got the following and would appreciate recommendations on which processor to get 3570K or 3770K?

MSI Z77A GD55

2no MSI GTX 660 OC Twin Frozrs to go in SLI

16GB Corsair Vengence 1600mhz

Corsair AX850 power supply

also still to get...Sandisk 840 pro either 128GB or 256GB

Case NZXT Phantom full

Does this game justify a 3770K and how should my system perform with Arma?

I am jumping ship from Ghost Recon on the 360 and your advice would be welcomed.....

If it's primarily for arma I'd get a 3570K instead of the 3770K.

You could also wait for haswell motherboards and cpu's, supposed to launch in june.

Running on a Asus K53SD-SX597V (Laptop) pretty smoothly compared to A2:OA

Win 8 Pro

i7 2670QM @2.2Ghz

Nvidia 610M @1Ghz

8GB G-Skill @1333Mhz

OS on Crucial M4

Other data (Games, etc) on no-brand HDD @7200rpm

Hi everyone,

I posted previously on this thread, but now I made my decision on my new laptop:

Lenovo Y500

i7-3630QM 2.4Ghz Processor

NVIDIA GeForce GT750M GDDR5 2GB

12.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM 1600 MHz Memory

15.6" FHD LED Glare Wedge 1920x1080

1TB 5400 RPM+16GB SSD Hard Drive

Just for confidence's sake, this will run ArmA 3 comfortably, correct?

Thanks all, can't wait to (hopefully) roam around Stratis with you guys.

Corsair Obsidian Series 900D Full Tower Window EATX NOPS

Corsair 1200W AX Series ATX12V+EPS 140mm Fan

ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME X79 DD3 A+SR+GBL+BT

Intel Core i7 3970X Six 3.46GHz 15.0MB HT S2011

Corsair Hydro Series H100i Performance Liquid Cooler -

Kingston 32.0 GB DDR3-1600 CL9 (8 x 4.0) Kit

ASUS - nVidia GeForce GTX TITAN 6.0GB 2xDVI HDMI DP SLI

Intel 520 2.5" SSD 240GB SATA600

Western Digital - Raptor VelociRaptor 1.0TB 10K RPM SATA600 64MB

LG Electronics BH14NS40 14X BD-R/RE SATA w/SW+LS OEM

StarTech Memory Card Reader 3.5" Black

Antec 120mm Blue LED Fan

Windows 7 Ultimate OEM DVD 64-bit English

Corsair Obsidian Series 900D Full Tower Window EATX NOPS

Corsair 1200W AX Series ATX12V+EPS 140mm Fan

ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME X79 DD3 A+SR+GBL+BT

Intel Core i7 3970X Six 3.46GHz 15.0MB HT S2011

Corsair Hydro Series H100i Performance Liquid Cooler -

Kingston 32.0 GB DDR3-1600 CL9 (8 x 4.0) Kit

ASUS - nVidia GeForce GTX TITAN 6.0GB 2xDVI HDMI DP SLI

Intel 520 2.5" SSD 240GB SATA600

Western Digital - Raptor VelociRaptor 1.0TB 10K RPM SATA600 64MB

LG Electronics BH14NS40 14X BD-R/RE SATA w/SW+LS OEM

StarTech Memory Card Reader 3.5" Black

Antec 120mm Blue LED Fan

Windows 7 Ultimate OEM DVD 64-bit English

Looks good :D

Monitor(s)?

Looks more like a bragging post than a "will my pc run this game" one.

Looks more like a bragging post than a "will my pc run this game" one.

The guy is asking a legitimate question in the right thread.

What's the problem?

I might add that it looks like he is proposing the build, which means he doesn't even own it (he'd know how it performed if he did), so it's hardly bragging (he can correct me if I am wrong).

Edited by BangTail

^

I might add that it looks like he is proposing the build, which means he doesn't even own it (he'd know how it performed if he did), so it's hardly bragging (he can correct me if I am wrong).

Yes, you might be right. It seems he's copied the specs from a retail site. Still... I doubt he's under any illusions as to how that rig will actually play this game. That said, it's ALWAYS a bit of a lottery with BI stuff. :)

Yep, that is true although performance is getting better and better through the dev builds (for me at least).

Hopefully these much heralded Nvidia optimizations for A3 are in the next drivers :D

i'm not bragging at all there are far more better machines for sale out there... it's just that i bought what i was thinking was the ultimate Gaming PC when Arma 2 went out and i got really disapointed by the performance... I don't want this again

That's the thing, Tony. I don't think (and you probably know this - you've been here since 2005) that buying an uber machine necessarily means good performance in this game. There's something of a black art to optimizing it for any given hardware.

i'm not bragging at all there are far more better machines for sale out there...

not really, maybe if somebody sells them overclocked.

i'm not bragging at all there are far more better machines for sale out there... it's just that i bought what i was thinking was the ultimate Gaming PC when Arma 2 went out and i got really disapointed by the performance... I don't want this again

Tony - I've got a similar spec'd machine (bought just for Arma). My processor however is a 3570K, OC'd to 4.5 Ghz. Do have 1 Titan. Arma 3 runs brilliantly, even in multiplayer with all rendering settings on "ultra" and a view distance of 3KM (I figured I'd keep it lowish). Haven't measured FPS, but it's very smooth and fast - have no complaints. I would recommend overclocking the CPU - Arma games seem to be processor heavy. From everything I read, 3570K is generally best bang for the buck on the gaming front, and can be OC'd to run as fast as the CPU you've selected OC'd (want to say yours might even run a bit hotter).

Tony - I've got a similar spec'd machine (bought just for Arma). My processor however is a 3570K, OC'd to 4.5 Ghz. Do have 1 Titan. Arma 3 runs brilliantly, even in multiplayer with all rendering settings on "ultra" and a view distance of 3KM (I figured I'd keep it lowish). Haven't measured FPS, but it's very smooth and fast - have no complaints. I would recommend overclocking the CPU - Arma games seem to be processor heavy. From everything I read, 3570K is generally best bang for the buck on the gaming front, and can be OC'd to run as fast as the CPU you've selected OC'd (want to say yours might even run a bit hotter).

Yeah i would like to know about FPS if you have time for it please :)

Yeah i would like to know about FPS if you have time for it please :)

As of the last few Dev releases - I am getting 45-60FPS @ 1600P (3KVD, Everything Ultra (Except Objects and Terrain 'High' - Ultra is fine but can cause a bit of a hit when there is a lot of foliage or buildings being rendered) and - MSAA 8X - SMAA (Ultra) - I don't run with post but I have put it on 'normal' just for testing and it does not change the FPS).

Another important thing for Nvidia users - Check your A3 profile and set 'power management' to 'prefer maximum performance'.

At least as far as Titan's go, when that setting is set to 'adaptive' the cards downclock unnecessarily, changing it to the above seems to solve that problem.