Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

cant you get a 3570k and a 7850 for roughly the same budget?

Yea, this is a pretty popular combo these days and will run most "new" games on High settings with Nice FPS.

Worth the investment.

cant you get a 3570k and a 7850 for roughly the same budget?

Nope, not here, in sweden..

The Intel3570 is abit more than the 4300

And as a family provider with 2 young kids..

Money IS a big deal...

And its rather funny..

AMD props in price is strange.

AMD 4300 is roughly 175$

AMD 8350 ----"---- 246$

Intel: I5 3570K 277$

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]

I've just ordered new parts, but will only buy a new GFX card next month.

i5-3570K

8GB DDR3 1600mhz

G43 Mobo.

I'll be using my ancient 8800GT in the meantime, any guesses as to how Arma 3 would run?

The card works well in Arma 2, and I assume because the CPU and Mem are up to spec, Arma 3 would at least be playable?

As far as we know, more than 4 cores are essentially wasted on A2 (we'll have to wait for the final product where A3 is concerned).

In BF3, there is clear evidence that more cores are better, especially when there are a lot of players.

This is a trend that I expect to see increasing as we move into 8/10/12 cores and beyond.

Yes i would have hoped the developers had gotten their magic multithreading pants on when coding arma3 but at leaqst for now in alpha that seems not to be the case.

Sure would be nice if some devs could tell if they plan on making use of hyperthreading/more cores in the future. :)

I just heard of ARMA the other day. It looks great. I want to run on ultra settings. Please let me know if this great or if i need another 660TI card to SLi and maybe bigger psu. This is my first and only pc build. I'll take any and all tips. I dont know how to overclock except for the video card with built-in oc profile.

Here is my computer:

-i5 3570k with hyper plus cooler

-asus gtx660 ti

-z77 asrock mb extreme 4

-2x 4 gb gskill ram(budget/ not high speeds)

-thor v2 case

-corsair hx750 p/s

yeah, multiplayer bf3 with object detail at ultra is a real cpu killer

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Battlefield-3-PC-221396/Specials/Battlefield-3-Multiplayer-Tipps-CPU-Benchmark-1039293/

there's a small advantage to the i7's, but is 7% faster worth 50% more? if you overclock the i7's only have a 5% advantage, maybe even no advantage if you can clock higher with HT off.

I have a sneaking suspicion the 39730K is hitting the gpu bottleneck, or maybe it doesnt really scale that well over 4 cores, the 6300 and 8350 perform pretty much on par and the 4300 isnt even that far behind the 6300.

that 4300 isn't a bad chip btw, outperforms the more expensive i3's and is overclockable. Not very efficient at full load if you do that, but hey, how often is that?

That link was intesting.. the 3770K blows away even then other i7 cpus including the Sandy Bridge one!

Hmm think i must get a 3770K now...

I've read the posting "CPU Unitilization and You" on Steam and I'm aware of the expectations for performance for the ArmA 3.

I've been playing ArmA 2 for a year and a half on a Dell XPS 8300 (Quad i5 2.8 GHz/AMD HD5770/12GB Ram) and it's been a great experience.

I'm actually in the market for a new PC. Not just because of ArmA. I'm headed back to the USA for a few months, and I need a new workstation while I continue a project. But I'll also be playing ArmA too. :D

My budget for the box is around $1200 (+/- $200). I was hoping for a little direction into a complete solution that would allow me to get the most out of the ArmA engine in addition to working in various Adobe apps.

I'm not one to build the box on my own, and I don't expect to get 60fps with this budget, but I would really appreciate some advice from the many players here with great hardware experience.

I was considering using iBuyPower.com or NewEgg for my purchase.

I was looking at this as a solution, but it seems outdated and has a few bad reviews. Plus it has Windows 8 not 7.

Can someone link me to a all in one solution that hits the mark for the money? Perhaps a configuration from iBuyPower.com? I honestly don't know if I should get AMD or Intel. The only thing I think I can confirm is that maybe NVidia is a better choice for GPU since it offers PhysX on board and may help with some of the engine performance by removing those calculations from the CPU.

Thanks for any helpl.

Edited by neven

Hello everyone!

So, my laptop is pretty old and can barely run Arma 2 at a playable framerate, but due to some thing in my life I cant really commit and build an expensive gaming PC for the money is needed elsewhere, but I still need a decent enough computer to pull thru this and the next year. At starters I've got 400 dollars to spent on a PC and I was thinking if anyone can help me decide what's the best setup that could possibly be able to play Arma 3 with a decent framerate. It is possible I may upgrade some parts of this build with time, but nothing over 400 at this point. So I was looking at some builds and thought of maybe trying an AMD A10-5800k core x4 APU with HD 7660d GFX Card. Can anybody comment in any way on this processor? Will be enough to play Arma 3 at a decent framefrate with decent visuals, or are those AMD APU's not worth it?

P.S - I've been out of sync with the whole world for 3 years of University time, thus I'm totally lost with all the new Processors and Graphics cards so yeah, confusion is too damn high.

Edited by NightyNightz

Good afternoon everyone,

I have bought the Alpha last week, and since that time, I am trying to tweak the options to increase my FPS.

Please find my specs below:

i5 3330

Radeon HD 7470 (2 Gb)

8Gb DDR3

At standard settings, what should be the expected FPS rates ?

(At the beginning of the showcase infantry, 16 FPS is the best that I reached, keeping standard terrain quality...)

Thank you very much in advance,

With Best regards,

GFt

I need to upgrade my GPU from my current HD5870. Should I get a GTX660Ti or an HD7950? This is the 7950 I'm looking at: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127667 and I'm not sure what 660Ti to get if I decide to get one.

Which card can handle arma 3 better? And does getting an ATI card really make me miss out because it does not support physx?

My system specs:

Gigabyte ex58-ud3r mobo

i7920 Overclocked to 3.3Ghz (When I buy the card I will also be getting new RAM so I can overclock to at least 3.5)

XFX HD 5870 1GB Overclocked to 900Mhz GPU clock/1270Mhz memory clock

6GB Corsair 1333 RAM

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

7200 RPM HDD

Single 1920x1080 Monitor

Guys my currant pc is:

Windows 7 64 bit

I5 2500 3.3ghz

GTX580 1.5GB

8GB DDR3

HDD Raptor 300GB 10000RPM

HDD Raptor 120GB 10000RPM

650w psu

Thermaltake level 10.

Im looking at selling my GTX580 and buying an ATI 7970 3GB would i see much improvement and is the 7970 better than a GTX680 which is over 100 pounds more thanks.

Hey everyone. Hopefully this is the right section to post this.

So I built my computer about 2 years ago. It's obviously out of date but I would like to know exactly what I have to do to upgrade it. I want to be able to run the new Arma 3 (alpha I believe?) on very good settings. I currently have 4 gigs of RAM, Radeon HD 5770, and a AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz. I can play Arma 2 but not on the greatest settings. I'm hoping that all I need to do would be to upgrade my graphics card....what do you guys recommend? (What specific equipment should I get?)

I really don't know how good my processor is but I'm hoping that I won't need to upgrade it.

Thanks a lot!

Hey,

so Im really interested in entering the Armaverse with Arma 3 - Im just a little concerned about my Specs, though:

Processor: Intel Pentium CPU G850 2.90 GHz

Ram: 4 GB

ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series (Thats all it says)

Windows 7 SP1 64 bit

Now - I know I wont be able to run Arma on Ultra-settings, but that doesnt really matter too much to me. Im more interested in the game than top-notch graphics.

My question would be - will Arma 3 run fluently on reduced graphics-settings? Minimal Requirements often refer to whats minimum required to run the game at all, not fluent, disregarding the Graphics.

Hello guys, so I want to buy this awesome game, but i don't know if will work on my PC. Can someone say me if it will be enough for good play.

My PC set-up Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT 1GB

3 GB RAM

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+

Thank you :)

My specs:

XFX HD 6950 2GB

I5 2500k 3.3

8GB RAM

Do i have what it takes to run this on high?

Hello guys, so I want to buy this awesome game, but i don't know if will work on my PC. Can someone say me if it will be enough for good play.

My PC set-up Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT 1GB

3 GB RAM

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+

Thank you :)

I'm afraid it won't run well...
My specs:

XFX HD 6950 2GB

I5 2500k 3.3

8GB RAM

Do i have what it takes to run this on high?

Normal I think...

Yay!

Gliptal, any chance you could shed some light on my case? I understand 4GB ram should be enough - but Im not very familiar with Graphics-cards.

Ive read at some forum that a pc with specs lower than mine would run it on medium - however - that was last year and i understand things mightve changed.

Again. It would be enough if Arma ran fluent on mediocre graphics.

Gliptal, any chance you could shed some light on my case? I understand 4GB ram should be enough - but Im not very familiar with Graphics-cards.

Ive read at some forum that a pc with specs lower than mine would run it on medium - however - that was last year and i understand things mightve changed.

Again. It would be enough if Arma ran fluent on mediocre graphics.

Sorry, I completely missed your post for some reason...

Both your video card and CPU don't look too good, if you have the possibility try and fetch an Alpha Lite and use it as a benchmark... You could probably manage to play on Low settings and low resolution, but I really don't know if it would be fluent enough or not...

Yay!

Guys my currant pc is:

Windows 7 64 bit

I5 2500 3.3ghz

GTX580 1.5GB

8GB DDR3

HDD Raptor 300GB 10000RPM

HDD Raptor 120GB 10000RPM

650w psu

Thermaltake level 10.

Im looking at selling my GTX580 and buying an ATI 7970 3GB would i see much improvement and is the 7970 better than a GTX680 which is over 100 pounds more thanks.

You would see absolutely zero improvement.

Right now, from every single youtube video I've seen, everyone gets around 25-45 FPS, depending on where they are.

Anything from a GTX 660, to my rig, to a GTX 680, to crossfired 7970's, to a GTX Titan, they all get the same framerates from what I've seen.

Hell, I even get the exact same framerate when I'm running everything at minimum as well as everything on maximum.

Edited by ruhtraeel

You would see absolutely zero improvement.

Right now, from every single youtube video I've seen, everyone gets around 25-45 FPS, depending on where they are.

Anything from a GTX 660, to my rig, to a GTX 680, to crossfired 7970's, to a GTX Titan, they all get the same framerates from what I've seen.

Hell, I even get the exact same framerate when I'm running everything at minimum as well as everything on maximum.

Thanks for the reply m8 ill put any upgrades on hold for now hold for now.

---------- Post added at 07:50 ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 ----------

I did try 1 thing that worked I raised shadows from low to high and my fps went up a few this was mentiond by someone else to.

Shadows on high settings are GPU dependant. Shadows on low and medium are CPU dependant.

Always put it on high or very high to get better performance.

Also try ton disable AA and Postprocess. The game still looks good :)-

Finally, turn down VD=View distance to 1500 m or something like that.

Also put PPAA on FXAA Ultra for a much crisper image and no FPS loss...

Yay!