Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

Ive been wanting to try and play Arma 3 with realitvely high settings. My current specs struggled to run Arma 2 CO on higher settings. Even on regular settings, I would sometimes experience drops in FPS after I had been playing a CTI game for an extended time. I've been thinking about buying a new graphics card to replace the Windows 7 Home Premium default card (ATI Radeon HD 5450) with the ATI Radeon HD 5670. I don't have a ton of money to spend, but do you think the ATI Radeon HD 5670 + 8GB Ram + AMD Phenom II x4 945 Processor at 3.00 GHz will run Arma 3 smoothly with high settings? Also, is 8GB of RAM sufficient for Arma3?

So u prefer z77 mobo?? Ok I'll get that I'm sorry I'm not bright at pc I just built the one I have and it was a success but I didn't knew much about processors

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 19:08 ----------

How about z series of Msi Asus and gb mobo ??

---------- Post added at 19:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

Btw how much can I oc the i5 3570 k

the motherboards with Z77 allow overclocking (Z68, P67 are older, but allow it as well, Z75 allows it too, misses some features) on the other type of motherboards you cant overclock the cpu at all.

A normal 3570 you can only overclock 400MHz, a 3570K is unlocked, it'll be limited by stability and heat. with good cooling most will do 4.5 to 4.8 Ghz, depending on the chip. you can always get very lucky or unlucky of course.

Msi asus and gigabyte are all good brands, I'd get a midrange board, one with a bit of "stuff" (capacitors, heatsink, that kind of stuff) around the cpu socket, so the board is hard to break when overclocking. the really cheap boards dont have enough around the socket to supply the cpu with the extra power, so they might break when the cpu draws it.

---------- Post added at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

Ive been wanting to try and play Arma 3 with realitvely high settings. My current specs struggled to run Arma 2 CO on higher settings. Even on regular settings, I would sometimes experience drops in FPS after I had been playing a CTI game for an extended time. I've been thinking about buying a new graphics card to replace the Windows 7 Home Premium default card (ATI Radeon HD 5450) with the ATI Radeon HD 5670. I don't have a ton of money to spend, but do you think the ATI Radeon HD 5670 + 8GB Ram + AMD Phenom II x4 945 Processor at 3.00 GHz will run Arma 3 smoothly with high settings? Also, is 8GB of RAM sufficient for Arma3?

I'd upgrade to a more powerfull gpu if I were you, doesnt have to cost that much more, how much space do you have in your case and what's your PSU (should be a sticker on it with a table telling you how much A on +12V)

So if I get i5 3570k with Msi z77a -g41 mother board ill be fine with oc and playing arma with ultra right

I'd get a Z77A-G45 if possible, it has more nonsense around the socket, def. wont break that with an overclock

or a G43, the 41 is the cheapest of them, always want to be one step from the cheapest :P

where I live the G43 and 41 cost about the same btw, no reason to go 41.

if you want to go with those bundles from microcenter I'd get the asus ASUS P8Z77-V thingy or the asrock one. those are decent boards, bit more expensive of course.

Edited by Leon86

43 works too, anyway, look for something with a heatsink next to the socket :)

well, looks like with microcenter the G45 is the cheapest "decent" board.

Edited by Leon86

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c03363664&prodSeriesId=5187022

This is my system, I haven't added or taken anything from it and wanted to know if i should be able to run arma 3 alpha faster than 15 fps on low settins in a 16 player MP match. Becuase currently im getting the shitty end of the deal here.

No offense man but I'd be grateful that Arma 3 splash screen loaded up with that system

how about MSI Z77A-G41 LGA 1155 ATX Intel Motherboard with i5 3570..is it good enough for oc..i do have water cooler h80i..u wouldnot mind buying what u recomended but unlucky me,i need to buy new ipone cuz my iphone that i bought off ebay is been blocked..i dont know it might be stolen...so i have to watch my budget...BEaware of scammers man

Hi all,

I am currently running on a Radeon HD 4300/4500 series and was wondering if i can run the game, it says you need a Radeon HD 3830 to run it and my cards number is higher than that but when i went to system requirements lab it says my graphics card is too weak. I can run arma 2 fine and all but i would really like to get arma 3. I know this is nooby, but can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance

how about MSI Z77A-G41 LGA 1155 ATX Intel Motherboard with i5 3570..is it good enough for oc..i do have water cooler h80i..u wouldnot mind buying what u recomended but unlucky me,i need to buy new ipone cuz my iphone that i bought off ebay is been blocked..i dont know it might be stolen...so i have to watch my budget...BEaware of scammers man

with that mobo and cpu combo you'll only be able to overclock 400 MHz, that's only 12% or something.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Hi all,

I am currently running on a Radeon HD 4300/4500 series and was wondering if i can run the game, it says you need a Radeon HD 3830 to run it and my cards number is higher than that but when i went to system requirements lab it says my graphics card is too weak. I can run arma 2 fine and all but i would really like to get arma 3. I know this is nooby, but can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance

compare gpu's here: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

there is some system to the naming, but it's not that consistent, better to just compare directly for specific types.

Hello, does anyone here has similar specs to mine and can tell me how Arma 3 alpha runs for him? What settings, how much fps you get? I think about buying it but i'm not sure if it would be playable on my hardware:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3GHz 6MB

HD 6850

6 GB of RAM

I can answer my own question - Arma 2 runs nicely enough for me to buy and enjoy it (i usually have 30-40 fps).

Notebook:

I have an ASUS K53SJ (EUROPE)

- Intel i3 @ 2,1ghz

- 16GB DDR3 (Corsair 2x8GB)

- GT520M 1GB VRam

want to buy the Notebook:

Asus N56VZ-

- Intel Core i7 3610QM, 2,3GHz,

- 8GB RAM,-> i would upgrade to 16 GB RAM (Corsair 2x8GB DDR3)

- 1TB HDD,

- NVIDIA GT650M,

it cost ~600 Euros/€

what do you think - is this upgrade good for ARMA3, or should i wait until the next Winter?

Edited by foofi

wonder why the 3970X does so well.

Cache and memory bandwidth (as someone in that thread mentioned).

I have an i7 920 @4.0ghz with a 5870.

I'm planning to upgrade to a GTX 670.

Anyone with spec close that (i7-920 4ghz w/ gtx670) tell me their frames?

Thank you

Edited by Conti027

want to buy the Notebook:

Asus N56VZ-

- Intel Core i7 3610QM, 2,3GHz,

- 8GB RAM,-> i would upgrade to 16 GB RAM (Corsair 2x8GB DDR3)

- 1TB HDD,

- NVIDIA GT650M,

it cost ~600 Euros/€

what do you think - is this upgrade good for ARMA3, or should i wait until the next Winter?

with those specs it should be able to handle the game, maybe not with all very high settings but it will be able to play it with a decent amount of fps. I have a ASUS G73JW and it runs arma 3 with very high settings.

specs for the G73JW

i7 *forgot which one is it* my wife uses it now for work, but it was at like 1.5gh and with turbo on it would go to either 3.7 or 4.0 ghz i will have to double check on that

win 7 64 home edition

8gb

gtx 460m

on arma 2 with everything on very high and view distance at 6k i would get about 30-40 fps on taki and 20-30 on chen

ok, thank you - right... i will see, today :)

i have lost the "Facebook light invites" for the alpha, hope i can get here a key.

with those specs it should be able to handle the game, maybe not with all very high settings but it will be able to play it with a decent amount of fps. I have a ASUS G73JW and it runs arma 3 with very high settings.

specs for the G73JW

i7 *forgot which one is it* my wife uses it now for work, but it was at like 1.5gh and with turbo on it would go to either 3.7 or 4.0 ghz i will have to double check on that

win 7 64 home edition

8gb

gtx 460m

on arma 2 with everything on very high and view distance at 6k i would get about 30-40 fps on taki and 20-30 on chen

Cache and memory bandwidth (as someone in that thread mentioned).

Kind of has to, still, you'd expect more difference between i5 760 and i7 930 and i5 2500k and i7 2600k if either was important.

I have an i7 920 @4.0ghz with a 5870.

I'm planning to upgrade to a GTX 670.

Anyone with spec close that (i7-920 4ghz w/ gtx670) tell me their frames?

Thank you

Hey Conti027, i have a similar setup and get around 30 to 60+ fps consistently but i don't really bother to check it right now as i'm sure when it has been patched up after a few months it will be much better. (specs in my sig for comparison) Settings are custom a mixture of high, very high and ultra..i just figure its too early to start playing with the settings too much right now but it's enjoyable.

I have PhII X4 955, GF GTX460. What framerate can I expect on medium details?

EDIT: I've got an invitation to Alpha Lite. I have around 35 fps :( with standard details (default). CPU load 55%, GPU load 35%. :eek:

Edited by TofoCZ

Try the alpha Lite version and see for yourself, I still have an invite left, if you send me a PM with your steam email I'll send it to you.

I am a very new pc gamer who has bought this game but would love to know how do you find out what fps you are getting while playing.

Thank you.

I am a very new pc gamer who has bought this game but would love to know how do you find out what fps you are getting while playing.

Thank you.

Use MSI Afterburner/Fraps/Dxtory or something similiar.

I have PhII X4 955, GF GTX460. What framerate can I expect on medium details?

EDIT: I've got an invitation to Alpha Lite. I have around 35 fps :( with standard details (default). CPU load 55%, GPU load 35%. :eek:

thats still playable, as long as everything runs smooth on your end and none of the AI or players are skipping across the screen then thats fine