Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

My bad, what I meant was graphic card... I have always used VGA, and find out now that apparently it isn't a proper name for it...

MyWholeLifeIsALie.jpeg

Yay!

Right, okay I get what you mean now. Strange though, my GPU is the most up-to-date part of my build, I was certain it would be the CPU that was the weak part.

So yeah, long time ArmA II user here, and here is the thing...

>CPU: i3 2120 ->Getting either a i5 2500k or i5 35XX equivalent (in a month or so)

>GPU: (HD5570) -> Getting either a HD6950 or EVGA GTX 560ti (in a few days).

>8 BG RAM 1333 running on Win 7 pro

>1TB 7200prm HDD

I know by a fact that I can't play all in ultra at 1080p, maybe on high fiddling with it (viewdistance, HDR, The new AA settings that seem to be heritage from ArmA II's AA settings). Having experience by tweaking ArmA II myself I have found that stuff like Takistan and empty maps do tent to run well, even with grass and a few settings in low end cards, HOWEVER I've been using the i3 2120, which AFAIK is one of the most eficient low range gamming processors due to it's raw power and dual core architecture that in most cases beat stuff like the AMD 4 core 955BE gaming wise, but now ArmA seem to utilize 4 cores more efficiently, so it seems that the low i3 might not be as good as it was with ArmA III.

I've been wondering what the i3 with a 560ti would do running at 1080p, I know it won't do ultra, or high AA or 2500+ viewdistances, however I wish to know if it would do well on reasonable high settings, at 4xAA, 2500 view distance, postprocessing or whatever effects are in effect at medium. I want to see if I can stretch this i3 to run it at 25 to 35 fps at 1080 with the 560ti, doesn't seem that impossible given the settings but I would like to hear from people who have the beta already and are playing the game right now.

(haven't bought the GFX or the game itself because I expend all my paycheck on a 1080p samsung TV to ... this and Watch_Dogs)

my specs,

17 3770

16 gb of ram

my fps can i get and what setting?

can anyone give me a clue?

>CPU: i3 2120 ->Getting either a i5 2500k or i5 35XX equivalent (in a month or so)

>1TB 7200prm HDD

I know by a fact that I can't play all in ultra at 1080p, maybe on high fiddling with it (viewdistance, HDR, The new AA settings that seem to be heritage from ArmA II's AA settings). Having experience by tweaking ArmA II myself I have found that stuff like Takistan and empty maps do tent to run well, even with grass and a few settings in low end cards, HOWEVER I've been using the i3 2120, which AFAIK is one of the most eficient low range gamming processors due to it's raw power and dual core architecture that in most cases beat stuff like the AMD 4 core 955BE gaming wise, but now ArmA seem to utilize 4 cores more efficiently, so it seems that the low i3 might not be as good as it was with ArmA III.

I've been wondering what the i3 with a 560ti would do running at 1080p, I know it won't do ultra, or high AA or 2500+ viewdistances, however I wish to know if it would do well on reasonable high settings, at 4xAA, 2500 view distance, postprocessing or whatever effects are in effect at medium. I want to see if I can stretch this i3 to run it at 25 to 35 fps at 1080 with the 560ti, doesn't seem that impossible given the settings but I would like to hear from people who have the beta already and are playing the game right now.

(haven't bought the GFX or the game itself because I expend all my paycheck on a 1080p samsung TV to ... this and Watch_Dogs)

I my experience AA is very light performance wise in this game, I can personally go from None to 8X with nothing more tha 8-10FPS loss (I'm playing at 1920x1080 too)...

View distance is the real problem for now, and this is especially true since it's pretty much all CPU work...

Yay!

Yeah i've been trying to get a alpha lite access, but you need to be invited by someone who has bought the alpha.

But thanks anyway for the respond.

Right, okay I get what you mean now. Strange though, my GPU is the most up-to-date part of my build, I was certain it would be the CPU that was the weak part.

The CPU is a weak part, but if you want to run at a reasonable resolution that gpu isn't going to cut it.

anyway, if you want to make sure you can monitor gpu use with msi afterburner. probably always near 100%

>1TB 7200prm HDD

I ram running an equivalent to yours

>i3 2120

>AMD 6950

>8GB ram

This game runs absoutely terrible for me, I`m talking 10-30 fps @1080p on the absolute minimum settings in uncrowded areas. I have ran gpu-z in the background and it appears as though my GPU is the bottleneck somehow.

First of all i want to say a "hi" to this community since this is my first post and i hope it wont be my last ^_^. I've never played Arma before but i think imma play this one. I've been around streaming channels for like 5-6 days watching ppl playing Arma 3 and i really like the game so far.I want to know tho if my PC is able to play it...Im planning on upgrading it in the next month or so but i want to know if my current desktop will be able to run it. So there is my specs :

Processor : intel®Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz 2.79 GHz

RAM : 4GB (3.50GB usable)

Graphic Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

I hope i'll pass the requirements cause i think the game has a lot of potentials to be a really bad-ass game xD

PS: The upgrade will have a 250GB SSD, 4GB RAM and a new graphics card

Tnx in advance for the replies !

First of all i want to say a "hi" to this community since this is my first post and i hope it wont be my last ^_^. I've never played Arma before but i think imma play this one. I've been around streaming channels for like 5-6 days watching ppl playing Arma 3 and i really like the game so far.I want to know tho if my PC is able to play it...Im planning on upgrading it in the next month or so but i want to know if my current desktop will be able to run it. So there is my specs :

I hope i'll pass the requirements cause i think the game has a lot of potentials to be a really bad-ass game xD

Welcome :)

Not going to be a good experience I'm afraid.

The GPU is really low end :(

Would need to know what the new card is going to be before telling you what to expect.

Yeah, a GTS250 isn't exactly high end, but it should run ok if you go for a really low resolution.

and I run the same cpu, but I overclocked it to 4.2, not sure how it would perform at stock speed.

My specs i5-2430m, Gt635m, 6GB ram. Windows 7.

Currently running the game on normal settings, but its very choppy at times (less than 20fps) depending on area of the map, number of players etc. Tried overclocking, didn't help much. Dropping down to low settings doesn't seem to make any difference at all actually. Do people expect the optimization in future updates will improve this? I mean on the level of 10+ FPS?

Thanks.

Yeah, a GTS250 isn't exactly high end, but it should run ok if you go for a really low resolution.

and I run the same cpu, but I overclocked it to 4.2, not sure how it would perform at stock speed.

I know that my graphic card is not high end but i hope i can run it even in low resolution for 2-3 weeks before i upgrade my PC. Tnx for both replies mates !

PS : This is the VGA i was thinking about : Amazon Link

Edited by KnuckleHead

ok i need quick suggestion...

this is my specs-

My PCs Specs

Operating System-Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

CPU-AMD FX-6300(6 core, 3.5ghz)now 4.5ghz OC

RAM-8.00 GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 709MHz

Graphics-AMD Radeon HD 7950 Series(1920x1080)

Hard Drives-466GB WL500GSA6472 ATA Device

Corsair H80i Water Cooler

here is the deal,due to lots of comments here about i7 3570 being better cpu,i decided to chage my cpu and mobo

im getting a deal in micro center for cpu + mobo..so which oe do u guys prefer???

HERE IS THE LINK

http://www.microcenter.com/site/brands/intel-processor-bundles.aspx

I know that my graphic card is not high end but i hope i can run it even in low resolution for 2-3 weeks before i upgrade my PC. Tnx for both replies mates !

PS : This is the VGA i was thinking about : Amazon Link

NOEEESS dont buy that. You'll want a real gpu for this game. the minimum to consider is a gtx650.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

here is the deal,due to lots of comments here about i7 3570 being better cpu,i decided to chage my cpu and mobo

im getting a deal in micro center for cpu + mobo..so which oe do u guys prefer???

HERE IS THE LINK

http://www.microcenter.com/site/brands/intel-processor-bundles.aspx

If you really want one of the bundle's I'd go for the one with the asrock extreme4, the cheaper boards you might break when stresstesting a big overclock.

You could also play at lower settings and lower fps, intel is most likely going to release new cpu's in June. So if you buy now your cpu will be outdated in 3 months. I'd just recommend to sit it out :)

Ok so if I get the one u suggested how much performance boost am I gonna get with my set up,right now I get 30-40 fps without recording.with dxtory and fraps I get 25-30 so is it worth getting i5 3570k

Hi mate, I have just about the same rig as you apart from mine is 64bit and 8GB of RAM. Same processor though and a GTX 660 ti GPU. I am getting terrible fps using whatever settings I choose. Would be interested to know what GPU you are getting and then what your performance is like in game.

If you need a pass for the Alpha lite send me a pm.

Hi mate, I have just about the same rig as you apart from mine is 64bit and 8GB of RAM. Same processor though and a GTX 660 ti GPU. I am getting terrible fps using whatever settings I choose. Would be interested to know what GPU you are getting and then what your performance is like in game.

I've just upgraded from an i5 750 and a 2gb 6950 GPU. I was averaging 38-70fps in MP. Personally I wouldn't want to play with much less, though I think you could get decent frames with a 660ti. Have you oc'd you i5 yet? Mine had a mild OC of 3.2GHz

NOEEESS dont buy that. You'll want a real gpu for this game. the minimum to consider is a gtx650.

Thanx matey ! Although from Here they say that the minimum gpu is a GTX260.

If you getting terrible fps with more ram and better gpu than me,then i guess i have to get an i7 or smth :P. I pmed you too for the lite pass xD

Forget minimum requirements for pretty much ALL games, they are completely off 90% of the times (by minimum it's normally meant "The game starts and doesn't look too much like a slideshow at 640x480 on Low")...

Yay!

How much fps boost I'm going to get if I get i53570 k compare to fx6300.id it's alot ill go buy i5 tomorrow need suggestion.i know guys here already told me about new processor coming out but I don't mind spending few on i5 right now

Forget minimum requirements for pretty much ALL games, they are completely off 90% of the times (by minimum it's normally meant "The game starts and doesn't look too much like a slideshow at 640x480 on Low")...

Yay!

Got your point :P ...Guess i'll have to get a gpu sooner than i expected xD so i have to spend aroun 500-550Euros for a SSD, 4GB ram and a gpu :P ...Fucking greek crisis xD

A gtx260 is about 4x as fast as a gt630.

the official minimum is lower than gtx260 btw.

compare cards here

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

How much fps boost I'm going to get if I get i53570 k compare to fx6300.id it's alot ill go buy i5 tomorrow need suggestion.i know guys here already told me about new processor coming out but I don't mind spending few on i5 right now

I've not seen any arma 3 tests out there. If the previous arma games are anything to go by

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2012/05/01/intel-core-i5-3570k-cpu-review/6

30% to 50% ? dunno.

but the problem with arma doesnt really seem to be the actual low fps, but the stutters, if those are fixed soon, might not need to upgrade. well, it's your money :)

Edited by Leon86

Ok thank you sir I guess I'll get i53570 with my sapphire 7950.hopefully I get to run it with everything maxed out depending on view distance right

3570K and Z77 mobo right? otherwise you cant overclock. The K version is essential for high overclocks.

So u prefer z77 mobo?? Ok I'll get that I'm sorry I'm not bright at pc I just built the one I have and it was a success but I didn't knew much about processors

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 19:08 ----------

How about z series of Msi Asus and gb mobo ??

---------- Post added at 19:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

Btw how much can I oc the i5 3570 k