Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

Hey, i'm right in between the decision will i buy arma 3 or not.

Game looks awesome and i'm worried i can't run the game properly with Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 Lite. All other parts meet recommendations though.

Can anybody tell how my computer would run it? What the game looks like with lowest settings?

Thanks.

/K120

If I were you I'd just wait three days for an Alpha Lite Invite...

Yay!

You probably need a one-core CPU at +25GHz in order to play this Alpha. It's indeed badly optimized.

Game runs with Intel HD Graphics 2000, but you won't be able to tell what game it is with how low you need the resolution...

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri (canyourunit.com) Gives a pretty accurate answer for almost any game out there for either minimum or recommended settings, and if you don't meet the requirements, then it recommends upgrades you could consider purchasing.

A pretty good site in my opinion worth utilizing. :D

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri (canyourunit.com) Gives a pretty accurate answer for almost any game out there for either minimum or recommended settings, and if you don't meet the requirements, then it recommends upgrades you could consider purchasing.

A pretty good site in my opinion worth utilizing. :D

I'm sorry to say this, but that site is total rubbish: it rarely identifies correctly your hardware, and it is based on the official system requirements, that are NEVER correct...

Yay!

nope, not even 10% probably. better off overclocking the 2500 a bit, if you have a P67, z68, z75 or z77 motherboard you can overclock to 100*(turbomultiplier+4) Mhz.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

and a 3930K is slower than a 3570K in arma, so it's pretty pointless for this game and most other games.

Possibly thinking about an overclock on my cpu is it worth it and how easey to do i can build a pc but never overclocked one thx guys.

WINDOWS 7

I5 -2500 3.3 GHZ

GTX 580

8GB DDR3

VELOCIRAPTOR 300 GB AND 120 GB

THERMALTAKE LEVEL 10 GT

MSI H67MA-E45-B3 H67 1155 Socket 8 Channel HD Audio mATX Motherboard

It is probably worth it, but do use a guide...

Yay!

I'm sorry to say this, but that site is total rubbish: it rarely identifies correctly your hardware, and it is based on the official system requirements, that are NEVER correct...

Yay!

Ok, thank you, i hope i get in the other Thread an Alpha Key and test it. I like the Level Design, its very nice i wanna play it on my Notebook.

I have an ASUS K53SJ (EUROPE)

- Intel i3 @ 2,1ghz

- 16GB DDR3 (Corsair 2x8GB)

- GT520M 1GB VRam

Ok, thank you, i hope i get in the other Thread an Alpha Key and test it. I like the Level Design, its very nice i wanna play it on my Notebook.

I have an ASUS K53SJ (EUROPE)

- Intel i3 @ 2,1ghz

- 16GB DDR3 (Corsair 2x8GB)

- GT520M 1GB VRam

Looks like you are more or less at the limit, I wouldn't count too much on good performance for now...

Yay!

Looks like you are more or less at the limit, I wouldn't count too much on good performance for now...

Yay!

ok i say for me :( because i wanna play and enjoy it.

But i say :) because this sets new dimensions and more new limits at the Softwaredesign for the future.

well, someone here is playing with an intel hd2000, so you should beat him :P

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit (6.0, Build 6002) - Service Pack 2

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Dell XPS420

BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A06

Processor: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz (4CPUs), ~ 2.33Ghz

Memory RAM: 3326MB RAM

Page File: 1960MB used, 4919MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

Direct X version: DirectX 11

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GTX 560

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Display Memory: 2385 MB

Current Display Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)

278 GB free HDD space

I've purchased the alpha, and when I'm in the editor with just a single unit to test my graphics out, my FPS is very fluid, and my settings, by default, are set mostly to high, with FXAA Standard, and most of the other options checked to be on and any settings are basically on high, apart from shadows which I've put to standard.

Now in the Arma3 Alpha editor previews, when I just have a single unit, this is fine, my FPS is very fluid and perfectly playable while still having great graphics. Switch over to the aircraft/helicopter showcase mission and my FPS plummets, it's essentially unplayable and lowering my settings dramatically doesn't seem to fix it.

I'm thinking the problem is the CPU, in that it's just too old and not powerful enough to display numerous units on screen, so would anyone suggest that I should aim to purchase and install a new CPU? I'm thinking the FPS is plummeting because the CPU can't handle all the units and vehicles in-game at one time?

Sorry, I don't know too much about computer hardware, I've read that the CPU is what manages how many things can be displayed on screen in a fluid way.

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit (6.0, Build 6002) - Service Pack 2

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Dell XPS420

BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A06

Processor: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz (4CPUs), ~ 2.33Ghz

Memory RAM: 3326MB RAM

Page File: 1960MB used, 4919MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

Direct X version: DirectX 11

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GTX 560

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Display Memory: 2385 MB

Current Display Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)

278 GB free HDD space

I've purchased the alpha, and when I'm in the editor with just a single unit to test my graphics out, my FPS is very fluid, and my settings, by default, are set mostly to high, with FXAA Standard, and most of the other options checked to be on and any settings are basically on high, apart from shadows which I've put to standard.

Now in the Arma3 Alpha editor previews, when I just have a single unit, this is fine, my FPS is very fluid and perfectly playable while still having great graphics. Switch over to the aircraft/helicopter showcase mission and my FPS plummets, it's essentially unplayable and lowering my settings dramatically doesn't seem to fix it.

I'm thinking the problem is the CPU, in that it's just too old and not powerful enough to display numerous units on screen, so would anyone suggest that I should aim to purchase and install a new CPU? I'm thinking the FPS is plummeting because the CPU can't handle all the units and vehicles in-game at one time?

Sorry, I don't know too much about computer hardware, I've read that the CPU is what manages how many things can be displayed on screen in a fluid way.

Generally speaking, good performance comes from a combination of both CPU and GPU: this Alpha release of ArmA III though is much more dependent on the CPU than the general game, meaning a lot of people with decent rigs can't run it well because they don't have a good enough or overclocked CPU...

Yay!

considering someone said canyourunit.com sucks, will someone please answer my post, the site told me yes, but i guess i dont believe it now. So could someone give me their opinion?

Processor: AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon9 HD Graphics 1.90GHz

RAM: 4GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating system, x64-based processor

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7640G

Highly doubt it

Edited by Dethklokin

considering someone said canyourunit.com sucks, will someone please answer my post, the site told me yes, but i guess i dont believe it now. So could someone give me their opinion?

Processor: AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon9 HD Graphics 1.90GHz

RAM: 4GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating system, x64-based processor

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7640G

Highly doubt it

Honestly man, I see you getting pretty bad frames seeming what your, what I'm guessing stock clock, CPU speed is, and if I'm correct that GPU is off the motherboard? I'm not usre but it seems like it. You need a better CPU, clocked at atleast 3Ghz and an actual graphics card, I'll say Nvidia because they have less problems with the game, even though ATI runs better with a AMD board.

Now my question to the group is whats a good AM3+ or AM3+ bus compatible CPU? I current'y have an AMD Phenom II X4 925 OC to 2.8Ghz, thats as far as I can push it without damaging it, I was looking at the FX-4170(4.2 Stock I belive) and the FX-6100 (3.3 Stock), I need to know any suggestions of which ones better or of another chip that will preform better in that price range. Specs in signature.

Edited by Bolano

Honestly man, I see you getting pretty bad frames seeming what your, what I'm guessing stock clock, CPU speed is, and if I'm correct that GPU is off the motherboard? I'm not usre but it seems like it. You need a better CPU, clocked at atleast 3Ghz and an actual graphics card, I'll say Nvidia because they have less problems with the game, even though ATI runs better with a AMD board.

Now my question to the group is whats a good AM3+ or AM3+ bus compatible CPU? I current'y have an AMD Phenom II X4 925 OC to 2.8Ghz, thats as far as I can push it without damaging it, I was looking at the FX-4170(4.2 Stock I belive) and the FX-6100 (3.3 Stock), I need to know any suggestions of which ones better or of another chip that will preform better in that price range. Specs in signature.

I have an FX4100 @ 3.6 GHz stock overclocked @ 4.3Ghz (and I could probably go over)...

Yay!

H67 chipset, he cant overclock the cpu.

Hi ive looked into my motherboard and theres an overclocking button on it (overclock genie ) would anyone recommend pressing it ???

Hi,

i ask myself, which DirectX Version of the Video System is supported? Btw Crysis3 wants an DirectX11 graphic card for the Minimum and dont Run on DX9 or DX10 Systems.

Hi ive looked into my motherboard and theres an overclocking button on it (overclock genie ) would anyone recommend pressing it ???
Personally I wouldn't press that button...
Hi,

i ask myself, which DirectX Version of the Video System is supported? Btw Crysis3 wants an DirectX11 graphic card for the Minimum and dont Run on DX9 or DX10 Systems.

This is a good question, as a wild guess I'd say a DirectX 11 VGA is not required...

Yay!

Generally speaking, good performance comes from a combination of both CPU and GPU: this Alpha release of ArmA III though is much more dependent on the CPU than the general game, meaning a lot of people with decent rigs can't run it well because they don't have a good enough or overclocked CPU...

Yay!

Right, so you're saying buying a brand new CPU would solve the problem of poor FPS with lots of units about.

Right, so you're saying buying a brand new CPU would solve the problem of poor FPS with lots of units about.
It will not exactly solve the problem, but it will certainly help in most situations: VGA remains important...

I wouldn't reccomend upgrading your rig at this stage of developement though: the game will get optimized better as time passes, and the final release could end up being playable even on systems that now have difficulties...

Yay!

Thank you Sergant Glptal,

now i hope to get an Alpha key to try Armor3.

Thank you Sergant Glptal,

now i hope to get an Alpha key to try Armor3.

You're welcome...

Just to ask, do you happen to see my signature?

Yay!

it wont, but an intel overclocked to 4,5ghz+ will help a lot.