Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

Guys, Report status. I just received my new i7 3770k replacing my old i5 760, and I just won 15 fps average ! Now the game is incredibly smooth anytime no matter what's going one, single or multiplayer ! I can even turn the AAX8 on !

I'm f**king happy about that, I knew the cpu was so important.

So to give you some comparaison between both, here are the results of the previous tests I did earlier in this topic, but with the new cpu.

The test lasts 60 secondes and use 2456km of view distance:

cpu | min | avg | max

i5 760 | 31 | 40,75 | 53

i7 3770k | 44 | 53,9 | 63

So in addition to give better performance during larger scale battles, changing the cpu also gives higher minimum and average fps. Hope you'll find this useful :)

Good to know that the game is playable with best CPU on the market right now.. :p

Also try OC, once you get some good and stable FPS this game is utterly awesome...

Yay!

That's true. This game has to run smooth to be fully apreciated !

Hey there,

I've been having this question for a long time, and i thought this was the best place to ask it.

For the ones that use Catalyst Control center, what settings do you have on your 3D application settings? I would love to know some settings that might boost some FPS, i am having a crossfire 7970 setup, which gives a good amount of FPS.

Though i would love to know if it is possible to get more out of it with tweaking some settings :)

With a double 7970 I doubt any of the Catalyst settings would grant you FPS...

Yay!

I am looking into a new laptop and wish to know which setting I will be able to play it on.

Processor:3rd gen i7-3630qm

8GB DDR3 Memory

Nvida Geforce Gt 675M

750 gig hard drive

(I am not bad with computers it just that the internals go over my head)

2500 is a acceptable draw distance. I would say no more than 4000. Any higher is overkill.

Good seeing 1st gen i5 being able to run the game.

I'm trying to get up to 60 fps on ultra preset, i'm around 30 or so right now but my gpu utilisation is like 50 % or so, should i just put it down to being an alpha and there not being good enough drivers yet / the game isn't well optimised yet? specs are i7 3770k, gtx 690 and 12 gig ram.

My specs are i7-920 2.7Ghz GF 260 4GB ram 5200RPM HDD and I get 25-45 FPS on Normal settings, textures to High. Sometimes I experience stutterings.

IMO alpha is optimised really great!

I want to buy a new pc especially for Arma3. I want it to run smoothly on DirectX11(above 50fps?) on full graphics and view distance on full hd monitor, in any in-game situation(Full scale battle).

On the other hand, I don't want to pay for a system that will exceed these needs.

What is your opinion?

Anyone knows how will we get/find BI's recommendation on this?

Thanks people!

P.S.: Since this is alpha version, is it possible for the Arma3 requirements to change in time?

Edited by Wardealer

I want to buy a new pc especially for Arma3. I want it to run smoothly on DirectX11(above 50fps?) on full graphics and view distance on full hd monitor, in any in-game situation(Full scale battle).

On the other hand, I don't want to pay for a system that will exceed these needs.

What is your opinion?

Thanks people!

P.S.: Since this is alpha version, is it possible for the Arma3 requirements to change in time?

Yes, but IMHO they will be lower in the final release...

Yay!

I want to buy a new pc especially for Arma3. I want it to run smoothly on DirectX11(above 50fps?) on full graphics and view distance

That's not going to happen.

But if you want to get the best possible performance get a 3570K, decent Z77 motherboard and a good cooler, so you can overclock the 3570K. On a fullhd screen I'd just stick with a single very powerfull gpu, like a 670, 680 or 7970 GHz.

Since arma only uses 3 cores effectively there is no point in getting anything over 3570K unfortunately, or fortunately, depends on the way you look at it ;)

What is your opinion?

Thanks people!

well if you have the coins look at dslyecxi PC http://dslyecxi.com/about-me/computer/

PD: Look how it runs on that monster: http://www.youtube.com/user/Dslyecxi

With my specs (see my sig), I can run the game on the ultra preset with about 30-40 fps and on the very high preset at 55 fps.

well if you have the coins look at dslyecxi PC http://dslyecxi.com/about-me/computer/

PD: Look how it runs on that monster: http://www.youtube.com/user/Dslyecxi

will perform better on a 3570K. seriously, there's no point to socket 2011 for gaming.

+1 as well as I'd grab two 670 4gb's rather than two 680 2gb's -especially at that resolution.

Win7

AMD A6-3620 APU processor with Radeon HD Graphics 2.20 GHz

Pegatron Corporation Motherboard

AMD Radeon HD 6530D Graphics or AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series

--- Not sure, both are on "Display Device Selection" (help)

6 GB ram

I used CPU-Z and system specs.

Hey guys,

So I have a pretty low-end system, that could use some tweaks. Only thing is that I don't know which thing to replace first, since my budget is limited.

r

AMD A8-3850 Llano 3Ghz -> I know this is a weak part, but core temp doesn't show very much load coming trough the processor while playing the game. The known bug I guess, so I don't know if this has priority or not?

8 GB of RAM.

AMD Radeon 6700 series -> I know this causes me problems, since it's the 'silent' edition, no fans. GPU temp going trough the roof according to MSI afterburner. Was thinking about replacing it with a CLUB3D AMD HD7870XT Jokercard / 2GB / GDDR5 / PCIe / ATI. Any thoughts on this card?

Low-Speed Hard-drive -> Already ordered an Samsung SSD 128 GB

Any help would be appreciated, especially if a new processor is needed (given the low CPU optimization at this moment.)

Please remember that I'm on a low-budget here, and can't really replace everything at the same time.

Thanks in advance,

Juicy87

I'm going to buy a new pc for A3

I thought about an i5-2500k with an SAPPHIRE HD7850 or an GTX 660 with 8g ram and of course with an SSD

I'm playing at 1366x768 resolution(My monitors native resolution..)

How well would it run?

At that resolution, with those specs, pretty well... I have a similar configuration and run between High and Ultra at 20 to 40 FPS @ 1920x1080...

If I may give you advice: get a good FullHD monitor, and go for a 7870...

Yay!

I'm going to buy a new pc for A3

I thought about an i5-2500k with an SAPPHIRE HD7850 or an GTX 660 with 8g ram and of course with an SSD

I'm playing at 1366x768 resolution(My monitors native resolution..)

How well would it run?

should run well.

not a big fan of can you run it, what's your cpu and gpu? you should be able to find that out.

Would this specs be able to run arma 3 with 30+ fps ??

Intel® Core™ i5-3570K Processor

Geforce GTX 460 Voltage Tweak Edition

4GB Ram DD3

For those curious bargain laptop gamers:

Intel i3 M370 2.4 GHz

Nvidia GT 520M 1GB VRAM

4GB RAM

5200RPM Seagate HDD

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

8-20fps on lowest settings 800x600 resolution

I consider this barely playable, but im a very patient man when it comes to performance and this is an alpha.

For those curious bargain laptop gamers:

Intel i3 M370 2.4 GHz

Nvidia GT 520M 1GB VRAM

4GB RAM

5200RPM Seagate HDD

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

8-20fps on lowest settings 800x600 resolution

I consider this barely playable, but im a very patient man when it comes to performance and this is an alpha.

Your CPU and HHD are the things that let you down, 5400 Segate is going to be super slow and if you upgraded the CPU and left the HHD for a week or two you would still notice poor game performance. Not sure of the prices, but i do know laptop stuff costs more than desktop parts.