Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

I'm OCing my HD7850, let's hope FPS rise a bit... Are clouds that heavy on performance?

Yay!

Running on HD 7850 stock clocks, MP is stuttery but I'm getting solid frames in SP (haven't measured yet but its smooth as with some 50 fps), what is your CPU?

i7-930 (slightly overclocked above 3GHZ)

6GB ram

GTX 670 2GB Ram

Might wait to see how optimization works out, or get an upgrade to CPU/MB. What ever comes first.

Will my laptop run the game on high settings?

Here's the specs:

Sager laptop

Windows 7 home premium 64 bits

i7-3630QM

Radeon HD 6990m 2gb

8gb RAM

weird yesterday was in multiplayer and gpu and cpu usage was bellow 50% getting >30 fps...

weird yesterday was in multiplayer and gpu and cpu usage was bellow 50% getting >30 fps...

same here..always low usage and very low fps despite the settings

specs are : i5-3570k @ 4.6 | hd 7950 @ 1150/1450 | 16 gb Crucial ballistix sports vlp ddr3 @ 1866 | 1080p | SSD/RAMdisk no difference..there are some places where its "smooth" but some areas..in my eyes..most of the map is kinda unplayable for me..with wasteland mod its the worst..like arma 2 :-/

Edited by Chronos

With an OCd CPU and VGA I won the Scuba showcase (was an awesome run) with 20 min and 40 max...

To all, put that FXAA setting on Ultra! All other options (Off too) totally blur the image (try changing the option ingame and you'll see what I'm meaning)... Also, put ATOC on...

Yay!

Hey, I'll quote myself from old thread and answer the question:

"Graphic card: ASUS HD3850 512ddr3 (it's ati/amd radeon) with shader 4.1 and dx10.1 support.

Processor: Intel E2180 dual core (2,2ghz)

Ram: 6gb ddr2

Motherboard: ASUS P5K

Game run even when my processor was 2ghz, not 2,4 minimal requirements. I could run the game smooth on single player lowest graphic settings and lowest draw distance, but in MP grass and higher view distance are forced, so my game was lagging and fps were dropping, sometimes drastically. Additionally I couldn't host games, because AI were not opening fire in MP (in SP everything worked fine). I've got today my intel core 2 duo Q9300 and I can run game on medium (standard) details smooth, but I can play with "high" or even "very high/ultra" texture settings, probably thanks to my 6gb ram. FPS are dropping when I'm looking at the forest or many vegetation from close distance, lowering graphic settings even to minimum doesn't help. Overall I'm happy with current optimization of the game. My PC is 6 years old and can run the game fine. Recently I bought to it only 4gb ddr2 memory so I have 6gb total now, and today new processor arrived. I'm waiting for graphic card, second radeon 3850 so I'll try the game in crossfire (I'll see if it works, if not hopefully to see some support for it soon :P). For second graphic card and new processor I havent paid more than 50euro total. Cheers!

Hey, I'll quote myself from old thread and answer the question:

Game run even when my processor was 2ghz, not 2,4 minimal requirements. I could run the game smooth on single player lowest graphic settings and lowest draw distance, but in MP grass and higher view distance are forced, so my game was lagging and fps were dropping, sometimes drastically. Additionally I couldn't host games, because AI were not opening fire in MP (in SP everything worked fine). I've got today my intel core 2 duo Q9300 and I can run game on medium (standard) details smooth, but I can play with "high" or even "very high/ultra" texture settings, probably thanks to my 6gb ram. FPS are dropping when I'm looking at the forest or many vegetation from close distance, lowering graphic settings even to minimum doesn't help. Overall I'm happy with current optimization of the game. My PC is 6 years old and can run the game fine. Recently I bought to it only 4gb ddr2 memory so I have 6gb total now, and today new processor arrived. I'm waiting for graphic card, second radeon 3850 so I'll try the game in crossfire (I'll see if it works, if not hopefully to see some support for it soon :P). For second graphic card and new processor I havent paid more than 50euro total. Cheers!

you should get a single more powerful card instead of crossfire/sli.

Just wondering if I can run this decently.

I run games like Tera, Blacklight Retribution, etc on medium to high settings.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz

4GB ram

8800 GTS 512

Just wondering if I can run this decently.

I run games like Tera, Blacklight Retribution, etc on medium to high settings.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz

4GB ram

8800 GTS 512

resolution?

1360x768 I believe it's 16:9

you should be able to run it on "standard" settings also you can tweak a lot of stuff if your fps are low.

you should be able to run it on "standard" settings also you can tweak a lot of stuff if your fps are low.

Thank you.

Didn't want to buy the game and find out I wasted that amount of money. hehe.

TY again =]

you should get a single more powerful card instead of crossfire/sli.

I know, point is I would need to spend more money to buy better gfx than I have right now, additionally I have bad experience with my last processor bottlenecking my graphic card, I don't think my new cpu would handle much better graphic card well. I had a chance to buy second 3850 very cheap, I'll see the results with arma3 especially when I'm playing on high resolution (1920x1080) and ati graphic card in crossfire love high resolutions. If crossfire is/will be supported by Arma3 then I have chance to have performance increased by even 40, or 60 %. I was expecting to run smooth Arma 3 on lowest details, with grass on and slightly better view distance. I can run it already with medium details, which was unexpected by me. :) But I agree, 1 better gfx > 2 graphic cards in sli/crossfire.

I want to upgrade my vid card, right now its a GT440 DDR3, whats a good DDR3 video card that would run arma 3 the best?

cba reading through all the pages i just want to say this it doesnt matter how much RAM your system has Arma III is still a 32-bit application which means it can not use more than 2 GB of RAM, obviously the more you have the faster your system will be but just because you might have 6,12 or even 24GB of RAM dont expect Arma to run better because of RAM.

Reason for this comment

Saw many threads asking if more RAM will make Arma run better

cba reading through all the pages i just want to say this it doesnt matter how much RAM your system has Arma III is still a 32-bit application which means it can not use more than 2 GB of RAM, obviously the more you have the faster your system will be but just because you might have 6,12 or even 24GB of RAM dont expect Arma to run better because of RAM.

Reason for this comment

Saw many threads asking if more RAM will make Arma run better

I think I read a post from one the devs saying ArmA III won't be 64bit but WILL be Large Adress Aware (meaning it's not going to be locked RAM wise)...

Yay!

I want to upgrade my vid card, right now its a GT440 DDR3, whats a good DDR3 video card that would run arma 3 the best?

look at mine, getting old but runs the game pretty well.

What can expect with this specs?

GPU: MSI ''AMD Radeon 7750 MSI OC 1GB/DDR5/HDMI/DVI/128bit/R7750-PMD1GD5/OC V2

CPU: AMD CPU FM2 AMD Athlonâ„¢ II X4 Quad-Core 740, 3.20GHz BOX 32nm

RAM: Patriot Memory DIMM DDR3 2GB 1333MHz Patriot Signature, PSD32G13332, Silicon Power Memory DIMM DDR3 4GB 1333MHz Silicon Power, CL9 SP004GBLTU133V

On 1600x900.

On game-debate says

CPU

100%

GPU

100%

RAM

100%

I think I read a post from one the devs saying ArmA III won't be 64bit but WILL be Large Adress Aware (meaning it's not going to be locked RAM wise)...

Yay!

I hope that happens it would make the world of difference to performance

Hello everyone, i'd like to know if my laptop can run the game on at least medium settings (1920x1080 resolution) before buying the game.

Here's the specs:

Sager laptop

i7-3630QM 4-Core 2.4GHz

Radeon HD 6990m 2gb

8gb RAM

what you guys think?

appreciate the help.

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor

8GB DDR3 RAM

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

GeForce GTX 560 (Palit; 2048MB)

I can only play on Standert WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

What can expect with this specs?

GPU: MSI ''AMD Radeon 7750 MSI OC 1GB/DDR5/HDMI/DVI/128bit/R7750-PMD1GD5/OC V2

CPU: AMD CPU FM2 AMD Athlonâ„¢ II X4 Quad-Core 740, 3.20GHz BOX 32nm

RAM: Patriot Memory DIMM DDR3 2GB 1333MHz Patriot Signature, PSD32G13332, Silicon Power Memory DIMM DDR3 4GB 1333MHz Silicon Power, CL9 SP004GBLTU133V

On 1600x900.

On game-debate says

CPU

100%

GPU

100%

RAM

100%

I'd bet Standard to Low
Hello everyone, i'd like to know if my laptop can run the game on at least medium settings (1920x1080 resolution) before buying the game.

Here's the specs:

Sager laptop

i7-3630QM 4-Core 2.4GHz

Radeon HD 6990m 2gb

8gb RAM

what you guys think?

appreciate the help.

That VGA is quite a bootleneck for the CPU...
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor

8GB DDR3 RAM

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

GeForce GTX 560 (Palit; 2048MB)

I can only play on Standert WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Because it's not yet optimized for most hardware combinations and, up until now, excessively CPU dependent... Did you try OCing? I gained about 10-15 fps that way...

Also remember to keep the two distance sliders to low values, they really are performance hogs...

Speaking of Overclock, what do you think?

AMD FX4100 @ 4.3Ghz (3.6Ghz stock)

ATI Radeon HD7850 @ 1020Ghz core 1280Ghz Memory (900Mhz and 1250Mhz stock respectively)...

With those specs it seems stable, even though I'm trying to get the VGA core clock up to 1050Mhz, but the drivers with that frequency keep crashing after 10-15 minutes in game...

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

Guys, Report status. I just received my new i7 3770k replacing my old i5 760, and I just won 15 fps average ! Now the game is incredibly smooth anytime no matter what's going one, single or multiplayer ! I can even turn the AAX8 on !

I'm f**king happy about that, I knew the cpu was so important.

So to give you some comparaison between both, here are the results of the previous tests I did earlier in this topic, but with the new cpu.

The test lasts 60 secondes and use 2456km of view distance:

cpu | min | avg | max

i5 760 | 31 | 40,75 | 53

i7 3770k | 44 | 53,9 | 63

So in addition to give better performance during larger scale battles, changing the cpu also gives higher minimum and average fps. Hope you'll find this useful :)

Also try OC, once you get some good and stable FPS this game is utterly awesome...

Yay!