Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

Completely unplayable with any buildings in sight with the specs in my sig.

Seems strange, are you sure it's not an hardware or software fault?

Yay!

What do you mean "unplayable"? Slow down? Texture Loss? Settings?

*cough details*

Had a quick go before in the editor all high to very high post is off 3000 view distance and it idles around 28 fps with highs of 41when flying.

15 2500 3.3ghz

Gtx 580

8g ddr3

X2 raptor hdd

Windows 7

23" monitor

Thermaltake level 10 gt

Im going to do a view vids on youtube

Check me out (kevin hughes)

I just bouth the alpha on steam will try it when i get home, so how it will run on my pc

GTX 460 1Gb

4 RAM DDR3

I5 3330

Resolution: 1440x900

Any suggestions for this type of system?

i7 3770K @4.4

GTX 670

16GB ram

1920x1200

So far High preset gave me pretty decent experience but getting occasional drops here and there. Autodetect failed completely for me, it sets settings too high.

@Leopardi this guy has lower specs than u and the game runs very well.

So, has anybody tried running this on Windows XP? Technically it's not supported in Arma III but I'm wondering what the results are.

Here's a short video i made check my specs in the description the game runs great on high to very high . ive got another one uploading to.

So, has anybody tried running this on Windows XP? Technically it's not supported in Arma III but I'm wondering what the results are.

gotta have dx11, so unless there's a hacked version of dx11 for xp it's impossible.

It runs pretty good on my i5-750 on 4.2 Ghz, even with low framerates it's decently smooth, and I can have high framerates as long as I keep the viewdistance at 2K or something. Towns seem the heaviest on the cpu, always been the case with arma of course.

Edited by Leon86

Anywhere from 45-60FPS during first load and around 10 minutes in before some random FPS dropping bug occurs. After 10 minutes the framerate drops slowly and slowly until you are down into the near single digits.

I play completely maxed out. max draw distance etc, 8xAA FXAA-Ultra, everything on Ultra/Very High

i7-3770k Overclocked

16GB G.Skill Ram 1.75Ghz

AMD Sapphire 7950 Overclocked

Corsair H80 Watercooling

MSI Z77A-GD65

Night vision drops me to around 30fps.

Probably some memory problems due to the Alpha state of the game...

Anybody knows what the Atoc setting is, and if it's worth keeping it on?

Yay!

I have this really old PC that I'm using for several years now. I'm gonna build myself a new PC later this year so do you think I'll be able to play ARMA 3 alpha till I get my new PC?

My specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit (Build 7600)

Intel Core2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 3110.81 MHz (296.27 * 10.5)

MSI P43-C51 Motherboard

Radeon HD 4850 512 MB GDDR3 DirectX Version : 10.1 GPU

4096 MB DDR3 RAM

Maybe on Low at low resolutions?

Yay!

I have this really old PC that I'm using for several years now. I'm gonna build myself a new PC later this year so do you think I'll be able to play ARMA 3 alpha till I get my new PC?

My specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit (Build 7600)

Intel Core2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 3110.81 MHz (296.27 * 10.5)

MSI P43-C51 Motherboard

Radeon HD 4850 512 MB GDDR3 DirectX Version : 10.1 GPU

4096 MB DDR3 RAM

A3 doesnt seem much more demanding on the system. Should run at appropriate settings.

If I can play it that's enough for me now because I really want to try alpha. It looks great with all these new features. Thanks for the answer.:)

I'll start by saying just how good the alpha looks and I can therefore understand that its demanding on a PC. I've also seen the issues with CPU usage and Steam and will try these fixes later, when I'm back on my home computer.

Looking through this thread there's a lot of awesome (and expensive :eek:) systems, and I thought I had a reasonable one myself. However this alpha has seriously questioned that (that's a good thing I guess, means a better game :) )

My computer consists of:

Intel i5 3570k 3.4GHZ

Sapphire 7950 3GB OC

8GB RAM

When playing the Alpha yesterday, Ultra/Very High and High decimated my computer, I was getting 7fps on High. I then tried Standard and got a steady 40fps with it jumping to 30 in towns. Is this about right for this game currently, seems odd that I can't even play with anything on high. I understand its an alpha and performance will increase but I did expect a bit more :D

Edited by ItsTehShadow
Typos :)

You could try OCing your CPU a bit, but I'm pretty sure the engine isn't optimized for the broadest range of possibile configurations yet...

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

You could try OCing your CPU a bit, but I'm pretty sure the engine isn't yet optimized for the broadest range of possibile configurations yet...

Yay!

Thanks Gliptal,

Yeh, I'm not basing everything on this Alpha, but I do hope I can run on high after BI has had time to optimize it a bit more using all our comments :)

Try to turn off AA and set view distance to 2000. Also try to turn down post-processing.

Thanks Gliptal,

Yeh, I'm not basing everything on this Alpha, but I do hope I can run on high after BI has had time to optimize it a bit more using all our comments :)

You're welcome, but boy my grammar's terrible...
Try to turn off AA and set view distance to 2000. Also try to turn down post-processing.
Also shadows are quite the perfomance hog...

Yay!

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor

4GB DDR3 RAM

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

GeForce GTX 560 (Palit; 2048MB)

I already bought this Game.

I Just can play it on "Standert"

What i need to upgrade.

SRY for my Bad English

Can anyone tell my what graphics preference I can play on?

CPU: Intel Core i5 760 2.80GHz

Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D-E

Ram: 4GB DDR3

GPU: GeForce GTX670 2GB.

Edited by Altrac