Sign in to follow this  
MarcusJClifford

Resistance dedicated server 1.88 beta

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ Oct. 23 2002,01:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A few of my players had this problem, so I investigated. I remote controlled their PCs and found their OFP directory was infested with unofficial addons, in both OFP\Addons\ and OFP\Res\Addons

I removed these and reconnected him to Gameplanet, not only are these error messages gone, his game runs more smoothly and no longer crashes to desktop.<span id='postcolor'>

All unofficial addons are in a seperate -mod directory, not one is in the \addons or \res\addons folders... As the only addons I use are part of the nescessary addons pack for both of the two servers I usually play on, removing all the addons is not really an option.

I understand that you might not want to have no addons.

Please remove all addons and then try and see if this resolves the messages you were talking about.

Then if you see that the errors stop you know it is due to the addons and you can put the addons back.

edit: I do not know why it would complain about addons in a mod directory though, unless it scans all directories for .pbo files?

These stupid dedicated servers suck, i cant even install them, can't you bring out proper 1.88 patches instead of this crap. These stupid things fix nothing anyway.

Had a game last night with 24-28 players on a Texas based server (stoners house of pancakes) running the latest server 1.88 patch and on my 56k modem here in the UK.

I had a ping of 200-270 and a great game, hardly any lag great, re-spawning choppers taking us back into the action on death respawn. 14 players a side it was some fun capture and hold.

Very impressed for a 56ker

Great work BIS!

I think this belongs more to MP forum. Old news now, anyway. wink.gif