Sign in to follow this  
HeroesandvillainsOS

Is it normal for AI teammates not to get a "red sign" when injured in MP?

I'm just trying to troubleshoot this but just want to make sure this isn't an intentional game design first.

In the SP editor, if I pull out a pistol and shoot one of my grouped AI teammates in the leg, after a second his Fkey box will turn a red color indicating he is injured and needs to be healed.

The very same mission(s) in MP, when I do the same thing, although I'll see the injury icon in the center of the screen when I walk up to him, the box will never turn red, even though he is actually hurt and needs healing.

Originally I thought a medic script I had was the problem, but even after removing it nothing has changed.

I haven't troubleshooted this enough to try without mods or anything (NOTE: I do not use ACE or any medical mods), so I just wanted to ask if this was done on purpose (or maybe I'm missing a setting?) or if I actually do have a "problem."

you should not shoot team mates in MP :lol:  or this will happen https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/sideEnemy

think this normal because in MP you will be treated as "renegade" and you do switch to the side ENEMY, so yes you wont see any signs he is wounded because you do not longer belong to his side!

if you shoot them further they will start to kill you a soon they see you, even after you respawn

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

you should not shoot team mates in MP :lol:  or this will happen https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/sideEnemy

think this normal because in MP you will be treated as "renegade" and you do switch to the side ENEMY, so yes you wont see any signs he is wounded because you do not longer belong to his side!

if you shoot them further they will start to kill you a soon they see you, even after you respawn

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

He's shooting them once in the leg, and if he's expecting them to be healed then I highly doubt they're dead. Your post has nothing to do with what the OP is asking about as that behaviour is a ) expected, and b ) happens in SP too.

Have you tried getting a SITREP from your AI? (` then 5 - 5 (ALL: Report Status). Does that cause the injured AI to sound off as injured, and in turn make his icon go red?

you should not shoot team mates in MP :lol: or this will happen https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/sideEnemy

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

He's shooting them once in the leg, and if he's expecting them to be healed then I highly doubt they're dead. Your post has nothing to do with what the OP is asking about as that behaviour is a ) expected, and b ) happens in SP too.

Have you tried getting a SITREP from your AI? (` then 5 - 5 (ALL: Report Status). Does that cause the injured AI to sound off as injured, and in turn make his icon go red?

I think we all are actually on the same page here. I could actually see what Maquez is saying that perhaps because of the "friendly becomes your enemy" coding when shot, that maybe the entire set up is different in MP than it is in SP. But I don't honestly know which is why I started the thread.

But just to clear this up a bit, I'm only shooting my teammate to test this, not because I actively want to harm my players.

I play MP alone with AI. In SP, when hurt, I see a red icon on the Fkey display indicating to me that this player needs to be healed. I find this efficient enough because seeing the red icon allows me to quickly order my medic to do his job. In MP, the icon never turns red so it's a guessing game for me. I have to physically walk up to the teammate to know if he's hurt or not and that SUCKS.

I also suspect this is why any automedic scripts only work in SP. I have a suspicion that the scripts are somehow designed to tap into the same coding that turns the OSD red. No red OSD = no auto heal with any auto heal script.

I just want my medic to do his job so I can focus on more important things like leading my team. In MP it's a guessing game and I hate it.

I have not tried asking them all to report their status. I'll try that but this doesn't need to be done at all in SP. When they get hurt it's as clear as day because their Fkey icon turns red. I'm just wondering why in MP it doesn't and maybe it's like Maquez said, a safe guard put in place by BIS to keep friendly fire down in MP matches. I don't know if that's true or not but if so it sucks and my AI team suffers for it.