Sign in to follow this  
alleycat

New font is jagged.

I dont like the new font, it appears to have no antialiasing although I have MSAA on an ultra setting. But the letters are still jagged. Is that a known bug or intended to look like this?

I dont like the new font, it appears to have no antialiasing although I have MSAA on an ultra setting. But the letters are still jagged. Is that a known bug or intended to look like this?

To me, what your describing is what the current font on Stable looks like, however, the new font on Dev Branch is quite the opposite, it's pleasing on the eye and actually makes using the front end so much better.

But like life, everything is subjective.  

Nooooo xd. The new font is the opposite of pleasing to the eye. It hurts my eyes trying to read it. Not to mention how weird it looks in-game, it is like taking the old font and squishing it into a space half the size before making it look slightly more old fashioned.

I agree, new font is too blurry and too condensed on my 19" 1280x1024 with Normal UI size (Russian language). It hurts my eyes. Is it possible to roll back to old fonts?

Does your font not look like this?  I don't see a problem with mine.  1920x1080 and small interface size.

ltbOXKz.jpg

• Like 1

On 1920x1080 it looks good enough even on very small interface size (for me). But on 1280x1024 resolution (my bro's pc), small and very small interface size is a pain to read.

Other than that slight problem, I really like the numbers on the new font, it's finally easy to distinguish 6 and 8. Preferred the letters on the old font though (mix of old font letters, and new font numbers would've been perfect), but gonna get used to it.

I love the new fonts, must say needed to get used to it in the beginning.