giallustio

Iron Front in Arma 3

Great this is project is still chugging Along Gunter i'm patentily waiting for it to get stable. and for a new computer. (same guy who commented on your youtube)

IFA3 wont be updated anymore, there is another project in the works for it, all i can tell you.

@Lolser1

Your versions are latest, and with IFA3WarMod the katyusha works fine for me.

If your using my mod please use this thread to ask questions: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/184291-ifa3warmod-release/

for IFA3 in general ask here.

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply I've no idea then what the problem is because in the katyusha artillery computer it just says cannot fire no matter where I click must be a conflict somewhere

If your getting the artillery computer, then nothing is broke, either your not understanding how it works or you need ammo, but what you need to do is make sure you choose the

distance/mode which is the ring that shows on the map.

It will expand based on close, middle/med, and far, when you choose a target then basically you place the cursor within the ring, once you do that, the fire button will light up.

Also once that fire button lights up which will be at the top, look down below and make sure theres ammo.

I'll send up a video later. I can use the artillery computer but the only ammo type and distance options are called bm13 and even if I click within the range circle it just says cannot fire. Once again thanks for quick reply

I would like to detect when the bridge in the baranow map is destroyed but I can't seem to find the class name for the segments. (it's the bridge that is build on top of the boats, not sure what they are called in english)

does anyone know?

I would like to detect when the bridge in the baranow map is destroyed but I can't seem to find the class name for the segments.

Should say in the eden editor through the config viewer i think, idk

In the @IF addons folder is a pbo named ponton_bridge.pbo

try ponton_bridge for a classname, beyond that idk.

@Lolser1

Thanks for posting that video, I do not have the same myself, the mode i get is close, middle and far, and have no issues.

What is the date on the file named lib_wheeled.pbo in your @IF  addons folder, it should be 7/29/2015 and the size 239mb

i have a problem: in the first german mission, in the test range, in order to pass the training i have to throw a granade but there is an invisible wall all around me that block the granade. every time i throw one it drop near my feet and kill me. HELP pls

Even if you got past that, you wont get to much further as theres supposed to be a plane that flies overhead gets shot down and enemy troops parachute out, thing is the plane crashes

before that happens and the mission wont progress, the campaign has those couple of bugs, further then that idk, but overall the campaign needs to be updated and fixed for those issues.

Consider that the campaign was converted and ported to arma3 along with IF, the campaign was never updated or addressed in terms of possible bugs or issues, these issues will occur if you port

IF missions to IFA3 you will get bugs or things clipping, objects underground or functions and triggers not working, it really depends, i plan on looking into it myself but have not had the

chance of late, but that is the issue the campaign needs to be updated.

Alan best send these to Kju, or Gaillustio which i think he has these already, i already have what you sent me last year but idk how to get them ingame.

I have passed my info on to as many modders as possible both in IF2 and IF3 in the hope that it can be included in one or all of the mods. It looks like the sounds and skins are going to come out in the next version of Etheridge's excellent IF2 mod, which is fantastic.

Thanks

Alan

Hello,

Thank you for creating a WW2 mod for Arma3. This looks awesome. Now how do I aquire this mod? Do I need to purchase the full version of Iron Front on Steam? Or is there a mod to download for Arma3?

If you need playtester I'm part of a large community who also plays Arma3 coop.

Hello, welcome to Bis forums!
Iron front in Arma3 requires Iron front the stand alone game, it is a mod but in order for you to get the mod you are basically converting your own Iron front game to a mod by a process of conversion.

I have a tutorial (link in my sig) that you can follow that will guide you through the process, has all the required files, as well as patches needed. Hope that helps.

Hello WW2 Folks , ;D

can somebody help me with the installation ?

thx for help 

Greetings 

MrFies

Dont need the lite version, IFA3 on server is same setup as it is on your own machine for SP.

Hello Gunter,

Then you can play with the Lite version 1.13 and 1.15 full version on the same server .

As I read on IF Fan Forum , will leave a new version Lite or has already come out , you know something.

Thanks again for the reply Gunter the pbo is only 568 bytes and the date is 30/4/2016

@MrFries see the link in my sig for installation tutorial.

As I read on IF Fan Forum , will leave a new version Lite or has already come out , you know something.

New lite version is not what you think it is, yes there is a lite version but it works along with another version that is to replace IFA3 altogether and no it has not been released yet, I really cant give out info to this new project

that is going on you will all have to wait to Kju gives the word, and yes Kju is back and working along with many others, it will only get good ;)

Thanks again for the reply Gunter the pbo is only 568 bytes and the date is 30/4/2016

Welcome, the size is wrong, you sure you have the correct file it should be lib_wheeled.pbo this file and size----> http://prntscr.com/azi6km

Hi Gunter, 

Any news on the MP version of the war mod being released?

Also, would it be possible to get a DC3 in the pack?

Cheers man 

Hi Maj.Boggie

I'm working on getting the Mp version released sometime today, atm im working on a small patch for IFA3WarMod which will be out soon.

As for a DC3 you'll need to find one, remember my mods are compilation mods, if I knew how to make any content that would be amazing but WarMods are just compilations.

Hi Gunter,

Ahh ok i didnt know that, but if you release today or tomorrow that would be super awesome!! 

Gunter thanks for the reply and thanks for the new content WarmodSA is fantastic .

is good news , 
when this new version is released  , we will test the server, combining players with the Full version and the Lite version and see what it going

Does anyone know why the US don't show up in the Eden Editor? i can click them, but can't place them on the map. Also In Eden, their group is in the Opfor section but the individual unit is in Independent.

Gunter, 

I think hes referring to the Lite Version of IF, 

From my perspective i imagine it will as the lite version just dulls down the textures (I think)

@Unleashthepain

Welcome to Bis forums!

For your question I get the same, thing, and I think the recent arma3 updates have screwed up the factions as the US faction I can recall never had issues with, i actually just noticed the

issue last weekend, here im trying to place a squad with zues for the us and they wont place, and now their under the other factions too, so I thinks it arma3 updates screwing

with something, consider it a new bug to IFA3.

I been talking with Dutch Grenadier through PM.

In other IFA3 news, my IFA3WarMod MP version is planned to release for the weekend, today I believe it should be tested today by a realism unit lead by Shermantor, as he said he would and do a video review of the mod.

Mp version works fine for me, once testing is done and get the good word then i will create a release thread here in the IF section and on IF Fan forums.

Any questions about my IFA3WarMod, IFA3WarModSA, and the Mp version soon to release please use the threads for them.