giallustio

Iron Front in Arma 3

Not tested, I'm working on it, but it will require a lot of time since i'm working alone

Not tested, I'm working on it, but it will require a lot of time since i'm working alone

When I run cup it says it requires AiA, there are AiA files in the mod.

Ok.

Your download is corrupted most likely, because none of CUP addons depend on AIA directly, although there might be some compatibility patches here and there to avoid breaking user made content.

@chairborne

IF has its own AiA files and i think they're not compatible at the moment, i've to replace them with cup.

• Like 1

@chairborne

IF has its own AiA files and i think they're not compatible at the moment, i've to replace them with cup.

Is there a way to update this mod without using those exe files, they never work for me.

Nope, what's the problem?

They refuse to work, saying my mod files are corrupted or do not exist. Don't worry about it, i'm probably doing something wrong.

Did you try this:

If the exe won't patch your game, try the follow:

- be sure to have the mods in the A3 folder
- unzip the exe
- copy the unzipped exe inside the A3 folder
- create a shortcut of the unzipped exe
- right click on the shortcut -> property -> destination -> add at the end: -incurrentfolder

Alright, I hope somebody can help me out here, because I've been trying to install this mod for a few hours and it's doing my head in.

From what I can gather, I can either install it using PWS or manually. The problem is, PWS won't let me register because of some HTTP 500 error and a few of the manual files seem to be missing so I can't patch the mod.

At the risk of sounding like I have absolutely no experience with Arma mods whatsoever, what's the preferred method of installing this mod? Should I just wait and see if the PWS servers sort themselves out?

Afaik playwithsix can no lomger handle ifa3.

The best you can do is follow the tutorial of the manual install on devwithsix

Afaik playwithsix can no lomger handle ifa3.

The best you can do is follow the tutorial of the manual install on devwithsix

First of all, thanks for the assistance.

I'm using the following setup guide: https://dev.withsix.com/projects/lib-issue-tracker/wiki/IFA3_manual_install

The problem I'm encountering is with the "Patch the mod" section; the guide directs me to a BI Forum page that has some links to mod update downloads, but the links themselves don't work. I've tried running the game without the patches using the batch file, but I get a lot of errors and missing assets when the game starts.

WTF they were working, got to update it again.

in the meantime get the patches from here

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/gunters-ifa3-installation-tutorial-7751413?&trail=15

Would help if people actually reported the links broke using the link on the page, or even send me a pm, i havent been following the thread here for a bit as been busy.

You know there's an issue I've been meaning to raise here, and I will:

Missionrepository.com and this thread. I track both for updates, but only come here to post stuff. Whereas I see some people go to MR (600, apparently), I have to presume more people come to these forums, and by extension, this thread.

Now practically speaking, there is more to my post than just ranting about convenience. I've several times wanted to comment/ask things on the MR Geist uniforms thread, but have resisted since I don't want to open yet another forum membership, I have enough memberships at this point that it's hard to keep track of. But what if the man behind those sassy uniforms had a thread here, on these forums? After all, he is using Arma 3 to put these uniforms into.

Another example of Severloh's Warmod for A3, which seems to have a thread here and a thread on MR. Why are there two? You see what I'm saying? It seems like the community for this game/mod is oddly split between two sources devoted to the same subject--this thread, and MR.

I am semi-inebriated but feel I've said what's been brewing inside me. And the reality of the situation is, even with what's been said, if nothing changes I will continue glancing at MR occasionally to see the forums. Because that's called compromise.

Oh, and here's a random image to spice up my post. It's based off a real photograph from the Battle of Kursk, 1943.

npMeSWe.jpg

Nice pic.

But geist is already on bis forums here https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/182319-geist-a3/

the main author is on IF Fan forums which imo is the replacement of the official IF forums.

MR website is a website by itself, I just linked the IF Fan forums to the site as I post there and am moderator there as well.

Iron front fan forums is the main community as its nothing but Iron front, the bis forums thread here we are on is for IFA3 its just a thread, yes its 2 communities

but up to you what you want to use, theres more activity on IF Fan forums for IF then here.

But IFA3WarMod was posted there originally then bis forums here, you can choose which ever thread you want info on, as I post on both when i have info, at least for what I do.

It seems like the community for this game/mod is oddly split between two sources devoted to the same subject--this thread, and MR.

No.. its not, MR is basically the armaholic of the IF community it has all the files for IF, IFA2, and IFA3, I just have IF Fan forums linked as i said as they replaced the official IF forums.

thread here is just what Kju originally started, then Gallustrio, use what you want. Do what you will or like dont matter to me, nothing is split just make up your mind what you want to follow,

i do them all as i support IF all the way, and been here on bis forums since 2009 anyways so dont matter to me, takes me but a min to check everything.

Okay well I had no idea Geist was on a thread here, but that's on me for not looking into it. I had just presumed it would be under Arma 3 mods--discussion, but I did not know IF (the base game) had its own page here.

So I'm essentially sated.

does anyone know how difficult it'd be to mod in a quick bayonet to the Kar98ks / Mosin Nagants? nothing functioning with melee or anything, just something to slap on the texture of the guns. would be immensely grateful if anyone could throw in some quick insight into how I'd go about this; or if anyone has already done it and put it up somewhere.