Hi,

First, thank you for made this script.

Would you mind if I change this script and use it in the multiplayer mission?

I will change only x-y-z positions.

Hi,

First, thank you for made this script.

Would you mind if I change this script and use it in the multiplayer mission?

I will change only x-y-z positions.

You can do whatever you want with it.

["CUP_B_MH60S_USMC",["DoorRB"],[[1.44,1.93,0.5]]],
  ["CUP_B_MH60S_FFV_USMC",["DoorRB"],[[1.44,1.93,0.5]]],

["CUP_B_UH60L_US",["DoorRB"],[[1.44,1.93,0]]],
  ["CUP_B_UH60L_FFV_US",["DoorRB"],[[1.44,1.93,0]]],
  ["CUP_B_UH60L_Unarmed_US",["DoorRB"],[[1.44,1.93,0]]],
  ["CUP_B_UH60L_Unarmed_FFV_US",["DoorRB"],[[1.44,1.93,0]]],

["CUP_B_UH60M_US",["DoorRB"],[[1.44,1.93,0]]],
  ["CUP_B_UH60M_FFV_US",["DoorRB"],[[1.44,1.93,0]]],
  ["CUP_B_UH60M_Unarmed_US",["DoorRB"],[[1.44,1.93,0]]],
  ["CUP_B_UH60M_Unarmed_FFV_US",["DoorRB"],[[1.44,1.93,0]]],

["CUP_B_CH53E_USMC",["DoorLB","DoorRB"],[[1,-8.2,-0.9],[-1,-8.2,-0.9]]],
  ["CUP_B_CH47F_GB",["DoorLB","DoorRB"],[[0.87,-7.5,-0.95],[-0.87,-7.5,-0.95]]],
  ["CUP_B_CH47F_USA",["DoorLB","DoorRB"],[[0.87,-7.5,-0.95],[-0.87,-7.5,-0.95]]],
  ["CUP_B_UH1Y_UNA_USMC",["DoorLB","DoorRB"],[[0.9,-3.6,-0.1],[-0.9,-3.6,-0.1]]],

["CUP_Merlin_HC3",["Door_R_source"],[[1.88,1.12,-0.23]]],
  ["CUP_Merlin_HC3_FFV",["Door_R_source"],[[1.88,1.12,-0.23]]],
  ["CUP_B_AW159_Unarmed_BAF",["DoorLB","DoorRB"],[[0.95,3,-0.9],[-0.95,3,-0.9]]],
  ["CUP_B_AW159_Armed_BAF",["DoorLB","DoorRB"],[[0.95,3,-0.9],[-0.95,3,-0.9]]], 
  ["CUP_B_SA330_base",["DoorLB","DoorRB"],[[0.95,3,-0.9],[-0.95,3,-0.9]]],

//Armed Forces of Russian Federation
  ["CUP_O_Mi24_V_RU",[],[[0.7,3.3,0],[-0.9,3.3,0]]],
  ["CUP_O_Mi24_P_RU",[],[[0.7,3.3,0],[-0.9,3.3,0]]],
  ["CUP_O_Mi8_RU",[],[[-1.3,5.3,-0.5]]],
  ["CUP_O_MI6T_RU",["DoorLB","DoorRB"],[[-1.5,2.6,-0.5],[-1.5,-4.2,-0.5]]],

["CUP_O_Mi24_D_TK",[],[[0.7,3.3,0],[-0.9,3.3,0]]],
  ["CUP_O_MI6T_TKA",["DoorLB","DoorRB"],[[-1.5,2.6,-0.5],[-1.5,-4.2,-0.5]]],
  ["CUP_O_Mi17_TK",[],[[-1.3,5.3,-0.5]]],

I created my own coordinates if someone wants to use them, maybe my coordinates are better, themselves will try to judge  :)
Also I created the ropes for CH-53 and CH-47 on back of the ramp.

["CUP_B_CH53E_USMC",["DoorLB","DoorRB"],[[1,-8.2,-0.9],[-1,-8.2,-0.9]]],
  ["CUP_B_CH47F_USA",["DoorLB","DoorRB"],[[0.87,-7.5,-0.95],[-0.87,-7.5,-0.95]]],

I like this one better because it utilizes all the CUP helos and the positions are good.

Would Rappeling (from buildings) be possible? :P

Certainly.

I'd say the biggest issue would be to get proper animations for it.

It's even possible to attach soldiers directly to those ropes, in order to have proper rope-phyiscs when rappling.

(I actually have a 90% complete script for that lying around that I was too lazy finishing – it still needs some MP-optimizations)

Sounds very promising. Doesnt even need to be controllable. Even if you just continually go down till you find ground with the same heli fast rope animation many would be happy with it. 

Id already settle for this even : 

I guess the hard part would be how to deal with slopes and rocks.

The value for the RHS CH47F seems to  be off, when I try it, it instantly kills the ATRQ

["RHS_CH_47F_base",[],[[0,-0.4,0]]],

Does anyone know the correct value?

Great script, 

It is incorporated into all realism missions I make, somewhat works better than ZLT Fastrope (It's laggy, REALLY laggy), whereas this SHK is way more smooth.  :)

We have this running on our private server and public and works flawlessly. We had one small issue of getting caught of skids when applied to Mission enhanced little birds and got round it using this;

_unit setPosATL [(_ropePos select 0),(_ropePos select 1),(_ropePos select 2)-3];

Thanks again.

["RHS_CH_47F_base",[],[[0.5,-7.75,-1], [-0.5,-7.75,-1]]],

Is the correct values for the RHS_CH_47F, the one that currently comes with this is broken

I recently tried to use the ACE fastrope, and was too script/mod-dumb to use it, so I'm sticking to this at least until I can figure out the ACE version. Shuko's version is sooo easy to use!

shomu1, the CH-53 values are now correct.

Rockfrog, I don't have that mod, but have you tried the CH-47 values below (which are spot on over the ramp), then modified them if they are not lined up the way you want?

I like this one better because it utilizes all the CUP helos and the positions are good.

My (much more efficient) list covers ALL the CUP helos (except the CH-53, which I missed the first time) in fewer script lines b/c I referred to all the base classes of helicopters with no redundancy.

More importantly, this list refers to the base classes, which automatically covers all helicopters using these models for all factions (provided their parent classes are correctly specified). I don't know the first thing about modding factions and equipment, but I know that all CUP helicopters for factions TK, SLA, ChDKZ, CZ, RU, GER, and GB are all covered, in addition to USMC.

I updated and double-checked all the contributions thus far for CUP (eliminated redundant individual entries) and MELB. Thanks to Xawery94 and lala14 for their help -- the rear ramp fastropes are spot-on.

Several of these had to either suspend in midair or clip through the cabin floor, so I personally chose to have them clip through the floor and not hang in midair. Some of them were either outright mistakes the first time around, or else CUP changed some values. These CUP vehicles should be correct as of CUP Vehicles 1.2.

The rope coordinates are in the spoiler, shuko.

//Mission Enhanced Little Bird
  ["MELB_MH6M",[],[[1.2,0.8,-0.1],[-1.2,0.8,-0.1]]],

["CUP_MH60S_Base",["DoorRB"],[[1.44,1.93,0.5]]],
  ["CUP_Uh60_Base",["DoorRB"],[[1.46,1.93,-0.45]]],

["CUP_B_CH53E_USMC",["DoorLB","DoorRB"],[[1,-8.2,-0.8],[-1,-8.2,-0.8]]],
  ["CUP_CH47F_base",["DoorLB","DoorRB"],[[0.87,-7.5,-0.95],[-0.87,-7.5,-0.95]]],
  ["CUP_B_UH1Y_Base",["DoorLB","DoorRB"],[[0.9,-3.6,-0.1],[-0.9,-3.6,-0.1]]],
  ["CUP_UH1H_Base",["DoorLB","DoorRB"],[[1,2,-0.2],[-1,2,-0.2]]],

["CUP_Merlin_HC3_Base",["Door_R_source"],[[1.88,1.12,-0.23]]],
  ["CUP_AW159_Unarmed_Base",["DoorLB","DoorRB"],[[0.85,3,.28],[-0.85,3,.28]]],
  ["CUP_B_SA330_base",["DoorLB","DoorRB"],[[0.75,2,-0.6],[-0.75,2,-0.6]]],

["CUP_Mi24_Base",[],[[0.7,3,0],[-0.85,3,0]]],
  ["CUP_Mi8_base",[],[[-1.1,5,-.7]]],
  ["CUP_MI6A_Base",["DoorLB","DoorRB"],[[-1.5,2.6,-0.5],[-1.5,-4.2,-0.5]]],

//HAFM NH90
  ["NH90",["sideDoors1"],[[1.47,1.805,-0.02]]],

//ADF
["ADFU_air_blackhawk_BASE",["Door_R"],[[1.44,1.93,0.3]]],

What would =kct=blackmamba CH-47F points be for fastrope?

You'll have to look up that vehicle's classname in the config viewer, then create an entry for it in SHK_Fastrope.sqf

Try copying and pasting either the RHS or CUP CH-47F entry, change the classname string, and play with the XYZ coordinate offsets. Unless blackmamba radically changed the model's coordinates, it will likely be at least vaguely close to the other Arma 2 ports. X moves the rope anchor point left/right, Y front/back, Z up/down.

Shuko love the script.  Added it to our exile server.  What about Spy Rigging?

If you dont know what that is here is a clip

Can we add this to the already existing script?

Also with exile your script wont work as an #include in the initplayerlocal.  We had to get very creative in how its executed to get it to fire.  We did end up getting it to fire but it might not be the best way.

Does anyone have a working version of this with 3CB choppers? I'm thinking the Merlin transport specifically. I'd really appreciate help on that.

Or do you think it would work anyway? I don't care if the ropes look out of place. Just need it to get me and my AI down.

And also, is this dedicated server compatible?

EDIT: Ah, I see a few pages back this script is having issues on servers and that rope position does matter.

Can we add this to the already existing script?

You can do whatever you want with the script. I doubt I will do anything more with it.

Just a small issue I noticed. If you fastrope into the water: you will start at water level (not at helicopter) and you will fastrope all the way to the bottom. Would be nice if there was a check that stop fastrope at 0m ASL. Other then that it would be nice to have an option for some line holders so ropes dont just float.

Anyone else having problem getting this to work in A3 1.64, the action menu doesn't show up? Worked great in A3 1.60.

/KC

Excuse me for being retarded.

But is this supposed to be plug an play?  I did what was stated.  

Nothing pops up to throw ropes or anything do I need to put in specific init commands for units or triggers in game? 

I have adapted the script a bit so it work's also with the doors of HAFM NH90 Helicopters. You have to add also _heli animate [_x, 1]; into the code.

Btw: These are my values for the NH90.

["BW_NH90",["sideDoors1"],[[1.4,1.8,0.1],[-1.2,1.8,0.1]]], //NH90 Transport (Bundeswehr), @ both side doors
["BW_NH90Armed",["cargoDoor"],[[1.0,-2,-1.55],[-0.95,-2,-1.55]]] //NH90 Armed (Bundeswehr), @ cargo door

I also added some sound effects for ropes up, ropes down and fast roping. Works pretty well. Let me know if you are interested in it.

• Like 1