kevaskous

Keybinding question

Not sure if this is the right spot, if it's a bug or not possible so asking here. I am trying to bind my mouse to some of mod's keybindings via the configure addons for controls (awesome addition BTW) But it seems -only- keyboard keys actually work in this menu, is this normal or what? Any advice to work around as well would be welcome.

The issue has been explained in the CBA Thread, its a technical/engine limitation of some sort so it is currently not possible.

The issue has been explained in the CBA Thread, its a technical/engine limitation of some sort so it is currently not possible.

Hey thanks i had not managed to find that. That's a shame though really adversely effects me...anyway to work around it or am I SOL for now?

Hey thanks i had not managed to find that. That's a shame though really adversely effects me...anyway to work around it or am I SOL for now?

As Harzach says above, you could probably use a programmable mouse with macro buttons to simulate keyboard-bound controls, but that would be about it. On a game-engine side of things, we're all SOL until BI address the ticket....that I can't seem to locate right now, but its on the feedback tracker somewhere.

I'll vote on that ticket I suppose was hoping I could edit a file and just put the bind manually. Shame, my mouse is programmable obviously but not sure I want to swap profiles specifically for this game, guess i could ultimately...might end up being what i have to do, kinda particular about my keybinds.