linuxmaster9

SQF Syntax checker

It would be very helpful for checking huge sqf files for syntax errors if there was a program that automatically scanned the file and pointed out errors like missing commas, semi-colons, etc. I hate trying to track down a problem in a 2000+ line script. Notepad++, Atom, and Brackets have Syntax highlighters and even auto-completion but not checkers.

• Like 1

This will be extremely useful.

We used to have something called Squint and it was a very useful application but it's long gone.

Eliteness has a lintcheck function that's pretty useful. Only tried it on configs tho ..

tbh ... this should not be that complicated ... only problem would be the PreProcessor

will see when i got some spare time to do that

• Like 1

well it would be awesome if someone would make one please. For the love of God, my mission is fuked because the RPT wont tell me why shits broken. But, if I could lint it, I bet I could find the issues.

cool idea

still it is missing something to be "ArmA Studio"

eg. creating and reading functions into cfgFunctions (+ parsing its head for the informations)

should not be that hard to add such a component to the tool though ... (the functions should show up inside the autocompletion and in the string args for eg. execVM)

cool idea

still it is missing something to be "ArmA Studio"

eg. creating and reading functions into cfgFunctions (+ parsing its head for the informations)

should not be that hard to add such a component to the tool though ... (the functions should show up inside the autocompletion and in the string args for eg. execVM)

It's just a working title. And I do have much more stuff planned (Eg. if you're a scripter, this should blow your mind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12tvILZxPpc).

A prototype I made, already reads the game configs to read CfgFunctions defined in the game, to provide analysis and auto-completion for them.

The prototype also provides auto completion for array arguments, eg. to createVehicle.

• Like 2

It's just a working title. And I do have much more stuff planned (Eg. if you're a scripter, this should blow your mind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12tvILZxPpc).

A prototype I made, already reads the game configs to read CfgFunctions defined in the game, to provide analysis and auto-completion for them.

The prototype also provides auto completion for array arguments, eg. to createVehicle.

Can I just ask for clarification on what I'm seeing there?

At 39 seconds, in a live mission, the repeated clicks of that button are highlighting the code lines that the engine will execute in the for loop? And that hovering over a variable shows it's value (at 50 seconds)

So what does 'toggle breakpoint' do then?

Can I just ask for clarification on what I'm seeing there?

At 39 seconds, in a live mission, the repeated clicks of that button are highlighting the code lines that the engine will execute in the for loop? And that hovering over a variable shows it's value (at 50 seconds)

So what does 'toggle breakpoint' do then?

its called "debuging"

a breakpoint is just something where the debugger (in this case the tool presented here) will pause the execution of the script (and the program) so you can do some manipulation or just some visual check

see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debugger

greets

X39

I've some experience in debugging in sqf. :) But I've never gone outside this language so that's all new to me. And this looks very useful too.

I've some experience in debugging in sqf. :) But I've never gone outside this language so that's all new to me. And this looks very useful too.

that is pretty much what you have in the "outer world" of the IT :)

so ... yes ...

that is extremly useful (especially with SQF ... where the code most of the time is not behaving like you would expect :facepalm:)

• Like 1

Just watched the video. Looks like a very handy tool, reminds me of squint. That was great tool for folks like me, who have never done any programming in their life. I hope you are able to bring this to fruition. I know I will be using it.

Nomad

Wow, that's amazing, one can even see the value of variables oO Can't wait for it.

• Like 1

I was just googling for an SQF script checker and came across this did anything ever come of this?

(sorry to revive old thread)