eggbeast

[CO 22] Evolution Nam mission

Don't make assumptions Haz, just go haunt somebody else's server.

Base raids. To be honest they are not that hard to deal with. Even solo.

See I was on with a guy and he gave up. Minutes later, not only had I cleared the base, but ended up taking out the radio tower at Nui Pek, solo... alone...

You have ALL the tools you need. You might not know how to use them when you first get in, but everything you need is there. Can't give you patience or skill. You gotta bring those with you..

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=622839930(Brenden gets frustrated and leaves right after I connected)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=622839888( I clear the base and go on to assault Nui Pek alone)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=622839916(The damage I did to the enemy in a short period of time)

Again, is the enemy inside the wire a challenge? You bet. Impossible, not even close.

good effort wolf!  see, that is our philosophy too. can-do attitude and a bit of guile, plus knowing when to keep your head down and use grenades, walk don't run (minimise sound and profile), duck and cover, persistence but not insistence (i.e. if you get shot trying something, go a slightly different way), and weapons familiarity.

I also made this field-guide to night-fighting tactics it's amazing how many players demand thatwe turn the lights on, because they can't cope with darkness - "hey bro where's the NVGs at?"

weapon familiarity is the top tip from me.  For Arma 2 version I built a rifle range mission so people can spend some time getting to know their weapons, and the enemy weapons too.  The number of people who join new, and spend ages changing weapons and not actually fighting is quite alarming at times.  when you ask what are they doing they invariably say "I'm trying to find a weapon i like" - this immediately makes me distance myself from them in combat. never trust a man who doesn't trust himself.  you should endeavour to become proficient with every weapon available.  each time you play, take a different weapon and practice with it - close range and long range, semi, auto, bursts and suppressed.  our range of grenade types makes them incredibly dangerous for new guys, as they dont read the description and don't call em when they throw em. again, take a bunch of types and experiment with them. same goes for the knife and bayonets, the artillery and CAS.

learning to kill efficiently, with whatever is at hand, is the key to jungle survival.

• Like 1

Hey! Awesome mod... 

1. can we disable the names above players heads as we have ACE2 that handles it.
  2. ACE enabled dose not give us the ability to place charges
  3. how do you disable the radio station!!  the one that has all the music we blew every tower in the base!!!... I cant seem to find any information on it.
  4. When you select sniper it spawns you with an M16 (or select any kit for that matter)
  5. ShackTack user interface disables the "U" configuration button.
  6. That music is driving us insane! Torture ?

Hey! Awesome mod... how do you disable the radio station!! I cant seem to find any information on it.

You need to blow up the radio tower in the center. There are explosive charges and satchel charges in ammo boxes back in base.

Hey! Awesome mod... 

1. can we disable the names above players heads as we have ACE2 that handles it. - YES I will switch this feature to a parameter
  2. ACE enabled dose not give us the ability to place charges - I do not support ACE
  3. how do you disable the radio station!!  the one that has all the music we blew every tower in the base!!!... I cant seem to find any information on it. You can't, but i may add it as a parameterised option so you can disable music
  4. When you select sniper it spawns you with an M16 (or select any kit for that matter) Yes, weapons are earned by rank.  You should have a basic scoped model 70 at private rank, available in the ammo crate
  5. ShackTack user interface disables the "U" configuration button. I do not support shacktac stuff
  6. That music is driving us insane! Torture ? see 3

You need to blow up the radio tower in the center. There are explosive charges and satchel charges in ammo boxes back in base.

Ah, you meant the music. Ah yes, the music.

Please see eggbeast's comments.

Great! I refused to play ArmA 3 until UNSUNG came out, and now that it's here, I'm glad to see its welcome with open arms with missions like these! Good work.

the mission has been updated significantly for bravo release.

beware that the repair triggers in base fail at the moment due to some BIS code fucklup, that is apparently fixed in the dev branch.

i tryed playing this mission, can you tell me why there are 100 watches in the load out that you cant get rid of? any pack,vest or uniform i put on fills up with a shit ton of watches. and when you die and click respawn you just become incapacitated? and shows on your death/kill statas as double the deaths

all that stuff is fixed in bravo

you'll have to wait until then.

so in the   missions CO-22 how do you use the u menu arty it always tells me i need a radio but idk what it means 

thread updated - see top post - I added all 4 missions as a collection now on Steam Workshop.

More islands planned for this mission in the coming weeks

- Cao Bang

- SEA

- Lowlands
- Phu Bai
- Ia Drang Valley

- Plei Trap Valley

Hi Folks,

I've tried the Evolution series a few time - I've read the manual on it - one issue that's probably obvious to everyone but me - how do I recruit AI to join my squad ? I see in the manual there should be a "T" menu option (I've tried "T" and "TAB") - it never seems to come up ? I am in a multiplayer LAN server session... Do I need to be in a specific location for this to work ?

Thanks.

Regards,

Scott

yeah the shoprtcut key is"teamswitch" which in A3 is U by default.

also AI recruitment is defaulted to disabled in the parameters, so be sure to change that when you start your mission - see params button in lobby.

Hi Folks,

OK great - yep U key works - great - thank you...

HAH - and you've already answered my next question - I noted the "disabled" - I'll give that a shot as well...

Appreciate the help...

Regards,
Scott

• Like 1