eggbeast

[CO 22] Evolution Nam mission

l8udl40.jpg

[CO 22] Evolution Nam mission

on a range of tactically interesting maps

MISSION FILES

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=893110346

LICENSE

Basically, DO NOT MODIFY or MONETIZE or RE-HOST on steam workshop!

http://server.elite-warriors.co.uk/eggbeast/docs/License%20Agreement.pdf

MODS REQUIRED

Unsung mod for A3

Evolution MP co-op Mission Guide
Don't be an FNG! Read the Mission Guide for people who haven't played unsung evolution 2.6 before (which is kinda everyone at this point):

Older intel and discussions in A2 evo nam:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/171895-mp-co-op-22-unsung-evolution-vietnam-pack/

Public Unsung Evolution Nam A3 servers:
It's quite an involved mod and mission - come and learn tactics and tips with the mod/mission designers...
EW server IP------- 85.199.213.187:2410

Teamspeak for this server

ts3.elite-warriors.co.uk

TIPS:
Read the Manual!
Keep viewdistance under 1000m in jungle fighting for high FPS
in Evo use U menu options to alter Air and Land viewdistances
U menu turns grass off also if you're struggling
To turn grass back on, T/ options/ bottom slider >2 / click another menu like Transfer / click close

FEEDBACK

This mission is a WIP, and has many shortcomings which we are well aware of.

Please DO NOT POST BUG REPORTS

check out TheDevilDogGamer playing these missions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9puj9ha8a1w&t=76s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAnLJoT-CmM&t=26s

and some of our Unit op vids:

• Like 3

Thx for reviving the old Evo mission with a twist !!

I'm going to test your mission as soon as I have some free time !!

Good work, Egg! Thanks.

Mission updated today with various fixes - same link

When we go beta soon I will update the mission for that at the same time as beta release.

eggbeast

downloaded Unsung and this mission yesterday. May get all my friends back into ARMA3 because of the Unsung mod. We played the heck out of it in Arma2. 

I noticed this, spammed the log with it

waitUntil {!isNu>
 8:37:02   Error Undefined variable in expression: ewdb_loaded
 8:37:02 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.DaKrong\ewdb\client.sqf, line 3
 8:37:02 Error in expression <!(isNull (findDisplay 46))};
waitUntil {EWDB_Loaded == "true"};

also had this error at mission start. I had enable revive in the params

if ((!isNull player) and (EGG_sinit)) then {T_Client = true};>
 8:35:42   Error position: <and (EGG_sinit)) then {T_Client = true};>
 8:35:42   Error and: Type Number, expected Bool,code
 8:35:42 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.DaKrong\revive_init.sqf, line 27

Thanks for the mission. 

eggbeast

downloaded Unsung and this mission yesterday. May get all my friends back into ARMA3 because of the Unsung mod. We played the heck out of it in Arma2. 

I noticed this, spammed the log with it

waitUntil {!isNu>
 8:37:02   Error Undefined variable in expression: ewdb_loaded
 8:37:02 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.DaKrong\ewdb\client.sqf, line 3
 8:37:02 Error in expression <!(isNull (findDisplay 46))};
waitUntil {EWDB_Loaded == "true"};

also had this error at mission start. I had enable revive in the params

if ((!isNull player) and (EGG_sinit)) then {T_Client = true};>
 8:35:42   Error position: <and (EGG_sinit)) then {T_Client = true};>
 8:35:42   Error and: Type Number, expected Bool,code
 8:35:42 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.DaKrong\revive_init.sqf, line 27

Thanks for the mission. 

right the first error is because the mission uses our database, this is unfortunately not available for the public. you will have to remove our database files and activate the old scripts again.

The second one is from the old revive system, this revive will get removed and that should calm that error down.

we need to replace the param system kai so it selects the BIS revive instead of the norrin one.

would still be good to be able to select revive off

same for EW databse - set a global variable for it iif it is on and use script alternatives otherwise

Very nice mission.

I do have a short question.

I am trying to figure out how to make an ammobox or arsenal with ALL the Unsung items in it BUT without the normal arma items.

Also it should not be affected by the rank. Is that somehow possible, lets say for some quick fun with friends ?

thanks

I understand. I am also looking for a way to get this kind of ammobox for every other mission I will play on UNSUNG

Mission updated

Change log:

- fixed broken recon HQ respawn vehicle

- fixed numerous error messages in T/U menu

- fixed broken save/load gear actions - this is now parameter controlled (so on EW server we use value 1, public hosts use default value 0)

- fixed broken HALO action

- moved suppressors to MAJOR and above

- fixed dynamic weather movement

- added default BIS revive function (thanks kbbw)

- fixed EWDB-related error messages (as we now use a parameter to activate our private server system)

- fixed broken radio tower - you can now complete the mission right to the end - we did this last saturday

- increased default artillery costs (to deter noobs spamming arty)

- fixed logistics items so you can move and transport staticweapons

- improved obstacle generation so you can fortify your position with sandbags

- temporary - removed excessive truck spawning

- fixed support menu ammo box and illumination

- POWs need not be transported by default now (As they were not fully behaving correctly)

- improved era/look of POW camp

- fixed base raiders

- improved base defences (more to come)

KNOWN BUGS:

- occasional server crashes noticed intermittently - caused by an "out of memory" error popup on the server - this is quite rare, and we're trying to figure out what is causing it.

- side missions need revision (I'm waiting for unsung bravo)

- support menu needs revision (I'm waiting for unsung bravo)

- enemy units are all NVA (to avoid Crashes caused by VC if an ACE-using player joins the server - fixed in bravo)

- virtual arsenal - this is WIP by kbbw andwill be activated by parameter

- minefields - stock mines are way too strong - we will change these in bravo to our better traps

• Like 2

Thx for the update !

- enemy units are all NVA (to avoid Crashes caused by VC if an ACE-using player joins the server - fixed in bravo)

Best news of the day !! Can't wait to see Bravo released ! In the meantime, we'll fight NVA ! ;) 

The spawn rape is absolutely ridiculous! I have just been in the server and have died at least 30 times. There needs to be some safezone protection of some sort. The spawn bunker is broken therefore you can be shot and then sometimes you spawn outside of it then you die instantly. At least in this case... I'm not even joking, I have at least 50+ deaths in total. You can't say: "If players protected the base in the first place then this wouldn't be an issue" because I am sure that you have the AI setup to attack the base whilst the server is empty as well... Or at least they don't abort if players leave if the code is run.

• Like 2

I will admit that the enemy can be a challenge inside the wire, but I actually don't mind clearing them out. I too have spawned in and been surrounded... if you get a chance to break for the trench around the base you can then pick them off. It's a a challenge, I agree. And it does help if the first ones that get in game set up a mine field around the outside of the perimeter. But don't get too disparaged. The mission is still in development and Egg might tweak some of that.

I understand things being early access, honestly, as it allows for communities to provide feedback as the project is being developed.

However, I believe, much like a lot of early access games these days, that it needs to be playable. If for even 5 minutes it isn't playable, there's a huge problem. It needs fixing ASAP otherwise something like a simple 5 minute unplayable moment can break a project so much so that it ends up dead and buried a hundred feet deep.

Nothing wrong with testing before releasing... 

We use the mission to test the alpha and terrain and so on, so we know how things will play in A3.

it was tested. we cope with the base raids, even alone.  It can be frustrating but if you put your mind to it, you can overcome.

If you read the release notes - I am not taking "bug reports", the mission is provided on a "take it or leave it" basis. I am busy with the mod.

enjoy (or not!)

I don't want to come across as someone who keeps complaining as I know how time consuming developing can be, let alone testing and then bug fixing but, I really want to play your Evolution! After being in the game for not even 10 minutes... I have been spawn killed 10 times. It may not seem a lot but keep in mind that to watch the intro (when first joining in) then after that I have to hold the Space Bar down for 15 seconds on each death caused by spawn raping enemy AI. There was one person on the server who I did message nicely to come and clear the base as he was in the AO but appeared to be AFK (not moving). I even connected to the EW TS3 and messaged him but had no reply. This really is spoiling the mission that I really like and want to play.
http://s26.postimg.org/utm1v7bzr/2016_02_10_00001.jpg
http://s26.postimg.org/8t5pektbr/2016_02_10_00003.jpg
http://s26.postimg.org/6eif7w2gn/2016_02_10_00004.jpg

Eggbeast - This isn't a bug report. It is a design flaw in the mission which can be fixed pretty easily. Players who cope with the base raids are just lucky, I don't even get time to prone let alone move to cover. We want to enjoy it (at least I do) but with this issue present it really is difficult to do so. Couple of suggestions:

1) Make the spawn bunker indestructible and then have players always spawn inside it.

2) Lower the base raid assault distance and have any enemy killed who goes inside the spawn bunker.

3) Even really needed, disable the base raids temporarily.

I am not telling you what to do with your mission or anything like that, it is just feedback and suggestions which is expected when you release your mission to the public.

There was one person on the server who I did message nicely to come and clear the base as he was in the AO but appeared to be AFK (not moving). I even connected to the EW TS3 and messaged him but had no reply. This really is spoiling the mission that I really like and want to play.

To be fare that might not be true, the person you where messaging was probably Dark-Raptor - Brendon, not the brenden in game ;)

our Dark-Raptor is ussually asleep when normal people are awake ;) He's just in ts all the time

FEEDBACK

This mission is a WIP, and has many shortcomings which we are well aware of.

Please DO NOT POST BUG REPORTS

kbbw123 - Ah, okay. My bad then! :)

Eggbeast - Did you not read my post? lol...

Eggbeast - This isn't a bug report. It is a design flaw in the mission which can be fixed pretty easily.

It seems you don't want to fix/improve/change anything therefore I'm not gonna say no more since you clearly don't care about your public mission fans which is a shame as it has potential.