regiregi22

ACE3 Artillery calculator

Hello folks!

I would like to share with you some work I've been doing lately. I am a big fan of mortars and artillery in general, so I have been quite pleased with the addition of the ACE3 Mk6 module and the 82mm mortar range table. It got even more interesting with the addon made by ruPal (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30042) which adds support for some artillery units from RHS.

I got tired of having to calculate all the intermediate values and corrections due to enviromental factors  (temperature, humidity....), so why not having the computer make it for me?

So, I introduced the range table's values in an Excel sheet and all the calculus necessary to interpolate the results to make the process as fast, effective and precise as possible. All you need to do is input the proper values in the RED text boxes, and you'll get the results in the GREEN text boxes. The other cells show the corrections to be applied, just for the sake of curiosity. So when you are called to fire for effect, it's a matter of seconds to calculate and deliver those rounds on target. Just take care of writing the headwind or tailwind value as positive or negative signed.

It contains the tables for the Mk6, M252 and M119. I am planning in adding the russian stuff at a later stage, if requested. Being an Excel file, it can be used in tablets, mobile phones or anything compatible!

Artillery pieces included:

-Mk6
-M252
-M119
-2b14 Podnos
-D30
-D30 BK-6M
-D30 BK-13

Download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwbgX3YQhkNyYk5PWjlfWWpoREU/view?usp=sharing

Best regards

vG53oAN.jpg

• Like 6

This is the most legit thing I have seen since ACE3 came out thanks for your hard work/math skills. You are the man.

Amazing work thank you very much.  Can I suggest a little change though.  Would you mind setting the charge 1 and 2 cells to copy from the charge 0 cells.  Making it so you put the data in charge 0 then you don't have to do the same for all the other charges.  I have done it already but I thought it might be an addition that others may like and you'd like to include in the original.

• Like 1

did ace change it's values? because mortar fires always to short with your calculator.

edit ahg! misstreated the kestrel. it works fine for the vanilla mortar, but for rhs you have to change it, because elevation is measured in degrees, not in mills.

Recently, I have noticed that the only compatible artillery piece with the ACE advanced mortar system is the vanilla MK6. I don't know is ruPal compatibility patch is still supported, but the last tested I have done show that they are not working with the advanced system.

On 6/17/2019 at 3:02 PM, Grenadier ITF said:

I confirm the no longer compatibility. Updates aren't there?

Sorry for the delay. The standard Mk6 mortar is still compatible, as always has been.

The issue here is related to RHS mortar compatibility. This was brought by this addon, which is not under development anymore.
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30042

Tell me, in what calculations does humidity take part? I didn't notice humidity was involved in the table.

Why are you using temperature, headwind and density as corrections for "elevation"? These are the corrections for "Range"! Your table is bullshit.

4 minutes ago, QUADRAMAKS said:

Why are you using temperature, headwind and density as corrections for "elevation"? These are the corrections for "Range"! Your table is bullshit.

Some excellent, well thought out advice that I'm sure the mod creator (who hasn't been on the forums since May last year) will be simply racing back to take on board. Well done!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, QUADRAMAKS said:

"Elevation" in this case is not terrain elevation, it is the elevation (vertical angle) of the mortar tube. Range to target and environmental factors determine both the azimuth and elevation settings of the tube. 

But at least you made a great first impression.

• Like 3