Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

None of us have real friends so we've got nobody to play arma 3 with

None of us have real friends so we've got nobody to play arma 3 with

Ah gotchya

Can we have those trains moving, with carts that can be towed and can carry stuff.

Oh, and don't forget the FFV on them so we can have a fully on rails shooter!

Or just do this with the models provided, if the code still works.

https://youtu.be/T2vsilkiSWE

All the vehicles have already been announced...

https://arma3.com/apex

go check that out it has everything.

I admit, I kinda wanted ducted rotors. But that blackfish looks badass. And I can not wait to get my hands on that Prowler! It looks like a LSV that would make the UNSC quite jealous.

Does anyone have an idea why they called it a blackfish when its clearly not amphibious?

As far as weapons go, kinda dissapointed in how simple they look. too much monotone, not enough detail. IMO, they make the MX look good, and I've seen many weapons that looked better than the MX.

• Like 1

Yep. Rails are for PAP use, not for PLA troops. And if the PLA ever does warm to the idea of Western-style weapon rails, they wouldn't be using Picatinny but their own proprietary design.

Pretty much what I heard IIRC over at Sino Defence Forum.

Granted the Chinese CSAT units are meant to be special forces so I guess it's sort of makes sense for them to have exotic weapon choices, but still...

Bohemia could always excuse it as a doctrinal evolution similar to how gear that you'd think once was 'SOF only' can now be issued to non-SOF troops.

I admit, I kinda wanted ducted rotors. But that blackfish looks badass. And I can not wait to get my hands on that Prowler! It looks like a LSV that would make the UNSC quite jealous.

Does anyone have an idea why they called it a blackfish when its clearly not amphibious?

As far as weapons go, kinda dissapointed in how simple they look. too much monotone, not enough detail. IMO, they make the MX look good, and I've seen many weapons that looked better than the MX.

Blackfish is the name of a movie with an Orca whale I believe, and that fat (but beautiful) VTOL definitely looks like a whale!

a badass, scrub-murdering whale

• Like 1

comment_nA5Yot3gwAw4fUN85Obq0Li57JFGnChV

Landing_Craft_Range.jpg

Its a missed opportunity here with very limited water combat and amphibious game play types. The syndikat is also neither here or there. A localized under equipped Tanoan military would have served better coupled to some mercenaries hired by CSAT-the little green men in the Ukraine/ Proxy war funded to help facilitate CSAT's expansion/ invasion plans. Also just likely one campaign with likely no CSAT campaign or back story-viewed against say Operation Flashpoint.

I also realisd there is no new junker civilian vehicles or trucks. Or mopeds or cheap Chinese semi offroad motorbikes. You have the Jetski but nothing like that for land. not even a Spec ops 2035 Hybrid Quad thats armed.

comment_nA5Yot3gwAw4fUN85Obq0Li57JFGnChV

Landing_Craft_Range.jpg

This is quite literally what i would have expected them to add to the Expansion. But heck, they barley added much to civs, and basically the uniforms aren't exactly different, but rather re-textures. So i guess i expected too much, despite the map being an Archipelago. I mean, they did fantastic on the map, i can see that now. I'm getting FPS on a packed server that i only get in the editor on Stratis in singe-player. But the lack of some assets does bother me, especially since there hasn't been anything like this in any previous game, despite now having the most fitting environment for such an asset. So, that being said i still have hopes for after Apex release.

people been talking about naval stuff for years, maybe it's not that late to add attack boats, at least later

just the idea of battle somewhere on a group of islands means some water vehicles, the map is amazing tho

people been talking about naval stuff for years, maybe it's not that late to add attack boats, at least later

just the idea of battle somewhere on a group of islands means some water vehicles, the map is amazing tho

The map is unquestionably the best Bohemia Interactive has ever made, i can say that confidently. I don't they'll be able to make one better in the future. But it's perfect for what is the definition of combined arms. We're already getting In vehicle transportation now, possibly in vehicle supply transportation too, but that's to be seen. So i'm just curious as to why they didn't, at least to your current knowledge, undertake making the water far more important than it is now? Which currently, the water's got visual upgrade, yes. but what about strategic importance to gameplay? This is important. I've played the map, and have learned the hard way that the Jungle is no place, even for small cars, and Bohemia has provided this aspect into their map extraordinarily well. It was extremely hard to drive through, and is a waste of time, strategically. That being said, the water becomes ALL the more important, in every way. Transportation, or Attack. Yes sure, we have one gun boat, and were getting basically the same thing capability wise as the Speedboat, which is the RHIB. Water scooter is fine, but that's probably not gonna go any faster than the rest, but provides basically a quad-bike for the water ways. But hey, i guess i'm being far too hopeful here, but i just think there's such a big game-play opportunity being missed here.

• Like 2

We can at least count on unsung to play with their riverboats...

Set audiocamo coefficient or whatever the new command was added recently?

Yeah I know how to work around it but it should do that by default.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

• Like 2

This is quite literally what i would have expected them to add to the Expansion. But heck, they barley added much to civs, and basically the uniforms aren't exactly different, but rather re-textures. So i guess i expected too much, despite the map being an Archipelago. I mean, they did fantastic on the map, i can see that now. I'm getting FPS on a packed server that i only get in the editor on Stratis in singe-player. But the lack of some assets does bother me, especially since there hasn't been anything like this in any previous game, despite now having the most fitting environment for such an asset. So, that being said i still have hopes for after Apex release.

I will PM message you

At the moment I'm a little bit disappointed with the level of reskinning going on here. I fully expected that CSAT would be reskinned, but like most people I was hoping for a brand new NATO faction with their own uniforms, vests,
helmets and weapons. CTRG being the main focus is fair enough, but at the moment it seems like they're just getting a new helmet, a balaclava and a reskin of the same hand-me-down NATO uniform they had in The East Wind (which has now
been reskinned twice). The new Syndikat faction seems to be made up entirely of reskinned FIA assets, maybe with one or two reconfigured uniforms (leg portion from one old uniform with the shirt from another). Has anyone noticed any
brand new uniform or vest models in the released media? I think I saw one vest, worn by the CTRG guy with the 416 and the C-mag (actually I'm pretty sure it's this vest made by Black Element).

I'll reserve judgement until the release, but I would have expected more original content for an expansion.

• Like 1

As a mother of several threads, I was appalled by the severe lack of content this new neighborhood has to offer... but in time I have come to love it's simple yet charming content pack....

I also do a lot of yoga and drink overpriced red wine at 1 PM in the afternoon.. that might have eased the acceptance process as well I guess...

• Like 6

As a mother of several threads, I was appalled by the severe lack of content this new neighborhood has to offer... but in time I have come to love it's simple yet charming content pack....

I also do a lot of yoga and drink overpriced red wine at 1 PM in the afternoon.. that might have eased the acceptance process as well I guess...

We better listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl_sRb0uQ7A

maybe if we're lucky we'll get boat DLC after Apex launches

• Like 3

indeed, they have released helicopters, boats could fit fine I guess

The Playable Content that's listed on the Apex website is what will be part of the release, so no further SP showcases on release this time around. For Apex it was decided to focus on the co-op campaign, which can be an even more challenging undertaking than a regular SP campaign. But let's not forget one important thing here: "Apex Protocol" is 1-4 players, you can play it alone, dare I say ... singleplayer! :)

DnA

Hum, too bad... :( :(

I was expecting so much for new SP missions too :huh:

And how about Apex artworks?

Will there be some anyway? If yes, I guess BIS will post them on arma3.com?

• Like 1

You want my honest advice. Pay a modder who does shit hot 3D modeling to make some row boats. You likely have more chance of falling pregnant then getting new boats from BIS. Even though I am sure we would have payed more for Apex and been given this. And I am sorry to be frank but thats the only way it will happen.

• Like 1