Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

Same for me, June 2016. And devs announced it for Q2 2016...

And, in all cases : the longer we wait, the closer we get.

I'm almost sure that for Apex *they* said that some vehicles and/or weapons will be less futuristic than 2035-ones. However I can't remember where I read this. Has anyone the source for it?

--EDIT : solved thanks to Greenfist , it was just written on Apex pre-order store page.

In regards to less futuristic weapons, this is a given. Would you go into a jungle with a large TWS scope and NVG's on your head? Because when shit goes down, and you peer through that scope, you're going to instantly regret not just running with iron sights.

I already plan to teach my squad to take off all attachments when going into the jungle so we have the upper edge.

What about Collimator and holo sights? Iron sights on some weapons are really hard to see through.

And "futuristic" doesn't have to entail scopes. It'd be cool if someone were to someday develope a thermal collimator, like the CoD AW target enhancer.

"Similar to the MMS in appearance, the Target Enhancer uses technology similar to the threat detection grenade, scanning enemies on-sight and identifying them in red outlines. It should also be noted that this also reveals enemies through smoke as well, provided they do not have Cold Blooded equipped."

Makes it sound like it at least partially functions on heat signals, like a thermal.

Personally, I'd take a suppressed sub-machine with smg red-dot.

I admit though, I'm certainly not going to complain about less-futuristic/more-current (as long as its actually current and not vietnam-era)

Being we'll be on a Fiji Island off-shoot, anyone have speculations that BLUFOR will have Aussie arms? I would love seeing a derivative of the AUG.

What about Collimator and holo sights? Iron sights on some weapons are really hard to see through.

And "futuristic" doesn't have to entail scopes. It'd be cool if someone were to someday develope a thermal collimator, like the CoD AW target enhancer.

"Similar to the MMS in appearance, the Target Enhancer uses technology similar to the threat detection grenade, scanning enemies on-sight and identifying them in red outlines. It should also be noted that this also reveals enemies through smoke as well, provided they do not have Cold Blooded equipped."

Makes it sound like it at least partially functions on heat signals, like a thermal.

Personally, I'd take a suppressed sub-machine with smg red-dot.

There are plenty of weapons developed during the time period of the Vietnam war that will be relevant and used 50 years from now.

When it comes to weapons , effectiveness is king. Just look at the rpg 7 , the akm, the b10 recoiless rifle, the spg 9, the m2 browning.

All of these weapons will outlive most of us and will be used 20-50 years from now.

There are plenty of weapons developed during the time period of the Vietnam war that will be relevant and used 50 years from now.

When it comes to weapons , effectiveness is king. Just look at the rpg 7 , the akm, the b10 recoiless rifle, the spg 9, the m2 browning.

All of these weapons will outlive most of us and will be used 20-50 years from now.

Yep, rockets are super useful in the middle of a jungle.

jk, I know that wasn't your point. :lol:

Lets hope this month (Its now May folks) we will have finally a steady stream of reveals...but then again the modus operandi has been no news is good news...so I have been told.

Being technical maybe they will only commit to something reveled start of June. Maybe better-mid June that way there can be no hype what so ever-just more pre-orders of something called APEX. Kinda like the Loch Ness Monster its rumored but never really seen.

And in other news new Battlefield reveal in 4 or 5 days. New Modern Warfare news. Oh and a lengthily DOOM single player reveal video to.

#overapex

They must have a plan to reveal Apex in an efficient way. They would not have this radio silent with no plan.

mitrail clearly they been planning the raid on Osama Seal Team 6 style needing ultra radio silence..perhaps they haven't updated their Task Force Radio or Team Speak. Maybe its next Gen crypto Your guess is as good as mine on how and what is an "efficient way".

IMHO, they will probably make a stream and release Apex on dev during the stream.

• Like 2

I sure that they will make a Live Stream too, they made one for each major addition of content (snipers in early access, 3Den, Zeus, Marksmen...). The real question is, when will they announce the Live Stream ?

They must have a plan to reveal Apex in an efficient way. They would not have this radio silent with no plan.

It's pain for us, not them. We still have to wait till June 30th either way.

More tantalizing reveals means more pre-orders means more cookies for their office parties

• Like 2

froggyluv I think they all about that Cake Life. If Apex goes party mode they need a serious Cake Boss cake.

And this just in off Twitter @Lathspel We hope to share more details on #Arma3Apex later this month. Stay tuned!

froggyluv I think they all about that Cake Life. If Apex goes party mode they need a serious Cake Boss cake.

And this just in off Twitter @Lathspel We hope to share more details on #Arma3Apex later this month. Stay tuned!

Well the last Saturday in May is the 28th, so assuming that "later this month" means "at the last possible date this month" and the reveal lifestreams usually take place on a Saturday, I would guess that that's the day.

I hope I'm wrong and it is earlier. I've reached the point where I don't really care anymore WHAT is in the Expansion as long as I get to see a few bits of it. Yeah I am getting impatient.

• Like 1

It's pain for them as well, when this long lasting silence makes players walk away.

When players stop playing a certain game for a long time, there is a big change that a lot of players not willing to look back; they lost interest in the old stuff and/or found new games that take their attention and time (and in that way, money).

• Like 2

Agreed.

I can understand why someone wouldn't tell anything - especially not to have people scream when something was originally announced and not in the final release.

However, keeping everything very secret with almost nothing said at all is kind of dangerous, because people can't hype the product and begin to be bored not to have any info at all and just walk away.

A good balance should be found about it - unfortunately, BIS PR (IMHO) isn't doing great till now.

Try imagining what it was like waiting between OFP and ArmA1 release and also waiting for ArmA2/OA and than the dreaded  long silence for ArmA3 when all that comotion went on, this here is nothing. Most likely see a live stream/reveal til than alls one can do is wait.

• Like 1

It's pain for them as well, when this long lasting silence makes players walk away.

When players stop playing a certain game for a long time, there is a big change that a lot of players not willing to look back; they lost interest in the old stuff and/or found new games that take their attention and time (and in that way, money).

The problem is and maybe they were aware of it or not. But three big titles are begging to be bought or pre-ordered at this stage. DOOM, BF 5 and now the new Modern Warfare. I do get that BF 5 and Modern W come out later.  I am sure that most of us are fan boys in our own right and would have still bought Apex no exception but we are a minority and a little bit of extra info from the beginning of the year may have kept the average player base intrigued until Apex went on Dev. This is the future and needs to be grown.

I have been told this very low key affair is part of the plan and the other argument is if they reveled too early and things got cut . People would have further issue. That may be...BUT! Why no more info about the Island. Vegetation types? Animals? Projected Musical scores. Buildings? Tanoa it seems was finished a while back. In the end I hope its worth it and I hope I am wrong.

• Like 1

Both these titles are still in Development. But a steady stream of Development updates are available.

https://joinsquad.com/#updates

And Friday the13th

http://f13game.com/

My point is you can create a spoiler free Dev forum that would encourage player participation. Get more people interested in essentially something that will boost pre order sales. Sharing of new game features and confirmed features and possibly final models or artwork. I am not saying they needed to show it all. But there could have been a build up. Challenges. Unlocks on Steam.

But lets hope we do get details soon.

• Like 1

Releasing a screenshot or some concept art every week would be cool.

Currently we know about weapons, character and vehicles as much as an year ago at pcgamer unveil of tanoa.