Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

I mean, what you said is what I think it would make more sense. But again, we are talking about BI. So again, I guess they meant first content and then missions.  :P

I think you could not play the missions without the Gear. Board that Vehicle? Use that Weapon? So I think it will be plausible gear first then Campaign. That way they can bug test the items prior to campaign issues. But honestly I could be wrong. I am in the dark more so now.

On problem with North Korea... Not a single country backs them at current, and i don't see that changing in the future (given no one likes nukes, at least not when anyone is a target now). Thus North Korea, even if ended up being a faction reminiscent in game would be like... Fighting the Vietcong with Halo gear. In short, it would eclipse what CSAT currently is, which is a high tech, modern, and competent foe that actually conveys their power as more than a match for NATO (which i like, i'm sick of the Blufor in games always being the best, and slaughtering the enemy), which brings out a fantastic challenge feel to the game.

darksidesixofficial CSAT was meant to dominate NATO. NATO was bankrupt. I would also have no issue if CSAT was better. Regards Game design remember there are no real right or wrongs. I highlighted CSAT has basically German and Israeli weapons. So North K can be ultra Modern. Look at the new Homefront game. While I get ArmA 3 is meant to tie into modern day narratives. That was canceled when they cooked up CSAT. Artist discretion. CSAT is also a amalgamation of Asian countries,  the Middle East and Russia.

You could even spin it that NK though part of CSAT is more Militant regards to expansion policies and isn't keen to sit ideally by. Also its a game regards Nukes. The original OFP had a Nuke.

I am not saying dated AK74's. But players would not object to AK 12s and the upgraded AK. What happens if the guerrilla used AK74's? Or at least Railed versions

Three reasons.

Please no.

Either stick with the PRC and have Mainland China as an OPFOR, or go fictional and have something like a CSAT-allied coalition of Oceania nations or something. We don't need another Crysis/Homefront with North Koreans using super-advanced gear invading an island in the South Pacific...

The Community has largely complained the 2035 setting is too far ahead into the future. 

Copy & pasted gear across factions =/= "too far ahead into the future".

I think it's been explained quite enough times in the past that the majority of the vanilla A3 stuff is nowhere near close to being technology that you would expect to see in the mid 2030s.

Perhaps tie in current Korean Weapons again the "Futuristic" NATO. I saw AK's and RPG7's. If we could amalgamate North K and China we could have their gear to.

The new OPFOR faction would not be deploying relatively outdated gear (by 2035 standards) to frontline forces, whether it's the PRC or some other client nation. If they were CSAT-backed guerrillas, then maybe it would make sense, but not the main OPFOR faction itself.

Besides there are plenty of addons already available right now that can be used to bridge the contemporary weapon gap. There's no need for the main game to add stuff that's already been done by modders.

I mean they CSAT have the German HK1421 MG and the Israeli NEGEV. So how liberal do you want to take things?

The current CSAT forces represent the Iranian Armed Forces. Iran in real life also makes its own licensed (and unlicensed) copies of the MP5, Steyrs, AR-15s, and even ACRs, so it's not too far fetched to see them copy something like the HK121 or the NG7.

• Like 2

Looks great can't wait to try it out.  

On a side note that poor Chinese woman on the last photograph is crying, I have the feeling she's been severely brainwashed. :ph34r:

Couldn't NK technically be considered part of CSAT already? The current seems to have some Asian mixed in.

"Its hardly like it a suprise! Its F-ing China, man!" (Only eavesdropped on part of that conversation. Assumed it confirmed CSAT's Asian connections)

Couldn't NK technically be considered part of CSAT already? The current seems to have some Asian mixed in.

Asian? CSAT? Let's see...

It's called Canton Protocol Alliance Treaty, Canton is a Chinese city (Guangzhou), and the main faction in Arma 3 is Iranian. Iran is a huge Asian country. And in the intro map there's also references of China and Thailand being part of CSAT...

Arma 3 official website:

Formed at the apex of the Canton Protocol summits, this strategic alliance of states is built upon the goals of mutual defense, expanded global influence, and sustained economic growth.

Arma 3 Campaign Intro

http://www.youtube.com/312X0EwAuOQ?t=33

• Like 1

Asian? CSAT? Let's see...

It's called Canton Protocol Alliance Treaty, Canton is a Chinese city (Guangzhou), and the main faction in Arma 3 is Iranian. Iran is a huge Asian country. And in the intro map there's also references of China and Thailand being part of CSAT...

Arma 3 official website:

Arma 3 Campaign Intro

http://www.youtube.com/312X0EwAuOQ?t=33

This. And also why my main speculation being that China HAS to be the main player in Apex. It's all to clear, and China is the one most active in the entire Pacific region.NO other country is more active in the Pacific than China, and being a major member of CSAT, it can only be.

• Like 2

Note that China got a mention as itself in the news ticker remarking on their blue water program instead of that just being their contribution to CSAT, whereas Iran isn't mentioned at all despite the signs.

• Like 2

Personaly I prefer the Russians. Always liked them as the "Red" fraction. Just seems to be right.

Although it's more logical the encounter China in the Passific Ocean and they would be great as CSAT, I probably will not like that only the face is different, while the Chinees man is (of course, exceptions are there) physically smaller than the current Arma model. Same goes for North Korea; great as an CSAT force (little puppet of China goes mad, just after years of support to get them to modern standard power), but it will annoy me (It also annoys me that their is just one model, like every man is the same - forget about the absense of women!).

Hope at least they will make the CSAT speak Chinees/Russian/Korean and not Farsi/Persian, if they will be something different then the current CSAT. Again a missed change, to let the AAF speak Englisch and not Greek.

• Like 1

if they will be something different then the current CSAT. Again a missed change, to let the AAF speak Englisch and not Greek.

I guess they used Malta as a reference for that. Former UK Mediterranean Island colony turned into independent country. There English is one of the official languages, same could be in Altis. 

I guess they used Malta as a reference for that. Former UK Mediterranean Island colony turned into independent country. There English is one of the official languages, same could be in Altis. 

Now you point that out, you could be right.

Still, with such a heavy accent, would of loved a native language cq dialect.

in the speculation thread everything is possible............

Well sharks are already in-game, if you dive in the Altis or Stratis sea you can find blue sharks ...

Really?  I can't recall seeing them in the configs.  AFAIR, it's just the catshark you mentioned (and some other random boring fish).

Really?  I can't recall seeing them in the configs.  AFAIR, it's just the catshark you mentioned (and some other random boring fish).

As far as I remember there were "big" sharks while diving in the open seas, and they looked pretty much like blue sharks.  :wacko: 

Try diving few km from the coast.

• Like 1

As far as I remember there were "big" sharks while diving in the open seas, and they looked pretty much like blue sharks.  :wacko: 

Try diving few km from the coast.

A few km out? That would probably explain why I never saw any either. Never went diving more than 300 yards or so away from the nearest shoreline. :blush2:

I suspect this has been posted before but if i were in BI's position i would try to fit the NEMO mortar system into the expansion since the artwork is already complete perhaps with comparable mobile light artillery/mortar vehicles for the other factions.  http://www.abload.de/img/arma3_screeenshot_egchx2t7.jpg

I'd dearly hope to see the shotgun asset from E3 (2012?) return too as i'm sure BI still have it. I would expect similar analogues for each faction.

I don't think BI introduced the telescoping sensor mount on the Fennek earlier this year just for one vehicle (and the remote designator); It seems plausible to me that the system was developed for an APEX asset and the functionality was ported to the Fennek for consistency. I think the timeline of the telescoping sensor release patch fits this narrative

The system was first announced on February 25th 2015 ( https://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00095 )

On the development roadmap that translates into just about the middle of APEX development ( https://arma3.com/assets/img/post/images/a3_apex_roadmap.png )

I tried to look up MRAPs with existing telescoping sensor mounts but it seems lockheed has developed a very modular system that fits onto just about any vehicle including a commercial SUV so im afraid i'll have to take off my detective hat here :D

The XM-25 was also spotted in E3 screenshots http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/gamestar_arma3_4_4.jpg and i was very sad to see it not in the main release. Air-burst munitions will/do play a major role in modern combat, the XM307 which is modeled in A3 was designed around the very premise ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM307_Advanced_Crew_Served_Weapon ) despite the lack of functionality in game. The US Army has recognized the advantage of air-burst munitions for a long time and has invested quite a lot of money in its development; The AMP round which will replace MPAT in the Abrams  will have air burst capabilities ( http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/42/1444672794-amp-round.png ). On a positive note i feel like the inclusion of the XM-25 and XM-307 in A3 illustrate that someone at BIS recognized the importance of this technology and the actual functionality never made it into the game because no time/ no resources/ higher priority work.

I'm very hopeful that BIS will rectify this problem in APEX.

My speculation:

• NEMO Mortar
  • Shutgun class
  • more vehicles (or even static surveillance posts like the LRAS) with telescoping sensor mounts
  • female models
  • XM-25 / other air burst counter defilade weapon systems)

I think these are pretty safe bets since art assets/ some functionality exists for each of these features.

• Like 1

My speculation:

• NEMO Mortar
  • Shutgun class
  • more vehicles (or even static surveillance posts like the LRAS) with telescoping sensor mounts
  • female models
  • XM-25 / other air burst counter defilade weapon systems)

Nemo mortar, shotgun class and XM-25 were already in first release speculations, but they didn't appear. They were just place-holders/proof of concept, as the F-35. I would like this too, especially the mortar, but it's still possible that they let it in the trash can.

--EDIT LINE : some people pointed you that the NEMO turret can be used on boats too, which would fit fine with Tanoa--END OF EDIT LINE

We already talk about female models a few pages ago, we all want it but they're very likely to never appear on Arma 3. Speculations start around this message.

About new vehicles, of course there will be new vehicles, and it would be too bad that they don't support features like telescoping parts. I though that they were added only for these little turrets in Marksmen, but now it's in the game and they can use it for anything they want.

Petr why you so quiet?

Seriously, if they want "non-community-involved" players to buy it, they have to present it. A lot of video game website still don't know anything about Apex. A lot of player who follow only the Arma 3 Twitter account or Arma 3 steam group, but who don't read sitreps and stuff, don't know that Apex is coming.

Something else BIS mentioned about Apex; the revive system. What do you thing; will it also become available for single player?

But who would revive you? The ai is too busy shooting a target across the map.

I just think that it's the revive system that they're adding for end game.

Seriously, if they want "non-community-involved" players to buy it, they have to present it. A lot of video game website still don't know anything about Apex. A lot of player who follow only the Arma 3 Twitter account or Arma 3 steam group, but who don't read sitreps and stuff, don't know that Apex is coming.

Mitrail..I was told today by an Arma 3 ambassador. How he knows I don't know. Anyway he said they on lockdown.

My thoughts are what can they be cooking up that is so "revolutionary" that this level of secrecy is warranted. iPhone 7 type hush hush or is this the first iPhone ever deal? Is this because the oopsy of the accidental Tanoa leak before E3 and they refuse to repeat that mistake. Which I read it wasn't even their fault. And I don't look at it and go well the Cat's out of the Bag. I am not now buying as it looks bad? If they said after Apex there is another Expansion. Guess which fool will pre-order again? ME! I am sure we all are super excited and will be glad we get something. Even if its less then (I They We Us) expected.

Are they afraid to trust us as in we will see too much and out right hate it; so to mitigate that they holding it so tight it has virtually no hype thus when it does get released we wont say yeah well they didn't hype it. We will accept what we get? I mean I am sure a large part of us on this thread pre-ordered in good faith. I do not for a second regret it. But have a little faith in us. I get up every day and check this thread because well...I am genuinely excited what will happen and B: what people say. More so I am curious what they think about it.

But you right if they want to grow this player base. Against the deluge of Dooms and Fallouts and what not. They have to show some Leg B) :o You have a great product..in spite of what I rant about. Examples Zeus. Karel's team on 3Den. Arsenal. All the Tweaks. Visual updates. Sound. Bi-pobs. The list goes on!

• Like 1