Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

Maybe the Tanoa jungle will be quite similar to Star Wars Battlefront jungle :D

Jungle terrain but no fastrope for insertion, unfortunately :(

However, I hope it will eventually make it...

Marksmen and Helicopter DLC were very specifically designed for "enthusiastic users" who don't bother spend money in the game. Developing features take time and cost money. It's quite obvious that paying for this content, or Karts, was not made for everyone.

On my side, I bought Arma 3 in alpha for 25€ and it's the game I've played the most in my life. I bought the DLC bundle for 20€, to me it was overpriced for the content they add, but not compared to the time I had already spend on the game.

Tanoa, as a main expansion, seems to be made for a broader audience. They want more people to buy it, so they have to add more content. They're certainly not working on DLCs and on the expansion the same way.

(btw, if they want people to buy it, they should up the skirt and show a little bit more... just saying).

And finally, the Apex Edition of the game cost 60€. With that, you have  the game, Apex, all the DLC plus some other stuff(tactical guide, soundtracks...). Other companies would have sale it for WAY more. Like 120€.

People always seem to look back instead of forward and to the future.  I don't want APEX to be OA but much more improved expansion since they learned from the past and can improve this a lot.

And BTW I have the feeling that the release will be pushed back.. Maybe a month or two until August or September. I hope I'm wrong but that's how I feel.

Its fine to go forward. But if its delayed it may be a good time to say ah Guys.... at least tell us poor sods who pre-ordered here is why. Pre-order often means perks and early access. I feel I haven't gotten anything when compared to someone who hasn't bought Apex.

And if you do not want the amount of content OA had. Then what pray tell do you feel Forward wise would work? Lasers? OA is a great expansion...dare I say a benchmark.

• Like 1

I'll choose postpone over unfinished product.

+1 Agreed.

One thing why do we all feel OFP had the best story ever? How to create a true sequel that has that lore. Its like making that that elusive Aliens sequel or that Back to the Future 4 title.

Marksmen and Helicopter DLC were very specifically designed for "enthusiastic users" who don't bother spend money in the game. Developing features take time and cost money. It's quite obvious that paying for this content, or Karts, was not made for everyone.

On my side, I bought Arma 3 in alpha for 25€ and it's the game I've played the most in my life. I bought the DLC bundle for 20€, to me it was overpriced for the content they add, but not compared to the time I had already spend on the game.

Tanoa, as a main expansion, seems to be made for a broader audience. They want more people to buy it, so they have to add more content. They're certainly not working on DLCs and on the expansion the same way.

(btw, if they want people to buy it, they should up the skirt and show a little bit more... just saying).

And finally, the Apex Edition of the game cost 60€. With that, you have  the game, Apex, all the DLC plus some other stuff(tactical guide, soundtracks...). Other companies would have sale it for WAY more. Like 120€.

Still €45 is till very little for all the content and features you get, if you look at battlefield or COD you basicly get way less for €60/70 and then you have the "season pass" (fancy name for dlc bundle that holds maybe 1 or 2 dlc's) and pay up another 50 € and then another 15€ for every "dlc" (mostly one small map or 2/3 weapons) I would say BIS is very cheap in its dlc strategy andyou acctually get proper content for your money compared to others

• Like 3

Yes, BIS DLCs are cheaper, but their marketing skills are also very cheap. As "mitrail" said it, "they should up the skirt and show a little bit more", this way we will know what is under the skirt. We don't want to have ugly and stiff surprise on wedding night :D

• Like 2

Yes, BIS DLCs are cheaper, but their marketing skills are also very cheap. As "mitrail" said it, "they should up the skirt and show a little bit more", this way we will know what is under the skirt. We don't want to have ugly and stiff surprise on wedding night :D

The metaphor was probably too colorful for my taste, but I agree with your point.

I don't dislike being surprised. Considering all the recent progress enginewise, i'm patiently waiting for the island and probably a new campaign.

• Like 1

lato190 Not fighting..but if the collective backlash on both DLC's were we paid X and you delivered so little. Surely a good business says lets double down and get the standard up so we can avoid future backlash.

I mean lets be frank if the complaints all focused on little content surely they should take note and not be as mentioned EA. And what about someone like me who would have paid more for more? Why not have 3 expansion models. Lite, Medium and Premium?

You may say that may split the player base. But the DLC's did that already-its behind a pay wall. Simple No Marksmen DLC-no new boom sticks. That did exclude others and since Apex is tied to an Island it will further so offer three tailored versions with content based on what you need. Variety is the spice of life.

Perhaps tie that into a Premium features pack of say fast roping or stealth kills, coupled to some Spec ops hero units with added stamina or carrying capacity. If you want my money take it but please give me choices. Also its wrong to assume we all want X. Reading the replies here some want features. Others want 20 vehicles and 30 guns. Could that not have been tied to a base Expansion of said island and the basics and with bolt on extras of A B c and D=Features that wont break the game but be premium features for say someone who wants more advanced fixed wing flight models.

Aliens Colonial Marines is now seen as a flop. But on Steam are bolt on extras you can pay for after the base game.

But I am worried. What happened in the two DLC's has made me lose faith that this Expansion wont be more then some re-skins. A new story and few odds and ends including a new weapon here and there. That LSV and VTOL and lastly the crowing jewel as Jay Crowe said Tanoa.

• Like 1

Take a new look at this.

Apex development is longer that TWICE Marksmen AND Helicopter development. It's more than two years of development. The map Tanoa was presented (which mean that it was already playable) like 10 month ago.

No seriously, they start working on Heli AFTER Apex. DLC were just side projects, the Expansion is not one. You can't expect the same volume of assets.

---But still, they can't remain so silent about all this development. It's almost worrying, they know their subject, they know what they will be able to deliver. They should seriously communicate more, even if it's only secondary features.

I really want fast roping in A3, fast roping from helicopter on buildings and then rappel down the same buildings or cliffs. Now that's a game. Imagine making Black Hawk Down mission or Black Ops mission where you rappel down (without that window breaching), it would be so awesome. Ah well ... 

One thing that I would like to see in future is when you use Target computer on Arty, the barrels go always in same up position. Shooting at 200m and 2 000m same barrel position. I agree, to make it simple and without need of complicating stuff, use one position. Then you see MRLS aming at ~75 degrees, ugly and unrealistic. At least fix MLRS at max 45 angle. 

Take a new look at this.

Apex development is longer that TWICE Marksmen AND Helicopter development. It's more than two years of development. The map Tanoa was presented (which mean that it was already playable) like 10 month ago.

No seriously, they start working on Heli AFTER Apex. DLC were just side projects, the Expansion is not one. You can't expect the same volume of assets.

---But still, they can't remain so silent about all this development. It's almost worrying, they know their subject, they know what they will be able to deliver. They should seriously communicate more, even if it's only secondary features.

yep, if they want more sales, they should bring infos. but, for me arma 3 without APEX is enough. There is CUP and toadies weapons arsenal and plenty of community islands and ACE. Im happy with free mods which gives me more content for free than few content which costs me 29,99€. I have already enough fun with the addons ive downloaded and my arma is full with content. It rather spend that money to addon creators that spend theyr freetime and gain no income to give the community tons of good quality content.

So far, what do we have?

-Some pics and 1 video of Tanoa

-We know there will be VTOL and coop campaign (no more info)

-Some pics of 1 jeep (not officially announced by BIS - only by a dev, even if BIS let him show these pics)

- Some pics of jet ski

It's really not a lot of informations... or am I missing something else?

So far, what do we have?

-Some pics of 1 jeep (not officially announced by BIS - only by a dev, even if BIS let him show these pics)

- Some pics of jet ski

We have 3 videos of Tanoa (Tanoa's trailerDev Diary and parts of scanning the horizon 2016).

There's some pics too. 

We have the VTOL, the Spec Ops buggies for both sides (with different armed variants), the civilian prop plane (practically a Cessna TTX), the Jeep (a tuned Wrangler) and the civilian Zodiac with wheel and the water scooter.

The Jeep was commented in the past SITREP 151, so yeah, it's kind of "officially announced": "As an exception and with explicit permission we have indeed allowed External Artist Tomáš Velebný to update his portfolio with renders and screen grabs of the brand-new off-road vehicle he's created for the expansion.". 

A Co-op campaign, with ties to West Wind, of about 11 hours. 

Also there's tweets referring to new factions and weapons, as well as retextures of A3 assets. 

If we judge by Black Element's portfolio (where you'll recognize the water scooter and some Arma 3 stuff) there're also gonna be some wooden boats and some road-work vehicles.

So pretty much what we are missing are the in-game pics of the VTOL and buggies, as well as any info on the new weapons and factions. And obviously a final release date, tho BI repeated over and over that later this term. 

• Like 1

So far, what do we have?

- Some pics of jet ski

That's it so far:

Tanoa

Singleplayer Co-op

VTOL class

LSV class

jetski

Zodiac

Airplane (in trailer)

4:28 He does say:

Expansion will contain more vehicles, weapons, character as well as playable content.

How many and what is a guess

Not very much then... :(

Or maybe it's all what Apex will have lol :o

I don't remember whether they said that VTOL and LSV will be the only new classes, or if it's possible to have other new classes.

--Road-work vehicles from Black Element can be only composition objects, not actually drivable ones.

Maybe I'm naïve, but I've got some good hopes for this expansion, based on the past:

1. Operation Flashpoint got the Red Hamer and Resistance (still best story and love the Resistance expansion).

2. Arma got the Queens Gambit expansion (not that great expansion to me, but loved the basic game; played so many hours...).

3. Arma 2 got of course the beloved Operation Arrowhead expansion (wich it needed, since the basic game was not that much fun, at least not to me).

Now what did Arma 3 got as expansion? Nothing yet. Unless they count those dlc as heavy as above mentioned expentions, wich I seriously doubt (even the british forces dlc for Arma 2 was bigger than all three we got now).

I might be wrong, but would that be so bad? It's just a game after all (not even, a expansion!). Keep that in mind...

(Yes, I like the game but google helped me with this "memory lane trip". And please pardon my English; it's not my first language.)

• Like 1

new harness/vest and  backpacks (old DPM surely indonesia army)

equipment_03.jpg

equipment_01.jpg

• Like 2

new harness/vest and  backpacks (old DPM surely indonesia army)

As it seems that my previous post may have mislead some people:

If we judge by Black Element's portfolio (where you'll recognize the water scooter and some Arma 3 stuff) there're also gonna be some wooden boats and some road-work vehicles.

Allow me to clarify, Black Element is just a 3d Studio that provides models to different games, among them Arma 3 and Day Z.

So that backpack and chestrig could end in any of those (I'd bet DayZ) or in another game.

I would be disturbing to have a backpack with an Indonesian camo in Dayz, but not on Tanoa :P

I would be disturbing to have a backpack with an Indonesian camo in Dayz, but not on Tanoa :P

Day Z has alot of rag tag bits and pieces I would not be surprised if Misty is correct. Bits and pieces cobbled together or scavenged is often seen in these post apocalyptic movies/ games we all love to watch/play.

Can we have a Predator on Tanoa since its Speculation? :wub:

http://imgur.com/TqL0XBK

that backpack is actually in dayZ its the biggest one you can get