Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

^ that's hardly the fault of BIS, but of the mission creator. You know... If it would be "as usual in the industry", you wouldn't even be able to play on the server that runs with DLC gear. Now how would your post read then...

• Like 3

I figure this will get lost in the huge thread but I wanted to say it regardless.

BI, you outdid yourselves with this one. As someone who downloaded the demo for OFP way back in 2001 and have followed and played every title you have produced I can give a honest and experienced opinion.

The campaign, style, play ability and design is fantastic. I truly enjoyed the campaign and thought the story telling was excellent.

The weapons and vehicles additions, along with Tanoa are gorgeous. I have fallen right back in love with ArmA again. I drift away when other games come out but I always come back to the trusted friend that never lets me down. Thanks Devs and everyone at Bohemia, great job.

• Like 1

I have rather a simple question for you guys: those new goggles - do they have only thermal mode or they can actually switch between NV and thermal vision, like the "Nightstalker" scope? (Can't install Apex due to some technicall issues on my side, so can't check myself.)

I have rather a simple question for you guys: those new goggles - do they have only thermal mode or they can actually switch between NV and thermal vision, like the "Nightstalker" scope? (Can't install Apex due to some technicall issues on my side, so can't check myself.)

NV and TI.

Thank you for your answers, mates. That's exactly what I was hoping for.

Anyway iin apex the suspended rope bridge is mandatory...........

No sitrep today?

:(

Nah, there's a devblog which is primarily retrospective on the collective #RoadToApex with mention of planned improvements to Arma 3 Units, "AI planning" (which links to the AI driving feedback thread), the Arma 3 Samples, and BIKI documentation, and mention that they have a 2016-2017 roadmap but "we’re not positioned to make bold proclamations just yet."

• Like 1

Oh, I missed that...

Thanks a lot!

Although our 2016-17 roadmap is shaping up, we’re not positioned to make bold proclamations just yet.

Probably happens a week before it hits the dev-branch. :>

Probably happens a week before it hits the dev-branch. :>

Curious what is in store for 2017. I hope Civilians. Women civs and in soldiers. Fast roping. Carrying two primary weapons. Boats and the stuff cut like XM-25 Shotguns, Nemo mortar, Marshall HQ and Rail gun tank etc.

Perhaps we need to start a new 2017 road map thread...

It wouldn't be surprised if Arma 3 will go into feature lock, given it's reached it's "Apex" state. That means a smaller team doing maintenance only, with the content ppl moving on to work on whatever's next. Although if there's going to be an Arma 4, it  must be at least two years off, so maybe more DLC? A couple of years of bug fixing would really do the game some good in my opinion.

It wouldn't be surprised if Arma 3 will go into feature lock, given it's reached it's "Apex" state. That means a smaller team doing maintenance only, with the content ppl moving on to work on whatever's next.

Does 'polish' count as feature lock/maintenance though? We know that at least some stuff was confirmed to not be completely shot down but 'definitely not in time for July 11', i.e. see the differentiation between the two in the engine-native revive/unconsciousness thread OP.

They really want to gives us another edger road-map to keep us in speculatory limbo for the next half a year? I may just intentionally avoid these forums once it releases in that case. XD

015529.jpg?640x400

Gibbs Quadski? Yeah, i already requested that a long time ago. Would be amazingl perfect with Tanoa, we need more fast and a bit larger water craft. Hoping that's in their roadmap, because if it isn't, i would have to say it's Bohemia's biggest failure as a company not to include a wider range of assets for use in an Archipelago map, not to mention it's their last known official map for the series.

I stand corrected, here's SITREP #00166 a day later.

Our clean sweep of the game continues during these first few post-release weeks. Besides making improvements to Apex itself, we've also been addressing your reports on older content, and will continue to do so. Some documentation has already been published to the Bohemia Interactive Community Wiki, while more elaborate topics are in progress. This all goes hand-in-hand with mapping out our further roadmap for Arma 3 development and support. It will still be a little while before we have concrete details for you, but you're already in the right place once any news breaks!

Other highlights include tips for Apex Protocol (such as the partial implementation of End Game's Dynamic Groups functionality and several recent/promoted features delivered in the lead-up to Apex), a linked playthrough by Jester814 and company, the dev branch version of Launcher having mod search functionality, mixed news on performance degradation, the promotion of a how-to guide for the Feedback Tracker... and #Armaception.

Apex ERCO scope is glitched when zoomed.  The comes out and lands to the right of the zeroings.  It's like the ARCO back then.

So if its true devs read threads like this, concerning the Blackfish's AI pilot's complete inability to fly well, there are a few AC-130 gunship mods out there, some of which have an autopilot feature, which when activated, put the plane in a large, smooth circular flight pattern around a point on the map. Getting it to circle around the right point on the map, though, is a bit tricky without knowing where the center of the circle is going to be in relation to your plane.

So here's my idea. As a pilot, have an action-menu item "autopilot" and as a copilot/passenger/AI leader, an AI command menu item "designate flight pattern". Selecting either will bring up the map, where you can create a waypoint. On the side could be a menu like the artillery computer, where you can select your desired altitude and radius of flight around the waypoint. You then select "execute" and the autopilot or AI will go into the desired flight.

This would be immensely  beneficial both flying with AI and noob players, and for flying solo when your team is under-staffed.

WHAT THE LITERAL FUCK??

I came here pissed about the new Apex "Singleplayer" Campaign and wanting to leave feedback about it. Now I'm pissed that there are so many restrictions for new accounts. It seems to me such restrictions are there at least in part to filter out people motivated by dissatisfaction LIKE ME. When I am happy playing your product I would much rather be using your product than waste time in forums....maybe that's just me.

Ok so now the main point. I HATE I HATE I HATE I ABSOLUTELY HATE the Apex expansion. It is NOT a singleplayer campaign. It is a MULTIPLAYER CO-OP campaign that I CAN PLAY ALONE IF I WISH, but there is NO character development, and the only way it's "RELATED TO EASTWIND" is because of some british accent implying Captain Miller and company is involved. THE SINGLEPLAYER "CAMPAIGN" IS NOT EVEN ACCESSIBLE FROM THE CAMPAIGN MENU!!!!! The ONLY reason I bought Apex was because I thought there will be a real campaign that continues in some form from where we left off in Altis! I want to let you know that I will be pressing steam for a refund for reason of false advertisement.

I have to be honest Bohemia,  you can delete this and go back to your continuous feedback loop of only positive to slightly unpleasant-only criticism, and avoid all the real displeased voices, but the last few years there is something wrong with your management. It is BLATANTLY clear with how you managed that pseudo-scam product DayZ (yeah I get it...it wasn't REALLY Bohemia...it was someone else - that guy that left....yeah yeah...bullshit. DayZ was always tied with an umbilical chord to BI). Now its showing in this expansion. I really doubt if there is an ArmA4 I will buy it or will be able to recommend it to anybody.

Peabot unfortunately that ship has set sail. That is nothing is gonna change. Mainly maintenance updates before resources are spent on Arma 4 or a new Expansion.

Yes the Co-op was short and had nothing really to do with the previous established "lore". I personally hoped for an extensive build up pitch to the CSAT PLA. We in invade Tanoa for what now again? Earth minerals or the "device" or because they had a natural disaster and we decided to use that as an excuse to invade and make buddies with the Syndikat.

In other news....oh wait:(

Peabot, maybe you should learn to read? That would save you from a lot of unnecessary stress. The Apex campaign was always advertised as multiplayer coop. 

If you spend money, you should know on what.