Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

Objects appear in the 1.62 at shorter range. At 1.60 I saw the target at 900 m. 1.62 only 700 m.

Red getting up target. Object Settings "ultra". The visibility range of facilities 5000m.

That is how it should be? Or I broke settings?

Launch Trailer

Which frankly just highlights all of the things the campaign could have been, but wasn't. Unless we're getting some surprise release of SP content, but I don't see that happening.

Launch Trailer

Which frankly just highlights all of the things the campaign could have been, but wasn't. Unless we're getting some surprise release of SP content, but I don't see that happening.

Yeah, that trailer looks great... but also hella confusing. Nothing in it is seen like that in the actual game, unless I already forgot everything about it.

Yeah, that trailer looks great... but also hella confusing. Nothing in it is seen like that in the actual game, unless I already forgot everything about it.

There're lot of moments on that trailer that depict parts of the Apex protocol campaign. The non-urban cuts mostly. The urban ones are mainly from End Game I think.

"depict" yeah, but that's it. The actual gameplay simply isn't as in the trailer, unless the trailer is meant as an example of what players can make for themself if they spent a while in the editor.

Damn, would have loved getting through the city with scenes like in the trailer, or seeing the military base "in action" etc.

Only the scenes from 0:46 to 0:59 are from the campaign. Everything else is either End Game, which I haven't played on Tanoa so I wouldn't know, or made up for the trailer.

What happened to the cool squad awarenesss HUD that was in Dev branch?  Is that removed from official release? 

ebo's? Seriously? Way to make modder's life harder. I would LOVE to mod the CSAT VTOL in order to add a variant for BLUFOR along with new skin for it. I guess I wont, since everything is encrypted...

It won't be encrypted forever.

Just noticed something. The photo shows the steam servers traffic caused by downloading in the last 48 hours. The peak is about the time apex came out.

0b944171997cef3c4c7f225338d76b1b.png

What happened to the cool squad awarenesss HUD that was in Dev branch?  Is that removed from official release? 

Its strange, you can see it if you go to change the HUD layout, but not in the options to enable. Guess someone forgot to bring it over. Sooner would be better than later :)

As for the EBO's didn't they say they were going to release templates to let us mod skins etc? I remember 'liking' the post!

Anybody know the location coordinates of the Smuggler Cave?  I rememer someone posted a video.  It has an underwater entrance by some big rocks and near a wreck I think.

If somebody who knows where it is you can save me some time.  I just wasted 20 minutes looking for it.

Thanks in advance!

That's supposed to be a flare if I'm not wrong and if that's what you mean with the image, but no, should be way brighter and red, not orangish. 

My guess is either you got some messed up files or some addons/recolouring filters messing things up. Hope it helps :/

That's supposed to be a flare if I'm not wrong and if that's what you mean with the image, but no, should be way brighter and red, not orangish. 

My guess is either you got some messed up files or some addons/recolouring filters messing things up. Hope it helps :/

Not a flare, it hangs over all of the barrels on fire in perpetuity. If no one else is seeing it, it must be someone on my end.

Hmm, weird, has just played the campaign with some friends and we passed by some of those barrels and I personally didn't see it and none of my mates pointed it out so I guess yeah, it's on your end.

I cant believe that Qilin LSV still doesn't have ammo on it's minigun

I cant believe that Qilin LSV still doesn't have ammo on it's minigun

Using any mods?

I can't believe they didn't even bother to retexture the NATO vehicles...  :rolleyes:

Because they are just a bonus for the faction. Same as the retextured CSAT vehicles. They aren't even used in the campaign and I think they mentioned it somehow this way in one of the few videos.

Yes, but considering that a large portion of the content in Apex is just retextures, it would have been nice. Why do CSAT and not NATO? I think they'll probably add them later.

Because they are just a bonus for the faction. Same as the retextured CSAT vehicles. They aren't even used in the campaign and I think they mentioned it somehow this way in one of the few videos.

As if the Tanoa experience was just about the campaing.

Maybe it is just me but when I was playing the beta, my video cards (2-ways GTX 980 Ti sli) were running at quite full charge, since release my video card GPUs aren't even used...

Is there something I'm missing ?

I really hate bohemias aggressive trade policy. I bought Arma 3 in sale, but when i started play, i cannot take almost anything becouse almost every piece of gear from enemies was part of some DLC. If i took it, it was unplayable cause some big icons on entire screen, which offer me purchesable addons from DLCs. So i had to buy it. Now they released Apex and it is much worse. Game is crashing after tooking some gear from this DLC, which is really everywhere. Each enemy has new gun or new uniforms. So i really dont recommend to buy this game or DLC, becouse after Bohemia release new DLC, you wont be able to play your favorite mods, which are reason why i bought this game. Not everyone has so much money to buy every DLC, which is more expensive than whole game.