Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

I would assume they have some ideas. But they are probably waiting for the Apex release and will start to collect lots of feedback and community wishes post launch, and recap their approach so far. Then decide which ideas might be worth pursuing in order to keep the platform profitable. There's also holiday season in between. I'm sure artists, programmers, and designers alike have earned some time off.

I believe we'll get news of what's coming ahead with APEX release or shortly after that, although i think BI is still going to pump out new content for it for another while (and i have a decent idea of what they're going for next :) ).

I believe we'll get news of what's coming ahead with APEX release or shortly after that, although i think BI is still going to pump out new content for it for another while (and i have a decent idea of what they're going for next :) ).

That's mean  :386:  Even if you didn't know making us think you know is just as bad.  :D Still looking forward to the final release and the news to come.

• Like 1

6 days!
And we'll have to wait until the evening... :( :( :(

Kickstarter is dangerous. If it doesn't make the required amount of money, chances are, such a project would never come to reality. Besides, I really don't think this model would work for a big game like Arma. Besides#2, I'll guess it would spawn a hail of criticism about the usual again.

Still, I am all for more DLCs. Just saying (again).

Hi

While I don't want this to sound like a butt hurt reply-it isnt. And in a calm rationale tone here is my counter reply

Friday the 13th game. Kickstarted. I cant off the top of my head quote successes versus failures related to kick started campaigns. I would have to look online. But there is a proof of concept game that started off from this. The only way it can fail is if people don't pay.

If it doesn't make the required amount of money, chances are, such a project would never come to reality. Two issues. This is Hear say arguments. Like Maybe this or Maybe that will happen. Everything in life is a risk. Waking up getting into car to go to work can involve risk and death. There is also never anything perfect. If we had to take risk versus reward we would never do anything. How this ties into video games. Well the new old DOOM. All developed with no kickstarter. Released. Commercial success. Reasons...pre-established company profile and the fact id Software is DOOM. BIS is Arma. Its not like they asking us to fund some game or concept that is "alien" to their IP's or criteria. Either way a new expansion would go down like hot cakes. By the way isnt Day Z also semi WIP without a kickstarter. But yet its still alive and I assume its still being bought.

In fact reading all the still present issues and wishes about Arma 3. There is still scope for new content and systems. From a new medical system. Logistics. Fast roping. Naval assets. Cut content.Civilians. Women. Its not like they going to go into this blindly with no frame of reference and assume incorrectly regards community wishes. Anyone who reads these threads knows whats going on. Shit I don't even work for them and most of us know whats going on regards to WIP content and features.

I'll guess it would spawn a hail of criticism about the usual again. We all know this will happen no matter what. But again measured constructive analyses and getting a "pulse" from the community what is wanted to stave off a lot of criticism. The only reason I was on Rant street a few weeks back. because there was an Apex vacuum of no details with a date looming around the corner. Every Kid at Christmas expects the best gift ever. Apex was that gift.

6 days!

And we'll have to wait until the evening... :( :( :(

You didnt say the magic words. May I *please* see the storage facility, Mr. Venkman? I mean Campaign

Is Apex Protocol available in dev now?

Campaign is on DEV. Performance better then it was when Arma 3 first released the East Wind Campaign. Damn, perhaps you may not need a new PC after all, since i'm getting like 60 FPS anyways. For Multiplayer however, that's another story.

Campaign is on DEV. Performance better then it was when Arma 3 first released the East Wind Campaign. Damn, perhaps you may not need a new PC after all, since i'm getting like 60 FPS anyways. For Multiplayer however, that's another story.

Yep, performance seems up again from the last couple of days worth of builds. I think people who aren't on Dev will have a welcome surprised perf increase once APEX drops next week.

Still hope for the crocodiles. Came across a bunch of sheep and a dog on Altis. I'm sure they weren't there before. Haven't find any animals on Tanoa yet.

Still hope for the crocodiles. Came across a bunch of sheep and a dog on Altis. I'm sure they weren't there before. Haven't find any animals on Tanoa yet.

Sheep and dogs-and goats and rabbits-have always been available on Altis.

Offtopic, but as you were looking for crocs, here is the next best thing- https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190671-great-white-shark/

• Like 1

Sheep and dogs-and goats and rabbits-have always been available on Altis.

Offtopic, but as you were looking for crocs, here is the next best thing- https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190671-great-white-shark/

Thanks for the tip.

Although I don't understand why I never encountered the sheep and dogs before, after like 500 hours of gameplay.

• Like 1

Anyone know what time of day Apex will go up on the stable branch tomorrow?

Anyone know what time of day Apex will go up on the stable branch tomorrow?

Central European "evening". So within 20-24 hours I guess.

Central European "evening". So within 20-24 hours I guess.

I think around 16:00 (C.E.T) and if not it will be around 19:00 (C.E.T.), don't forget that Valve needs to push the green light button also ;-)

Send with mobile

Thanks for the tip.

Although I don't understand why I never encountered the sheep and dogs before, after like 500 hours of gameplay.

You never encountred them because the missions you played never had them placed.They don't spawn like the rabbits-they have to be placed in the editor.But they have always been available in the editor.

Just out of interest, I downloaded Tanoa on the dev build but I've now switched back to the normal build....do I have to manually download tanoa again (ie. it doesn't like copy across from dev?); and do I have to manually delete tanoa from the dev build to remove the 10 gigs or whatever the size is?

You never encountred them because the missions you played never had them placed.They don't spawn like the rabbits-they have to be placed in the editor.But they have always been available in the editor.

The rabit is in the editor, but I don't find a sheep or dog...

Animal module or Site module -> Animals.

The five eyes(U.K.,U.S.,Canada,Australia,New Zealand)vs the new axis(China,Russian,North Korea,Japan,Iraq,Iran,Syria

Just out of interest, I downloaded Tanoa on the dev build but I've now switched back to the normal build....do I have to manually download tanoa again (ie. it doesn't like copy across from dev?); and do I have to manually delete tanoa from the dev build to remove the 10 gigs or whatever the size is?

I switched back to the stable build (from the Apex sneak peek), and it looks like it's downloading the whole 9.6 GB Apex update.

Is there any launch "event" of some kind, like a stream on twitch or something? The festivities seem rather low key :)

• Like 1

Is there any launch "event" of some kind, like a stream on twitch or something? The festivities seem rather low key :)

Probably due to the fact that most of the released content needs urgent polishing. The VTOL for instance are useless in AI hands... they even crash on take off. 

So I guess they'll focus on the hotfix.