Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

They just have 1 week left to release the campaign in dev...

I bet they'll release it on monday or tuesday.

Unless they delay the Apex release...

Doh! What am I saying? :wacko:

Unless they delay the Apex release...

Doh! What am I saying? :wacko:

Probably not the release, but just the campaign. Episodic East Wind campaign anyone which was supposed to arrive in three parts, each a month after Arma 3's release, and in the end took - what - thrice the time?^^

Don't say that!!!

Bad karma!!!

• Like 1

Release on July 4th perhaps? It's a week before Apex is out.

Release on July 4th perhaps? It's a week before Apex is out.

I hope so!

Episodic East Wind campaign anyone which was supposed to arrive in three parts, each a month after Arma 3's release

IIRC the devs implied that the Apex Protocol campaign is a lot shorter than The East Wind given that you're supposedly able to complete it in "one sitting", which I would assume means that its duration is roughly equivalent (or slightly more) to that of A2's Operation Arrowhead.

So there isn't really a valid excuse for delaying the campaign like this again.

Yeah, it's an expansion, so it means shorter campaign :( :( :(

Plus only 1 showcase... not a lot of SP content this time... :( :( :(

So I came across a crocodile farm on Tanoa today.

Since there are no crocodiles now in the editor, do you guys think we might get them later on?

(Probably not, but would be fun though.)

Maybe with such a short campaign to bug test before release, they'll have room to add in the missing boats that an Archipelago nation, or organizations like NATO/CSAT should have when occupying such a geography. =P

• Like 1

Maybe with such a short campaign to bug test before release, they'll have room to add in the missing boats that an Archipelago nation, or organizations like NATO/CSAT should have when occupying such a geography. =P

Only problem is that the people usually working on mission content aren't the ones working on 3d models, animations and code.

In a few hours, we'll know whether Apex Protocol is in dev... or not... :(

In a few hours, we'll know whether Apex Protocol is in dev... or not... :(

Hopefully.

(Also 900th post. :D)

So I came across a crocodile farm on Tanoa today.

Since there are no crocodiles now in the editor, do you guys think we might get them later on?

(Probably not, but would be fun though.)

I remember before Apex was even out I tweeted Jay Crowe regards to will we see Monkeys in Apex-its a jungle never the less. He said no but warned jokingly about Crocs. Good question. But I think at this stage with a week left before we "get it all". I doubt we will see more let alone new animals. Perhaps there is some Easter egg set up on a set date.

One thing I have learned about all this-Apex. And threads about Apex. Little details matter to people.

• Like 1

As much as I like what you have to say. And cant but agree...I do. I think we both know what the answer is to that...coughs sighs. I think give it a year and Modders would have caught up with some high poly awesome models related to Tanoa. I did read if its true RHS will soon or is working on a LAV.

I have tried to Tweet BIS directly and drop hints on their Facebook page what is next. The last I got was no concrete plans as yet. Either assets/ man power will be pulled to work on Day Z. One Sound guy I follow on Twitter has hinted that this is happening to him. Or work will start likely on Arma 4 if that is even a consideration yet.

I do hope we will see another expansion with more water related units. Women. Civilians. More props. If you use CUP you will see the exact same stuff from that but now in Apex/ Arma 3. Does anyone wonder why Bunkers haven't been changed in all these years.

I believe a large part of time went to making Tanoa and the last few months was the vehicles etc and no time considered for bells and whistles. But you have to wonder is some amphibious vehicles or some extra armed boats/ ships frivolous or bells and whistles? Even hearing the campaign is sparse lends further to the fact all energy went towards the island. Sorry guys. I am sure we tried hard on this thread to get more with at one stage this becoming a new wishlist. The sad fact is there will never be a Q and A with the senior Devs where we can "ask" the difficult stuff.

Nothing in today's devbranch update.

Is the co-op campaign playable in singleplayer ? I don't know what co-op means indeed

Yes, it is playable in SP.

Coop just means it is also playable up to 4 players.

• Like 1

Doesn't surprise me. :P It was said the campaign is short, so I'll guess we won't be seeing it before wednesday or something. Probably won't be much about testing / bug hunting anymore then anyway, as there is only so much you can do in the few days remaining. Probably ends up to be nothing but early access for people who are impatient. :>

As much as I like what you have to say. And cant but agree...I do. I think we both know what the answer is to that...coughs sighs. I think give it a year and Modders would have caught up with some high poly awesome models related to Tanoa. I did read if its true RHS will soon or is working on a LAV.

I have tried to Tweet BIS directly and drop hints on their Facebook page what is next. The last I got was no concrete plans as yet. Either assets/ man power will be pulled to work on Day Z. One Sound guy I follow on Twitter has hinted that this is happening to him. Or work will start likely on Arma 4 if that is even a consideration yet.

I do hope we will see another expansion with more water related units. Women. Civilians. More props. If you use CUP you will see the exact same stuff from that but now in Apex/ Arma 3. Does anyone wonder why Bunkers haven't been changed in all these years.

I believe a large part of time went to making Tanoa and the last few months was the vehicles etc and no time considered for bells and whistles. But you have to wonder is some amphibious vehicles or some extra armed boats/ ships frivolous or bells and whistles? Even hearing the campaign is sparse lends further to the fact all energy went towards the island. Sorry guys. I am sure we tried hard on this thread to get more with at one stage this becoming a new wishlist. The sad fact is there will never be a Q and A with the senior Devs where we can "ask" the difficult stuff.

But you know i'm not going to just let it go so easily until BI acknowledge the importance. I'm not advocating what they do, or how/if they add it into the game, but if they do on their own account i'm just interested in knowing they acknowledge how they're making the game-play of their own new map less interactive when a large layer of game-play is being completely left out, despite having no better opportunity then now to do so based on level design. Sigh, it's to the point i find the statement "no plans as of yet" laughable. At least their last stated plans were to expand VIVT to existing helicopters capable of doing so, which require work. But i don't see what stops them from going further with not much besides that, and i'm positive that even Arma 3: Units isn't that much of a handful to deal with either.

Anyhow though, i don't think this is a wishlist thread, i personally was bringing up valid concerns regarding Tanoa, not requesting. We all for the most part do try not to request as much, but the speculation is completely fine, however there were a couple of people who did stray a bit too far off the rails. Haha. Anyhow, i'm interested in Units, and the VIVT. We'll see.

• Like 1

darksidesixofficial lets bug Petr some more LOL for a new expansion. Problem is with the lone gun nut theory. No one takes him seriously until its a disaster. Basically the few asking for expansion plans "NOW"! Are seen as lone gun nuts. Easily dismissed and ignored. If we had to start a thread with a "We want a new expansion" with a straw poll. After a few hundred +1's we may get some sorta acknowledgment.

I have even suggested a Kickstarter fund set up before any development takes place that way they can get money up front to sweeten the deal with no risk it wont sell after its released. Again lone gun nut. Ignored.

Kickstarter is dangerous. If it doesn't make the required amount of money, chances are, such a project would never come to reality. Besides, I really don't think this model would work for a big game like Arma. Besides#2, I'll guess it would spawn a hail of criticism about the usual again.

Still, I am all for more DLCs. Just saying (again).

For those who have seen last Saturdays livestream with Brian Hicks about DayZ should have a better view on the "bigger" BI picture.

DayZ is already funded for the next few years (and he even mentioned DLC'S!) If we compare that with ARMA3 wich also was a bigger succes as they expected would mean the same thing for A3 and they got "plans" for at least a large amount of years).

Speaking of the sound man (Kryštof Havel) from BI and the rest of the audio team who gave ARMA3 vanilla audio a huge positive boost:

They want to do the same thing for DayZ as that also needs a good audio update.

For not getting a new "roadmap" yet........ Apex is not even released yet! In the past it happened that the "new roadmap " came a little while after the ending of the current roadmap, so I would not be suprised wenn a new roadmap will be released after the summer/somewhere in Q3 early start Q4 as the will be gathering feedback about apex during the summer.

In several occasions they have mentioned that the full support for A3 will go on for a long time, guessing from that it is going to be a while before ARMA4 gets even a glimp of light, understanding it correctly would mean it is not even beeing developed as all focus is on ARMA3 and DayZ at the moment (DayZ 1.0 is also planned for end of the year/early 2017), don't forget the A3 team at his full strength is +-70-80 developers and DayZ is a much smaler group and developers will move between both projects like the audio team, BI has just over 200 employees, meaning as example they could hire 2 separate audio teams (1 for A3 and 1 for DayZ) but wenn a project is done they would not have alot to do wich cost money and will make the games even more expensive.

About DLC'S: we all want that, and as shown in the past....... they make a large group happy and some are never pleased with what they get: see topic "missing content on APEX"............. we just got the (in my eyes) 1 of the best maps that has been released for a ARMA game in a verry long time (besides community made map), this map has been in development for a long time and has alot of fine details and even it comes with alot of new features AI not seeing you wenn you are not in the line of sight is really a good thing as example, I could almost execute AI from behind on close range while sneaking up on them in the woods, last year I would have been spotted a few hundred meters away.

But to go on about future DLC'S...... I am sure the A3 team will be thinking about what they should bring to the game this time, yes it would have been great to have some real good landing crafts(boats) to do a beach assault on Tanoa, but even if they would have done that other "complaints" would be coming: like missing air assets like we are getting now.

A DLC is always making 1 group of players happy, another group neutral and a group disliking it from top to bottom with "missing content" and so on......... sad to say it has always been that way and BI has to make a plan to balance between all our wishes and delivering what they want to deliver for A3.

Still alot of people compare A2 with A3 DLC's/expansions..... for those who have not noticed it.....

ARMA2 was all about delivering content and the A2 forums full with wishes for features (weapon resting, shooting from vehicles, slingload, loading vehicles in vehicles, new editor and a "game master" sort of thing to "make mission on the fly") wich were mostly made possible by the community mod makers and not BI.

With ARMA3 it is more the other way around: we are getting alot of features what we wished for with ARMA2 and get less content, and the "wishlist" from ARMA2 is still long but the community mod makers are the guys bringing the content.

If they in the future decide to give us more content it will mean recourses for features will be halted, simple basic running a business, if you want more content and more features....... DLC'S will become even more expensive.

Either way, wenn they come up in the near future with the idea for a new DLC (wich I really hope so) it will be a new topic opening with the "lack of.......", that's just how it always has been and will stay because they can't make every wish come true for each player, we all have special wishes and alot of them are shared but it is up to BI to decide to make it possible or go with another plan (and even if it is possible for A3).

And yes all features are availble for non DLC owners but those who contribute with buying the DLC'S get that extra created content wich is not availble to the not DLC owners (but that's another discussion).

Send with mobile

• Like 5