Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

95 percent of arma 3 players do not even know Arma 3 has a campaign! Relax.

Sources for this claim?

Well known fact that 87% of online-relayed statistics are made up on the spot.

• Like 5

Anyone can make up a statisic. 87 % of people know that.

I canny wait for the campaign. Few friends on steam have been asking about it. Never heard them ask about campaign stuff before.

• Like 1

I don't understand people who say "no one cares about the solo" just because THEY don't play it.

Whether it's Arma or another game.

• Like 1

49% of asses say your talking outta them

• Like 6

I have a short question:

In the developer diary they said that some new weapons and uniforms, etc will be for the coop and that they will hiding them unitl the coop campaign is released. So can we expect more weapons / uniforms or is all that we will see already in the sneak preview?

That may well be true, but those 5% still read the forums and when based on the overall number of Arma players, that 5% adds up to a lot of people. Agree it should've been in spoilers out of common courtesy.

NM....just saw there was a page full of responses. I'll take this a lesson learned to read the entire thread since my last visit before posting.

Seems you cant put the new scope on the older MX rifles...odd

And for some odd reason none of the CSAT Helicopters come in that swanky new Hex green camo. Have yet to check NATO

Seems you cant put the new scope on the older MX rifles...odd

And for some odd reason none of the CSAT Helicopters come in that swanky new Hex green camo. Have yet to check NATO

Just remember they have a month to finalize everything, maybe they are holding off on textures for NATO.

Yea it's miller,  "Acts_Breaching_Miller" has him sitting down on a chair supposedly like everyone saw in the trailer.

I have a short question:

In the developer diary they said that some new weapons and uniforms, etc will be for the coop and that they will hiding them unitl the coop campaign is released. So can we expect more weapons / uniforms or is all that we will see already in the sneak preview?

As far as we know, what we got in the sneak preview is what we will get.

• Like 1

it is? I think if we chant bis bis bs. Then maybe just maybe there'll be nice Lil surprise :D

Though I'd assume they'll change the unit configs at some point. And add some more textures. For example, last time I checked there were CTRG units wearing these heavy AAF vests in olive. I doubt that is going to stay that way. And back on Altis, CTRG troops had custom plate carriers in this snake optic. Maybe we'll get these again, just in Tanoa colours?

• Like 1

I have a short question:

I suppose this was a reference to the Viper gear and the 50cal underbarrel assault rifle, those have not been mentioned in the dev diary vidoe

• Like 1

I suppose this was a reference to the Viper gear and the 50cal underbarrel assault rifle, those have not been mentioned in the dev diary vidoe

But the coop campaign is not released yet.... I hope they will add something more.

Just remember they have a month to finalize everything, maybe they are holding off on textures for NATO.

Yea it's miller,  "Acts_Breaching_Miller" has him sitting down on a chair supposedly like everyone saw in the trailer.

One part of the story is spoilered in the dev video already....

(here is one small thing)

vE2dzPH.png

the Arma 3 campaign suprised me a lot in the good way. I hope that the new coop campaign suprises me too.

Let's take a look at the amount of weapons and vehicles in Apex.

• ad.Note => additional note
  • BN => brand new (new 3D model)
  • reskin => new texture(s) for old vehicles
  • DayZ => comes from DayZ

Additional note about Caesar : 4 external textures x 2 internal textures

mf66KWT.png

2 years of development, 10 brand new vehicles and 5 brand new weapons.

--EDIT

Erratum : first weapon in the list is in fact brand new, increasing the number to 6 new weapons

Let's take a look at Apex weapons en vehicles.

mf66KWT.png

All time went into Tanoa...the crown jewel.

Let's take a look at the amount of weapons and vehicles in Apex.

mf66KWT.png

1. there is no AK12 in dayz

2. if you think all the new content on Tanoa is autogenerated you'd be surprise to find out it isn't....

• Like 1

Now there is an idea that would have really helped...with the Stamina mechanic effecting gameplay and having to wait on AI/ Team mates carrying lots of MG ammo or AT rockets it would have been an awesome idea to have a AlphaDog Drone which could be your fast porter and be commanded much like a standard AI subordinate without the extra fluff of Prone and Fire at Will etc.

Meanwhile, the UGV's feel neglected even though it can carry a decent load of equipment.

• Like 1

1. there is no AK12 in dayz

2. if you think all the new content on Tanoa is autogenerated you'd be surprise to find out it isn't....

1 - edited my post, thank you for the intel

2 - Don't worry, I know that. I was just recapitulating informations about weapons and vehicles for those who might want a summary. That's maybe why I wrote "the amount of weapons and vehicles", but I'm not sure now.

I'm glad we've gotten to the point we can stop complaining about the MX khaki texture and the flat tropic uniform and get to the important s***

I don't agree with you, that is also important shit. Why? Because you paid that shit also, if you paid it, you deserved to be a good quailty and not a ripoff. I do hope everything in Apex is still WiP, one month should be more than enough for current Apex's stuff to be fixed/improved.

If you're evaluating the work done based on development time, then it may be worth noting that the water scooter and MB 4WD (not to mention a few other bits of gear and static objects) were also produced by external artists. Not saying it matters at all, just saying.

If you're evaluating the work done based on development time, then it may be worth noting that the water scooter and MB 4WD (not to mention a few other bits of gear and static objects) were also produced by external artists. Not saying it matters at all, just saying.

Yup, Caesar might be externally done too, as no vehicle had inside texture variants up to now in Arma 3. But internal or external doesn't change a lot of things, for us what matter is what we have for what we paid.

It also bears to mention that a large portion of the team was either not working on Apex for much of the time (Working on Helis, Bootcamp, Zeus, Marksman, Eden) or splitting their attention between Apex and the other stuff. Also total amount of new stuff in both marksman and Helis:

7 new weapons, intuitive weapon resting mechanics, new recoil, 2 new vehicles (plus the M900), ten new supply pods plus the bench seats, advanced heli flight mode, fire from vehicles, sling loading, ghillie suits, new GL vests, two new multiplayer game modes, and lots of new objects, on release they were $15 each, plus the $5 when new karts DLC which totals $30 for what we care about and $35 for all paid DLC. It also bears mentioning that Much of that (the platform updates and game modes) was totally free, further lowering the value proposition of the paid content

Apex is $35, we're getting the culmination of two years work on visual upgrades, more platform updates, 7 new vehicles and a total of 18 variants (some of which required a fair amount of remodeling), a load of new CSAT vehicle textures (</3 helis), 2 (possibly 3) new outsourced vehicles, 10 new weapons (spar 16s, spar 17, and CAR-95-1 are significantly different enough from their "base" they count IMO, plus the China GL is a new model), 5 ported, refreshed, and much-modified (at least under the hood) DayZ weapons, New textures of main faction gear, brand-new NVGs, two brand new rucksack families, a new G3 turtleneck, a new mandible helmet, a new CSAT uniform, a new CSAT helmet, several new civilian/irregular clothing articles including tank tops, new shorts, a new barefoot t-shirt/shorts set, a new bump helmet (Protec is love, Protec is life), a new balaclava, vehicle in vehicle, official helmet cams (as far as we know), and brand-new 6-8 hour co-op campaign, a bunch of other little shit I can't remember (Not counting squad radar, since shacktac had that for years), and a very new, very dense and superbly optimized terrain with like hundreds of new objects and buildings to support it (but that's not important nor did it take up the majority of the development focus and time :rolleyes:). Oh yeah and everyone seems to be forgetting we're also getting a brand new main menu and a bunch of new faces and eight new voice packs including two new languages, because getting those to a smooth and passable state is also also not a pretty sizeable effort either  :rolleyes:

It's a pretty good value proposition IMO, and it might explain why there's so many little things that need work.

@rep I do very much like that guy's artwork, he's also got some sick kriss/AR hybrid stuff like the gun there plus some art done for COD:AW, and some other really cool artwork of other guys. I can guarantee you it's not stolen, he probably was contacted by BIS and went "holy shit, they want to make this a real model in a video game where it'll actually be looked at? Hell yes!" or something of that nature. BIS Cz is not the kind of company to totally steal stuff from other people, at least recently. No idea if they did it in the past but I doubt it.

• Like 8