Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

It's a shame because RHS have mastered the vehicle in vehicle stuff, their C130 you can just drive a Humvee up in there and close the ramp done!. Works brilliantly.

To the best of my knowledge, there is an issue with air vehicles containing roadways (like the Mi-6 in CUP for example) in that they will drop out of the sky if you place them in the air in the editor. Also, helicopters with roadways do not get downwash effect, at least last time I checked.

• Like 1

I read much here and in the hole forum, but post only very view. Now I have an important question to you guys. I tested the Apex Beta and it's awesome, but why nearly every new weapon sounds like a silenced katiba or silenced mx when you put a silencer on it? Is it a known Bug or are the sounds just placeholder or what? I known it's still in development and so on. Does somebody known more?

Hi folks,

I was reading all the last posts with great attention. Nice discussions here. I was testing the weapons and units today and I love them. I also really like the aspect of the Viper team, just awesome(I know, maybe too futuristic...)

About the retextures I saw no harm in use them. The more variety the better(even if they are just retextures). Maybe the MX khaki is little bright but I'm ok with this. Anyways, anyone know if they are placeholders or just final versions?

I saw that the fantastic camo of the early Alpha on the Ghost Hawk has returned. Nice touch.

Regards,

Hi folks,

I was reading all the last posts with great attention. Nice discussions here. I was testing the weapons and units today and I love them. I also really like the aspect of the Viper team, just awesome(I know, maybe too futuristic...)

About the retextures I saw no harm in use them. The more variety the better(even if they are just retextures). Maybe the MX khaki is little bright but I'm ok with this. Anyways, anyone know if they are placeholders or just final versions?

I saw that the fantastic camo of the early Alpha on the Ghost Hawk has returned. Nice touch.

Regards,

I'm kinda afraid that textures are final. I don't even remotely agree that Green Khaki MX are ok/acceptable in current form.

In most cases, the issue isn't that retextures have been used. It's that some of them aren't even good.

• Like 1

In most cases, the issue isn't that retextures have been used. It's that some of them aren't even good.

That's it, retexture is not a bad thing if it was done properly and not rushed like in Apex. A good retexture can make you feel like it's a new model and not just a new texture.

Does anyone have a clue what the Device does? is it some Quake machine? Some EMP thingy? An ICBM? Does it even do anything other then look fancy and pretends to look like a doomsday weapon. It has nice Case mod fans; low RPM with high air flow.

It's a McGuffin.

• Like 2

Confirmed the Volcano is meant to go off. I honestly thought when Tanoa was been cooked up with the dormant volcano. That the Device was supposed to trigger an island wide earthquake coupled to a huge volcanic eruption. Its been a while I touched the campaign I had hoped we would see it in action.

That's what i was saying about a certain element (earthquake device) from the east wind to be used in a certain place (volcano) on Tanoa.But somehow i doub't that's the case anymore.

That's what i was saying about a certain element (earthquake device) from the east wind to be used in a certain place (volcano) on Tanoa.But somehow i doub't that's the case anymore.

We think its an Aircon unit. About as useful as that. Again wasted potential

We think its an Aircon unit. About as useful as that. Again wasted potential

I thought it released 3D Editors on dev branches?

Hi folks,

Regards,

Yeah I was thinking how the viper team was too futuristic, but it gives you the feel to fear enemies than ever before. But they aren't taking a cheesy futuristic look but something rather authentic. It's a feeling I have.

I suggest for BIS that they add some more internal views like for the Blackfish as there is nothing behind the crew door. Hopefully they'll make an internal view for this maybe make some animations for mod developers to use considering this is not the final version of Apex.

So I see

Miller

is part of the Expansion, I wonder what his role is?

• Like 1

I thought it released 3D Editors on dev branches?

Yes the Aircon Device is on Dev. Just it needs a regas.

So, we see...

Spoiler tags please. There are people that don't want to know this. Please apply a bit of common sense.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

• Like 2

Well he gets captured at some point, going by the teaser trailer.

I don't see where in the trailer is getting captured, I just see one CTRG going down but that's all + I did not see his face.

If you can explain it to me, I would like to know :)

I don't see where in the trailer is getting captured, I just see one CTRG going down but that's all + I did not see his face.

If you can explain it to me, I would like to know :)

After they breach into the house, one of the captives in the next room looks vaguely like Miller.

• Like 2

After they breach into the house, one of the captives in the next room looks vaguely like Miller.

It looks a bit like an easteregg. Like someone just edited Miller's face in.^^

Indeed, thanks for the clarification.

We all know what is real truth, spoiler alert !

Trollface.png

• Like 1

I didn't get everything right:

the new goggles will be NVG and Thermal too?

I didn't get everything right:

the new goggles will be NVG and Thermal too?

Yes, it's the same as some optics.

So I have a question. I am on Apex Preview build. But if I swap back to Dev does that mean I lose access to the Apex content released at E3? Checking the Change log today it doesn't say if Dev update includes the vehicle and weapons.

Guest ti0n3r

So I have a question. I am on Apex Preview build. But if I swap back to Dev does that mean I lose access to the Apex content released at E3? Checking the Change log today it doesn't say if Dev update includes the vehicle and weapons.

No man, dev branch has all the apex content if you own it.