Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

Honestly I think the Pacific NATO guys look like some community retexture. You can see in many places, on vests especially, where parts have just been recoloured rather than totally redone. Maybe this was some attempt to maintain consistency between the MTP and tropical variants, but if that was the case then the older textures should have been brought up to the level of the new ones, not the other way around. The Syndikat units are palatable because the new textures are generally quite good (although I just can't look at them and forget they're FIA reskins). 

Apex is a mix between Crysis 1 and Graw 2

Crysis-North-Korean-Nanosuit-1325.jpg

Maybe the textures won't be tweaked by release. Who knows, if we all make tickets about it, maybe they'll do something. There's specific categories for that after all :)

Though if there is one thing they don't fix by release that i'd be upset by, it'd be the Bergen textures. Probably the one thing that you can objectively say is bad that everyone can agree on

• Like 1

All the response to the new kit, all the retexturing etc is why BIS haven't shown us anything until now. They knew we'd pick it to shreds. Which is why I personally think its silly they didn't show, at least some of, this stuff earlier.

However, the only thing i've currently seen that I absolutely detest, is the "green" MX variants. wtf is that?

This DLC look great, but no female soldier or civilian yet... Very sad about that, this is one half of humanity. Maybe next time for a Valkyrie DLC...

• Like 2

Nice teaser trailer.

Sometimes, even after all these years, it blows my mind that Arma exists at all. You can moan about the inevitable rough edges but there's nothing else that's even remotely as crazy-ambitious.

Firstly I think we should pay respects to BIS and Petr who took over that has steered things from when Joris was moved. I mean to do from no news to basically everything in two weeks. I was really down nothing was shown up until then.

What you said. That's very true. But I think people who are on this page are very passionate about Arma 3. And we all want to see it even better. So I get bummed for people who had hoped they could physically ride into the Blackfish a LSV and there isnt an insta teleport attach vehicle option but a working system in place to make it almost real to life. What I am saying there is a lot that could be looked at. hence I wonder if it was a time factor or a cost factor.

• Like 2

This DLC look great, but no female soldier or civilian yet... Very sad about that, this is one half of humanity. 

Yes. The half of Humanity that generally doesn't fight in wars, for a whole host of basic biological reasons.

I do agree with needing female civilians, though. It does look bizarre walking around an island where apparently everyone who lives there is male. It feels like visiting some bizarre Twilight Zone.

• Like 1

some little touchs would be useful..... like a RPG backpack carrier, akm with gp25 and at least a kobra attachment, 

• Like 1

Yes. The half of Humanity that generally doesn't fight in wars, for a whole host of basic biological reasons.

I do agree with needing female civilians, though. It does look bizarre walking around an island where apparently everyone who lives there is male. It feels like visiting some bizarre Twilight Zone.

There are trans-sexual

some little touchs would be useful..... like a RPG backpack carrier, akm with gp25 and at least a kobra attachment, 

I am absolutely hating the 1970's Soviet Russia gear. They could have at least updated the Aks to the Zenitco trimmings. So it can work with other 2035 Units

• Like 2

I am absolute hating the 1970's Soviet Russia gear. They could have at updated the Aks to the Zenitco trimmings.

there is an ak12 is more than suffice

• Like 1

"The ramp does not have to be open for the feature to work, and we are configuring existing assets to be compatible indeed" (ArmA3 Twitter).

Well, its not what I was hoping for (looks like it will be teleported into the helicopter since you dont have to drive it in) but it will be made available for existing assets so that's great.

there is an ak12 is more than suffice

If you look at things in Russia the AK12's are still being evaluated BIS'es model is dated compared to the newest variant

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-12

I know the theme was old but reliable weapons but the HK SMG-useless against moving target at 300 meters or more. The AK SU and the AKM could could have have been upgrade to use the Zenitco furnishings. That way you have the old but "reliable" in workings but a modern looking model.

• Like 1

Guest ti0n3r

QQ!!! :D

If you look at things in Russia the AK12's are still being evaluated BIS'es model is dated compared to the newest variant

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-12

Probably because the lead-in time was Apex was long enough that they had to lock in the decision/get references early enough to get started on modeling/texturing early... or maybe said outdated references were what were publicly available as of when they decided on the AK-12.

Vehicle in Vehicle is in and working on today's Dev Branch, its simple and functional but not as in depth as I was hoping. Still a nice feature to have. Just wish you could have vehicle and players in the back of the same aircraft.

• Like 1

ViV - in first person in a vehicle carried by another vehicle, there is a shadow issue (light is not blocked by the carrier).

-- at least for NATO LSV

Does anyone have a clue what the Device does? is it some Quake machine? Some EMP thingy? An ICBM? Does it even do anything other then look fancy and pretends to look like a doomsday weapon. It has nice Case mod fans; low RPM with high air flow.

Does anyone have a clue what the Device does? is it some Quake machine? Some EMP thingy? An ICBM? Does it even do anything other then look fancy and pretends to look like a doomsday weapon. It has nice Case mod fans; low RPM with high air flow.

It's aircondition, to be more specific a new generation it keep air chill while you drink tea in desert.

• Like 1

Have you played the campaign? If so you would know that the Device is a and I quote "Tectonic Weapon" in other words it makes earthquakes.

• Like 1

Vehicle in Vehicle is in and working on today's Dev Branch, its simple and functional but not as in depth as I was hoping. Still a nice feature to have. Just wish you could have vehicle and players in the back of the same aircraft.

It's a shame because RHS have mastered the vehicle in vehicle stuff, their C130 you can just drive a Humvee up in there and close the ramp done!. Works brilliantly. 

• Like 2

It's aircondition, to be more specific a new generation it keep air chill while you drink tea in desert.

I always new it was something to do with cooling. The fans gave it away. And with the flashing light it was likely a warning. Beware of spinning Fan blades. Fingers and all. CSAT have China on board so they monopolized the Airconditioning unit market and held the world at Ransom-hence the great war on Tanoa. People sweltering new orleans are the most effected.

• Like 1

It's a shame because RHS have mastered the vehicle in vehicle stuff, their C130 you can just drive a Humvee up in there and close the ramp done!. Works brilliantly. 

Dont tell BIS...shhhh. It will trigger them. I know I kick them in the ass alot...BIS. But maybe they just never had the time. We will never know. Perhaps a better then something is a better then nothing.

But I wonder if we should have started a thread. With take your time we can wait. Apex is too cheap we will pay more for more. And then the Devs could rest assured we would have gotten more refinements and had the time to experiment more or more finances to bring people on board to try new things or improve things.

I mean I find it sad that there is only like 3 sound guys. I mean shit really if I had a few million I would like okay here is an investment for the next Arma. Learn from your mistakes and get cracking. No douchery intended. Because what alternatives do we have. Squad? BF? COD? I mean again I don't always get the decisions but I am trying to not sound self entitled.

I think more then anything I wish Petr said more on here. Its a legitimate question. Same as lack of Women or more Civvies or better in vehicle transport. At this stage. I dont even want it to be about me. But yeah I can get that feeling you waited for a Year now its here. Your fire it up and its like Okay...puzzled look its no better then then the Modders version or worse its worse.

• Like 1

Have you played the campaign? If so you would know that the Device is a and I quote "Tectonic Weapon" in other words it makes earthquakes.

Confirmed the Volcano is meant to go off. I honestly thought when Tanoa was been cooked up with the dormant volcano. That the Device was supposed to trigger an island wide earthquake coupled to a huge volcanic eruption. Its been a while I touched the campaign I had hoped we would see it in action.