Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

I have bought Apex. But it is not downloaded!!! Why?

I have bought Apex. But it is not downloaded!!! Why?

You need to specifically enable it from the "Betas"-menu. Right-click on the STEAM-icon.

CTRG seems to be a (Yes, I know it's blasphemous to reference CoD in Arma but...) Task Force 141 or Rainbow Six-like organisation in that it doesn't just consist of exclusively British operators, judging by the different types of insignia patches that we'll be getting:

CTRG 15 - GE
CTRG 15 - IE
CTRG 15 - PT
CTRG 15 - UK
CTRG 15 - US
CTRG 14 - NATO
CTRG 15 - CA
CTRG 15 - NATO

The numbers possibly designate the "security teams"(?) that the operator is a part of, followed by the nationality or affiliation of the wearer. UK, US and NATO are self-explanatory, while CA is probably Canada. No idea what PT, GE, and IE are meant to stand for though.

This would kind of fit into A3's very first storyline & settings back in 2011, which also had CTRG as a multi-national group with characters like Martin Novak (a Canadian with an 'Eastern European' background), Evan Illing (American) and Miller himself (British).

In fact, quite a few things in Apex seem to be inspired by A3's original settings; a Paramilitary faction, Smugglers, Kabeiroi faction (guerrillas?), and Bandits were also in the 2011 settings and were assigned to OPFOR and INDEP. Now we have strings for a Tanoan faction called the Syndikat, which seems to be all of the four rolled together into one faction:

Syndikat Faction
a criminal organisation composed of armed thugs and ex-paramilitaries

...then again I'm probably extrapolating too much on this stuff. Guess we'll find out soon enough.  ;)

GE = Germany

PT = Portugal

• Like 1

NATO pacific/woodland vehicle textures may come later, after all, we're still a month away from release. The original Medit. NATO doesn't have all of the new vehicles under its faction in the editor either, even though I'm pretty sure it should. Pretty sure they're going to be perfecting everything while we're testing it.

Also, I think vehicle loading isn't fully implemented in the game yet.

Take a look at the post above yours.

Nice teaser trailer.

Sometimes, even after all these years, it blows my mind that Arma exists at all. You can moan about the inevitable rough edges but there's nothing else that's even remotely as crazy-ambitious.

• Like 11

Nice teaser trailer.

Sometimes, even after all these years, it blows my mind that Arma exists at all. You can moan about the inevitable rough edges but there's nothing else that's even remotely as crazy-ambitious.

I think that Arma is a showcase video game, and a big part of what I like in it is its ability to show what video games can do. I'm especially thinking of ViV, Slingloading, 3Den power...

- Uniforms: syndicate uniforms and gear are good. Gendarmerie has currently a horrible texture, that blue texture is so bad I can't believe it, NATO and CSAT Tropical variants have a good camo pattern but look too clean and like they are just painted, no fabric texture layer. CTRG is a bad use of "Color Balance".

Yeah, texture quality is inconsistent. The Syndikat trousers, for example, are pretty good quality with a nice fabric effect. I'm guessing this is because the model is fairly new and good quality (AAF trouser retexture), while certain t-shirt models never seem to have nice textures, presumably because they're quite old or just not that well made. All the Viper gear is excellent.

REMEMBER WE ARE A MONTH OUT FROM RELEASE!! EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE!

Textures will be improved (I personally don't mind the weird over-textures on some uniforms, though I can imagine how it would annoy the sh**out of someone as talented as foxfort. As for the MX, Meh, we're all gonna use the SPAR anyways so who cares?), ViV will be implemented, amins may be altered, and the ERCO zero will be fixed (currently shots hit slightly left, though having a decent 5.56 optic at all I'm happy with)

1. Green khaki MXs are horrible retexture (I told already that they used simple "Color balance" in Photoshop, bad). All new weapons here are very good.

2. Gendarmerie has currently a horrible texture, that blue texture is so bad I can't believe it, NATO and CSAT Tropical variants have a good camo pattern but look too clean and like they are just painted, no fabric texture layer. CTRG is a bad use of "Color Balance". 

1. What other way could they have used that wouldn't have resulted in basically the same outcome? It looks fine in my opinion. If you look at the original tan MX it doesn't really have any clearly brown dirt on it, I'm pretty sure they didn't just use 'color balance' on the old texture without accidentally also making the already applied dirt green.

2. The CSAT jungle skin has the same fabric as the arid one though.... The CTRG uniforms have clear visible dirt on them too, they didn't just select some areas and used 'color balance', if that's what you mean.

Take a look at the post above yours.

You posted that just as I made my post, it wasn't there yet when I started writing it.

The following (small) things need to be changed in my opinion:

1. The FINGERS / FINGER POSITION LOOKING DAMN STRANGE (for example the SPAR and Protector 9mm)

2. The new Pistol is looking awful. Really. It dosnt fit in the game. Also the hand / finger position is strange again. Or remove it!

3. Please retexture the Type 115 6.5 mm. The texture is looking like a simple color with paint.

Iam also confused why nobody complains about the car physic's with the Jeep and Prowler. You cant drive them intuitive. Its just like you would driving on ice.

Do you guys remember when community said that CSAT look like some aliens and not really pretty. Well  BIS decided not to listen to community and continue making aliens. yeay :P

Alien you say.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/RKcqHaPhkkM/maxresdefault.jpg

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/IMG_4672.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/US_Army_powered_armor.jpg

There are all sorts of future soldier concepts around the globe and have been since the 90's, if anything it looks like this contingent of CSAT has enabled the program and found a way to do so that is the least bulky to the soldier

Fear factor seems to also have played a part in design, I know I'd be nervous at first glance.

Textures will be improved

[Citation needed].

As for the MX, Meh, we're all gonna use the SPAR anyways so who cares?

Low standards, fuck yeah! Let's all be good, little consumers!

ViV will be implemented

[Citation needed].

The ERCO zero will be fixed 

[Citation needed].

having a decent 5.56 optic at all I'm happy with

More low standards! Whoo!

• Like 1

Overal I'm liking this new stuff. Really, I thought they where over exaggerating saying it was the best BI ever made, but after tonight I don't know. It's good, very good. Great atmosphere.

The new units look also great and to me the camo works well. Like the look of it.

Weapons not that impressive, but still a some fun with them.

Vehicles just great. Love the light jeeps (all off them), they are just perfect for me. Like the racing plane, just beautiful and a lot of fun. New boat is effective and the planes are a very nice tool in combat situations. The jetski, I don't know about the stearing; to strict. No fun at all.

Tweaking; some poor blokes like the smuggler have no shoes...

Alien you say.

There are all sorts of future soldier concepts around the globe and have been since the 90's, if anything it looks like this contingent of CSAT has enabled the program and found a way to do so that is the least bulky to the soldier, fear factor seems to also have played a part.

:P I still don't like it. But If they made CSAT like this I would more than happy:

http://img05.deviantart.net/9f8b/i/2009/365/d/2/gdi_vs_nod_v_2_by_55blahh55.jpg

IE...um...Ireland, Iceland, Indonesia...

My guess would be Republic o' Ireland, since its technically a sovereign state, yet very british-like. Though if that were the case, IR woulda made more sense.

Alien you say.

There are all sorts of future soldier concepts around the globe and have been since the 90's, if anything it looks like this contingent of CSAT has enabled the program and found a way to do so that is the least bulky to the soldier

Fear factor seems to also have played a part in design, I know I'd be nervous at first glance.

fear factor? Maybe for some. I look at it and I lose the conscientious factor (the one where you have a hard time aiming cause you hate shooting humans)

CSAT is a major threat and an economic powerhouse. I think that this is at least some way to imply that.

I have bought Apex. But it is not downloaded!!! Why?[/size]

Go to arma tab im steam games. Right click. Go to betas. Click on the drop down menu. Sneak peak of apex option select it. Then go to play arma 3 it will download tanoa.

• Like 1

"BIS will improve textures"

[Citation needed].

"Who cares about khaki MX texture, w're just going to use the SPAR anyways"

Low standards, fuck yeah! Let's all be good, little consumers!

"VIV will be implemented"

[Citation needed].

"ERCO Zero will be fixed

[Citation needed].

"Not a big deal, having a decent 5.56 optic works for me just fine"

More low standards! Whoo!

1. Texture improvement is part of the normal development process, if BIS doesn't fiddle with over-textures, It's not a big deal since you have to be really close to see it

2. The MX Khaki texture looks similar in finish and quality to the sand MX texture, so if you're not going to complain about that, too, then you have no room to complain about the retex

3. https://twitter.com/Arma3official/status/742467460364967936

4. Feedback ticket

5. You're just being a self-conceited jerk, and you're not contributing to the thread. Either be constructive or please do not post at all. If you have a problem with BIS, this is not the thread to discuss it in

Also, just found out, the Viper harness is a great way to give divers a carrier rig! Now he's not reloading from his invisible belt, and it actually goes with the compact rebreather pretty well!

1. Texture improvement is part of the normal development process, if BIS doesn't fiddle with over-textures, It's not a big deal since you have to be really close to see it

Absolutely not. This is Apex, the final (to our knowledge) milestone of Arma 3 in general. Meaning it should fix pretty much everything wrong. My biggest concern, being the textures and model quality. The new Syndikat clothing are re-textures of existing gear, which to some extent is fine. But what really annoys me still, is the quality of the CSAT uniforms, and how pixelated and old they look even with my objects and textures maxed out. Sure, you're not going to see it from far away, but morally, that doesn't really mean it should be left the way it is.

It´s fun looking back at old predictions. I was pretty close with guessing a lot of retexturing (easy guess). :)

Personally I like the "modern" guns best and do believe that they will serve a really broad player base. CTRG and the new NATO camo are fine in my opinion. The MX retexture is a bit weird (apple icecream anyone? :) ). I had hoped CSAT would get a "modernized" version loadout without the scale armour and alien-helmets to suit the jungle enviroment. It would have given vanilla a modern OPFOR version to play around with for those that are not into the whole alien -stuff.

btw: anyone else think the Vipers should have the predator -style thermals? :D