Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

New features/content, which I've spotted and wasn't mentioned before:
-Paradropping vehicles

-new backpack

-I think I've spotted a beard on guerilla guy.

-cool animations in campaign, maybe helmet view.

About that sneek-peek, I didn't pre-order Apex, but I'm downloading sneak-preview now, I hope I will be able to access some of it :)

Holy crap, the CSAT Viper guys are.... different.

CTRG

Prowler

Do you guys remember when community said that CSAT look like some aliens and not really pretty. Well  BIS decided not to listen to community and continue making aliens. yeay :P

• Like 2

You know what, I'm just glad that if we're going to be fighting space aliens, 1: the uniform can eb used with other things (and actually looks like retextured it would work as a CSAT non-alien uniform) and 2: they went all out. I cant wit for apex to finish downloading so I can go make fun of everything

My first, very early impression is that CTRG got really short changed here. The quality of the Viper units is very high in comparison. I'm not sure about the helmet, but I love the new regular CSAT NODs. The CAR-95 is pretty fun too.

Did anyone managed to get ViV working? And are apex reskins for NATO factions working?

Did anyone managed to get ViV working? And are apex reskins for NATO factions working?

will test ASAP. 

NATO reskins not available, even in the arsenal.

NATO reskins not available, even in the arsenal.

There's not difference in color scheme for NATO and NATO (Pacific). Completely the same tan stuff.

Secondly and to my complete and utter disappointment, after opening the ramp of the V-44 Blackfish, and preparing for complete epicness of driving the Prowler LSV inside............................. it warped straight through the ramp an ran into the back of the plane... I... I can't even. Didn't know what i expected.

• Like 2

Chinese VTOL go up to 750km/h. Serious things begin here. However, there is no animated parts to make it lean left or right.

There is an issue in 3Den with the Ghost Hawk, one of the Strings for camo is not translated.

Great stuff. I must admit that I, untill now, though not much of the Apex expansion.

Lovely stuff.

Hehe, for a second i thought it was turning out to be a whole new game, till i was reassured.

0CCEA532206F64B631779B364677FA163EDD5635

Yup. Still Arma.  :lol: 

Do you think that the content will be in dev branch soon? I feel lost when I'm not on it.

Am I the only one ? 0:15 female eyes ? Anyone ?

Am I the only one ? 0:15 female eyes ? Anyone ?

BIS already denied that there are women included. Why should they lie ?

If they said "well, maybe not, we're not sure yet, maybe later..." ok we could have doubts. But they clearly told use "no women in Arma 3" at least 3 times in the two last months...

I'm really not warming to the CTRG. They look like pilots wearing motocross helmets. In retextured uniforms.

NATO pacific/woodland vehicle textures may come later, after all, we're still a month away from release. The original Medit. NATO doesn't have all of the new vehicles under its faction in the editor either, even though I'm pretty sure it should. Pretty sure they're going to be perfecting everything while we're testing it.

Also, I think vehicle loading isn't fully implemented in the game yet.

Even If I don't have Apex pre-order, sneak-peek works. I have my first review of new Apex stuff. Please BIS, please all this still to be in WiP, please.
- Weapons: awesome, some need better RPM, minimi has like 450rpm. Green khaki MXs are horrible retexture (I told already that they used simple "Color balance" in Photoshop, bad). All new weapons here are very good.
- Uniforms: syndicate uniforms and gear are good. Gendarmerie has currently a horrible texture, that blue texture is so bad I can't believe it, NATO and CSAT Tropical variants have a good camo pattern but look too clean and like they are just painted, no fabric texture layer. CTRG is a bad use of "Color Balance". Vest/harness are ok, new Backpacks are awesome, new balaclava super awesome, two new helmets are good (new CSAT helmet is too big IMO). New CSAT special purpose uniform, to me looks like too tight and like made from leather, now men in tight leather outfits, no just no. 
Vehicles: Awesome. 

So Apex:
Weapons = Good, while retextures are terrible.
Vehicles = Good
Tanoa = Good
Backpacks = Good
Headgear = Mostly good
Uniforms = Bad 

Overall, new uniforms textures need a fabric texture over-layer, MXs a new khaki texture, Some retexture NATO helmets have a bright green color and that's bad.
CSAT's new SP Helmet has little to big size IMO, scale it down.

Yo BIS if you need help with retexturing stuff, I can help you with that. 

• Like 4

I can imagine the Vipers being controversial, but I actually don't mind them. CSAT already looks quasi-futuristic, so I see nothing wrong with them just as well going all-out. Besides; using them is completely optional.