Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

TBH would trade all new guns and vehicles for fixed clipping, knife, and better AI.

A knife for guns, serious?

I mean, there is a truth behind the expression "bringing a knife to a gunfight".

Agree on the AI (although it's not that bad now).

• Like 1

You want my honest advice. Pay a modder who does shit hot 3D modeling to make some row boats. You likely have more chance of falling pregnant then getting new boats from BIS. Even though I am sure we would have payed more for Apex and been given this. And I am sorry to be frank but thats the only way it will happen.

And yes I like the new weapons with the exception of the 1980s AKs and RPG-7. That could have at least been updated with Zenitco rails. But the reskins. Lack of a new independent faction. No Boats No CSAT campaign. I don't get it.

• Like 1

A knife for guns, serious?

I mean, there is a truth behind the expression "bringing a knife to a gunfight".

Agree on the AI (although it's not that bad now).

Remember to some AI is something they wish for. Others bigger and more weapons. For him he wants stealth kills. His wishes are no worse or better then ours. Its also what the community has wanted for a while an option to get in close under darkness and a knife to the windpipe or through the lung into the heart.

Anybody think they will do something about the diving goggles?

Not important at all, but nevertheless it buggs me that the goggles magicelly dissapear when on land.

That's a matter of convenience. If you wear a full set of diving goggles like those here for a little while on the surface, you start to find that they fog up ​very quickly (never designed for prolonged surface use) and end up being more of an encumbrance; covered nose can't breathe and mouth breathing by itself is inefficient.

You want my honest advice. Pay a modder who does shit hot 3D modeling to make some row boats. You likely have more chance of falling pregnant then getting new boats from BIS. Even though I am sure we would have payed more for Apex and been given this. And I am sorry to be frank but thats the only way it will happen.

The only way?

Remember to some AI is something they wish for. Others bigger and more weapons. For him he wants stealth kills. His wishes are no worse or better then ours. Its also what the community has wanted for a while an option to get in close under darkness and a knife to the windpipe or through the lung into the heart.

I think knife has been discussed to death since 2001.

Truth is, in reality, a decisive, single blow knife kills (COD like) rarely occur, people often remained combat effective after being stabbed or slashed multiple times, especially wearing body armors.

If ArmA has a knife, it would probably even weaker than 9mm in the game.

• Like 1

The only way?

Well officially you can ask BIS. Unofficially between you and me you can get a sex change and maybe get pregnant...but yeah. Again more chance of that happening then an official BIS Navy. Either learn modeling fast and make some assets. Steep learning curve there. Or pay some modders. Because as far as Apex version 2.0 after Apex there is no more going to happen.

I think knife has been discussed to death since 2001.

Truth is, in reality, a decisive, single blow knife kills (COD like) rarely occur, people often remained combat effective after being stabbed or slashed multiple times, especially wearing body armors.

If ArmA has a knife, it would probably even weaker than 9mm in the game.

COD is quite LULz.  Sure a knife fight with an alerted enemy is some bad Steven Seagull fight on a train movie shit. But Knife training is still taught and SEALs take knives in. Even the US marines have the Ka-Bar.

The current AI system in Arma 3 doesn't allow for sneaking up close to a unit and sticking a blade through his eye socket into the brain or stabbing an opponent through the jugular and windpipe. There is no coming back from that. That's if they caught unawares. But a knife can be effective on a sleeping sentry or someone unaware.

https://www.thrillist.com/gear/10-knives-special-forces-use-military-knives-for-survival

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=90038&page=1

@DnA, i really hope people who bought the Arma Deluxe Edtion or just APEX will get a PDF map of the area, just like with the Deluxe edition!

It would be great for mission planning and such, and it shouldn't be too much work right ;) ?

• Like 1

COD is quite LULz.  Sure a knife fight with an alerted enemy is some bad Steven Seagull fight on a train movie shit. But Knife training is still taught and SEALs take knives in. Even the US marines have the Ka-Bar.

The current AI system in Arma 3 doesn't allow for sneaking up close to a unit and sticking a blade through his eye socket into the brain or stabbing an opponent through the jugular and windpipe. There is no coming back from that. That's if they caught unawares. But a knife can be effective on a sleeping sentry or someone unaware.

https://www.thrillist.com/gear/10-knives-special-forces-use-military-knives-for-survival

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=90038&page=1

Not to mention the fact that in MOUT the bayonet still remains an effective and lethal tool. If they surprise you around the corner you just lunge your gun forward, shooting once or twice for good measure, not to mention the utility of it for cutting wire and as a fighting knife, and that's not even getting started on the morale effect a bayonet charge has on undisciplined insurgents (as the British and French found out in Afghanistan). And as for its use against armored targets, well Kevlar can't stop blades and ceramic plates crack when you drop them; any reasonable bayonet stab will go right through

Not to mention the fact that in MOUT the bayonet still remains an effective and lethal tool. If they surprise you around the corner you just lunge your gun forward, shooting once or twice for good measure, not to mention the utility of it for cutting wire and as a fighting knife, and that's not even getting started on the morale effect a bayonet charge has on undisciplined insurgents (as the British and French found out in Afghanistan). And as for its use against armored targets, well Kevlar can't stop blades and ceramic plates crack when you drop them; any reasonable bayonet stab will go right through

Cough Cough Apex thread not feature request thread.

Well officially you can ask BIS. Unofficially between you and me you can get a sex change and maybe get pregnant...but yeah. Again more chance of that happening then an official BIS Navy. Either learn modeling fast and make some assets. Steep learning curve there. Or pay some modders. Because as far as Apex version 2.0 after Apex there is no more going to happen.

The devs have said they're still going to do more for Arma 3 after Apex

• Like 1

Cough Cough not requesting jack :). I've pretty much explored tanoa at the surface level, at least the main, southeast, and military islands, after constant exploring over the past few days. I've gotten a feel for the island, and have toyed around with some firefights, I don't have much else to contribute to the Apex-only talk until they stage the next phase, so I'm simply adding my two cents onto a minor deviation.

*sigh* I guess i'll stick to my stupid short stories  :(

Long before there was a glimmer of Apex this thread became that and alot of us ranting about no Tanoa details. I actually put a video on You Tube and was in the process that week putting up another.  I think we all secretly wanted a few extra cherries on top or a bit of fat here and there. People are passionate

The devs have said they're still going to do more for Arma 3 after Apex

The official word on the street is there is nothing concrete planned. I believe it was some tweet.. But I did read it myself. That was before Apex info was released.

I am sure another expansion in a years time of just content would go down well. But the reality is perhaps now they will be pulled off Arma 3 for newer things. I think the best guy to ask is Marek Spanel-the BIS top dog. Perhaps a Kickstarter with a cash now for a product in a years time would show them we serious. I will try tweet him now...if he replies thats a different matter.

Inb4 the aks,mp5 and makarov are all copy pasted from Dayz    :lol:

Which is nice.

Why should they not. The assets exist and they are working in the engine, so might as well use them in A3 without a big hassle. They used DayZ assets already before (lots of these tiny misc scenery objects like cans, etc) and I wouldn't mind them using even more.

Why should they not. The assets exist and they are working in the engine, so might as well use them in A3 without a big hassle. They used DayZ assets already before (lots of these tiny misc scenery objects like cans, etc) and I wouldn't mind them using even more.

There's always the nay sayers who only see it as laziness, doesn't matter if the assets fit perfectly for the setting in question and using them saves a shit-ton of time/money/manpower, the nay sayers somehow see it in a way that BI should and is obliged to use that saved time/money/whatever to create new stuff from scratch.

There's always the nay sayers who only see it as laziness, doesn't matter if the assets fit perfectly for the setting in question and using them saves a shit-ton of time/money/manpower, the nay sayers somehow see it in a way that BI should and is obliged to use that saved time/money/whatever to create new stuff from scratch.

haha there might be people out there that think like that I am not one.  Would be interesting to see if Arma will bring over chambering a round, tactical reloads and jamming that I believe are in or coming to Dayz.   Also just wanted to say I am very excited to try out all the new assets coming with the expansion.  

• Like 1

i hope in the sks and knife too 

there wiil be an  Altian version of the veichles?

Y-32_Xian.jpg

Highly doubt it, we got no VTOLs in the greek army