Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

My main concern is how the AI will react to jungle envivorment, they can spot you through the vegetation ATM just like you're in an open field and this needs to be addressed expecially in jungle based envivorment, it can be boring if you can't spot the enemy, but the enemy can spot you even if you're hidden behind plants and stuff

to be fare its not acctually like that, AI can't see you till they are like 50-20 meters away and ad that point you can see them aswell if you look closly. (a sudden move here a twitch there always keep your eye's open for that kinda movement ;) )

My main concern is how the AI will react to jungle envivorment, they can spot you through the vegetation ATM just like you're in an open field and this needs to be addressed expecially in jungle based envivorment, it can be boring if you can't spot the enemy, but the enemy can spot you even if you're hidden behind plants and stuff

Check out luetins video, it looks very promising man:

• Like 2

Not even, BIS would win the war over sound quality, visual fidelity and textures any day

well, we'll see when they release it won't we ;)?

• Like 4

If you're thinking of the Canadian flattop upper (FTU) that may well be where the game asset designers got the idea from to begin with, considering that the PLA sticks to iron sights or the proprietary mount/optic in all public footage/photos... Emei Firearms offers this alternative but I've never heard of its adoption in China, and even there the times I've seen the QBZ in use with a Picatinny rail it's always been via rail adapter and wielded by law enforcement.

Yep. Rails are for PAP use, not for PLA troops. And if the PLA ever does warm to the idea of Western-style weapon rails, they wouldn't be using Picatinny but their own proprietary design.

Granted the Chinese CSAT units are meant to be special forces so I guess it's sort of makes sense for them to have exotic weapon choices, but still...

I guess we will.

• Like 1

But let's not forget one important thing here: "Apex Protocol" is 1-4 players, you can play it alone, dare I say ... singleplayer! :)

Yeah, but will it be a fun experience then? For example, as soon as I have to start micro-managing the ai for certain tasks (which would be a no-brainer for human players), A3 loses the fun-factor pretty fast.

/Edit: Not saying it's all shait here. I am just worried, because that's usually how coop-campaigns in singleplayer are going. And if I remember back to A2, there too had been situations where I've had to jump between characters to do things more effective (less annoying..).

• Like 1

Check out luetins video, it looks very promising man:

That was tense.  I'm really digging this new brighter jungle environment...its deceptively dangerous.

AI are blind if you hide in a sugar can field.

In deep jungle, you have to be cautious but you can surprise them and easily get around. 

That was tense.  I'm really digging this new brighter jungle environment...its deceptively dangerous.

Hehe, i love it. The environment perfectly fits my play style. I ended up ambushing a convoy of players in wasteland, and then disappearing. Went to some warehouse, some guy ran into it while i was in my inventory, so i ended up firing while retreating and jumped into the ocean and vanished thanks to my survival fatigues.

Hehe, i love it. The environment perfectly fits my play style. I ended up ambushing a convoy of players in wasteland, and then disappearing. Went to some warehouse, some guy ran into it while i was in my inventory, so i ended up firing while retreating and jumped into the ocean and vanished thanks to my survival fatigues.

Can we make a Gilligan's Island mod now? 

Not even, BIS would win the war over sound quality, visual fidelity and textures any day

-EDIT: I can't believe no one is excited for the campaign...

Im most excited for the campiagn too it sounds awesome! :)

Quote lexx:

Yeah, but will it be a fun experience then? For example, as soon as I have to start micro-managing the ai for certain tasks (which would be a no-brainer for human players), A3 loses the fun-factor pretty fast.

/Edit: Not saying it's all shait here. I am just worried, because that's usually how coop-campaigns in singleplayer are going. And if I remember back to A2, there too had been situations where I've had to jump between characters to do things more effective (less annoying..).

Its possible to play it in SP you would probably not get those issues in coop tho ;)

And i also hope for an ALICE Module this time which gives much more immersion, easily populating cities and villages with civilian life is something that i miss since from A2. Community made scripts can't do what a BIS module can do

Im most excited for the campiagn too it sounds awesome! :)

Quote lexx:

Its possible to play it in SP you would probably not get those issues in coop tho ;)

That's my main concern haha, trying to get some friends off their asses to come play the COOP campaign.

• Like 1

That's my main concern haha, trying to get some friends off their asses to come play the COOP campaign.

Yea... unfortunately I think thats gonna be my issue aswell :(

It sucks because I have not been able to properly test Tanoa because I am off on holiday abroad E_E. As soon as I saw Tanoa release I felt myself burst with rage and happiness. I definitely chose the wrong time to go on holiday...

-EDIT: I just realised I am about to reach my 100th post...

Who made the M4's in RHS? Because quite frankly, those are among the best M4's I have ever seen in any game. Absolutely great.

• Like 2

Who made the M4's in RHS? Because quite frankly, those are among the best M4's I have ever seen in any game. Absolutely great.

+1 RHS really do, do top quality content, it's great.

Have a slice of cake to celebrate my 100th post:

birthdaycake98%5B6%5D.gif?imgmax=800

• Like 3

AI are blind if you hide in a sugar can field.

In deep jungle, you have to be cautious but you can surprise them and easily get around. 

AI hear too well. More so since the environmental audio is not taken into account. On the seashore with constant waves sounds, or when a truck is running, they still hear a mouse fart at 60 meters. That really needs to be toned down.

• Like 5

Hit me up, i'd be down and likely up at your time to play given the circumstances :)

AI hear too well. More so since the environmental audio is not taken into account. On the seashore with constant waves sounds, or when a truck is running, they still hear a mouse fart at 60 meters. That really needs to be toned down.

Set audiocamo coefficient or whatever the new command was added recently?

Rob, you know most of the TFD guys would be happy to play the coop campaign if you wanted, just pop over and say hi.

Set audiocamo coefficient or whatever the new command was added recently?

Rob, you know most of the TFD guys would be happy to play the coop campaign if you wanted, just pop over and say hi.

Thanks for the offer imp, I might just do that.

Hit me up, i'd be down and likely up at your time to play given the circumstances

I might just do that as well, depends on my own circumstances at the time

• Like 1

I might just do that as well, depends on my own circumstances at the time

Hit me up too :) I'm home most of the time :P

Hit me up too :) I'm home most of the time :P

When the hell did I get so popular? I might just do that as well haha

• Like 3