Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

Well you cutting it close. What exactly are we talking here. Different look uniform perhaps no ballistic weave and upperback section. Different helmet?

No micro climate unit and a run of the mill ballistic helmet.

• Like 2

I don't know about you guys but I can't wait for this upcoming campaign, not just because I am a Brit but because I was hooked on that small scale stuff you had to do during the events of Arma 2. What are your guys thoughts on playing as the CTRG?

Quote from the Arma 3 website:

Take on the role of a NATO CTRG special operator in the
1-4 player "Apex Protocol" co-op campaign

Connected to the events in the original Arma 3 "The East Wind" campaign, your team is sent to Tanoa in order to prevent a humanitarian disaster, but you quickly find yourselves facing a far bigger threat than they bargained for. The co-op campaign consists of highly replayable missions, featuring a drop-in/drop-out multiplayer structure, and the difficulty scaling up or down based on the number of players.

What do you guys think they mean by "highly replayable missions"? Less linear? Less on the rails? I hope so.

JYbPttg.jpg

• Like 1

That's not a bad thing , when you they got a really nice models that are used only in Dayz game 

personally i would like to have all the weapons from Dayz in ArmA 3 imho :D

Well I guess...I hope you don't attack me for this but you being a legend in the mod community...would you ever return to start making more content to fill the gap

Well I guess...I hope you don't attack me for this but you being a legend in the mod community...would you ever return to start making more content to fill the gap

I just realised what your profile picture was haha!

Hope the content showed isn't all the stuff they made in these years.

I liked the vehicles showed,the VTOL aircraft,new vehicles and that chopper drone were awesome,not to mention the terrain.

Things that I didn't liked were no new faction only some bunch of guerrillas that were no different from any other guerrilla group like FIA,some retextured NATO&CSAT units that you could find on any A3 mod site,civ faction not expanded at all apart from an airplane and some jeep.

So if what was showed was 80-90% of APEX content I already regret pre-order this one.Like I said the new units look very good,but I hope they kept a few surprises for release.

I personally hoped for some anti materiel rife like a Barret with AP and incendiary round for each faction. A few more machine guns. A decedent island independent military and then the cut XM 25 with a Chinese equivalent. Plus with what we now saw.

There is alot of gaps weapon wise. Even the old AKs could have been modernized with Zenitco upgrades. But another "FIA" faction is a bit of a odd choice. They maybe needed a local Militia that was against CSAT or paid for by CSAT-some mercenaries like a proxy war-the little green men in the Ukraine- and then as mentioned a local military that was a bit under equipped.

Out of curiosity have you seen any animals in Tanoa (besides birds and butterflies)?

I mean in Altis & Stratis we have snakes and rabbits.

If not, speculation: What animal would you think BI will add in the map?

I originally wanted some monkeys. But a few Tigers. Some snakes. A wild boar or two. If they could have added animals like Far Cry 3 I think we could have had a awesome hunting for wild animals with heavy weapons. Turtles. A seal or two or three. maybe a pack of roving dogs just outside the city. Salt water crocs. Things that make scary sounds at night when its dark....in the jungle.

I just realised what your profile picture was haha!

Yeah I harassed him a lot to get info awhile back. Wonder if they going to live stream or better start on Expansion 2...he did say alot of future left in Arma 3

I just hope that they change the buildings so that you can enter more rooms etc.

It would be great if they add some more uniforms and especially some vest.

I just hope that they change the buildings so that you can enter more rooms etc.

It would be great if they add some more uniforms and especially some vest.

Just remember they still have a month to get APEX ready, the map will undergo changes and most likely one of those many changes will be to the buildings.

Just remember they still have a month to get APEX ready, the map will undergo changes and most likely one of those many changes will be to the buildings.

Officially APEX is due this month (first half of 2016), hence less than 3 weeks. There's not gonna be any substancial change on the map nor any new content made. Some small tweaks are to be expected (reposition of assets to avoid clipping and such).

New buildings that allow entering them, are highly unlikely. You may have noticed that most non enter-able buildings are in or close to jungle areas. It's simply a performance trade off. 

• Like 1

Officially APEX is due this month (first half of 2016), hence less than 3 weeks. There's not gonna be any substancial change on the map nor any new content made. Some small tweaks are to be expected (reposition of assets to avoid clipping and such).

New buildings that allow entering them, are highly unlikely. You may have noticed that most non enter-able buildings are in or close to jungle areas. It's simply a performance trade off. 

While I agree with your first statement the second one I do not, I have noticed that most buildings (Over 50%) in built up areas are non enterable. While I don't mind this it is still substantially less to what we are used to.

While I don't mind this it is still substantially less to what we are used to.

I'm afraid that is something that was clearly announced when we first knew of Tanoa, about a year ago. No surprises here. 

And "less to what we are used to" well... that's only if your experience in the series is only Arma 3... But the OFP, OFP:R, Arma 1, Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead terrains were like that. 

I'm afraid that is something that was clearly announced when we first knew of Tanoa, about a year ago. No surprises here.

And "less to what we are used to" well... that's only if your experience in the series is only Arma 3... But the OFP, OFP:R, Arma 1, Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead terrains were like that.

But the difference is that they made new content (like the blue skyscraper) and they look like a simple diffuse texture and a shader. No detail and no interaction. Thats annoying cause I wanted a real building not a cube with a texture.

I had a feeling you would say the latter. We are used to what is currently present a.k.a Arma III. Most Arma terrains before now have had certain non enterable buildings, sure but OA did not, OA had pretty much every building open to play with. In conclusion it is nice to have enterable buildings but if FPS is at stake then I am fine with how it currently is. Personally I didn't have a problem in the first place I was just answering someones question E_E 

I noticed the BIS Klan insignia on the VTOL's: http://imgur.com/l42j6qU Maybe  textureVehicle'in the insignia config is going to be used: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Unit_Insignia

Is this a leak...? https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/File:A3_insignia_plane.jpg 

If so, it looks like NATO may be getting F-35 or similar!!!

I don't know about you guys but I can't wait for this upcoming campaign, not just because I am a Brit but because I was hooked on that small scale stuff you had to do during the events of Arma 2. What are your guys thoughts on playing as the CTRG?

What do you guys think they mean by "highly replayable missions"? Less linear? Less on the rails? I hope so.

(((Quote doesn't work very well so this is my post below)))

"Highly repalyable" hmmm.I think they mean you can use different tactics with your friends and live a different experience by playing the same mission.But the possibility of more open gameplay is always present because Tanoa is smaller than Altis.At some point maybe you're free to roam the whole island,who knows.I also hope side missions will return and this time they needt make more sense to the story,not just be a way to get better equipment.

All the vehicles have already been announced...

https://arma3.com/apex

go check that out it has everything.

In the dev video they said there are more weapons they haven't announced not to spoil any surprise for the co-op campaign.

• Like 1

Well congrats on filling 100+ pages with your nonsensical ramblings and/or kiddie temper tantrums... you are all big boys/girls 

I have two things I feel the need to share with you:

1. The first post will be updated once we have a final list from BI

2. Please oh please add an alternative to the default CSAT Army Uniform. I have nothing against the current design, but I would love a lower tech counterpart. Thanks :)

Here here to the best Admin with his micro aggression sense of humour that has triggered many...including me. I will need a safe space now. Checked my white male privilege.

• Like 1

In the dev video they said there are more weapons they haven't announced not to spoil any surprise for the co-op campaign.

To be precise, we didn't want to show some weapons and equipment in the diary, but it is at least briefly mentioned on the Apex page. If You want to discuss these, please, consider using spoiler tags for the rest :icon_twisted:

• Like 4

BTW, you announced the endgame showcase.

However, will there be more SP showcase than this one or not?

Judging by images, some retexture of A3 stuff was kinda bad and too simple, that new green khaki MX, looks bad in my opinion. NATO green (recolor of CTRG uniform) and new police uniform looks like it was made in 15 minutes while playing with "Color Balance" in Photoshop. I do look forward to new AKs and RPG. As always modding community is again going to do some heavy work in order to improve Tanoa experience.

EDIT: Do we have any info on free stuff that may come with Apex for base A3? Like Marksman DLC gave us bipods

• Like 1