Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

How do you guys think the Vehicle-In-Vehicle feature is going to work?

Will we be able to drive a vehicle on the ramp and into the cargo bay of the helicopter or will it just be "relocated"/teleported inside ? 

How do you guys think the Vehicle-In-Vehicle feature is going to work?

Will we be able to drive a vehicle on the ramp and into the cargo bay of the helicopter or will it just be "relocated"/teleported inside ? 

If i would be relocated I will be disappointed because modders have being doing this with attach to command for a decade : D

Since apex have being in works for quit a long time I would expect from BI programmers bit more ambitious solution.

Driving on the ramp is possible in mods (CUP for instance), so I guess the former is more probable. They can also add a completely new system, because it will be engine based (compare Helicopters DLC sling loading and scripted/modded slingloading prior this DLC).

EDIT: New DEV Diary: https://youtu.be/5A1O4QiFd58

• Like 1

I like the new VTOLs aswell

Nato one is more a like VTOL gunship style of AC130 while CSAT VTOL is more like a VTOL Hind heh

• Like 2

Another update? It could be the weapons and vehicles coming in :)

PHny6nk.png

All the new Apex weapons

http://i.imgur.com/NoDGm2N.jpg

Protector 9 is the MP5k PDW

Not all it seems, pettka said "And there are a few uniforms and weapons that we're not revealing yet, as we want them to be a surprise for the players who are going to play the co-op campaign"

• Like 1

The KH-3A Fenghuang's description makes it sound a lot like CASC's CH-3A. An upgraded variant of the standard CH-3, it has 2 more hardpoints that make for 4 in total, which matches the KH-3A's profile of being only able to carry 4 AGMs.

Dead on

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/395180/ss_d426e4268b4e85c38f3d8b9673c388c99c5d76ab.jpg?t=1465401750

it's really nice to see some new UAVs , not cheap reskins

• Like 2

Note that CSAT VTOL has empty rails for rockets in all scenes, new rocket type maybe?

so the new 5.56 lmg = minimi

CSAT VTOL looks fucking awesome, same w/ the Blackfish.

Don't like the NATO camo though, it looks like ATACS to me.

I wonder how much vehicles will be re-textured.

I also like what new camos look like.

That's only better :D

Yep, I for one am pleasantly surprised by the number of new weapons, and not only the number but what weapons they are, cool stuff.

Also the LSVs look nicer in-game than their real life counterparts do  :lol:

so the new 5.56 lmg = minimi

Quite surprised it isn't more ergonomic or "railed" up. Would have liked to have seen the M240 LSW and a modern M249-Special Purpose Weapon. I always had a soft spot for the M249-Special Purpose Weapon

NVG from CSAT

Waiting for more complains about how the new CSAT looks even more like a Alien xD

Quite surprised it isn't more ergonomic or "railed" up. Would have liked to have seen the M240 LSW and a modern M249-Special Purpose Weapon. I always had a soft spot for the M249-Special Purpose Weapon

it has rails if you haven't noticed
  • Like 1

at 1:19 they made a few mistakes in the background :D

Good lord, these vehicles and units are better than I thought.

All the new Apex weapons

http://i.imgur.com/NoDGm2N.jpg

My goodness what did they do to that abomination of a QBZ-95. They should've just stuck to the QBZ-95-1's design and stuck a rail on top, not turn it into a flat top like the terrible export version!

Though I'm glad that they stuck with the QLG-10A at least and didn't reuse the Katiba's ML40.