Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

Vehicles probably the week afterwards.

I just want my Special forces protecs already.

• Like 1

So I found a command "enableTraffic ..." can't seem to get it to work and can't find any documentation on it. Perhaps a hint towards ambient civs? Anyone else come across this yet?

Probably a port of the old traffic system from Arma 2. If I'm not mistaken there was one, for A2. As well as miscellaneous scenario missions like hunting and survival mode where random AI spawn in random directions and so on, so fourth.

Hopefully, looking forward to it if it is. Anything is better than nothing! I doubt the civilian population would have been evacuated from this island the same as it was for Altis.

no but you are so young.........

Ah i see, this is where i try and think up some random age to make myself look more mature, well i'm not gonna do that. I am 17 years old, currently attending high school in Sydney.

On to the topic at hand though, Tanoa looks amazing!

I'm 1,682 years old. You fuckers don't even know how shitty war was back in my day, stupid kids have it easy 

Apart from a shadow bug with the bridges they even got it put together pretty good before they sent it to dev branch. I find it interesting they didn't keep going with the every building being fully usable thing like in Altis/Stratis. I suspect that's a performance compromise given all the damn trees. It's alright though, the new blue apartment block will still be a bi*** to clear :ph34r:

The KH-3A Fenghuang's description makes it sound a lot like CASC's CH-3A. An upgraded variant of the standard CH-3, it has 2 more hardpoints that make for 4 in total, which matches the KH-3A's profile of being only able to carry 4 AGMs.

uooA8yM.jpg

So I found a command "enableTraffic ..." can't seem to get it to work and can't find any documentation on it. Perhaps a hint towards ambient civs? Anyone else come across this yet?

Radio traffic?

since we have the gendarmerie ... can we have a unit called Crabtree from Alo Alo ?   :D  :D  :lol:  :lol: 

• Like 1

I wonder what the Helicopter UAV of blufor is based upon, seeing that they call it the MQ-12 it might be based upon the MQ-8B or the new MQ-18 maybe?

MQ-8

0717SDS86745.jpg

MQ-18

mq18-4.jpg

Radio traffic?

Neither. It's a leftover from Take On Helicopters.

• Like 1

I'd hope the Predator is either the PP-2000 or UMP-45 (except down chambered to 9mm) Though by the sounds of it... who knows.

Ah how did i miss that earlier on the wiki... must have been distracted by Tanoa. Oh well maybe i was being too hopeful. Tanoa would really benefit from some ambient civ life.

I'm sure it's been said to death, but it doesn't seem like there are any new planes (discounting VTOL) or the addition of weapons systems many people have wanted since the original screenshots (shotguns, the XM-25, etc.). I've already paid for it because I do like Bohemia, but I really hope this isn't all they bring to the table from the future looking forward when it comes to tanks (Merkava and variants are shit in real life and I can't say I'm a fan in game either), fighter/multirole aircraft, APCs, and other such additions.

Love the idea behind the game, at least the original 2011 idea. Not necessarily so fond of the reality as of now. 

I'd hope the Predator is either the PP-2000 or UMP-45 (except down chambered to 9mm) Though by the sounds of it... who knows.

<Original>A lightweight, air-cooled, selective fire, delayed blowback operated submachine gun with a roller-delayed bolt. 
The compact size, accuracy and high rate of fire of the Protector are highly regarded and the gun is used in many variants by numerous military, 
law enforcement, intelligence and security organizations all around the world.</Original> 

It's the MP5/MP5k or something similiar to it

In future Tanoa. When in the jungle. The first shots/ explosion. will send a small flock of birds flying from the canopy above the zone. narrowing furthermore your location.

In future Tanoa. When in the jungle. The first shots/ explosion. will send a small flock of birds flying from the canopy above the zone. narrowing furthermore your location.

Perhaps relevant to PVP and people with high end cards that can display the birds adequately enough.

Like this? :)

• Like 2

<Original>A lightweight, air-cooled, selective fire, delayed blowback operated submachine gun with a roller-delayed bolt. 
The compact size, accuracy and high rate of fire of the Protector are highly regarded and the gun is used in many variants by numerous military, 
law enforcement, intelligence and security organizations all around the world.</Original> 

https://www.google.ca/search?q=predator+mp5&rlz=1CDGOYI_enCA695CA695&hl=en-US&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjCp4nysJjNAhVK_IMKHeRKAhIQ_AUICCgB&biw=667&bih=299&dpr=2#imgrc=zO_MehJ0_GvviM%3A

• Like 1

Wow, BIS MP5, BIS AK, BIS AK12, BIS AR, BIS QBZ, they're trying to drive toadie out of business XD

Hopefully CUP will at least try to use the new anims, that stupid MAR-10 anim for the M16 is really annoying

Wow, BIS MP5, BIS AK, BIS AK12, BIS AR, BIS QBZ, they're trying to drive toadie out of business XD

Hopefully CUP will at least try to use the new anims, that stupid MAR-10 anim for the M16 is really annoying

Don't forget that there is also BIS P90 :P

most likely they will get a new reload anim

• Like 2

Don't forget that there is also BIS P90 :P

most likely they will get a new reload anim

Its weird why some weapons have non copyrighted names but the AK is called AK LOL. BIS ak is now dubbed A-Kay

It could also be this: http://www.sigevolution.com/sigmpx