Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

Okay I tried to buy Apex again to see if it would make a difference. Dont laugh. Says I own it already. I tried okay.

I almost did that too yesterday :D.. it's only $ an goes for a good cause :D

Yep, I can confirm that. PuFu is a respectable modder and artist who heed our call for help on Tanoa structures. There is always a good deal of Easter eggs in all our games, some of them even in vanilla Arma (e.g. even names on some assets) :icon_twisted:

Like Vliegende Hollander baai? --> hint towards Lord Joris?

• Like 1

To summarize my previous link, here's all the new stuff you'll get in APEX:

Well... I don't know how to put it but this does not look... consistent, I guess? Chinese, French (wut?), a criminal organization, a police faction (double wut but I guess that it has been made to pander to Altis Life crowd), NATO - all of this put together at some tropical paradise? It just doesn't look right to me. :huh:

CTRG seems to be a (Yes, I know it's blasphemous to reference CoD in Arma but...) Task Force 141 or Rainbow Six-like organisation in that it doesn't just consist of exclusively British operators, judging by the different types of insignia patches that we'll be getting:

CTRG 15 - GE
CTRG 15 - IE
CTRG 15 - PT
CTRG 15 - UK
CTRG 15 - US
CTRG 14 - NATO
CTRG 15 - CA
CTRG 15 - NATO

The numbers possibly designate the "security teams"(?) that the operator is a part of, followed by the nationality or affiliation of the wearer. UK, US and NATO are self-explanatory, while CA is probably Canada. No idea what PT, GE, and IE are meant to stand for though.

This would kind of fit into A3's very first storyline & settings back in 2011, which also had CTRG as a multi-national group with characters like Martin Novak (a Canadian with an 'Eastern European' background), Evan Illing (American) and Miller himself (British).

In fact, quite a few things in Apex seem to be inspired by A3's original settings; a Paramilitary faction, Smugglers, Kabeiroi faction (guerrillas?), and Bandits were also in the 2011 settings and were assigned to OPFOR and INDEP. Now we have strings for a Tanoan faction called the Syndikat, which seems to be all of the four rolled together into one faction:

Syndikat Faction
a criminal organisation composed of armed thugs and ex-paramilitaries

...then again I'm probably extrapolating too much on this stuff. Guess we'll find out soon enough.  ;)

Speculation: Do you think the full release will come before valve fixes the preview?

• Like 1

Well... I don't know how to put it but this does not look... consistent, I guess? Chinese, French (wut?), a criminal organization, a police faction (double wut but I guess that it has been made to pander to Altis Life crowd), NATO - all of this put together at some tropical paradise? It just doesn't look right to me. :huh:

You should then probably study more the geostrategic and historical situation in the South Pacific.

French is one of the main languages in the South Pacific. Heck France still controls a lot of territory there: French Polynesia or New Caledonia for instance.

Chinese it's obvious, heck the US has turned all his military might to the Pacific to counter-act China.

A criminal organization: pirates, smugglers, drug dealers (think of the War in Somalia or one of the deadliest active wars: Mexico war on drugs). 

Gendarmerie is a para-military police force, like French Gendarmerie, Spanish Guardia Civil or Italian Carabinieri... They act both as police and army. Most country-islands in Oceania have a para-military style of police as they can't afford a proper army. 

For what I've seen Tanoa / APEX drinks a lot of Bougainville, Fiji and Vanuatu.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the campaign will start off with CTRG doing raids on drug cartels or something, then they discover some rumors of "reptilian monsters" which turn out to be super-camouflaged CSAT operators.

• Like 4

Chinese because CSAT

French because France had a few colonies in the area, some people may still talk in French there. Fr speech could be used for locals.

Criminal organization for we-don't-know-why, maybe related to the story

Police faction would not help  Altis Life a lot as they're often modded

NATO because war.

Police and criminals could be locals, CSAT and NATO would be invading. It's not that much.

Speculation: Do you think the full release will come before valve fixes the preview?

That is a verry good question. My opinion: nope...

French because France HAS a few colonies in the area, some people may still talk in French there. Fr speech could be used for locals.

Corrected.

French is the official language in those French overseas territories.

And is also official language in former French territories (like Vanuatu). 

Actually France has "colonies" still in almost all continents from North America (St Pierre and Miquelon borders with Canada and Denmark), Central America/Caribbean, South America, Africa and Oceania.

And is one of the main trade partners of others, like Fiji.

There was an Ion texture in the file, so I;'m still hoping will be getting a PMC faction... someday...

CTRG seems to be a (Yes, I know it's blasphemous to reference CoD in Arma but...) Task Force 141 or Rainbow Six-like organisation in that it doesn't just consist of exclusively British operators, judging by the different types of insignia patches that we'll be getting:

CTRG 15 - GE
CTRG 15 - IE
CTRG 15 - PT
CTRG 15 - UK
CTRG 15 - US
CTRG 14 - NATO
CTRG 15 - CA
CTRG 15 - NATO

The numbers possibly designate the "security teams"(?) that the operator is a part of, followed by the nationality or affiliation of the wearer. UK, US and NATO are self-explanatory, while CA is probably Canada. No idea what PT, GE, and IE are meant to stand for though.

Portugal, Georgia, Ireland... maybe

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1_alpha-2

... No idea what PT, GE, and IE are meant to stand for though.

Portugal, Germany and, ehh, no idea about "IE".

What puzzles me is that "Syndikat" group. Why is it spelled in that particular way? If it was French, it would be "Syndicat"; but right now it looks rather like a word out of German or Swedish.

I'm afraid it's what they decided. Check the strings:

https://paste.ee/p/trUzi

I am very curious to hear your thoughts on Apex? In light RHS focuses on true to life systems. Not wanting to put you on the spot here. But I value your experience as a content creator and as an arma veteran.

But I am curious to pick your brains. And maybe ask would RHS maybe go into quasi futuristic content in light Arma 3 leans now more so that way? Case point the canceled USMC Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle. I know its poor form to ask stuff from you guys, But Hatchet's SOC boat will be highly valued. I think we all hope RHS fills in the blanks regards Water vehicles now that we have islands with a lot of waterways. Again please do not pressured either or.

Probably that's more of the RHS thread but...

would RHS maybe go into quasi futuristic content in light Arma 3 leans now more so that way? Case point the canceled USMC Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle. I know its poor form to ask stuff from you guys, But Hatchet's SOC boat will be highly valued. I think we all hope RHS fills in the blanks regards Water vehicles now that we have islands with a lot of waterways. Again please do not pressured either or.

We are not interested in the quasi futuristic setting. I mean if an artist creates something worth adding as an extra there may be a chance. But not as "official" part of the mod.

But Hatchet's SOC boat will be highly valued. I think we all hope RHS fills in the blanks regards Water vehicles now that we have islands with a lot of waterways. Again please do not pressured either or.

Well we have a lot of stuff planed or WIP related on the water vehicle front, so I think people will be happy  :)

• Like 4

Portugal, Germany and, ehh, no idea about "IE".

What puzzles me is that "Syndikat" group. Why is it spelled in that particular way? If it was French, it would be "Syndicat"; but right now it looks rather like a word out of German or Swedish.

Ireland?

There was an Ion texture in the file, so I;'m still hoping will be getting a PMC faction... someday...

+1 I wouldn't mind a PMC DLC like in A2

No idea, but some times in French "k" are used to add a "fancy" / rebel aesthetics.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the campaign will start off with CTRG doing raids on drug cartels or something, then they discover some rumors of "reptilian monsters" which turn out to be super-camouflaged CSAT operators.

All we need now is some VC and a Predator. Oh and Naplam

All we need now is some VC and a Predator. Oh and Naplam

Well RHS is giving us best stuff like RQ-11 and soon SOC-R  :D Finally we can do some Act of Valor stuff :) Hostage rescue etc.

• Like 3

Ireland?

Yes, probably Ireland.

No idea, but some times in French "k" are used to add a "fancy" / rebel aesthetics.

I just checked and in Czech it would be "syndikát". So may be the name is just a placeholder for now?

For now I feel a little bit disappointed by the absence of armoured vehicles.

+1 I wouldn't mind a PMC DLC like in A2

I really liked the faction-based DLC's.

• Like 1

Cheers pansyfaust. Noticed quite a few things:

Viper Team is also going to be OPFOR's counterpart to BLUFOR's CTRG given that all of the variants of the new Harness and Light Harness vests predominately use hexacam patterns.

You mean like updated versions of these:

sideshow_viper-03.jpg

If so it should be a third or forth faction that would go up against CSAT and NATO!  Sorry if it shows my age.  :D

Devs said 6.5 GB for APEX owners 1.3 for non owners

EDIT: And this is just a first iteration of the map,no vehicles or weapons or any faction so expect it to be much bigger

Thanks for the info! Going to clear up a bunch of old useless data or just buy a new SSD if need be.

• Like 2

So far the content looks great. Something for everyone (old, current and future stuff). However I had kinda hoped for a NATO - light fighter.

So far the content looks great. Something for everyone (old, current and future stuff). However I had kinda hoped for a NATO - light fighter.

BI already stated that they won't be adding in air superiority fighters into Arma. I think they made this decision because it wasn't needed or because the map is too small.